Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Bet 《迎妻接福》

Default Best Bet 《迎妻接福》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/655/betkx3.jpg')

English Title:
    Best Bet

Chinese Title:
    迎妻接福

Cast:
    Michael Tse
    Anne Heung
    Wayne Lai
    Linda Chung
    Kwok Fung
    Lee Fung
    Yvonne Lam
    Chan Hoi Yee
    Gordan Liu
    Pierre Ngo
    Oscar Leung
    Ai Wei
    Kiu Po Po
    Stephen Wong
    Louis Yuen
    Iris Wong
    Chan Tan Tan

Producer:
    Lee Tim Sing

Episodes

Airing Date
    February 12, 2007

Info:
    Michael Tse Will Play Gambler Yi
    Anne Heung Indicates That In The Serie, Her Gambling Problem Leaves Her Having To Collect Excrement To Make A Living
    Linda Chung Will Be Playing Michael's Wife
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-14-08 at 05:17 AM.

I'm up to episode 2 now.....

really hope that no spoilers here
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-13-07 at 03:35 AM.

Here's the synopsis...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.virtuesofharmony.net/blog/bet_character_00.jpg')

Love the wife enough,
    Wealth and fortune naturally comes!

Young master Hor Yi (Michael Tse Tin Wah) is the son of a prosperous Foshan pawn shop owner. Since childhood, if he doesn't gamble, he won't be happy. Furthermore, if he gambles, he must win. One time, he gambled for three days and three nights. As a result, he collapses due to exhaustion. Luckily, Do Lai Ying (Linda Chung Ka Yan) passes by and saves him.

Yi searches for Ying because he fell in love with her at first sight. She deeply detests gambling. However, things are unpredictable and by mistake, Ying later on becomes Yi's wife! After marriage, Yi is determined to give up gambling. Unfortunately, Yi can't let go of his addiction. Ying is very disappointed at Yi. Who could imagine that he still doesn't repent and even blames her for his losses!

Ying decides to leave Foshan for Hong Kong to study medicine. After repenting his past mistakes, will Yi be able to win back his wife's heart and receive her blessings?

Tons of pics, clips, and info about Best Bet available here.
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

the cask doesn;t seem that interesting proabably due to the fact that all the major people have been taken to act in the two major series but overall quite a good start just hope that it gets better and won;t end up just like anoyther typical series
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Thumbs up

This is quite a good series, not at all I expected. Linda Chung is great on this. definitely getting better in her acting. I was impressed with her in Heavenly In laws and now this one. Do try to watch this.
    Michael Tse's first leading role, I think, not bad at all. Made a sweet pair with Linda. With Wayne Lai in his usual good supporting role.

.... the plot sounds boring... ><"" I haven't started watching yet... but I will soon. Just need to finish a bunch of other ones... == kekeke..
    eeK. linda and michael.... err....... what's with that..... and linda's hairstyle. ewww... i don't think this mature role fits her. No offense to any fans.
    Currently Watching:律政新人王II (Survivor's Law II),
    同事三分親 (Best Selling Secrets)

Recently Watched: 女人唔易做(LFD), 布衣神相(FTF), 緣來自有機(TGGOH),學警出更(OTFB), 爸爸閉翳(FAS), 歲月風雲(TDOL), 舞動全城 (Steps), 通天幹探 (TUCF)

this is funny...

In episode 9...around 26min+ there's a background of this shop...where is says" Internet "

how can an pre-modern times like tat has Internet? this happens in Heavenly In Law as well....i'm trying to get a screenshot of it..but alwez nt success...nt sure how to do it..

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    this is funny...

