Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

poor guy... what the heck did they do to him? is he injured? poisoned?
    i don't remember any details of injury.

Nah, it was much more sinister than that....they forced him to watch re-runs of LOCH '96.....

Your the man Kchill.

LOCH 96? which version is that? I don't recall seeing a 96 version.

the one with Athena and Julian? i didn't watch that one.

the one with julian and athena was 1994.
    tvb came out with roch (louis and carmen) in 1995.

what's 1996?

LOL...sorry guys I was typing too fast I meant LOCH 95...YUCK!
    Last edited by KChill; 06-23-07 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    LOL...sorry guys I was typing too fast I meant LOCH 95...YUCK!
    You mean LOCH94? ROCH was 95.

Man, I don't even know anymore.....I think it was the one with Emily Kwan.....lemme go back to my library......

to continue....

Li Da Zui suddenly said, “Since it’s a wedding, why isn’t there a ceremony?” Chen Feng Chao replied calmly with a smile, “Everything was in done in a rush, so preparations might be incomplete, we hope that you can understand.”

Li Da Zui replied seriously, “Even so, the ceremony cannot be done away with, besides…” Du Jiao Jiao interrupted with a smile, “Besides we have another two couples here to join in your festivities, waiting for Ninth son-in-law and Miss Jiu to go through the ceremony together.”

Chen Feng Chao exclaimed, “Oh?” Nangong Liu asked, “I wonder who the couples are…” Although they were serious and polite, but at this point in time they can’t help but take a glance at Hua Wu Que, and saw that Hua Wu Que’s expression was neither sad nor happy. A pretty young lady next to him however, revealed a mixture of emotions on her face, so complicated that no one can guess what this is really all about.

Ha Ha’er commented, “Haha, as the saying goes, good things come in pairs, but a pair cannot be compared to a trio. If the three couples were to go through the ceremony together, in future these three couples will certainly have the three fortunes: luck, longevity and many descendants.”

Chen Feng Chao smiled slightly and said, “You’ve said so many auspicious words, and I really have nothing to refute your kind intentions, but a pity…”

Li Da Zui furrowed his brows and asked, “A pity what?”

Chen Feng Chao replied nonchalantly, “A pity that Sister Jiu has completed the ceremony, and is already on her way back now on the boat.”

Nangong Liu added, “I’m sure all of you are aware, Sister Jiu and her husband have been in misery for some time, so since they want to spend their special day quietly, it’s not for us to try and stop them.”

Du Jiao Jiao, Li Da Zui and the rest took a look at one another, not making any moves at all.

Ha Ha’er said, “Haha, if it was someone else who said that, we would certainly have thought that he’s looking down on us, but since it is the two of you who said it, things are of course not the same.”

Chen Feng Chao replied, “Thank you.”

Du Jiao Jiao giggled, “If it was any other day, when everyone here were to see us, you would at least want to do punish us on behalf Heaven, because all of you are very good men, and when the good meets the bad, they will certainly clash, isn’t that so?”

Chen Feng Chao just smiled and did not reply.

Du Jiao Jiao continued, “So, if it was any other day, we would not dare to come and pay you a visit, because the reputation of the ‘Murong’ family is so great that it’s scary, and we really cannot afford to antagonize you.”

Chen Feng Chao bowed slightly and said, “We wouldn’t dare.”

Du Jiao Jiao said, “But today is different, because we’re already deduced that you will not make things difficult for us today, that’s why we dared to come here…”

Ha Ha’er replied, “Haha, as the saying goes, just take things as they come, since we’ve came, we will have to be thick skinned and stay here. Luckily all of you are polite gentlemen, and it’s a joyous occasion today, so even if we misbehaved a little, you will never chase us away.”

Qin Jian who was seated at another table suddenly stood up and said solemnly, “What are your plans actually, why don’t…”

Li Da Zui interrupted with a smile, “We don’t really have any plans, just that we’d like to use your place here as a wedding hall and let this two couples get married.”

