Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Actresses who have changed your mind over time

Default Actresses who have changed your mind over time

Have you ever really hated an actress in the beginning, only to find that a couple years later, to completely or slowly change your mind?
    Or how about the opposite, i.e. really liked an actress, and then got more and more disappointed in them as time went on?

For the first scenario:
    1) Xu Jing Lei ~ found her really annoying and hating her acting antics in romantic dramas, but now starting to respect her more as one of the few female directors, and plus her performance in Confessions of Pain was pretty good =D

2) Cecilia Cheung ~ I thought she was just some lame pop idol, but her performance in "Lost in Time" got my respect, though now I'm getting kind of neutral towards her again as her latest works aren't that great.

3) Fan Bing Bing ~ thought she was just some useless supporting character who wasn't even that pretty, but her acting certainly has taken an unique edge to it, especialy in "Cell Phone"

The other scenario:

1) Ruby Lin ~ I used to be crazy about her when I was younger, but I'm getting a bit bored. She doesn't release many series, and the type of characters that she takes on in those romantic series aren't very appealing. Maybe she can take on something more interesting later on and change my mind again.

2) Vicki Zhao ~ like her in HZGG I and found her cute, started to hate her in HZGG II, and now I just find her just really unappealing.

3) Margaret Chung ~ loved her in DIF III, but I think that was just her character, because she failed to impress me by playing very similar subsequent characters and eventually dropping out show business.

4) Lee Dae Hee ~ really liked her in the beginning of "My Girl", but then got fed up with her cutsy character, don't know fi it was the script or what, but she really got on my nerves in the second half.

What about you guys?

Myolie Wu - I hated her since Eternal Happiness and well still hated her despite her role in Golden Faith, the role that actually made me like her was in War with In-laws and War and Destiny wasn't too bad. So from dislike to neutral is not bad.

Charmaine Sheh - Since the beginning I thought she was a block of wood and the change is that now each day that passes by I dislike her even more. Most annoying actress ever!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Cyndi wang xin ling: i used to like her in westside story n tot that she delivered the character pretty well she has this sexy charm n although not realy that beautiful, she was stunning imo...but after le robe and smiling pasta n a number of no-good cutesy songs n performances....i so dislike her now...her songs before were pretty good (Dang n Jien Au) but now they sound yucky to me

the other way around:

Angela Zhang Shao han: i used to dislike her in my MVP Valentine but after the Dolphin bay, i super like her...she sings great songs n her dramas are those that are of interest to my taste n she gets prettier by the day imo In Bump Off Lover 17, she has proven her acting skills

Esther Liu Ping Yan: well, i cannot realy say that i realy like her but somehow, my views regarding her improved from Westside Story to Xian Qian
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Yeah Angela Zhang is another one, but not for acting, for her singing. I used to think that it was ridiculous that she released an album called "Over the Rainbow", but I would say that she has one of the more unique voices out there, kind of like Stefani Sun Yan Zi. Other female singers are too similar. Her acting is still pretty mediocre at best though.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung

Charmaine Sheh - Since the beginning I thought she was a block of wood and the change is that now each day that passes by I dislike her even more. Most annoying actress ever!

same here hahaha
    Jang Nara

Jang Nara (MTV clips, advertisement clips, etc..)
    http://lonelyviet.com/showthread.php?t=26451

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Have you ever really hated an actress in the beginning, only to find that a couple years later, to completely or slowly change your mind?
    Or how about the opposite, i.e. really liked an actress, and then got more and more disappointed in them as time went on?

What about you guys?
    Charmaine Sheh - utter dislike to almost neutral. But of course, her playing the role of CCY was a very big reason why she has improved in my eyes, if you can call it that.

Tavia Yeung - Did not really like her, now, not too bad.

Ada Choi - Disliked to neutral. Though I always thought she was pretty.

1) Xu Jing Lei ~ found her really annoying and hating her acting antics in romantic dramas
    have to say i'm still at that stage

2) Vicki Zhao ~ like her in HZGG I and found her cute, started to hate her in HZGG II, and now I just find her just really unappealing.
    yes, i liked her a lot in HZGG but other series i've seen her in, i've started to find her less appealing- not unappealing- but i'm definitely not a very big fan anymore

I actually didn't like Zhou Xun at all the first time i saw her- well, probably mainly her voice, but the more you watch and the more you get used to her voice, the better she is as an actress.

I initially preferred Zhang Zi Yi over Gong Li- maybe 3-4 years ago, but after watching more of their works, particularly as the years have gone on, i like the latter much better than the former.

LOL i totally agree there

I originally disliked Fan Bing Bing, finding her both unattractive and one dimensional, but although i still don't particularly like her, she has been good in some other series, and like yearning said, in Cell Phone.

Actually, I liked Charmaine Sheh in her early dramas believe it or not. Well, at least in DIF IV, I felt so sorry for her character and hated Lee San San's character so I was rooting for Charmaine. She was kinda sweet and innocent there (and at least she was young enough to play that role). I don't remember when exactly, maybe her 100000x overexposure, but she started to really really get on my nerves, and now whenever I see her, I switch the channel or run away.

Ruby Lin ~ I used to be crazy about her when I was younger, but I'm getting a bit bored. She doesn't release many series, and the type of characters that she takes on in those romantic series aren't very appealing. Maybe she can take on something more interesting later on and change my mind again.
    I think it was QSSYMM that ruined Ruby for me. She was fine in HZGG, but she annoyed me so much in QSSYMM. I refused to see her in anything else after that.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    I initially preferred Zhang Zi Yi over Gong Li- maybe 3-4 years ago, but after watching more of their works, particularly as the years have gone on, i like the latter much better than the former.
    Oh yeah, Zhang Zi Yi's image in my mind just flew out the window with Geisha. Shockingly bad performance.

