Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

End of chapter~~

Tie Zhan nodded his head, “Seems that this lad looks quite human, but… why can’t he stand properly, or have you found me a sickly man?”

Gui Tong Zi laughed, “It’s not a serious illness, he only needs freshly steamed buns for his illness and he will be able to stand properly.”

Tie Zhan was taken aback, and asked, “Could he be suffering from hunger?”

Gui Tong Zi smiled, “That’s right.”

Tie Zhan jumped up and roared, “Who starved my son-in-law into such condition?”

Gui Tong Zi replied, “Who else but your old friends.”

Tie Zhan suddenly somersaulted, extended his hands and grabbed Ha Ha’er and Du Jiao Jiao by their collars, and forcefully lifted the two of them up. His martial arts is not exactly the best among the Ten Evils, it’s just that when he fights, he does it without a care to his own life. If real skills are compared, he may not be able to win Du Jiao Jiao. But now he has just extended his hands, and he managed to lift Du Jiao Jiao and Ha Ha’er, and not only are they unable to resist, they’re unable to avoid him as well.

Li Da Zui and the rest can’t help but feel stunned, no one would have imagined the great improvement in his martial arts. Mi Shi Ba, Yu Zi Ya and the rest have an expression of glee on their faces, and without a need to ask, these old freaks must have taught his martial arts. Ha Ha’er felt his neck about to break, and wanted to laugh but he couldn’t even get his breath out, and stammered, “Old… old friend, we can talk things over, why must you fight!”

Tie Zhan fumed, “What’s there to talk about, you ate yourself into a fatty, why did you starve my son-in-law thus.”

Du Jiao Jiao smiled condescendingly, “There’s something that Brother Tie does not know. If we don’t starve him, he would have run away long ago.”

Tie Zhan asked, “Run? Why would he run?”

Du Jiao Jiao replied, “Why don’t Brother Tie ask him yourself.”

Tie Zhan really loosened his hold, but grabbed Hua Wu Que’s collar and roared, “Let me ask you, why do you want to run away? Isn’t my daughter good enough for a sickly man like you?”

Tie Xin Lan grabbed her father’s arm, “Father, let him go quickly, this has got nothing to do with him.” The confusion and pain she feels in her heart, how can she reveal them in front of so many people.

Tie Zhan paused and asked, “What is this all about? … I don’t care about other things, I’ll only ask you, are you willing to marry this lad!”

Tie Xin Lan lowered her head, “I…I…”

Tie Zhan fumed, “Why have you turned wishy-washy now as well, what is so difficult to say it out, yes means yes, no means no. You only need to nod your head and this lad will be your husband, if you shake your head, I’ll chase this lad away for you.”

But Tie Xin Lan’s head could not move at all. She can’t nod her head, neither can she shake her head. Remembering the love Hua Wu Que has for her, how can she shake her head. She knows that once she shakes her head, she may never see Hua Wu Que again. But she thought of that hateful yet lovable Xiao Yu’er… and how can she nod her head then.

Her feelings now, even the most understanding person would not be able to understand, much less this ‘Mad Lion’ Tie Zhan who never understood anything about matters of the heart. He was almost crazy with impatience, and stamped his foot, “I don’t need you to talk, but can’t you even move your head now?”

Tie Xin Lan still refused to move her head.

Everyone looked at one another, all stunned. The Murong sisters may be astute, but they really cannot guess what she is thinking of right now. The only person who understands her now is Hua Wu Que. But his heart is in pain as well. He knows that Tie Xin Lan refuses to shake her head because she can’t bear to hurt him, but even if Tie Xin Lan nodded her head, won’t he feel sad as well?

He can’t help but utter quietly, “I…”

But who would have expected that he only managed to say one word before Tie Zhan jumped up and roared, “Shut up, who told you to speak. As long as my daughter is willing, you will have to marry her, if my daughter does not agree, you will have to scram!”

Once he said these words, even the Murong sisters were at a loss whether to laugh or cry. They only felt that such an unreasonable father-in-law, is really a rare thing in the world. But they do not know that if ‘Mad Lion’ Tie Zhan is a reasonable man, he won’t be listed as one of the Ten Evils.

The lady flutist suddenly smiled, “If a girl is not willing to nod or shake her head, that means she is agreeable.”

Her hair may have turned white, her face full of wrinkles, so ancient that she’s lost all her teeth, but the look in her eyes is still sultry, and one can imagine that she must have been very experienced in love when she was young.

Tie Zhan slapped his thighs, clapped his hands and said, “That’s right, only Sister Xiao knows how a girl thinks…”

Last edited by Jean; 08-03-07 at 02:35 AM.

