Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

new chapter~~

Chap 113

Once the silver were taken away, the people in the gambling den dispersed as well. Xuanyuan San Guang looked at the brightening sky, stretched his back and mumbled, “Old Man Ge, damn that I really have to wait until darkness is gone, the people are gone and the money is gone, anyway until everything is gone before I can sleep.” He suddenly realized that not everyone in the gambling den has left, there are still four people there, two lying on the floor, as if asleep.

The other two are looking at him and grinning.

Xuanyuan San Guang stared and said, “Why are you two son of turtles not gone yet, you still want to bet with me?” The taller of the two interrupted, “There’s only one and a half son of turtles here, and half is the daughter of turtles.”

Xuanyuan San Guang’s eyes became even larger, and stared at the shorter person. Du Jiao Jiao giggled, “There’s only one son of turtles here, I am your great grandmother.”

She did not know that Xuanyuan San Guang had recognized her, and did not expect that without waiting for her to finish her words, Xuanyuan San Guang had ran out the door like a cat whose tail has been stepped on.

By the time Du Jiao Jiao gave chase, Xuanyuan San Guang had disappeared, but those people on the street were all turning their heads and looking towards the left.

Obviously Xuanyuan San Guang had escaped towards the left.

Du Jiao Jiao smiled, “Don’t worry, that compulsive gambler’s Lightness Skill has never been very good, we’ll certainly be able to catch up.”

She had just finished her words when Xuanyuan San Guang suddenly retreated from the street on the left side, and his retreat is even much faster than when he was escaping.

Once he retreated to this street, he turned around and ran back towards this side, his face filled with panic and dashed back into the gambling den. Naturally Du Jiao Jiao followed him back in.

Bai Kai Xin laughed, “What are you doing? Have you seen a ghost?”

Xuanyuan San Guang placed his eyes at the gap in the door and peeked outside, mumbling, “Really met a big headed ghost.”

He looked even more nervous, his face turning a little pale. Du Jiao Jiao and Bai Kai Xin exchanged looks and can’t help but looked out through the door gap as well, and really saw two men walking out from the street on the left.

The person walking in front was very tall with broad shoulders, but as think as a stick, and wearing a short blue robe, looking exactly like a giant made of paper. Once the wind blows, he will be blown up the roof. Not only does he look weird, his face is very strange as well, because although his face is full of wrinkles, but there’s no beard on him at all, or even eyebrows.

His eyes are so thin it has sunken in, so it looked especially large. His face may be sallow and thin, like a sick man, but once matched with that pair of eyes, he looked powerful, not someone to be trifled with.

Bai Kai Xin said, “This lad looks really weird. I’ve actually never seen or heard that there’s such a strange person in the martial arts realm, apparently I have been too lazy for the past few years.”

Du Jiao Jiao can’t help but furrow her brows and asked, “Compulsive Gambler, do you recognize this person?”

Xuanyuan San Guang replied, “No.” His eyes were staring at the person behind this strange man.

The man walking behind the strange man, does not look strange at all, but looked very handsome instead. He is past middle age, but his face is very well maintained. The colors he wore were very well coordinated, very distinguished, it’s just that he is trying his best to fake a smile, but he still looked dejected and worried.

This person is surprisingly Jiang Bie He.

Du Jiao Jiao was even more surprised, and furrowed her brows, “Why isn’t Jiang Bie He following Wei Wu Ya? But came with this weird guy instead?”

At this point in time, a horse suddenly rushed out from the street corner on the right. The horse is red in color, like a ball of fire, flying into this street, and looked almost like it’s going to knock down a noodle stall at the side of the street. But the horse rider’s skill is not too bad, and right in the critical instant, stopped the horse, and not even a single bowl was broken.

Thanks Jean,

You really kno when to put a break in the translation.. hehe.. real suspense! =DD

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

isn't the tall guy yan nantian. howcome the evils do not recogonise him, didn't they check up on him in the valley, or has he changed a lot since his recovery? the red horse must be the fairy girl right. have not read the novel but i'm assuming it to be.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Finally YNT! I guess soon will start the action!

What action? This is one of Gu Long's works, remember? Fights never last more than 2 sentences.

gosh, things are just escalating so fast. old troubles have not been solved, yet more troubles are brewing. so many questions, so little answers. i think gu long enjoys confusing the readers.

black spider's little romance sounds nice. i'm a sucker for romantic moments... hehe. i hope he ends up with miss jiu and no more heartaches for them. wonder if she will ever fully recover and regain her memory.

thanks to jean for taking out the time to entertain us!
    Last edited by tweety365; 05-30-07 at 04:09 PM.

this is getting interesting

Thank you so much Jean!

I'm so happy for Black Spider and Miss Murong

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet View Post
    Thank you so much Jean!

I'm so happy for Black Spider and Miss Murong
    Me too, finally something good happened. I hope she will recover under Black Spider's loving care.

The rider of the horse must be Red Fairy judging by the colour of the horse.

to continue....