Qin Jian wanted to speak further but Chen Feng Chao stopped him, and said with a smile, “Since all of you are willing to honor us, and this is another joyous matter, we’ll be more than glad, it’s just that… the ceremony can’t proceed without music.”

Last edited by Jean; 06-27-07 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Man, I don't even know anymore.....I think it was the one with Emily Kwan.....lemme go back to my library......
    BTW, it's LOCH94, ROCH95, and DGSD96...

Was it that bad, LOCH94? I heard from others that was one of the 90s JY series that actually was good.

I guess for back then people might have thought it was OK, but being the late-to-the-genre individual that I am, I was playing catchup when I saw it, all I kept thinking was "Man this is cheezy!" If it makes the old-school purist feel any better, I think ROCH 06 was just as bad....."GU-GU!!!! GU-GU!!! GU-GU-GU-GU!!!" It's hard listening to like 40 episodes of that.

Thanks again for the translation Jean, are we about to see some confrontation now? Time for the 10 Evils to be put in their place.

End of chapter~~~

Li Da Zui said calmly, “As the saying goes, if the sister-in-law is in need of help, the brother-in-law can lend a hand, flexibility can be applied if the nature is important, besides, the music is made for the ceremony, and there’s no need for us to listen to it, right?”

Chen Feng Chao smiled and replied, “With your reasoning, I really cannot argue.”

Li Da Zui clasped his hands and chortled, “Since that is the case, why worry if there’s no music?” He suddenly used two chopsticks and started tapping them on the bowl, and Ha Ha’er covered his mouth with his hands and started trumpeting.

Du Jiao Jiao laughed so hard that she bent over, saying, “Such music can only be heard in Heaven, how often can one hear it on earth? With such marvelous music, shouldn’t the ceremony proceed?”

She clasped Madam Bai and Tie Xin Lan on each side of her. Bai Kai Xin stared, but suddenly he grinned and clasped Hua Wu Que up as well.

Li Da Zui shouted as he tapped on the bowls, “The newly-weds will go though the ceremony, the first bow to Heaven…” The sisters of the Murong family may be extremely talented and intelligent ladies, the eight sons-in-law were also reputable heroes, but they’ve never seen something so ridiculous and absurd. They looked at one another, not one of them can think of a plan to handle the situation.

Right at this time, Yin Jiu You’s eerie voice suddenly shouted, “Who is that?”

A person laughed and said, “I am not human!” Once these words were heard, everyone can’t help but feel startled.

Although Li Da Zui and the rest knows that Yin Jiu You must be hovering somewhere nearby like a ghost, but who is the person that he met? The four words ‘I am not human’, were the words Yin Jiu You used most often.

Yin Jiu You was stunned as well, and he said with a strange laugh, “If you’re not human, are you a ghost then?”

That person replied, “Absolutely correct.”

Yin Jiu You smiled, “You’re a ghost? Do you know what I am then?”

That person said, “You’re only ‘half man half ghost’, but I’m a whole ghost. You’re still half a human, but I’m totally not human at all.”

Once he heard that, Bai Kai Xin can’t help but clap and laughed loudly, “Marvelous, marvelous, I didn’t expect that Yin Jiu You would actually see a ghost during the day.”

Although everyone was shocked, they can’t help but find this a little hilarious.

That person laughed, “Absolutely correct, you’re all seeing a ghost during the day, I am the day time ghost!” Amidst the laughter, a person flew in from outside the cabin like a gush of wind. It can be said that everyone in the cabin were top martial arts exponents, and Du Jiao Jiao, Bai Kai Xin, ‘Thousand Flowers Sword’ Zuo Chun Sheng, ‘Divine Eyes Scholar’ Luo Ming Dao, the Lightness skill of these few people are famous in the martial arts realm. But when they saw this person’s Lightness Skill, they can’t help but feel surprised.

