Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

She doesn't have "a mean streak". She's completely insane. Its ridiculous, actually.

New chapter~~

Chap 98

“I did not expect Xiao Yu’er to be so great, that even after his death, the Floral Princess will feel sad for him.”

The laughter seemed to be coming from all directions, that even Princess Yao Yue cannot figure out where the person is.

But her expression immediately calmed instead, and she said with a low voice, “Who is it that dares to utter such nonsense here?”

That person still continued laughing loudly, “Can’t you recognize my voice now? Have you forgotten, when I was shitting, you were still smelling my smelly gas at the door!”

Princess Yao Yue’s body shook, and said “You are Xiao Yu’er? You’re not dead? Where are you?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “I’m right in front of you, can’t you see me?”

Princess Yao Yue turned her gaze and asked, “Are you in the belly of these mountains?”

Xiao Yu’er said, “I can’t come out, that’s why I can only wait here for you to rescue me. I concluded that you will certainly save me, right?”

Princess Yao Yue took two deep breaths before replying, “That’s right, I will certainly save you.”

Xiao Yu’er added, “But if you do not let Tie Ping Gu go immediately, I’d rather die here.”

Princess Yao Yue was stunned, and fumed, “How dare you?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Why wouldn’t I dare? If I feel like living now, I’ll live and if I feel like dying now, I’ll die. No matter how capable the Floral Princess is, there’s nothing you can do to me, right?”

Princess Yao Yue was so furious that she started shaking.

Xiao Yu’er added, “Now that the time has almost come for my appointment with Hua Wu Que, you won’t want me to die just like that, right?”

Princess Yao Yue stamped her feet and said, “All right, I’ll let her go without harming a hair of hers.”

Xiao Yu’er continued, “After I’m dead, there’s nothing I can do if you kill her then, but when I’m still alive, I can only be assured when I see her living comfortably.”

Princess Yao Yue fumed, “What do you want exactly?”

Xiao Yu’er said, “This hole may be deep, but it’s all water below. No matter who jumps down, he will never fall to his death.”

Before he could finish his words, Princess Yao Yue had already lifted Tie Ping Gu and threw her out.

With a casual throw, she actually threw Tie Ping Gu more then a hundred feet away, and right into the hole as well, and making it look easier than a kid throwing a ball.

After a moment, a ‘splash’ was heard.

Xiao Yu’er again laughed loudly, “Excellent, excellent. I did not expect the respected Floral Princess would actually be so dumb. Now that you have given her to me, I need not listen to you anymore, right?”

Princess Yao Yue was shocked and furious, so angry that she is at a loss for words.

Xiao Yu’er continued, “Hua Wu Que is not here as well, so what is the use even if I come out? You get angry once you see me, and I get uncomfortable seeing you as well, I might as well stay here and not see each other.”

Princess Yao Yue replied, “But the three month deadline is here.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “That’s right, the time is here, so you should find Hua Wu Que quickly, I’ll wait for you here.”

Princess Yao Yue asked, “You’ll wait here?”

Xiao Yu’er said, “This hole is like a large wine tank, even if you were to drop down, you can forget about escaping. So what is there for you to worry?”

He added with a loud laugh, “Besides, there’s nothing you can do even if you’re worried. Now I am the one making decisions, if I do not wish to go out, even ten Floral Princesses can’t ask me out.”

There is really nothing the Floral Princess can say to rebut, so after a moment, she said “Isn’t Hua Wu Que here as well?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “That’s right, he is here. It’s just that there’s a lot of rat holes in this mountain, and you may not necessarily find him so soon. If you take too long to find him, I’m afraid I would have starved to death, so you better find me some food. You should know my taste, right?”

Princess Yao Yue replied, “That’s right, I do know.”

She was so furious that even her voice has changed. Suddenly she struck out with her palm and with a crack, that enormous tree was broken in half.

Last edited by Jean; 03-25-07 at 08:13 PM.

Its really funny when both Princess Yao Yue and Xiao Yu Er are at conversation. But if I am Princess Yao Yue, I will just kill both the twins and there will be no hassle. Then once I find Yan Nan Tian and Wei Wu Ya, I will kill them too.

End of revenge

The mind of a crazed woman is difficult to understand. If Princess YY killed everyone, then there will be no story left to tell

It's kinda sad that the all powerful YY is at a disadvantage when dealing with XYE. I *almost* feel sorry for her...

what can i say, OMFG!!!! ROFL LMAO

XYE is so funny, I also liked how he saved TPG - yay for nice guys!