In episode 9...around 26min+ there's a background of this shop...where is says" Internet "

how can an pre-modern times like tat has Internet? this happens in Heavenly In Law as well....i'm trying to get a screenshot of it..but alwez nt success...nt sure how to do it..
    You mean this?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/8127/bestbetdl0.jpg')

Credit to Paranoidandroid from Asianfanatics Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh
    You mean this?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/8127/bestbetdl0.jpg')

Credit to Paranoidandroid from Asianfanatics Forum.

yea...but diff episode i tink...coz the background...were a couples...and not michael tse there...heheh ~

though i've downloaded this, i still haven't started watching this. is this any good?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

lols! never noticed that the word internet was there...gosh...dont they check before they start filming? lols...
    Cherrie: personally i thought this series was bad...really bad...it has SOME good parts like here and there...like a few...but i despised linda in here...maybe im a bit biased because i never liked her much....but i agree with sweeto_gal....this role is much too mature for her....just doesnt fit her...she had a better role in Heavely in Laws....it was better than this one...
    Wild Obessesion With Raymond Lam<3

Thumbs up

Underrated series. I just finished it and liked it. Your usual TVB comedy neatly tied up in 20 episodes. It does the job well though, hilarious with memorable scenes and one liners.

Michael Tse and Wayne Lai are excellent in their roles. These 2 are seasoned pros who can really act compared to those good looking but dull actors.

Happy to see Linda Chung's acting has improved, esp in later emotional scenes. I was turned off by her in Forensic Heroes. She over-acted and practically shouted her lines when she played an enthusiastic forensic intern. But she is still too wooden here and probably not good in comedy. Thankfully, the responsibility for creating laughs was given to Michael and Wayne who are delightful.
    TV viewing is a craft.

It's alright, I guess. I've only started watching a few episodes and Linda still well, I didn't really want to even watch this series (I wanted to watch TBOL instead) but no, I had to watch to other Linda series in a role. And well her acting really doesn't change. As well as these really righteous type roles don't really fit her, but I guess it's better than the oh I'm so cute look at me ones. =/ And OMG SHEILA, THAT NAME. X_X But ahaha to the pun they made out of it. Since Sheila reminds me of a yobbo which remninds me of a bogon which reminds me of an Aussie =D

Wayne is totally awesome. And Chan Hoi Yee is back again, I really liked her before and I still do.

Chan Hoi Yee eh? Haha I remember liking her in To Love With No Regrets. She makes a cute pair with Bosco..they are like happy cute teenagers in there

Then I hate her in WOIL..gah..so annoying

But I heard many people are liking her again in this series..lol

The cast probably isn't a very all-star one, but give this series a chance.

Wayne Lai is amazing in here. You've got to give it to him - without him the show would be significantly duller. He's a natural comedian!

Michael Tse pulls off a great job as well, but probably could do even better.

Linda Chung has improved a lot in this show. I much prefer her acting here than in her previous roles. Surprisingly good chemistry with Michael Tse.

Anne Heung is, well, convincing as the conniving con-woman, but other wise, nothing special.

Plot-wise, this show isn't very complex. It's based on the simple moral of avoiding the vice of gambling. However, I sometimes found myself getting frustrated at the main character, Yee's (Michael Tse) tendency to turn back to gambling, even after he had made numerous sacrifices. Nonetheless, the humour in this show was enough to keep the plotline from getting too tired.

There haven't been any decent comedies lately, and 'Best Bet' is actually worth a try, if you just want to watch no frills comedy. If you're looking for Brink of Law type drama though, this isn't the show for you
    -velvet_ice-
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Default Best Bet ft. Michael Tse, Linda Chung, Wayne Lai, Anne Heung

Okay. I searched the forum and even asked in the Forum's help desk, and still theres no pre-existing thread for Best Bet. So here I am making a thread for Best Bet.

After watching The Brink of Law with all the deaths and betrayals, watching a comedy like Best Bet is quite refreshing.

Although I'm only at episode 5 of Best Bet, Michael Tse's role is really enjoyable to watch. Nice to see Michael Tse has moved up to play a main role in the series finally.

I don't know the actress who plays Michael's sister in this series but she reminds me alot of Annie Man.

Well so far I can say that Linda Chung isn't annoying yet. Anne Heung is finally in a role that's different from her other roles. Here she's not like a goddess who's all nice.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I watched this series a while back and personally I think it's not bad. Even though it is a comedy, but it kinda teaches you a moral lesson and not just some nonsense stuff....And the cast did a pretty fair job in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I don't know the actress who plays Michael's sister in this series but she reminds me alot of Annie Man.
    The actress name is Chan Hoi Yee (陳凱怡).

I do share the same tots dat she reminds one of Annie Man

Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

Okay, there must be something wrong with the forum's search engine because it didn't come up at all when I searched it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.