Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1007

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

  1. #181
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker
    Once again, I don't know what XYE & HWQ see in her...sigh...I give up!!!
    From what XYE likes in TXL, it was all the stuff that happened before she went with HWQ. When TXL was with HWQ, that was when she became all pathetic.

    XYE and TXL did went through times together at the beginning. She did not seem so pathetic as right now.

  2. #182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KChill
    Everything is copacetic, my brothers and sisters. Just wanted to make sure people knew that I hadn't ever read this before, or even seen the movie -- which I know some on these forums have. Should be an interesting finish.
    It is a shame then KChill that you will never watch an a series of JDSJ. Do enjoy the novel then. You will never ever find a good adaptation for this novel. If you watch the series, you will complain that is nowhere near faithful to the novel.

  3. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    862

    Default

    I finished watching the "Xiao Yu er yu Ha Wu Que" adaption a couple of days ago, and realized that there must be some hidden rule that says all GL TV adaptions have to be bathos. It's bewildering to see the multitude of changes inflicted on the story. I understand that certain elements are more suitable for the visual vs. literary experience... but when the plot is altered to the point that it's virtually unrecognizable except for the names of the characters...
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

    -KotOR

  4. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkcser
    I finished watching the "Xiao Yu er yu Ha Wu Que" adaption a couple of days ago, and realized that there must be some hidden rule that says all GL TV adaptions have to be bathos. It's bewildering to see the multitude of changes inflicted on the story. I understand that certain elements are more suitable for the visual vs. literary experience... but when the plot is altered to the point that it's virtually unrecognizable except for the names of the characters...
    As bad as most JDSJ adaptations are, you probably chose the worse adaptation possible to watch too for JDSJ novel. Wong Jing directed it for crying out loud. Simply terrible adaptation.

  5. #185
    atlantean0208
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King
    Oh I am quite sure you are wrong. Anyway there are only 5 Evils plotting against Yan Nan Tian. The thing is both Yan Nan Tian and Yao Yue has the ability to kill all the Evils in berseker mode. The only drawback with Yan Nan Tian is he is INCREDIBLY STUPID! He lost because he drank a sleeping potion, then he got his acupoint sealed. After that Du Qiao Qiao disguise as Yue Nu's corpse and took the opportunity to peform the deadly blow.

    Not to mention of how dumb of him to bring XYE and his parents to Er Ren Gu. My god, XYE almost became Li Da Zui's meal!!!!

    I believe Princess Yao Yue could easily kill all the 5 Evils in Er Ren Gu even if they are well aware of her arrival. She has no mercy at all and would not fall into their trap. And the reason she avoid confontration is because she needs someone to raise XYE since Yan Nan Tian became a vegetable. Furthermore she has no vengeance against the 10 Evils. Trust me. Princess Yao Yue isn't afraid of anything in this world! She has the opportunity to kill Yan Nan Tian and establish herself as the undisputed no.1 martial artist. However she choose not to because for her, Yan Nan Tian is indeed nothing or not worthy!!!

    There is no point having the most powerful martial arts if someone is so stupid! Just fool him, and he's gone. Thats one reason why I choose Princess Yao Yue as the better martial artist compare to Yan Nan Tian.

    Any Gu Long expert should comment on my statement
    Well, if its direct confrontation without any underhanded trick, I'm sure the 10 evils will be defeated, however if using trick, well I don't think Yao Yue is THAT GOOD. She is emotional, moody and unstable. I dunno how you make that conclusion about Yao Yue being that good even better than YNT, its all your speculation, GL never wrote her fighting in detail (well until now that is) especially against multiple super conman like the 10 evils. Look at what happen to her with only 1 XYE...she was messed up...

  6. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Actually I don't care about the drama series based on these novels. I've only watched two of them: Legend of Arching Hero and ROCH 2006. I actually was surprised at how close both were to the novels. However none of them can damper my enthusiam for reading the actual novels (in translation of course).

  7. #187
    Member Dendroid King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    Well, if its direct confrontation without any underhanded trick, I'm sure the 10 evils will be defeated, however if using trick, well I don't think Yao Yue is THAT GOOD. She is emotional, moody and unstable. I dunno how you make that conclusion about Yao Yue being that good even better than YNT, its all your speculation, GL never wrote her fighting in detail (well until now that is) especially against multiple super conman like the 10 evils. Look at what happen to her with only 1 XYE...she was messed up...
    Of coz its my speculation I prefer her martial arts.