Nice people suck in wuxia.....I'm on the side of the 2 princesses now..

I love these conversations but I wish that XYE didn't save TPG, now SY will feel abliged to kill her to get rid of competition (not that TPG is much).
    Happy day after New Year!
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

I don't understand why so many people hate Tie Ping Gu. I feel sorry for her. It's not like she intended to help Jiang Yu Lang kill that other guy whom we thought was Yan Nan Tian. And her sticking width Jiang Yu Lang is only because she's as dumb as a door and has been abused by him. I wish she'd end up with Hua Wu Que.

The problem with this novel is that there are way a lot of attractive girls and not nice guys for them all.

In the spirit of Happily Ever After stories, here's the pairing I'd like to see at the ending:
    Xiao Yu would take Tie Xin Lan and Su Ying.
    Hua Wu Que would end up with Tie Ping Gu.
    Jiang Yu Lang would die a horrible death. Same for his father.

Can't decide on who to pair Murong Jiumei and Zhang Qing with. I'd like it if they were to end up as Xiao Yu's girls, but two is already too many. And I just don't see Su Ying getting along with other girls. Black Spider is a nice guy, but they're too cool for him.

Gu Long sure knows how to create attractive female characters.

Tie Ping Gu is easily manipulated and can't stand up for her beliefs. Her very existance causes tragedies since fundamentally good people do not want to hurt her yet her actions are evil.

She's even more despicable than JYL, since he is independent and actually does things according to his own beliefs. I only wish Tie Ping Gu dies in a horrible way before the end of the novel to show that there is justice in the world and spineless losers ends up badly.

To continue....

The water in the belly of the mountain rose even higher, and the area of the rock that was still above water is no bigger than a large round table. Xiao Yu’er, Herbalist Hu, Su Ying and Tie Ping Gu can only squeeze together on the rock.

The tree outside had been broken by Princess Yao Yue, and the happier Xiao Yu’er smiled. Besides him, everyone else was dejected, unable to smile at all.

Tie Ping Gu stole a glance at Xiao Yu’er and stammered to Su Ying, “I… I said I treated him… treated him well, that was to antagonize the Floral Princess, actually I…”

Su Ying laughed loudly, “You need not explain, I am not a jealous pot. Besides, you’re not the only one who treats Xiao Yu’er well, it doesn’t matter even if you treat him nicely.”

Although she said it ‘doesn’t matter’, but anyone would be able to smell the jealously in her words. Xiao Yu’er blinked, and laughed as well, “You treat me well, but I wasn’t bad in treating you either. If not for you, I would be able to find out more secrets about the Floral Princess.”

Tie Ping Gu blushed so hard that she dare not even lift up her head.

Su Ying can’t help but interrupt, “What secrets does the Floral Princess has?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “I want to know what enmity she has exactly with my family, since she hates anyone surnamed Jiang to the core, but why won’t she strike herself, and why did she dress up as the ghastly ‘Mr Copper’ and force Hua Wu Que to kill me. Not only did she lie to me, but she’s behaving suspiciously towards her own disciple as well. At this point in time, I’m afraid Hua Wu Que is still unaware that Mr Copper is actually his Teacher.”

Su Ying thought for a while and said with a bitter smile, “This thing is indeed strange, there’s absolutely no logic to it as well.”

Xiao Yu’er sighed again, “The logic behind all these, may only be known to the two sisters themselves, but as long as I am alive, they will never reveal it.”

Su Ying smiled, “Maybe you wanted the Floral Princess to think that you have died, that’s why you might as well let Jiang Yu Lang push you down. Maybe you already know there’s water in this hole and you won’t fall to your death.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “How would I know that there’s water in this hole?”

Xiao Ying smiled, “The sun had not set then, maybe a ray of sunlight happened to shine in and was reflected on the water surface below.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Even if that was the case, but even I should know that with such a deep hole, I won’t be able to come out once I fall in.”

“Naturally you will have a plan, and you will have more than one plan.” Su Ying pursed her mouth and smiled, and added “Since any conversation outside would be heard clearly in this hold, you will certainly know who is walking past outside. And you’re not a mute, why can’t you ask others to save you.”

Herbalist Hu was surprised and said, “But… but at that time he did not know that sound can travel in this hole.”

Su Ying explained, “Maybe you do not know, but he grew up in a mountain valley, so naturally he is very certain on such matters.”

Herbalist Hu sighed, “If that is the case, then I am really very ignorant.”

Su Ying continued, “But there’s a loophole in this plan. The mountain here is secluded, if no one were to ever walk past, he would have been trapped to his death here. If the person who walk past is not his friend but his enemy, he would not dare to call for help.”

