Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love Revolution [Esumi Makiko, Fujiki Naohito, Yonekura Ryoko, Oshio Manabu]

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hehe, you should!
    Heh, I don't feel very compelled to rewatch the drama because I'd probably feel exasperated all over again as much as I like Makiko Esumi. Besides, there are many more rewatchable gems.

I always wondered after watching the same scene played out between Suga and Kyoko the second time round with Suga leaving Japan once again what exactly ran through Kyoko's mind to just let him go since she loved him so much. Was it because she loved him but felt that she had important things to do in Japan (he too in Washington) and that maybe they'd meet again someday? Neither of them made a commitment to the other. But it was sweet to see Suga come for her in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Heh, I don't feel very compelled to rewatch the drama because I'd probably feel exasperated all over again as much as I like Makiko Esumi. Besides, there are many more rewatchable gems.
    As you could probably tell from my uber long party pooper post, I was in the heat of the viewing moment. I'm over it now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    I always wondered after watching the same scene played out between Suga and Kyoko the second time round with Suga leaving Japan once again what exactly ran through Kyoko's mind to just let him go since she loved him so much. Was it because she loved him but felt that she had important things to do in Japan (he too in Washington) and that maybe they'd meet again someday? Neither of them made a commitment to the other. But it was sweet to see Suga come for her in the end.
    I wondered how long it'd been since Suga left for Washington the second time and Kyoko to the countryside, but just assumed a year again. If that's the case, maybe there was some kind of unspoken agreement since they made a reference to a year ago when Suga first left for Washington and seeing each other again one year later. They were really destined to be together one way or another. Kyoko's maturity and ability to throw herself into her work for those long periods of time without seeing Suga pie honey really amazed me. I don't think I'd have that kind of self control.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Sorry to bump up an old thread... but just to clarify that Kyoko did meet Yabuki first before Suga. Yoshida asked Kyoko to get Mariko to watch a play together, which was the one Yabuki was in, and they ended up having drinks at the bar where Yabuki worked. It was only after, when Katagiri Kenzo ended up in hospital that Kyoko met Suga, who was there to fish out information about Katagiri.

But I don't think it matters that much whether Kyoko met Suga before or after Yabuki. She was never very interested in Yabuki romantically anyway, at least not the way she felt for Suga.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Sorry to bump up an old thread... but just to clarify that Kyoko did meet Yabuki first before Suga. Yoshida asked Kyoko to get Mariko to watch a play together, which was the one Yabuki was in, and they ended up having drinks at the bar where Yabuki worked. It was only after, when Katagiri Kenzo ended up in hospital that Kyoko met Suga, who was there to fish out information about Katagiri.

But I don't think it matters that much whether Kyoko met Suga before or after Yabuki. She was never very interested in Yabuki romantically anyway, at least not the way she felt for Suga.
    No I do not believe it would have mattered because Yabuki never touched her heart and senses the way Suga did, and never would.

This is one of many of Makiko Esumi's memorable roles. I wished they'd cast her in something more interesting than in a drama about clashes between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law in Jigoku no Sata mo Yome Shidai this season. It's a theme that has been overexplored.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    No I do not believe it would have mattered because Yabuki never touched her heart and senses the way Suga did, and never would.

This is one of many of Makiko Esumi's memorable roles. I wished they'd cast her in something more interesting than in a drama about clashes between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law in Jigoku no Sata mo Yome Shidai this season. It's a theme that has been overexplored.
    Does it have anything to do with her age, though? She's 40+ now and I don't know if older J-dorama actresses have problems finding good roles as they age. I hope not, because she's such a good actress.
    玉木宏

blog

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Does it have anything to do with her age, though? She's 40+ now and I don't know if older J-dorama actresses have problems finding good roles as they age. I hope not, because she's such a good actress.
    Yeah - i think her age plays a major problem in getting the really good roles. most of the roles now are for actress around the age of 30 if u're talking about mature characters, and around 20 for those young characters.

unless you're a superstar - most actress just fade out of sight.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Yup, age is a factor given how intensely competitive the industry and her involvement in a scandal in which she was found to have failed to pay pension premiums despite being the government's poster girl. That hurt her career back in 2002, and after she had a child, she seemed to have taken a low profile just doing CMs and talk shows.

Heh...Fujiki Naohito looks super hot in this drama. Of course this was made about 8 years ago and he looks younger then.

Never knew Japan can produce such romance drama with kisses here and there. Not as conservative as most J-dramas are.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

During the filming of this drama, Naohito was single right? Is he married during the time he did Hotaru no Hikari? It just seem Naohito was not involved in a lot romantic scenes with the actress in HoH as he was in Love Revolution. Just wondering if there's any correlation here.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    During the filming of this drama, Naohito was single right? Is he married during the time he did Hotaru no Hikari? It just seem Naohito was not involved in a lot romantic scenes with the actress in HoH as he was in Love Revolution. Just wondering if there's any correlation here.
    Yeah Fujiki looks gaunt in later productions. Probably because he's in so many things.

I think it doesn't have anything to do with marriage status. Somewhere after about 2002, the intensity of kissing on screen just became a fizzle where there would just be a close up shot and freeze frame of the actor and actress with their lips pressed together. That's pretty much all you get nowadays.

Yeah Fujiki looks gaunt in later productions. Probably because he's in so many things.

I think it doesn't have anything to do with marriage status. Somewhere after about 2002, the intensity of kissing on screen just became a fizzle where there would just be a close up shot and freeze frame of the actor and actress with their lips pressed together. That's pretty much all you get nowadays.
    Ah, Naohito is such a charming actor. I always so cautious of Suga, because he always seem like a player than someone who actually loved. But I guess things changed when he met Kyoko.