    Actually I was just saying that when dealing with tricks, Princess Yao Yue will surely fare better than Yan Nan Tian. Her mind will be like.....anything she see in Er Ren Gu is to be killed and she won't bother to take her lunch/dinner at there unlike Yan Nan Tian. He is too silly to fall into their most simple deception.

    Actually there is also 1 HWQ for her to be mess up. After all if I am her, I would also be VERY ANGRY!!! But how I want to take my revenge, hmmmmmmm...But still she shouldn't kill the babies..Maybe just the parents since they violated the rule of the Palace.

  8. #188
    Member Morin'stal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alasea, in the city of A'loa Glen
    Posts
    69

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by KChill
    Actually I don't care about the drama series based on these novels. I've only watched two of them: Legend of Arching Hero and ROCH 2006. I actually was surprised at how close both were to the novels. However none of them can damper my enthusiam for reading the actual novels (in translation of course).
    Oh, you couldn't have picked worse, the actors in those were horrible! They simply couldn't act, plus; the director is sooo stupid, he, like, ruined all of Jin Yong's stories (except for 碧血剑, which actually was pretty good, I'd have to admit, he is getting better).
    Anyway, T.V. adaptions are messed up, you get all main idea, but no good details. you should only watch them after you read the novel. As for Wong Jing's version of JDSJ... I don't see how anyone can like it. All the girls like HWQ, he gets somebody pregnat and everyone ends up dead.
    I hope this wasn't particularily offensive to anybody, it's only my opinion.

    It seems to me like YNT has more internal energy and better understanding of martial arts than YY, but is brash and hot-tempered. Whereas YY has better lightness kungfu than YNT and is cool and controlled (except with XYE). So although YNT is better at kungfu, it's YY who has the advantage. (this is only if they are going 1 on 1 without anyone's-mainly XYE's- influence.)
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

  9. #189
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    182

    Default

    It is kinda hard to said who is better. Obviously, YY seems to better proctected if she just kill off anyone that she does not like and YNT as a hero cannot do that. How can she face any danger like YNT who have to analyzed in detail before killing anyone to make sure no innoccence people will get killed? Thats why it is very hard to be a true hero. I believe if YNT just kill off anyone like YY, he will not get harm by the ten evil also.

  10. #190
    Senior Member Jean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    to continue.....

    *************************************************

    Chap 102

    Tie Xin Lan was coincidentally standing between Hua Wu Que and Xiao Yu’er again. She dare not even lift her head, her expression is so sad, so piteous.

    Hua Wu Que’s eyes were filled with dilemma and pain as well. He lifted his head, as if he wanted to say something, but did not utter even a single word and just continued walking quickly with his head lowered.

    Who would have expected that Xiao Yu’er would suddenly pounce in front of him and say with a smile, “Thank you.”

    Hua Wu Que was silent for a moment before forcing out a smile, “There’s nothing you need to thank me about.”

    Xiao Yu’er sighed and said, “Now that three months has past, I know that you no longer treat me as your friend, but you still helped me kept some secrets. Naturally I should thank you.”

    Hua Wu Que was silent for a long moment again. Every word he spoke, seemed to be filled with difficulty and after a moment, he said slowly, “You need not thank me, it’s just that I’ve never been a talkative person.”

    Xiao Yu’er replied, “But you should be telling your Teacher this, and you did not say a single word. Naturally this is because of me, only friends will keep secrets for one another, enemies…”

    The muscles on Hua Wu Que’s face twitched and he said fiercely, “But I am not such a conniving person!” As soon as he spoke this sentence, he has dashed past Xiao Yu’er and went in.

    Xiao Yu’er sighed again and mumbled, “Precisely because you’re too much a gentleman, that’s why you don’t have the courage to rebel. Why can’t you learn to be like me, and become a traitor as well…”

    Tie Xin Lan suddenly covered her face and dashed away.

    Su Ying immediately called out to her loudly but she ignored her. There is only one thought in her mind, and that is to go far away from this place, far away from these people.

    Xiao Yu’er smiled, “If a person is determined to leave, no one would be able to stop him.”

    Although he is smiling, but no one would expect that Xiao Yu’er’s smile can actually be so miserable as well.

    Su Ying said, “But you will certainly be able to stop her.”