Herbalist Hu rubbed his head and said, “That’s right, what if no one walked past, what if the person who walk past is his enemy, what can be done then?”

Su Ying replied, “That’s why he has another plan.”

Su Ying added, “Don’t you forget, this mountain is situated at the mouth of a river, and the water in the belly of the mountain is river water. River water will rise and fall with the tide and when the tide rises, the water in here will rise as well. When the tide falls, the water in here will recede as well.”

Herbalist Hu stared blankly for a moment before saying with a bitter laugh, “That’s right, I should be able to think of this logic as well.”

Su Ying said, “Since the river water can flow in here, then there must be an exit here that leads straight to the river. Once the tide recedes, we’ll be able to find this exit…”

She smiled slightly, and turned her head towards Xiao Yu’er, asking, “Is what I have said correct?”

Xiao Yu’er replied icily, “Do you think you’re very smart? All really smart women should know, no matter which man she is talking to, she should always know a little lesser than that man. Your problem is that you know too much. This kind of woman, most men would not want.”

Su Ying replied, “But you’re not most men. A person like you, there’s only one in the whole world… besides, you should know such logic as well, so I still know a little lesser than you.”

Xiao Yu’er can’t help but laugh loudly, and after a moment, he sighed again and mumbled, “It seems that sooner or later I will one day be mesmerized by this lass.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers
    I don't understand why so many people hate Tie Ping Gu. I feel sorry for her. It's not like she intended to help Jiang Yu Lang kill that other guy whom we thought was Yan Nan Tian. And her sticking width Jiang Yu Lang is only because she's as dumb as a door and has been abused by him. I wish she'd end up with Hua Wu Que.

The problem with this novel is that there are way a lot of attractive girls and not nice guys for them all.

In the spirit of Happily Ever After stories, here's the pairing I'd like to see at the ending:
    Xiao Yu would take Tie Xin Lan and Su Ying.
    Hua Wu Que would end up with Tie Ping Gu.
    Jiang Yu Lang would die a horrible death. Same for his father.

Can't decide on who to pair Murong Jiumei and Zhang Qing with. I'd like it if they were to end up as Xiao Yu's girls, but two is already too many. And I just don't see Su Ying getting along with other girls. Black Spider is a nice guy, but they're too cool for him.

Gu Long sure knows how to create attractive female characters.
    I do agree with you that Tie Ping Gu is not a bad character. The problem is she's just very lonely. And therefore any affection given to her can drive her to any road. Floral Palace upbringing really influenced her much... As for why she kill the fake Yan Nan Tian; I believe its more like an instinct to save her lover. Therefore she did it accidentally...For those TPG haters, I would say u all have to experience her life since young before u make any conclusion. She may have done nasty things but in her heart she's totally an innocent character........

Wah XYE get both TXL and Su Ying!!!! Dun u think u are too greedy?? I am aware that both XYE and TXL love each other but sometimes it may not happen. It's sad to see XYE ignoring TXL up to now just becoz of misunderstanding but.....HWQ treat TXL much better than XYE himself.......

Mu Rong Jiu is suppose to be paired with Yan Ren Yu, a character that has dissapeared after being thrown out by Princess Yao Yue...Anyway no one wants to marry a totally stupid girl....
    Last edited by Dendroid King; 02-20-07 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks Jean.

I absolutely love the conversations between XYE and SY. They are that kind of a pair where the more they argue the better their relationship gets. If this continues XYE will soon begin to love SY.

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Chong
    Thanks Jean.

I absolutely love the conversations between XYE and SY. They are that kind of a pair where the more they argue the better their relationship gets. If this continues XYE will soon begin to love SY.
    If he doesn't already. I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King
    Anyway no one wants to marry a totally stupid girl....
    She's not totally stupid. She was quite lovable. And very pretty. A bit odd, yes, and maybe not a good person, but that doesn't make her any less attractive. And by attractive I'm not merely referring to her looks.

I don't like TPG because she can't take the consequenses of her actions. She may have good intentions at heart but she sticks by JYL even though she knows how nasty he is and then cries and feels ashamed when she is treated bad by him.

The way she immediately started to get physical with JYL right after he threw two people to their deaths was not good at all.

Also she was beginning to like XYE at the mountains when they escaped but that didn't last very long - in fact as soon as she met JYL she forgot her affections for XYE and fell for JYL's vily charms.