Hahahaaa, this is indeed weird but a colleague of mine got married - and she told me that she only said yes to the guy because she was unable to say no

They are happily married now.

TXL is in a pitiful situation. She really must forget XYE since his heart now belongs to someone else.

Thank you so much Jean.

Man, if I were HWQ I'd say like... "Mad Lion, give me some food if you have guts. Then I'll give you a good fight and decide this matter." I don't think the Lion would disagree as he doesn't seem to be a coward even though he's crazy. And this would be the only language to use to a guy like him.

Has HWQ lost his martial arts at the moment, by the way? I remember he got injured by the tiger couple but not sure if he's cured already.

Many thanks, Jean.

XYE's heart belongs to someone else now? I thought he haven't fall for Su Ying yet...

hahahah nice Tracing Traveller. but HWQ is too much of a gentleman kinda character? XYE might've done that xD but XYE mostly wont even get starved in the first place...
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

Quote Originally Posted by babiadorkable View Post
    XYE's heart belongs to someone else now? I thought he haven't fall for Su Ying yet...
    Even if XYE has fallen for Su Ying, he will always have a special place for Tie Xin Lan in his heart.

BTW, where is everyone not at the cave? Did HWQ, TXL, the rest of the Evils have long thought that Xiao Yu Er and company have died already?
    Last edited by Felix; 07-09-07 at 07:19 PM.

BTW, can someone help clarify if I miss something.

The last time we heard of Miss Murong Jiu, she ran away after Miss Third told her that XYE will never come back.

What happened after that? Are we to assume Black Spider found her and then took care of her bringing her home? Is this when MuRong Jiu develop some sort of attachment to Black Spider? Because at this time, I think MuRong Jiu was attached to Xiao Yu Er. Did Gu Long leave out everything and expect us to come up with this conclusion by ourselves?

Had it been Xiao Yu Er who was still being with Mu Rong Jiu, would the Mu Rong sisters ever let Mu Rong Jiu marry Xiao Yu Er? It would have been interesting to see how the sisters would manage to get Xiao Yu Er to come with them.
    Last edited by Felix; 07-09-07 at 07:17 PM.

new chapter~~

Eps 117

Who would have expected that Tie Xin Lan would speak up immediately, “I… I don’t mean that.”

Tie Zhan was so impatient that he grabbed his hair and asked, “What do you really mean then? Speak.” Tie Xin Lan lowered her head, becoming a mute again.

Such a situation, not to mention that Tie Zhan is almost crazy with impatience, even the rest of the people are getting impatient as well.

Tie Zhan stamped his foot, “Don’t a single one of you here knows what she means?”

Xuanyuan San Guang smiled and said, “We know there is someone who knows what she means. Du Jiao Jiao.”

Before he said the last word ‘Jiao’, Tie Zhan has lifted Du Jiao Jiao up and roared, “Since you know, why didn’t you say anything, but let me be anxious.”

Du Jiao Jiao smiled condescendingly, “If you don’t know what your daughter thinks, how would I know. Compulsive Gambler must have hated me for offending earlier, so now he’s taking revenge.”

Tie Zhan roared, “Bullshit, Compulsive Gambler has never lied in his entire life. I’ll count to ‘three’ and if you still won’t tell, I’ll kill you immediately.”

Before he could even say ‘one’, Du Jiao Jiao had already replied with a helpless smile, “All right, I’ll speak, but I’m afraid you’ll be at a loss even more after I speak.” She knows that ‘Mad Lion’ Tie Zhan will surely keep to his word, and now that her life is at stake she has no choice but to reveal everything.

Tie Zhan replied, “As long as you can say it, I’ll have a solution.”

Gui Tong Zi replied, “Even if he has no solution, we can help him find a solution.”

Du Jiao Jiao continued, “Your daughter was very willing to marry this Master Hua at first, but… but… she has another whom she loves. She wants to marry Master Hua, but she also wants to marry that person.”

The lady flutist asked, “These two, who is the better one?” Du Jiao Jiao laughed, “They’re about the same, each with his own good points. If I were her, I wouldn’t know who to marry either.”

Once she heard all these, Tie Xin Lan felt ashamed and pained, and hoped that she can die right away. But she thought that since they mentioned ‘Xiao Yu’er’, maybe there’s a chance of Xiao Yu’er living, so she can only grit her teeth and swallow back her tears.