    Xiao Yu’er suddenly jumped up and shouted, “What do you want me to do? Do you want me to chain her down? Or do I have to go down on my knees, hold her legs and cry miserably!”

    Su Ying looked at him dully, her gaze slowly blurring, the corner of her eyes slowly gathered two drops of crystal clear tears, which flowed down her pale face, landing on her clothes.

    Xiao Yu’er turned his head around, not looking at her and said icily, “You should be happy that she’s gone, what are you crying about?”

    Su Ying said through her tears, “Now I wish that I can be like her as well, and go far, far away, never to see you become angry because of her, be sad and troubled because of her.”

    Xiao Yu’er laughed loudly, “I’m sad? I’m troubled? Why should I be troubled?”

    Su Ying replied, “Because this time she’s leaving you, and not you’re leaving her.”

    Such a simple sentence, but it involves the deepest and most complicated reasoning and just like a needle, pierced directly through Xiao Yu’er’s heart.

    Xiao Yu’er jumped up again and said, “Since that is the case, why didn’t you leave?”

    Su Ying can only use her tears in place of an answer.

    Xiao Yu’er suddenly hugged her, his lips pressing down hard on her lips. He hugged her so tightly, as if he wants to crush her into pieces.

    ************************************************** ********

  11. #191
    Senior Member babiadorkable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    321

    Default

    im glad you're back i simply adore XYE and SY. wonder who the person is if it's not YNT
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

  12. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    712

    Default

    I think if I had a girlfriend like Su Ying, I would become a priest...

  13. #193
    Senior Member eliza bennet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Oh my God! XYE is really something!!

    Are you kidding? Huang Rong is a classy woman? Since when. I hope you are referring to the Huang Rong in ROCH. Huang Rong being a classy woman in LOCH, somehow that is just nonsense.
    I think she is very classy in LOCH, she proved her class in a lot of occasions. She helped her man without being intrusive. She doesn't use her femininity to escape from tricky situations. And she handles someone like Ouyang Ke really well doing everything she can to defend her and her master's honour. She also helped to the ones in need and not by suggesting them to use their beauty to achieve things. I don't see how she can be considered as not classy.
    Again having said all the praises to her, she is not my favorite character since she was so cruel and judgemental to Yang Guo and her behaviour towards him was only based on prejudices she has for his father. I thought that was not classy at all.

  14. #194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Oh my God! XYE is really something!!



    I think she is very classy in LOCH, she proved her class in a lot of occasions. She helped her man without being intrusive. She doesn't use her femininity to escape from tricky situations. And she handles someone like Ouyang Ke really well doing everything she can to defend her and her master's honour. She also helped to the ones in need and not by suggesting them to use their beauty to achieve things. I don't see how she can be considered as not classy.
    Again having said all the praises to her, she is not my favorite character since she was so cruel and judgemental to Yang Guo and her behaviour towards him was only based on prejudices she has for his father. I thought that was not classy at all.
    Haha, and I am a fan of Huang Rong. The way she tried to kill Au Yeung Hak with a big rock, albeit he deserves it. The way she suggested everyone to gang up on the crazed Au Yeung Feng at the second Mt Hua tournament. Hung 7 Gong said, "on Mt Hua, there is no ganging up on anyone." The way most everyone practically hates her guts. I would not really call that classy.

  15. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I'd love to have a girl like Su Ying. She's perfect.

    Tie Xin Lan reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. Always crying, because of me, because of some other guy she liked, because she couldn't make up her mind, afraid of hurting me/the other guy, etc.

    Curious that I only just noticed the similarity.

  16. #196
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Haha, and I am a fan of Huang Rong. The way she tried to kill Au Yeung Hak with a big rock, albeit he deserves it. The way she suggested everyone to gang up on the crazed Au Yeung Feng at the second Mt Hua tournament. Hung 7 Gong said, "on Mt Hua, there is no ganging up on anyone." The way most everyone practically hates her guts. I would not really call that classy.
    Or how she almost took a knife to Mu Nianci when she thought she would be competing with Mu Nianci for Guo Jing. Or how about when she cut the...ears, I think? Maybe nose, off that fat person who hadn't done anything wrong to them, then stole the carriage?

    No, Huang Rong fully deserves the title of a 'xiao yao nv' in LOCH. Classy? No way.