Here is my version of the happy ending

XYE with SY
    HWQ with TXL
    Murong with Black Spider

Jean thank you so much for this translation, this novel is a joy to read and we wouldn't be able to without your kind efforts

I agree with Eliza and Ray's opinions on TPG 100%.....anyone who refuses to stop loving a guy who will sell you to the highest bidder for a sweet roll is not worthy of my compassion....

However the girl I thought XYE had the most chemistry with was Zhang Qing.....the scene with the 3 blows returned was the best male/female interaction yet IMHO, and it's a shame that he appears to be the typical male wuxia lead -- meets beautiful females constantly, but is destined to wind up with the first one he met in the story.

And since when is > 2 wives too many? What about my boy Wei Xiaobao, my idol??????

to continue....

Right at this time, something suddenly dropped down from the top. Herbalist Hu and Tie Ping Gu were both shocked, but Xiao Yu’er smiled instead and said, “The Floral Princess is indeed obedient, she’s sent us our dinner.”

There’s really quite a lot of things Princess Yao Yue sent, a large bag thoroughly filled. As Xiao Yu’er ate, he noticed that the water has started to fall.

Before the water has finished receding, Herbalist Hu had already jumped down, trying to look for a way out. However Xiao Yu’er lied down on the rock and started sleeping instead.

Su Ying gently caressed his jet black hair and said worriedly, “He’s really tired. He has really suffered a lot these few days.”

She turned her head around and smiled at Tie Ping Gu, “If it was someone else who suffered as much as him, who has as many setbacks as him, even if that person is not depressed, he will certainly blame heaven or others. But look at him, he did not seem to take it to heart at all. A man like this, how can you blame me for liking him.”

Tie Ping Gu smiled, but her tears is almost flowing out. Su Ying can be proud of the man she loves, but what about her? What her man brought her, is only shame and misfortune.

After a moment, Su Ying suddenly asked, “Do you know Tie Xin Lan?”

Tie Ping Gu replied, “I know she treats Xiao Yu’er very well, but…”

Su Ying interrupted, “But besides Xiao Yu’er, she can still like someone else. But for me, other than Xiao Yu’er, I will never love anyone else. So I must never let her snatch Xiao Yu’er away, no matter what plans I must use, I must…”

Right at this time, Herbalist Hu suddenly exclaimed, “It’s here, it’s right here, I found it!”

There really is an exit leading straight to the river in this mountain. Although it looks like a narrow and winding passageway, but someone who is not too fat can still crawl through it.

Su Ying shook Xiao Yu’er awake and said with a smile, “If you want to sleep, then have a good rest after you’ve gone out. We can leave now.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Why should I leave. Didn’t you hear that I am going to wait here for Hua Wu Que?”

Su Ying asked hoarsely, “You… you’re really waiting for him?”

Xiao Yu’er stared at her, “Of course it’s real, this meeting has been arranged three months ago.”

Su Ying replied, “But… but after he arrives, the Floral Princess will certainly force him to fight with you.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “The word fight is used inappropriately. With such highly skilled martial arts exponents like us, the word used should be dueling.”

Su Ying anxiously replied, “But you are not dueling, you are fighting for your lives.”

Su Ying turned his body around again, and stamping her feet, said, “But you… you are not his match now, because I know the wonders of that ‘Shifting Flower Grafting Jade’, is really the world’s greatest.”

Xiao Yu’er suddenly laughed and said calmly, “But do you know, in the whole world, I am the only one who knows how to break the martial arts moves of Floral Palace.”

Su Ying was stunned, and asked hoarsely, “You really know… how did you know?”

Xiao Yu’er grinned, “Naturally someone taught me. The secret to Floral Palace’s martial arts, there is no one else in the world who would know it better than her.”

“Why would the Floral Princess teach you the moves that will break her own martial arts move? Is she crazy?”

Su Ying was startled for a moment before adding, “Even if you can break the martial arts of the Floral Palace, you will never kill Hua Wu Que, right?”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Whether I kill him or not, how is it related to you?”

Su Ying replied, “Of course it’s related. If you don’t kill him, he’ll kill you. If you stay here, it’s…”

Xiao Yu’er suddenly jumped up and roared, “Whoever wants to leave can leave, anyway I am certainly going to wait here!”

Last edited by Jean; 03-25-07 at 08:14 PM.

no matter how much of a rascal XYE is, he still keeps his word. lols the heroic side of XYE xD
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

Yeah....I'm gonna miss good ole XYE....

I like him, he is unconcerned with what others are thinking of him and he is not distracted from his original aim. XYE rocks! (but still I kind of missed HWQ, I wonder what is going on with him)