Thread: GX and YG: Me Love You Long Time

Default GX and YG: Me Love You Long Time

when did GX finally give up her search for YG?

she's too old eh??
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

Isn't it ironic that, when Jinlun Guoshi first suggested he teach her martial arts, Guo Xiang replied ('Shen Diao' Chapter 38): "What's the use of me learning [your] martial arts? I've no intention of being a nun."

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    Isn't it ironic that, when Jinlun Guoshi first suggested he teach her martial arts, Guo Xiang replied ('Shen Diao' Chapter 38): "What's the use of me learning [your] martial arts? I've no intention of being a nun."
    It's one of the disadvantages of not knowing Chinese, that I can't read the 3rd edition. Some of my favourite parts of ROCH were Guo Xiang's interactions with other people (JY must have had fun writing them), and as I understand it she gets quite a boost in the 3rd edition. Reading Athena's notes on the 3rd edition makes me regret not being able to read the expanded relationship between Guo Xiang and Jinlun.

Quote Originally Posted by ltcuoi
    When she started Ngor Mei....

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    It is ironic. Life is fill with many ironies. She probably has been through some tough times, considering her parents and brother died at Seung Yeung and so the country was in disarray. She didn't find YG. She was alone. Perhaps becoming a nun was her way to find peace in her heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ltcuoi
    When she was about 40. That was when she reached a new state of enlightenment, became a nun and founded Emei Sect.

Actually I think this is the most suitable ending for her. I really could never imagine her being married and expending all her energies raising children, or starting a movement to oppose the Yuan Dynasty.

/edit Ooh my four hundredth post! Yay!
    Last edited by junzi; 02-10-07 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    It is ironic. Life is fill with many ironies. She probably has been through some tough times, considering her parents and brother died at Seung Yeung and so the country was in disarray. She didn't find YG. She was alone. Perhaps becoming a nun was her way to find peace in her heart.
    Come to think of it. Huang Rong at first appeared in the novel, she was dressed as a beggar. Who knew that one day she would have been the leader of the Beggar Union?

Yang Guo's foster father is the one who killed his real father. His father killed his stepfather's son. Au Yeung Fung refused to help cure Yang Hong. But he saved Yang Guo from poison the first time he met him.

Hey Yeung Gor, remember you and your 1000 posts dilemma. Looks like once you broked the barrier, you never looked back huh? Are you going to try and stick with 9999 posts to avoid the 10000 posts barrier down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian
    It's one of the disadvantages of not knowing Chinese, that I can't read the 3rd edition. Some of my favourite parts of ROCH were Guo Xiang's interactions with other people (JY must have had fun writing them), and as I understand it she gets quite a boost in the 3rd edition. Reading Athena's notes on the 3rd edition makes me regret not being able to read the expanded relationship between Guo Xiang and Jinlun.
    But you can read the translation in the SPCNET.TV Reading Room or at Wuxiapedia.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    But you can read the translation in the SPCNET.TV Reading Room or at Wuxiapedia.
    I was hoping to read the 3rd edition expansions on GX's character, having already read the wuxiapedia translation. But looking at the reading room as you suggested, it seems the whole wuxiapedia translation was done by Icyfox. If so, I have to say, good work and thanks for the effort!

It's all your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Hey Yeung Gor, remember you and your 1000 posts dilemma. Looks like once you broked the barrier, you never looked back huh? Are you going to try and stick with 9999 posts to avoid the 10000 posts barrier down the road?
    Well, my new barrier is arriving soon, 1600. I also like the number 16, since that's how long I devoted to waiting for Gu Gu. I doubt I'll ever reach 9999, I'll be as old as sweeper monk if I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's all your fault.
    Yea, just blame it all on me.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian
    I was hoping to read the 3rd edition expansions on GX's character, having already read the wuxiapedia translation. But looking at the reading room as you suggested, it seems the whole wuxiapedia translation was done by Icyfox. If so, I have to say, good work and thanks for the effort!
    Actually IcyFox was a major translator for the final half of the book but several others were also involved. Noodles did more than the first half. Icy was shown as THE translator only because of the way the Reading Room translations section is set up with the person who originally posts the translation being shown as the translator. That's why I [as wizard] appear as the translator for the LOCH translation. A case of undeserved glory. I'm just a cog in the wheel.