Li Da Zui and the rest also knows that once ‘Half human half ghost’ Yin Jiu You clings on to someone, he’ll be like a maggot stuck to the bone and never let the other person escape. But this person was actually able to fly into the cabin easily while he was right next to Yin Jiu You, so obviously his Lightness Skill is so much better that Yin Jiu You, whose movement is already as quick as a ghost.

They really dare not imagine who this person can be! Because besides the Floral Princesses and Yan Nan Tian, there is not a lot of people with such excellent Lightness Skill.

But this person is not Yan Nan Tian, and naturally it cannot be the Floral Princesses. Under the light of the lamp, this person was less than three feet tall, and is actually a dwarf. Other dwarfs will surely look deformed and ugly, but this dwarf is different. His head, hands, legs and body were all proportionate, his face refined, long beard flowing from his chin, looking like an immortal or a Taoist priest.

But the clothes he wore, looks neither like a priest or a mundane man. He was wearing a light grey short robe, a sword hung across his back, and this sword is two inches shorter than other people’s dagger, which makes it look like a child’s toy. If a child was to see this person, he will surely pull his hands and make him play hide-and-seek. If it was a street performer who saw this person, he will surely think this is a rare commodity. If it was a highly ranked official who saw this person, he will surely bring him to the Emperor, to be a joker in the palace.

But once Du Jiao Jiao saw this person, she suddenly was unable to laugh. Du Sha and Li Da Zui, on seeing the change in her expression, also thought of someone suddenly.

By now Yin Jiu You has flown into the cabin as well, and was about to fight with this person but Du Jiao Jiao and Li Da Zui hurriedly stopped him, and whispered some things into his ear. Yin Jiu You’s expression changed as well, and the hand, which was extended to strike, was retracted immediately.

This person bowed around and said with a grin, “An uninvited guest, came to interrupt the feast, much apologies.”

Chen Feng Chao, Nangong Liu and the rest naturally were secretly stunned, but they still replied politely. Only the Third Miss, Murong Shan Shan’s eyes shimmered, and she suddenly said, “When Junior was younger, I’ve heard rumors that there’s a strange hero in the martial arts realm, whose movements were like a mythical dragon, whose behaviour is unpredictable. I have long wanted to see for myself your impressiveness.”

Murong Shuang’s eyes gleamed and she interrupted, “The strange hero that Third Sister is referring to, is he the one people address as…. address as…” That person chortled, “Miss need not find it a taboo word, just call out the name ‘Gui Tong Zi’ (Little Ghost Boy), I’m long been used to the name and not only will I not be angry, in fact I find that this name is not bad at all.”

Once the three words ‘Gui Tong Zi’ was spoken, the expressions on Chen Feng Chao, Nangong Liu and the rest suddenly changed. They had heard such rumours when they were young as well, that not only is this person’s Lightness Skill extraordinary, he’s also said to be the only disciple of Japan’s Yi He Gu of the mysterious Ninja skill.

ohhh ninjas
    :-)

O_o

Now that is random.

Ahaha! Gu Long!

He sits around writing, takes another gulp of XO, comes up with new incredible characters every 15 mins.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

wow... at this stage in the story and we are still being introduced to new characters. that was a real shocker. i totally did not see that coming. then again, this is gu long. so very random indeed.

i'm having a hard time keeping up with the story. so many things happening, plus so many unanswered questions. thank you jean for doing such a wonderful job with this translation. what would we do without you?

Did anyone else think he was the "Count Carefree" character from Xiao11Lang for a second???

to continue.... new chapter!

Chap 116

It is said that ‘Gui Tong Zi’ is adept in the art of invisibility. If he wants to find out your secrets, you would not notice him even if he was hiding right under your chair. But this person was already famous fifty years ago and for the last thirty, forty years, no one has heard anything about him. It was said that he has left for Japan and to enjoy the exotic country. Others said that because most of the people in Japan are dwarfs, so he felt happier staying there. Now that this person appeared suddenly again, his intentions are unfathomable.

