Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Legend: A Dream Named Desire ending

  1. #1
    Senior Member Buffy_85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,781

    Post Legend: A Dream Named Desire ending

    You said that Rita gave that guy another chance, but to my knowledge, didn't she said no because her daughter is the most important thing to her right now and that she still loves her husband?

  2. #2
    Senior Member TKL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    668

    Post

    According to my very fuzzy memory of the series, I think near the end, Chris rang Rita and asked her out for dinner. It's an ending that depends on viewer's intepretation. If you don't think they are going to be together, then they won't. I just like to think that Chris'll never give up on his love for Rita and of course, Rita loves Chris all the way anyway.
    If a man could be at two places at one time, I'll be with you
    Tomorrow and today, beside you all the way

  3. #3
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,236

    Post

    I think she stayed single. They became close friends but nothign further. It just doesn't work in that simple formula (A loves B, B loves A, B and A get together) when children are involved. But that's probably cos I am biased in this matter.

    I like Tim better than Chris and nto to mention that i think ending up with a guy who was nearly married with yoru sister is gross. <IMG SRC="smilies/alien.gif" border="0">
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14

    Post

    all i remember about the ending scene was Chris and Rita dancing by the candlelight...but i don't think they got together at the end though...

  5. #5
    Senior Member Coolnuker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,078

    Post

    The only thing I remember it was a sad ending... Rita husband died.. and Rita indeed really love him... but he was afraid Rita was still loving Chris, this is why he became soo evil killing all his family... he was so dumb for not believing Rita still love him...
    Currently watching:
    (TVB): Many @ this time to name... ^^
    (Korean): None
    (Jap): None
    (Just Finish): ...

  6. #6
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Post

    I thought the whole point of the story was there is no happy ending.

    1) Tim's father, not a great man when he was healthy, who likes to have affair and thought Tim was his wifes fooling around result son. but instead Tim was his own son.

    2) Tim was a good man in the beginning. Then all shit and hell came loose on him and force him to change to evil to survived and yet in the end still got screwed and die

    3) Chris was a ruthless man, but have a special place for only a few people in his life... his son, and Rita and her sister. But what does he get. His son committed sucide, Rita married another guy and her sister die of aids.

    4) O ya speaking of Chris, lets talk about his son. He wanted a happy family but couldn't. He loves his dad and his mom but his mom is a wacko. In the end he think by killing himselfs his dad will be happy. Instead his mom gone mad (i feel she also love his son)

    I can go on but all I can say is that this ATV series is kind of depression. The only happy couple is probably Rita's parents who after splitting up are back together. Every good people have bad things happen to them and bad people have bad things happen to them.

    So I think the ending is this. Rita stay single while Chris became a close friend of the family. The key is the daughter... she probably wonder what happen to her father. Then hearing rumors that Chris is the one who cause harm to his dad Tim and cause him to be arrested and shoot to death. Rita become hard broken and then die because her forbidden love for chris and her committment with Tim. So with Rita dead, you have Rita's daughter trying to over take all her misery on Chris' business and money. She final got rid of Chris but she learn of the truth and realize her father was the evil dude and then became a nun <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0">
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  7. #7
    Senior Member movie fan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    757

    Post

    funny cocclusion you thought of there james. <IMG SRC="smilies/laugh2.gif" border="0">
    Currently watching- War and Beauty

  8. #8
    Senior Member ice_cream's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    a little island on Earth!!
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Originally posted by James Ko
    I thought the whole point of the story was there is no happy ending.

    1) Tim's father, not a great man when he was healthy, who likes to have affair and thought Tim was his wifes fooling around result son. but instead Tim was his own son.

    2) Tim was a good man in the beginning. Then all shit and hell came loose on him and force him to change to evil to survived and yet in the end still got screwed and die

    3) Chris was a ruthless man, but have a special place for only a few people in his life... his son, and Rita and her sister. But what does he get. His son committed sucide, Rita married another guy and her sister die of aids.

    4) O ya speaking of Chris, lets talk about his son. He wanted a happy family but couldn't. He loves his dad and his mom but his mom is a wacko. In the end he think by killing himselfs his dad will be happy. Instead his mom gone mad (i feel she also love his son)

    I can go on but all I can say is that this ATV series is kind of depression. The only happy couple is probably Rita's parents who after splitting up are back together. Every good people have bad things happen to them and bad people have bad things happen to them.

    So I think the ending is this. Rita stay single while Chris became a close friend of the family. The key is the daughter... she probably wonder what happen to her father. Then hearing rumors that Chris is the one who cause harm to his dad Tim and cause him to be arrested and shoot to death. Rita become hard broken and then die because her forbidden love for chris and her committment with Tim. So with Rita dead, you have Rita's daughter trying to over take all her misery on Chris' business and money. She final got rid of Chris but she learn of the truth and realize her father was the evil dude and then became a nun <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0">
    omg! you're so evil.....i seriously do not think that rita's daughter will turn evil....and what are we talking about here?
    like 100s of years later?
    A thousand times I have failed,
    Still your mercy remains
    Should I stumble again
    For I'm caught in your grace.

  9. #9
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Originally posted by ice_cream
    omg! you're so evil.....i seriously do not think that rita's daughter will turn evil....and what are we talking about here?
    like 100s of years later?

    hehe I give it like next 20 years. The story have to make it interesting.. and what better then having some motive... which is Rita and Tim's daughter... she probably have no feeling for Chris but have more feeling toward the person that give birth to her.

    No one really like to blame themselves... remember Yang Guo he also blame Guo Jing for his dad's death but later realized it was his dad who was bad. So same plot... just different eras and time...
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  10. #10
    Senior Member Nan Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    808

    Default

    I thought the story started off really good then it got really depressing toward the end. I think Elena Kong did a very good job here. Near then end, when the son was scared of her, it was very convincing, I even got scared. Lawrence and Crystal did a very good job playing the villain.

    I think in the end, Rita and Chris didn't end up together but remained good friends.

    The title of this series don't seem to really match what the story was about.

  11. #11
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    The title of this series don't seem to really match what the story was about.
    I guess the "Dream Named Desire" referred to the Cinderella dream of winning the beauty pageant where the winner could have all she desired (wealth, fame, love) but it was really just a disillusioned dream for the poor as the rich looked down on them like golddiggers and prostitutes.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  12. #12
    Senior Member Nan Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Ah that makes sense.

    I thought it was interesting thou, it show that you had to spend a lot or have someone sponsor you for the nice outfits to be in the competition.

  13. #13
    Senior Member charbydis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    White Camel Mountain
    Posts
    6,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Ah that makes sense.

    I thought it was interesting thou, it show that you had to spend a lot or have someone sponsor you for the nice outfits to be in the competition.
    I don't think the pageants were that bad and Wong Jing exaggerated the rumours. But most of the scandals mentioned in their were based on actual news/rumours and he altered it slightly to include into the series. There are a lot of rich disgusting men who do prey on young women (and now men) participating in beauty pageants but the way this series portrayed it made it scary.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

  14. #14
    Senior Member Nan Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    808

    Default

    oh wow I didn't know some of it was base on rumors. But I'm glad there are more beauty pageants now. I heard about a men beauty pageant. Isn't there also one where you can be in your 40s or 50s and still be in a beauty pageant?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-21-10, 12:27 PM
  2. Dream Series - Create Your Own Dream Series!
    By LuckyMx in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-26-08, 10:20 PM
  3. A Dream Named Desire II
    By Sport3888 in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 11-19-06, 12:38 AM
  4. The legend of Eight Immortals ending theme song
    By DONKNOWLEH in forum Singapore TV Series
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-04, 04:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •