Thread: Did Huang Rong still had her...

Default Did Huang Rong still had her...

Just curious. In ROCH, did Huang Rong still wore her protective "shirt/vest"? Or in ROCH, she no longer needed it? If she still wears it, does it still have the poison that Yang Kang got when he attacked her from behind?

I don't think so. Didn't YG help heal or stablize her after her fight with GWM? and he had to help stablize her because she strained her energy (while she's pregnant) and shouldn't be fighting. If she was wearing her vest, I doubt YG would live.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 02-11-07 at 07:54 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I don't think so. Didn't YG help heal or stablize her after her fight with GWM and strained herself (when she's pregnant) and shouldn't be fighting. If she was wearing her vest, I doubt YG would live.
    I don't think she was wearing the vest on that particular occasion, but even if she had been, Yeung Gor should have been all right because I think you need to strike the armor hard enough before its spikes can injure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I don't think she was wearing the vest on that particular occasion, but even if she had been, Yeung Gor should have been all right because I think you need to strike the armor hard enough before its spikes can injure you.
    Oh? So theres evidence that she was still wearing it in ROCH? Were there any more Protective Vest victims in ROCH?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Just curious. In ROCH, did Huang Rong still wore her protective "shirt/vest"? Or in ROCH, she no longer needed it? If she still wears it, does it still have the poison that Yang Kang got when he attacked her from behind?
    Yes, Huang Rong did wear the Tao Hua shirt in ROCH until the story goes halfway when she saved Guo Fu from being chopped off the right arm and passed the Tao Hua shirt on to her daughter.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

In ROCH Ed. 1 and 2, Chow Bak Tung was the last person to have ever worn the soft armored vest. He had been injured by Mongol arrows during a reconaissance operation with Wong Yung and South Emperor 1 Deng into the Mongol base camp shortly before the final battle. Since he insisted on participating in the battle despite being injured, Wong Yung gave him the soft body armor for extra protection.

It turned out to be useful, as Chow Bak Tung used the vest to poison the Golden Wheel Monk with the same venom that had killed Yeung Hong decades earlier by wrapping the monk in a bear hug after the monk had been knocked off the tower by Yeung Gor.

I'm not sure if this is all still true in ROCH Ed. 3. I think that in Ed. 3, Yeung Gor just kills the Golden Wheel Monk outright (or maybe not, since the Golden Wheel Monk still had to save Gwok Seung from the burning tower in Ed. 3).

ZBT didn't poison Golden Whl with the vest. He bearhugged him, which stuck the hundreds of needles into the already severely wounded GW (by YG), making him unable to avoid the falling burning tower.

One would hope that someone would think to clean the vest, because someone could conceivably be accidentally poisoned if (s)he isn't careful. Imagine GJ giving HR a hug.
    This account is retired.

Heh, but HR has that 9 flower pill, which is supposed to be an antidote for Ouyang Feng's venom, wasn't it? Or was that a TVB assumption?