Thread: Himitsu no Hanazono

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Default Himitsu no Hanazono

Have anyone watch tis drama? I am only up to episode 4, but it looks quite promising.

http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1044.htm

i don't recognize any of the actors/actresses except for the character of the youngest brother - which was acted by Hongo Kanata (the kid who acted as Ryoma Echizen in Prince of Tennis Live Action)
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

I watched episode one, the rest of the episodes are in backlog. Episode one was pretty amusing, but not that interesting for me to want to continue watching the rest of the episodes immediately though. I recognize Hongo Kanata and the eldest brother, can't remember the name but he acted in Team Medical Dragon as the weirdo doctor.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

really? I was quite captivated with tis series - I watch 4 episodes in one go. of course, it is not as funny as some other series (eg Nodame Cantabile), but i think it's good.

I wonder whether tis series is adapted from a manga? after all, it'll be interesting to read the manga in which its characters draw manga.

btw, i think the lead actress is really cute - altho she looks quite old (like in her mid to late 20s)...but still, matured cute.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Finished this dramas 2 weeks ago, I thought it's quite interesting & funny. The 2nd bro is the least handsome among the brothers but he has the most funny scenes with the lead actress. I like this drama more than HYD2.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    I recognize Hongo Kanata and the eldest brother, can't remember the name but he acted in Team Medical Dragon as the weirdo doctor.
    The weirdo doctor actor actually plays the second brother, Osamu. The eldest brother, Wataru, is played by Sakai Masato.

I'm enjoying this series so far. It's cute and sweet, although nothing particularly special. Shaku Yumiko only ever has 2 expressions when she "acts", but that doesn't limit the show 'cause that's pretty much all her character requires.

Just finished this series. It's a nice, cute, laid-back comedy and better than I expected. The last two episodes were a bit draggy compared to the first 9, though. That was a little disappointing considering the build-up to the exposure of the "big family secret."

Hinata resembles Wataru.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    If anyone was adopted into the Kataoka family, you'd think it'd be Osamu instead of Hinata. It was funny when Kawamura commented on how each of the brothers would be appealing to the general audience...Wataru is good looking, Satoshi is hot, Hinata is cute, and Osamu is um erm hmm.....*cricket cricket*

One thing I still don't quite get is
    click to show/hide spoilers
    why or how Hanazono Yuriko's existence relates to Kataoka Toru's betrayal of his friend via plagiarism. The connection there seems to be too much of a stretch.