Actually, I liked Charmaine Sheh in her early dramas believe it or not. Well, at least in DIF IV, I felt so sorry for her character and hated Lee San San's character so I was rooting for Charmaine. She was kinda sweet and innocent there (and at least she was young enough to play that role). I don't remember when exactly, maybe her 100000x overexposure, but she started to really really get on my nerves, and now whenever I see her, I switch the channel or run away.
    Really? I didn't want to root for Charmaine's character. She's so needy and not as strong willed as Lee San San's character. I was actually rooting for LSS simply because I thought her character suited and had more chemistry with Sunny Chan's character. Too bad she died.

I actually don't have many changes with actresses, if you talk about actors theres a lot more changes of likes and dislikes.

Ah maybe...

Michelle Yip - When I first saw Michelle in Reaching Out,I hated her face very much. Then I watched Eternal Happiness and liked her in the beginning but as the series progressed I started to dislike her again and then continued to dislike her until I watched Central Affairs 1 and 2 and I guess I don't dislike her as much but I still don't think her acting is all that great or good, however, she's become neutral in my book.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Really? I didn't want to root for Charmaine's character. She's so needy and not as strong willed as Lee San San's character. I was actually rooting for LSS simply because I thought her character suited and had more chemistry with Sunny Chan's character. Too bad she died.

I actually don't have many changes with actresses, if you talk about actors theres a lot more changes of likes and dislikes.

Ah maybe...

Michelle Yip - When I first saw Michelle in Reaching Out,I hated her face very much. Then I watched Eternal Happiness and liked her in the beginning but as the series progressed I started to dislike her again and then continued to dislike her until I watched Central Affairs 1 and 2 and I guess I don't dislike her as much but I still don't think her acting is all that great or good, however, she's become neutral in my book.
    Lee San San couldn't make up her mind whether to be a selfish ** or to be a "kind" friend, except her *cough* "kindness" came a bit too late...blah. Charmaine's role was supposed to be weak though, so she seemed okay there. Is it just me or is she looking really old? How old is she anyway? It's the same thing w/ Vicki..I see tons of 30 year old women look younger than them.

Anyhow, I've never liked Michelle Yip--in her earlier days, she just had bad acting, and in her later days, she's just irritating as hell, can't stand her.

Another person I don't think I'll change my mind about--Tavia Yeung arghhh.

tavia- i disliked her initially because of that series with annie and benny (can't remember the series name for my life) since i was more of an annie's fan. with time, tavia has proven her ability to act and i admire how she maintains a low profile compared to other actresses. i don't know...now she's my favorite in tvb since noel leung left and ada too.

as for charmaine- i despise her more and more with each series, each pathetic attempt at acting, each fake smile, each dumb response...and don't get me started on some of her fans. ARGGGHHHH!!! i cannot wait until the day this hack retires...she brings a new light to bad acting (not as bad as she used to be but given her experience...she is VERY lousy). i don't know how she, who looks like she's pushing 40 yo, can think that she can get away with playing the role of a 21 yo...OMG!!!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Early on in her career I used to like and respect Bai Ling as an actress and as a person. She's still talented and puts on good performances, but she and her life now are personally a mess! What happened to her? I mean, has she no shame?! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/please.gif')
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

dislike Jade lueng in Legendary with Ung Ying, ok with her since war and beauty

Alice Chan wei: i used to unlyk her wen i first saw her in the snow is red coz she had this 'damsel in distress' character....but after seeing her in Pretty Police Women, To Where he Belongs n MDWAV3, i gained respect towards her as an actress....i heard that she was to portray Anita Mui but i dunno if it was confirmed...i have very high hopes for her...she's good

on the other hand, i used to think Kristy Yang was good in The Snow is Red and liked her even more in Vampire Expert 2 as the beautiful monster. but after i have seen her numerous times portraying the same character over n over agen, i realized that he first two roles where i hav watched her was good, not her skill
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    tavia- i disliked her initially because of that series with annie and benny (can't remember the series name for my life) since i was more of an annie's fan. with time, tavia has proven her ability to act and i admire how she maintains a low profile compared to other actresses. i don't know...now she's my favorite in tvb since noel leung left and ada too.
    You are thinking of "Whatever It Takes" for the Annie, Benny, Tavia series.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    You are thinking of "Whatever It Takes" for the Annie, Benny, Tavia series.
    Funny, I don't remember Tavia being in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Crane
    Early on in her career I used to like and respect Bai Ling as an actress and as a person. She's still talented and puts on good performances, but she and her life now are personally a mess! What happened to her? I mean, has she no shame?! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/please.gif')

i think so..she changed a lot...don't like her anymore. her news and pictures always makes me shocked

Dislike to like:

Cecilia Cheung: used to see her as the asian version of old christina aguilera, really dislike her but start liking her after seeing her in one Chinese New Year comedy, the title being Lion Roars or something..

Bernice Liu: Didn't really like her at the start in that series with Nancy Sit (omg, what was it called..?) But I think she improved a lot.. ^^

Neutral to dislike:

Michelle Yip: Her performance in Eternal Happiness - drop dead boring..

Lee San San: She just CAN'T act..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Used to like Liu Yi Fei when the first time I saw her on ROCH06, but after hearing her strawberry dance song, I'll rest my case.
    be happy