Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favourite Period Dramas

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    lol.....looking at poster don't really tell wat's the movie about......but since u know by look at it...then tell me wat's pride n prejudice is all about? don't tell me if u already watched the movie...
    How about you look up a synopsis? Or even better, ever read the book?

Quote Originally Posted by pemberly
    i loved gone with the wind! such pretty setting, and wonderful story. i just wish scarlett appreciated rhett sooner.
    The ending would've been too...romantic and perfect...though, if Scarlett just ended up with Rhett. I think the fact that she later realized who Ashley was to her and who Rhett was to her goes to show how we miss opportunities in life. Vivien Leigh is also amazing, by the way - at least Liu Yifei has the taste to like excellent actresses, even if she isn't one herself
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

nope....i never saw any of them....so of course i don't know from the pix....
    Do you take the time to think and analyze sometime? Do you think that I saw all the movies from the posters? Of course not. I also never looked on the net what period drama or period piece was. I think and analyze the words and whatever other information I have. You have the word "period" that is very revealing and it has something to do with an era. Then if you look at the posters, you should notice the costumes. Those information is enough to have an idea what a period piece is. Not everything will be given on silver platter, sometime you have to think and try to figure it out on your own. This applies to everything in life. At work, there are things that I have to figure it out on my own and not rely on others to tell me what to do. Such is life.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

lol.....looking at poster don't really tell wat's the movie about......but since u know by look at it...then tell me wat's pride n prejudice is all about? don't tell me if u already watched the movie...

i dont know if your brain somehow stopped functioning or what....DO I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT PRIDE AND PREJUDICE IS ALL ABOUT TO ACTUALLY IDENTIFY WHAT GENRE IT IS?

excuse me, if im not wrong, youre having trouble knowing what the hell is periodic drama, and now i am telling you I dont have to know what the story is to identify what genre it's in. a couple of pictures of the actress/actors' costume is enough....

do i have to sit thru the boring Moment in Peking to know that it's a period series?nope...

obviously you need to sit thru a movie/series to actually classify which genre it belongs.....too bad for you....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-02-07 at 10:28 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

nope....i never saw any of them....so of course i don't know from the pix....
    well, let's not be too harsh on a 12 year old boy. 12 year old girls are smart enough to know what Pride and Prejudice is, but 12 year old boys? hm... i think it's almost forgiveable

Although really, i thought the cover made it EXTREMELY CLEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    well, let's not be too harsh on a 12 year old boy. 12 year old girls are smart enough to know what Pride and Prejudice is, but 12 year old boys? hm... i think it's almost forgiveable
    now youre making me feel bad...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0

Although really, i thought the cover made it EXTREMELY CLEAR.
    1) Maybe I'd be a little less harsh on SkyKing if he wasn't so mean to other people about being "lazy"....
    2) The cover WAS extremely clear.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Is SkyKing really only 12 yro? Damn people, pick on your own size.

im taking it that 0-0-0 is just being cynical...but even if he is 12-y-old he should be taught some manners...attacking ppl about google and yahoo and stuff....as much as i dont like ppl coming in asking about things that we can find easily right here in the forum, id rather go to a much lenient method, by directing them to it, not starting going all CAPS as if yelling at them to do this and that....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    im taking it that 0-0-0 is just being cynical...but even if he is 12-y-old he should be taught some manners...attacking ppl about google and yahoo and stuff....as much as i dont like ppl coming in asking about things that we can find easily right here in the forum, id rather go to a much lenient method, by directing them to it, not starting going all CAPS as if yelling at them to do this and that....
    I never really paid attention until now; I just browsed through some of SkyKing's posts and wow, he's possibly the meanest person in this forum. I don't know how many times he called people stupid, dumb and lazy. Very obnoxious.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    I never really paid attention until now; I just browsed through some of SkyKing's posts and wow, he's possibly the meanest person in this forum. I don't know how many times he called people stupid, dumb and lazy. Very obnoxious.

yes, he's like on frenzy of typing EVER HEARD OF GOOGLE.COM? YAHOO.COM? bla bla bla....even in Jay Chou's thread which i dug from the very last page of the Actor's forum, he's there to post that kind of attack to the thread initiator, that is after i dug it up! how obnoxious is that? the thread initiator started the thread like months ago (year 2006), she probably will never be online again, but there you go, another meaningless post from SkyKing....

cant wait till he gets online and defend himself...
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-03-07 at 04:05 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    cant wait till he gets online and defend himself...
    LOL........same. Hehehe......
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.