Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

Oh now we have the Romance of the Three Kingdoms thrown is as well.

I wonder where this is going and how GL will tie all of these up (but maybe he won't)

aw darn, I forgot about the musicians.

@ Felix: Yeah, I was trying to keep it short...

@ aliderhamy:

And finally, @ Jean: Thanks for the translation!

ahhhhh! we're at the last 5-6 chapters and just added 8-10 characters?

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    Exactly!!!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    My mistake... there's a total of 127 chapters.... we're at chapter 116 now... but it really seems that the whole world is appearing.

i'm just wondering how everything will be summed up at the end. there are just too many unanswered questions. i don't feel that 11 chapters will clear up everything. events are happening way too quickly and there has to be a reason for adding new characters are this moment. or did gu long planned to just kill them off later on?

guess we'll just have to wait and find out. btw, don't know what else to say except thank you, jean. i say we should pool together a gift certificate for you or something . what a marvelous job you've done.

Anyone have the chinese site that have the whole translation of this novel? Thanks alot

to continue.....

The old man replied, “That’s right, ever since the Three Kingdoms, I’m the 18th generation that this has been passed down, that’s why my name is Mi Shi Ba (Shi Ba = 18)

Only now did Chen Feng Chao understand what’s happening. So this old man is the descendant of Mi Heng, and Mi Heng played ‘Triple Tolling of Yu Yang’ on the drums and insulted Cao Cao. Cao Cao used the hands of others to kill him, and now this Mi Shi Ba wants to place this blame on Chen Feng Chao, making him at a loss as to whether to laugh or cry about it.

But Murong Shan Shan replied with a straight face, “Since that is the case, then Elder should not forget that Chen Gong died in the hands of the traitorous Cao Cao, so Elder and those with the family name Chen should fight their common enemy. If you were to fight amongst yourselves, won’t those with the family name Cao look upon it as a joke.”

Mi Shi Ba was stunned for a moment before he nodded his head, “That’s right, if not for your reminder, I would have forgotten. You’re quite an interesting young lady.”

Suddenly someone shouted, “Is there anyone with the family name Zhong here?”

This person is tall and thin with a long neck, and holding on to a qin. Bai Kai Xin thought that he has something against those with the family name Zhong, so he immediately pointed towards Li Da Zui and said, “This person’s family name is Zhong.”

He thought that Li Da Zui will certainly be in trouble now, because the ladies of the Murong family will certainly not speak up for Li Da Zui, but who would have expected that this old man with the qin dropped down to the floor in front of Li Da Zui and said, “Old man Yu Zi Ya, when I was a young man, your grandfather Mr Zi Qi was the only one who appreciated my music, and he spread the words of my music, making it famous. Now that we have met each other, if you do not mind, please allow me to play a tune for you.”

When Li Da Zui was younger he did have the reputation of a scholar, or Tie Wu Shuang would not have let him marry his daughter, so he naturally knows about the story between Mr Zi Ya and Zhong Zi Qi. That’s why when Bai Kai Xin said that his family name is Zhong, he did not object, and now he bowed and said, “If Elder has the mood for it, I will gladly listen.”

Yu Zi Ya sat down straight, his fingers plucking the strings of the qin, and once the music started, it makes one feel light, as if they’re in heaven.

Li Da Zui put on an act and closed his eyes, listening for a long time before saying loudly, “As majestic as Mount Tai! Excellent, marvelous.”

Yu Zi Ya’s music suddenly changed, becoming more gentle and melodious.

Li Da Zui clasped his palms and said, “Soothing like the River Jiang, excellent, marvelous.”

Yu Zi Ya drew his hand across the qin and stopped gracefully. He heaved a long sigh and said, “I did not expect that after so many years, the Zhongs will still appreciate the music. This tune of mine, will never be played for anyone else in future.”

Du Jiao Jiao have already seen that these old people are not highly skilled martial arts exponents, but she did not expect them to be so easily tricked.

She can’t help but secretly laugh to herself, “The older one gets, the more muddleheaded, seems that this saying is not wrong at all. These people here are really old and muddleheaded.”

Yu Zi Ya took hold of Li Da Zui’s hand and introduced the old men and old ladies to him one by one. The one playing the flute has the family name Xiao (Xiao = flute), and naturally he’s the descendant of Xiao Nong Yu. The person who played the zhu has the family name Gao, and he is most likely somewhat related to Gao Jian Li (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gao_Jian_Li), and whose descendent would be the one who plays the flute? It turns out that he’s the descendant of Han Xiang Zi, so naturally he’s related to the pioneer of essayist Han Yu as well.

The Murong sisters almost wanted to burst out laughing upon hearing all these from the side. They are slowly coming to the conclusion that these people are all mad, and very hilariously mad as well.

The most amazing thing is, the person who plays the yu claimed that he is the descendent of Mr Nanguo, and called himself Nanguo Sheng. Murong Shan Shan can’t take it any longer and said with a smile, “King Xuan of Qi loves the sound of the yu, and he will order 300 yu players to play at the same time, but 299 of them will certainly play better than Mr Nanguo*. Elder plays the yu so beautifully, so how can you be the descendant of Mr Nanguo?”