Only now did everyone manage to take a proper look at this rider, who like the horse, was clad in red, the hand holding on a fiery red horsewhip. As the noble horse was quietly panting, she has come down from the saddle. And so everyone realized that her looks is even more outstanding that her horse riding skills, her mischievous and lively large eyes were so beautiful that it takes one’s breath away.

Everyone’s eyes were looking at her, but she treated those people as if they were dead, not taking even a single look at them, but just stamped her foot and called out, “Hey, come quickly, is yours a three-legged horse?” At this time another horse came running from the end of the street, and the person on the horse replied, “It’s not me who is slow, it’s you who riding too fast.” As he spoke, this person came down the horse as well, his moves agile, and he is a refined, gentle young man, the material his clothes were made of very expensive as well.

The young girl in red pouted and stared, “Who dares to say that I ride too fast, have I ever knocked anyone down?” That young man realized that many were looking at her, and he seemed to be blushing as he stammered, “You… you’re not fast. It’s… it’s me who is too slow.”

Only now did the young girl in red smile, “Now that’s a good boy, Big Sister here will treat you to supper.”

The youth’s face blushed even redder, and dare not even lift his head up. Everyone felt that this young man is too gentle, too shy, like a big girl, but this girl is too difficult, too fiery, that makes one difficult to swallow.

Even that weird man took notice of this young couple, and only Jiang Bie He, on seeing these two, immediately lowered his head. Because only Jiang Bie He knows who these two are. The young girl in red is Little Fairy Zhang Qing; this very gentle, very shy young man, naturally is the young master of the Godly Fist family, Gu Ren Yu.

Little Fairy beamed and said, “Today can be considered Miss Jiu’s good day, I’m very happy as well, so I must have a good meal, and a few good drinks.” Gu Ren Yu can’t help but sigh quietly.

Little Fairy stared at him immediately and asked, “Why are you sighing? Now that Miss Jiu has someone else, are you feeling very bad?”

Gu Ren Yu hurriedly smiled and replied, “Why would I feel bad, I… I…” Not only was his face red, his neck reddened as well.

Little Fairy guffawed and said, “It’s best that you don’t feel bad. Look, they actually have steamed meat, and pearl meatballs here, I have not eaten such snacks for a few years, because besides Hu Bei, those made by other places are all not as nice.” She chattered, talked and laughed, and just as she dragged Gu Ren Yu to the stall and sat down, she suddenly stood up again, and staring at Jiang Bie He standing on the opposite side, said, “Look, who is that?”

Gu Ren Yu followed her gaze and looked over, the expression on his face changed as well and asked quietly, “Why is he here as well.”

Little Fairy laughed icily, “That’s right, the awe inspiring Hero of Jiang Nan, why would he hide at a small town like this, or could he be ashamed to see others. No wonder those in the martial arts realm says that Hero Jiang has disappeared.”

The volume of voice, even the deaf would have heard her, and there are some on the streets who knows about the Hero of Jiang Nan, and can’t help but turn and look at Jiang Bie He. Only Jiang Bie He seemed not to have heard anything, and walked ahead with his head lowered, as if he was wishing that he could walk to the end of the street with just one step.

But Little Fairy walked to his front with just one step, and said with an icy smile, “Jiang Bie He, Hero Jiang, why aren’t you talking? Weren’t you very good in talking in the past? And I still remember how remarkable you were.”

Not only did Jiang Bie He not reply, he did not even lift his head.

Little Fairy said fiercely, “Jiang Bie He, you need not pretend, there’s no use in pretending, there’s a lot of people looking for you to settle some old scores, so you better come with me.”

Jiang Bie He stood there, not even moving, without a single expression on his face. The mighty Hero Jiang, is now like a dead man. The weird guy standing next to him suddenly exclaimed, “He cannot leave with you!” This person’s voice is deep and hoarse, as if he has torn his voice box, and the sound he emitted were squeezed out word by word from the tears in the voice box.

btw guys, I'll be starting a new job next week, so depending on how busy the new work is gonna be, the updates may not be as regular. I'll still try to post regularly, after all, we're almost at the last 10 chapters.

Thumbs up

Take your time Jean. It is best to be getting something than nothing.

And by the way good luck for your new job.

Yeah, No rush Jean,
    We're just so thankful that you can translate at all.
    thanks so much!

will miss ur daily updates...
    but all good things come to an end.
    New jobs sounds interesting, im sure if you show the same dedication, skill and talent that you have for your trnaslation you will be CEO of your company in no time.

to continue......

Little Fairy suddenly saw this person, and heard his voice, and can’t help but blurt out in surprise, “Why can’t he leave with me?”

The weird guy replied, “Because he has to come with me.”

Little Fairy exclaimed angrily, “Leave with you, who do you think you are!” As she shouted, the whip in her hand flew out as well. This whip, once in her hands, seems to have become a living, poisonous snake, or a moving flame, curling towards that weird man’s face.

But that weird man’s reaction was a little retarded, as if he did not know that it’ll be painful if the whip is lashed at his face, and just stared at the whip in a daze.

Just as this whip was about to leave a blood stain on his face, who would have expected that once the end of the whip was in his hand, the long whip suddenly broke into ten over pieces, each piece dropping to the floor. Little Fairy stood unsteadily and retreated a few steps, finally falling into Gu Ren Yu’s arms.