Chen Feng Chao bowed and said, “I have long admired Elder’s great name, and now that I can be witness to Elder’s grace, it’s a most joyous thing indeed,”

Gui Tong Zi laughed, “You may be saying that, but I’m afraid in your heart you really want to ask why an old weirdo like me came here?”

Chen Feng Chao replied, “I wouldn’t dare.”

Gui Tong Zi added, “Actually even if you don’t ask me, I will tell you.”

Chen Feng Chao replied, Yes,”

Gui Tong Zi continued, “I came today because of two matters. Firstly, I heard that this Miss Tie is getting married, so I specially engaged a group of musicians. I can guarantee that all of them are skilled musicians. If Miss Tie goes through the ceremony before the musicians arrive, won’t it be a loss of face for me, therefore, I’ll have to ask that Miss Tie must wait for a little longer.”

Chen Feng Chao and the rest seemed to have heaved a secret sigh of relief, “So this old weirdo is not here for us.”

But Li Da Zui and the rest were secretly startled, “How is this old weirdo related to Tie Xin Lan? Why is he concerning himself over her affairs?”

Gui Tong Zi grinned at them, “Actually I don’t know this Miss Tie at all, it’s just that I’m a born busybody.”

Although Li Da Zui still felt a little suspicious, but he did not say it out. After being cooped in the Valley of Evil for twenty years, and although the things that they did after their re-emergence into the martial arts realm bordered on the nonsensical, but they are after all the ‘Ten Evils’. And the name ‘Ten Evils’ is not something that is given to them so easily, when something major really happens, all of them will be capable of handling the situation.

“There’s another thing which is even more interesting.” Gui Tong Zi said, “This time I unexpectedly saved someone, and this person is rumored to be a scoundrel. But I am born with a strange character, I love making friends with scoundrels, because if everyone else won’t be friends with a scoundrel, and I am like everyone else, won’t the scoundrel be very pitiful? If a person is pitiful, then how can he be called a scoundrel?” This person really has a warped logic, and the Murong sisters were secretly laughing when they heard this.

Bai Kai Xin laughed as well, “If Elder likes to make friends with scoundrels, that is too marvelous. Because the number of scoundrels here is ten times more then the number of scoundrels added up everywhere else.” If he doesn’t say a few words to instigate something or to show sarcasm, not only will his throat feel itchy, but his whole body will feel uncomfortable, just like a dog who has seen poop, it’s difficult to make it not want to eat it.

Gui Tong Zi looked at him and grinned, “It seems that this will be ‘Harming others without benefit to oneself’ Bai Kai Xin, you really live up to your name. I came up to this boat today, is to look for you.”

Bai Kai Xin was stunned and stammered, “Look… look for me? Wh… why? I don’t eat humans, neither do I gamble, amongst these people here, there’s none who is more honest than me.”

Gui Tong Zi replied, “Actually it’s not really me who is looking for you, it’s just that the scoundrel friend of mine has some issues to settle with you, so he would like to have a good talk with you.”

He suddenly raised his voice, “Come quickly, you toothless tiger, or is it true that you really dare not let others see you anymore!” Once these words were out, Bai Kai Xin wanted to slip away, because he has already guessed who the person is. Madam Bai was still pretending to be shy but once she heard these words, her expression changed as well.

But even if Bai Kai Xin has applied oil on the soles of his feet, there’s no way he can slip away by now. Once he leapt up, he saw Gui Tong Zi’s face blocking right in front of him.

Last edited by Jean; 07-05-07 at 08:31 PM.

oh, must be the tiger from the 12 zodiacs. here to save his wife

hehe. this is getting very interesting. can't wait for the next update.
    jean, i'm not sure if i'm happy or not with you giving us these cliffhangers
    anxiety is very bad....