I guess so. According to the Hana Yori Dango manga, there were more kissing scenes between Domyoji and Makino, but we got like two or three kisses in HYD 1-2 and SP Final.

I don't understand what happened that made romantic kiss scenes so scarce in the recent years dramas. I mean romance dramas need kissing scenes and stuff.
    Couples can't just hug or hold hands all the time. Otherwise they seem more like friends or so.

I don't understand what happened that made romantic kiss scenes so scarce in the recent years dramas. I mean romance dramas need kissing scenes and stuff.
    Couples can't just hug or hold hands all the time. Otherwise they seem more like friends or so.
    Aha! SHSS in the mood for love?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Aha! SHSS in the mood for love?
    Eh? What does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about romance onscreen, nothing off-screen. Though, I never seen In the Mood for Love movie as the main leads did in this drama.

Eh? What does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about romance onscreen, nothing off-screen. Though, I never seen In the Mood for Love movie as the main leads did in this drama.
    In the Mood for Love movie is worth a watch, I think. I don't know how to describe but worth a watch

P.S I Love You is nice too, I mean the moral of the story, is interesting.

On topic: I think Esumi and this Fujiki makes a good on-screen couple. They look equally tall.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Ah, Naohito is such a charming actor. I always so cautious of Suga, because he always seem like a player than someone who actually loved. But I guess things changed when he met Kyoko.

I guess so. According to the Hana Yori Dango manga, there were more kissing scenes between Domyoji and Makino, but we got like two or three kisses in HYD 1-2 and SP Final.

I remember that Suga didn't have a good childhood which was probably why he never was serious about a woman until he met Kyoko whose naivety when it came to romance and professionalism in her job drew him to her.

Yes romantic relationships have become very chaste! i.e. Around 40. They were so polite and restrained with only looks of affection and lying on the shoulder that it felt reminiscent of dramas way way back in the early years.

Maybe this period of convervatism will pass.

Suga never really trusted women because of what happened with his mother, if I remember right. He wasn't really a player, just never stuck around long enough to form a trusting relationship because most of what he did was for the search for truth.

I wish Fujiki would do another drama with Esumi Makiko. I miss seeing them onscreen, love their chemistry in LR.

Yes, and the kisses too! <3
    Last edited by junny; 02-10-09 at 06:03 AM.
    玉木宏

blog

Suga never really trusted women because of what happened with his mother, if I remember right. He wasn't really a player, just never stuck around long enough to form a trusting relationship because most of what he did was for the search for truth.
    I guess it didn't help that many women were willing to have a tumble in bed with him too.

Somehow dramas these few years aren't quite like those done in the 1990s and early years of 2000.

I wish Fujiki would do another drama with Esumi Makiko. I miss seeing them onscreen, love their chemistry in LR.

Yes, and the kisses too! <3
    I'd love that! I miss seeing Esumi Makiko. She hasn't been in a drama series in a few years. After the scandal with unpaid taxes while she was the spokeswoman for the national tax agency, her reputation was hurt for awhile. Then she got married and had a daughter. Now, she seems to only host variety shows and talk shows. Maybe a good script hasn't come along. The good news is that she's considered one of the coolest female celebrities for her frankness and natural beauty.

Fujiki is rumoured to be appearing in a drama next season.

I guess it didn't help that many women were willing to have a tumble in bed with him too.

Somehow dramas these few years aren't quite like those done in the 1990s and early years of 2000.
    I totally agree. I don't recall seeing a character as suave and sexy as Suga, and charming to boot. Oh, that irresistible smile I thought he looked so good regardless of what he wore (or didn't wear )

Over Time was another late 90s drama that I enjoyed. The stuff these days... ehhh.

I'd love that! I miss seeing Esumi Makiko. She hasn't been in a drama series in a few years. After the scandal with unpaid taxes while she was the spokeswoman for the national tax agency, her reputation was hurt for awhile. Then she got married and had a daughter. Now, she seems to only host variety shows and talk shows. Maybe a good script hasn't come along. The good news is that she's considered one of the coolest female celebrities for her frankness and natural beauty.

Fujiki is rumoured to be appearing in a drama next season.
    I hope it's a good drama! I haven't been inclined to watch Fujiki's recent stuff after Love Revolution, though I did finish Around 40. It was good, but as you pointed out, they were soooo conservative, I got a bit frustrated too. I do hope Makiko gets a good strong role if she does have a drama again. It'd be lovely to see her back.

Anyway, some pix of our favourite couple:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8182/photolr08tb1.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3442/photolr10si3.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7928/photolr13yb3.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4020/photolr20ll8.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2763/photolr14rb1.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3705/photolr23hh4.gif')
    玉木宏

blog

Wait a minute, I'm lost here. Do you all mean, the recent J-dramas are conservative? I have since severe ties with recent J-dramas the last one I watched was the one with Tsuyoshi Domoto (in his messy hairstyle) as the apprentice vet.

Junny, I remember Overtime, I watched it but I need to watch it again to jog my memory
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 02-11-09 at 08:06 AM.

Fujiki Naohito! I'm going to watch his recent work Shibatora, he's dressed like a rocker type guy with the blonde hair and jeans...haha he looks so good. It's different to see him in a different outfit from suits and stuff. Looks pretty good. And there's Teppei-chan as the main character. Haha cute.

From the first glimpses Naohito doesn't look as gaunt or whatever in Shibatora as he did in Hotaru no Hikari.

On second thoughts, I think I'll pass on Shibatora, its kind of like Gokusen, except its about Teppei and juvenille crimes. Kind of a waste for Naohito to be in this drama.

There's always S L O W Dance.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-11-09 at 04:58 PM.