Others only saw the whip break, Little Fairy fall, and as to how did that weird man strike, how was his strength executed, no one saw.

Even Little Fairy can’t figure out what happened, she only felt a strange power traveling through the long whip and her body immediately felt as if it’s been stuck by lightning. If it was someone else, to have suddenly experienced such frightening martial arts, would either be half scared to death, or would never dare to strike again. Ever since Little Fairy roamed the realm, she has never taken such a beating.

On seeing this weird person’s martial arts, Gu Ren Yu had wanted to quietly persuade her to bear with it, but who would have expected that she would jump up, and drew out two short swords.

The reflection from the swords shone like lightning, and right at that instant, Little Fairy had struck seven times at that weird man, every attack aiming to cut through him.

The weird man lightly scolded, and without even taking a good look at how he moved, Little Fairy’s two swords suddenly flew out from her hands! Like two green rays of sparks, it flickered in the darkened sky before disappearing to who knows where.

Taking another look at Little Fairy, she has fallen into Gu Ren Yu’s arms again, but no matter how much strength she used this time, she can forget about standing back up again.

The weird man asked solemnly, “Whose disciple are you? How dare you strike so heavily without any reason? Are the juniors in the martial arts realm becoming more and more ignorant about the rules?”

Little Fairy scolded, “You are the junior! You don’t know the rules, do you know…” Her voice suddenly stopped, because Gu Ren Yu can’t take it anymore and covered her mouth.

Little Fairy used all the remaining strength in her body and elbowed him in the stomach. Although Gu Ren Yu released his hold in pain, but her body slid down to the floor as well and she actually sat on the floor. She might as well remain on the floor and pointing her finger at Gu Ren Yu’s nose, she said, “I have been bullied thus, and not only are you not helping me, but you’re refusing to let me speak, what kind of a man are you! No wonder others are calling you Sister Gu.”

Gu Ren Yu’s face blushed red and he stammered, “I… I… I really…”

“I really was mistaken about you. I had thought that you were a man, who would have expected that you’re… you’re softer than tofu, you really sadden me.” As she finished her sentence, tears were already flowing down her face.

Gu Ren Yu suddenly gritted his teeth and took a large step towards that weird man and shouted, “Your martial arts is indeed marvelous, but I would still like to exchange some pointers with you.” The weird man had a solemn look, but did not speak.

Gu Ren Yu exclaimed, “Take note, I am going to strike!” He may be a little wishy-washy as a person, but when he fought he’s actually quite swift, and also stable, vicious, accurate and fast.

The punch landed right on the weird man’s body, but strangely, that weird man did not try to avoid this punch at all.

Last edited by Jean; 06-27-07 at 05:52 AM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

click to show/hide spoilers
    the little fairy did not know, she just tried to beat her old man. well, we know that the identity of the little fairy's father is unknown but her mother was a famous heroine who was in love with yan nantian, so it's probable their father and daughter.

it looks like gu ren yu and Little Fairy Zhang Qing have become some sort of a couple. not suprising since they have been traveeling around for about two years looking for murong jiu together, and murong jiu has her own man now.
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 06-04-07 at 05:45 AM.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    to continue......

The weird man asked solemnly, “Whose disciple are you? How dare you strike so heavily without any reason? Are the juniors in the martial arts realm becoming more and more ignorant about the rules?”

Little Fairy scolded, “You are the junior! You don’t know the rules, do you know…” Her voice suddenly stopped, because Gu Ren Yu can’t take it anymore and covered her mouth.

That little Fairy really does kill too easily.. Her character does not make sense.. (well to me anyway).. usually people who kill for no reason are evil in their heart or are completely insane and devoid of the meaning of life. but she seems mature and still kills for no reason..

i just dont like here.. even Murong Jiu's character was developing a bit..(before she went insane)..

EDIT: Thanks for the Translation Jean =D

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    the little fairy did not know, she just tried to beat her old man. well, we know that the identity of the little fairy's father is unknown but her mother was a famous heroine who was in love with yan nantian, so it's probable their father and daughter. but it looks like gu ren yu and Little Fairy Zhang Qing have become some sort of a couple. not suprising since they have been traveeling around for about two years looking for murong jiu together, and murong jiu has her own man now.
    Kyss,

The claims that you made about the little fairy- as far as i can recall, it has never been stated in the translations thus far.

If it is a spoiler, then use the spoiler function.

Thanks,
    Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Jean, congratulations on your new job! And of course we are happy with whenever you are willing to post

Things are getting really heated and a sweet suprise to come across an actual fight scene!
    Last edited by eliza bennet; 06-05-07 at 10:27 AM.

Ditto, Jean. You have been holding it down for months now, like very few translators care to do anymore -- so good luck with your new gig and we'll still be waiting and eager whenever you have the time to do more.

thanks Jean - you are the best and congrats on the new job!

i feel that Little Fairy is Gu Long's equiv of Gok Fu in ROCH - bad temper, chopping/killing people, riding the red horse