(*Story of Nanguo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_%28wind_instrument%29)

Jean, thank you so much.

I'm happy to learn that there more Chapters aheadi, I'm loving this novel

wow, so many new characters. wonder how this whole novel will sum up...
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

to continue.....

This Mr Nanguo is short and fat, and looked very friendly, that’s why Murong Shan Shan dared to joke with him. As expected he was not angry, and said with a grin, “Miss only knows that my ancestor was making up the numbers, and became a laughing stock for centuries to come, but you only know one aspect of the story and not the other.”

Murong Shan Shan replied, “Junior is willing to be enlightened.”

Nanguo Sheng replied, “After the death of King Xuan, King Min took over the throne and ordered the 300 yu players to play a solo piece. When my ancestor heard of the news, he escaped in the night. Everyone is familiar with this part of the story, but they do not know that after my ancestor escaped, he vowed to work hard from then on. Before his death, he is already the best yu player during that era, and he strictly instructed his descendents that all future generations must learn to play the yu, with the hope of erasing the joke about ‘Nanguo playing the yu’.

He laughed and continued, “If Miss were to take a look, who else in the world plays the yu better than those with the family name Nanguo.”

Murong Shan Shan immediately put on a serious look and thanked him, “Junior was ignorant, if I have offended Elder, I hope you will forgive me.”

Actually everyone can see that Mr Nanguo’s family name is not Nanguo at all, Mi Shi Ba’s family name is not Mi, and the old man with the family name Han cannot possibly be the descendant of Han Xiang Zi.

Because Han Xiang Zi has never married, so how could he have a son, and without a son, he can’t possibly have a grandson.

But these old people insist on saying that, so everyone has no choice but to believe them. Although they can all see that these old people must be famous heroes of the martial arts realm fifty to sixty, or maybe even sixty to seventy years ago, but no one could guess their original names. All the more Tie Xin Lan could not guess why these old people would rush here to perform for her. Every one of these people are old enough to be her great-grandfather, so how could they be in any way related to her?

The eldest Murong sister is gentle and well mannered, a capable wife and excellent mother who does not speak out of place. She has a slight smile all along, sitting there quietly, but now she suddenly pulled her husband’s sleeve quietly and said gently, “It’s getting late now, everyone is tired now…” Chen Feng Chao tapped her hand and smiled, “I understand what you mean.”

Of course he can tell from the beginning that the situation today is getting more and more complicated, and he has no wish to drag this further with these weird unorthodox people, so he clasped his fists and said with a smile, “Now that the music is ready, we better finish up the ceremony for these two couples, so that everyone can have a hearty drink after that.”

Du Jiao Jiao clapped her hands and laughed, “You’re absolutely right.”

Ha Ha’er said, “Haha, as the saying goes, a single moment of the night is worth thousands of gold, we’re so busy talking that we forgot that the newly weds are anxious to go into the nuptials room.”

They can also tell that these old people’s background are dubious, and wish they can get out of this situation soon. Who would have expected that Gui Tong Zi suddenly exclaimed loudly, “No, not yet, wait a little longer.”

Du Jiao Jiao smiled, “Could it be that Elders have invited guests here for the ceremony as well?”

Gui Tong Zi replied, “Not a guest, but a host.”

Du Jiao Jiao can’t help but feel stunned, “Host? Aren’t all the hosts here?”

Gui Tong Zi ignored her, but spoke with Mi Shi Ba, “Didn’t Lao Yao (Lao Yao = youngest in the family/ group) come with all of you?”

Mi Shi Ba rolled his eyes and replied, “Who else can he come with if not with us?”

Gui Tong Zi asked, “Where is he?”

Mi Shi Ba replied, “Where is he, why don’t you ask him yourself?”

“If I know where he is, do I still need to ask?”

Mi Shi Ba stared at him, “If you don’t know, how would I know? I’m not his father.”

Gui Tong Zi chided him with a laugh, “You have the same irritable temper as your ancestor.”

Guo Nan Sheng laughed, “You obvious know that he has a bad temper, why do you still ask him, why don’t you ask me.”

Li Da Zui was secretly laughing at the side upon hearing all these. These people are getting more childish as they age, and when they argue, they’re as good as him.

Question, in the original text. Is Du Jiao Jiao referred to when in the third person using the male 'Ta' or the female 'Ta'?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I simply can't guess who this may be?

Jean, thank you so much

Interesting. Is there a character list on this novel anywhere? I'm having a hard time keeping score. Thanks for the translation, Jean.

12 zodiacs ?
    10 evils .
    and father and son evil combo.
    and for every evil there is usally some counter, in the form of good charecter.
    ohh im forgettting the 2 floral princeses.
    and all the babes that the guys are chasing after or running away from.

another character is joining the party! Anyone feels that the boat is getting crowded?