  17. #197
    Senior Member ChronoReverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,858

    Default

    She was judgemental to YG, but cruel? Hardly. She gave him a good education and tried to bring him up with good values.

    So she didn't teach him martial arts. If that's being cruel, there's an awful lot of cruel parents.

  18. #198
    Senior Member Jean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    to continue....

    ************************************************** ********

    Su Ying seemed to have totally buckled, but suddenly, she used all her strength to hammer on his chest, calling out, “Let me go, let me go.”

    Xiao Yu’er asked, “You… don’t you like…”

    He suddenly released his hold, and covered his mouth with his hands, his lips seem to be bleeding and his expression changed, which seemed to be anger, or confusion. Su Ying had already retreated to the corner of the wall, panting hard.

    Xiao Yu’er finally heaved a long sigh and said with a bitter smile, “Only now did I realize that I’ve made a mistake.”

    Tears flowed down Su Ying’s eyes again, and she said, “You’re not mistaken, and it’s not that I do not wish you to… to hug me, but I really do not want you to hug of me, and yet think of someone else.”

    Xiao Yu’er was silent for a moment, and just as he lifted his head, his words still unspoken, he realized that Princess Lian Xing was already standing at the end of the passage way and looking at them frostily.

    In the middle of this place, there’s a very, very huge stone chair, carved from a whole piece of rock. Although it’s a stone, but it’s clearer than jade, not a flaw or discoloring to be seen. The chilling air in the cave can penetrate into a person’s body, but if one sits on this stone chair, he will immediately feel as warm as spring.

    A stone chair like this, is unlikely that there will be another one in the world, but now this stone chair has been cut into two by a sword!

    Princess Yao Yue and Hua Wu Que is in front of this stone chair, staring at the place where the stone chair was cut, the expression on their faces extremely serious.

    Princess Yao Yue did not speak, and after a while, she suddenly took out a dark green short sword from within her spacious white robe.

    The sword was seventeen inches long, and on a glance it did not look very polished, but on another look, one will feel that it carries a forceful, dense air that makes one find difficulty even in opening the eyes.

    Princess Yao Yue seems to treasure this short sword very much, using her finger tips to gently hold the sword. She hesitated for a long moment before handing the sword to Hua Wu Que and said, “Use 90% of your strength and strike once on this stone chair.”

    Hua Wu Que replied, “Yes.”

    He received the sword with both hands, and realized that for a sword this short, it’s heavy weight is beyond his expectations, and once his fingers touched the body of the sword, he felt a wave of cold air penetrating right into his heart.

    Hua Wu Que dare not ask further, and with his right hand holding the sword and his left foot taking a step forward, and using a common stoke, the light from the sword cutting towards the stone chair like lightning.

    He has gathered almost all his energy into his wrist. Even if this sword is not a sharp weapon made to cut gold or jade, but just a bamboo sword, this strike would still be enough to smash the stone to smithereens!

    There was a ‘clang’, and sparks flew. This sword only managed to cut about one foot into the stone chair and it got stuck in the stone.

    Hua Wu Que’s hand held onto the handle of the sword, stunned for a moment, cold sweat breaking out on his forehead.

    The person who split this stone chair, even if he was using a similar precious and sharp sword, his internal energy would be more than ten times higher than his!

    That there would actually be such a highly skilled person in the world, is simply unimaginable.

    ************************************************** ****

  19. #199
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    182

    Default

    I think this is obviously is YNT. There is way too much similarity of this person with YNT. With such powerful sword art, I only think that YNT can have such power.

  20. #200
    Member Dendroid King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ken2004
    I think this is obviously is YNT. There is way too much similarity of this person with YNT. With such powerful sword art, I only think that YNT can have such power.
    Or it could be Wei Wu Ya himself.....

Similar Threads

  1. Which Legendary Siblings TV series is the best?
    By thegreekie in forum Global Series Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-05-20, 09:40 AM
  2. THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long
    By Athena in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 1256
    Last Post: 06-09-15, 01:16 AM
  3. Legendary Siblings vs. Legendary Siblings II?
    By myko85 in forum Taiwanese TV Series
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-05-08, 06:05 AM
  4. Need HELP with GL's Legendary Siblings translation
    By Dendroid King in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-12-07, 06:36 PM
  5. THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 2
    By Jean in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 969
    Last Post: 02-15-07, 03:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •