Thread: Did Kiu Fung's martial arts improve at all during DGSD?

Default Did Kiu Fung's martial arts improve at all during DGSD?

Unlike most other Jin Yong heroes, Kiu Fung first debuted when his martial arts had already reached maturity. By the time he first appears in DGSD, Kiu Fung is already one of wulin's top fighters.

DGSD was not a long story as far as the timeline of events was concerned. Unlike a number of other Jin Yong novels, which span twenty or thirty years, DGSD covered a period of about two years.

During the time between his first appearance in DGSD and his death, did Kiu Fung's martial arts improve any? He certainly didn't learn any new martial arts techniques during that time, but did he improve his existing ones (discounting the DGSD Ed. 3 revision of Hong Lung 28 Palms to Hong Lung 18 Palms, which he apparently never had the chance to benefit from in a fight)?

Yes he did improve noticeably from half a year ago, and it was stated in the novel.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did QF claim that although he wasn't capable of beating XYS(a clear cut win) from their initial encounters, he'll eventually beat him as XYS ages? And in the later stages XYS claims QF still hasn't achieved this fact? So does that mean XYS has increased relative to QF over the time? Or QF didn't advance himself that much? It's been such a long time since I had contact with DGSD, thanks in advance for clearing this up

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but did QF claim that although he wasn't capable of beating XYS(a clear cut win) from their initial encounters, he'll eventually beat him as XYS ages? And in the later stages XYS claims QF still hasn't achieved this fact?
    As far as I know, no such incidence took place in the book.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」