Chen Feng Chao was afraid that they’ll argue further, luckily Nan Guo Sheng continued talking, “Lao Yao came with us initially on the boat, but he complained that the boat was moving too slowly, so he jumped ashore and came here on his own first.”

Yu Zi Ya said, “This is called more haste, less speed.”

Gui Tong Zi laughed, “I’m afraid his impatient character can’t be changed even when he’s dead.”

The lady flutist interrupted with a laugh, “With his speed recently, even if he took the longer route, he should be here long ago. I’m just afraid that he got into his bad habit again and is now fighting with someone again while on the way.”

Han Di Zi laughed, “If he is really fighting, then I’m afraid he won’t make it even if we wait another three days and nights for him.”

Du Jiao Jiao rolled her eyes and suddenly spoke up, “This friend of Elders, once he start fighting there’ll never be an end?”

Gui Tong Zi sighed, “If he does not fight until the other party kowtow and beg for mercy, he will not give up even if it means death.”

Du Jiao Jiao took a glance and Li Da Zui and asked, “Could it be him?”

Li Da Zui thought of someone as well, and suddenly exclaimed hoarsely, “Could this friend of Elders be….” Before he could finish his words, someone at the shore can be heard roaring suddenly, “Li Da Zui, Compulsive Gambler, where are you grand-bastards, scram out now!”

Xuanyuan San Guang clasped his palms and laughed loudly, “With the arrival of this son of turtle, it’s going to get even more interesting.”

Once that lion sounding roar was heard, Tie Xin Lan started shaking uncontrollably, either from surprise or from joy. The Murong sisters were secretly perplexed, the brother of these old weirdoes, how can he be an old friend of the ‘Ten Evils’? They really cannot understand.

Li Da Zui and Xuanyuan San Guang jumped to the head of the boat and laughed loudly, “You crazy old man, you’re still not dead?”

The person on shore laughed as well, “You grand-bastards are not yet dead, so how can I bear to die?” Amidst the laughter, a person jumped up the boat. A boat as large as this, even shook when he landed, and the wine in the cups spilled out, so one can imagine how heavy this person is.

But it cannot be said that his Lightness Skill is not up to par, because from his leap from the shore to the boat, the distance is at least forty to fifty feet! Plum Blossom Master, Divine Eye Scholar, their Lightness Skill can be considered one of the best in the martial arts realm, but when they think about it, they may not necessarily be able to leap forty feet. Since this person’s Lightness Skill is not weak at all, but he deliberately shook the boat when he landed, no wonder Li Da Zui and the rest called him ‘crazy old man’.”

Without even looking, everyone knows that the person who came must be a weird person and upon taking a look, they can’t help but suck in a breath of cold air. This person is not very tall, about six to seven feet at the most, and he looked square, like a huge rock. His head is even strangely bigger, if the head was chopped down and weighed, it’ll be at least thirty to fifty catties. The hair on his head was in a huge mess, like a chicken’s nest, the hair joining the beard, the beard joining the face, no one can differentiate which is the beard, and which is the hair. Even his nose and mouth can’t even be found. Looking from afar, he looks like a lion squatting on a huge rock, or like a lion that has been squashed out of shape.

Once this person jumped up the boat, he started laughing and chatting with Li Da Zui and Xuanyuan San Guang. The ages of those three added up is almost 200 years old, but they still do not behave seriously. On seeing this, Chen Feng Chao can only give a forced smile, not knowing if he should come forward to welcome him or not. That strange man suddenly pushed Li Da Zui aside and roared, “I forgot to take a look what kind of a husband you grand-bastards found for my daughter. If he’s not to my liking, see if I don’t give all of you a sound beating.”

He jumped up with a roar, and Du Jiao Jiao approached him with a smile, “This son-in-law we found for you, a crazy man like you will never find someone like him even if you went looking, you’re sure to be satisfied.”

On seeing this weird man, Tie Xin Lan’s tears have burst out uncontrollably, and she struggled to rush forward, crying out, “Father…”

With the suffering she felt, the bitterness she felt, she only managed to call his name before her throat got stuck, unable to say another word.

Hua Wu Que has also realized by now that ‘Mad Lion’ Tie Zhan has arrived. Looking at Tie Xin Lan, he will never imagine that her father would actually look like that.

Tie Zhan patted his daughter’s head and chuckled, “Good daughter, don’t cry. Your old man is not dead yet, you should be happy, why are you crying?” Before he even finished his words, he has already jumped in front of Hua Wu Que and looked at him from head to toe, and from toe to head again, scrutinizing Hua Wu Que for a few rounds. Hua Wu Que was so numb from hunger that he did not even move.

The Mad Lion finally shows himself!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Mad Lion seems to be another colourful character. I wonder whether he'll like HWQ or not... (how can he not?)

Thank you so much Jean

Some dads wouldn't like to see their daughter dating a pretty boy....

hmm so many new characters, wonder when XYE will be back again? [:
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]