The lady flutiest sighed, “No matter how strong a woman, she’ll be at a loss in such a situation, so no wonder Mis Tie is in so much pain. If I were her, I’ll…”

Bai Kai Xin interrupted, “Since she likes both of them, then tell her to marry them both at the same time. One on each side, that’s the most marvelous.” He never has anything good to say out of his mouth, and others thought that ‘Mad Lion’ Tie Zhan will certainly smash his nose up, or crack his head open.

Who would have expected that Tie Zhan would jump up and laugh while clapping his hands, “Excellent idea, excellent idea indeed. If a man can have two wives, why can’t a woman marry two husbands?”

The lady flutist sighed and mumbled, “I am a woman, but you’re a lunatic.”

Tie Zhan chortled, “So what if I’m a lunatic, for my daughter’s sake, there’s no harm in being a lunatic.”

He held his daughter’s hand with a laugh and added, “Who is this other person? Just say it out, it’s all right, Father here will decide for you.” Tie Xin Lan’s face had turned from red to pale, and was wishing that she had died three years ago, so how can she say anything now. Even the Murong sisters were secretly sighing for her, thinking that this girl is indeed pitiful, to have such a precocious father.

Xuanyuan San Guang rolled his eyes, and suddenly laughed, “Old Man Ge, how can a young girl say such things out loud? Let me tell you, that lad’s family name is Jiang, and his name Xiao Yu’er.”

Once the three words ‘Xiao Yu’er’ was spoken, the expressions on all the Murong sisters’ face changed, and Little Fairy was so furious that her face reddened immediately. Du Jiao Jiao and the rest were lightly furrowing their brows and only Hua Wu Que’s eyes brightened for an instant, because he finally understood Xuanyuan San Guang’s intention.

Last edited by Jean; 08-03-07 at 02:36 AM.

Xuan Yuan is indeed clever. Maybe XYE can get out of the cave now...

Not that I have read something definite but I get a feeling that he's hooked but not yet know it himself. He is not a stupid person nor heartless. Besides even if he loves TXL, he also knows that HWQ loves her more, so he will give her up for HWQ's sake.

Thank you so much Jean - everything is coming together

i miss XYE. hope he comes out soon. someone, go save XYE!

TXL is annoying me with her wishy washy attitude. gosh, just pick one brother and stay with him. you can't have the best of both worlds. i think HWQ is too good for her.

I thought it was clear several times in the past where XYE deliberately made TXL miserable so she will run to HWQ, because he knew that HWQ really likes TXL. As for SY.. I agree, I think XYE is starting to like her but than, he likes a few other girls too. haha..

finally, there was actually a reason for the huge wedding detour! that's a great twist by Gu Long, having XuanYuan use the Mad Lion to save XYE. i have to say, LXF is my favorite character by Gu Long, but this development just put XuanYuan San Guang in the top 5.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

to continue.... secondary stories!

seems that GL's starting to tie all those loose ends together.

“Xiao Yu’er, Xiao Yu’er, Xiao Yu’er…” Tie Zhan repeated this name a few times, and he asked with a furrowed brow, “Why does this lad have such a weird name.”

Bai Kai Xin grinned, “Because he is a weird person, no matter who sees him, that person will be unlucky for at least three years.”

Tie Zhan beamed, “You’d better not try to sow discord. As long as my daughter likes him, it doesn’t matter even if he’s called little bastard.”

Xuanyuan San Guang suddenly sighed, “A pity that even I do not know where this Xiao Yu’er is right now.” Tie Zhan replied, “That doesn’t matter, as long as there’s such a person, I will be able to find him.”

He gave Gui Tong Zi a hard slap on the shoulder and laughed loudly, “Even if I can’t find him, you’ll be able to, right?”

Xuanyuan San Guang replied, “Wrong. It may be easy for him to find other people, but to find this Xiao Yu’er, it’s extremely difficult, extremely difficult.”

Tie Zhan stared and asked, “Why?”

Xuanyuan San Guang took a glance at Du Jiao Jiao and the rest and answered, “Because they have hidden Xiao Yu’er.”

Tie Zhan jumped up and stared at Du Jiao Jiao, asking, “Why are you hiding him, or could it be you’ve taken a liking for him as well?”

He looked as if he’s going to rush forward and lift Du Jiao Jiao up again, so Du Jiao Jiao hurriedly smiled and said, “This Compulsive Gambler has gotten the bad habit of Bai Kai Xin, don’t you listen to him.”

Xuanyuan San Guang grinned, “Even if you have not hidden him, at least you’ll know where he is, right?”

Du Jiao Jiao sighed and said, “If you must look for him, I will take you there, but I’m afraid it’s too late now.”

Tie Zhan did not even listen to the last part of her sentence, but has already jumped up, “If we’re going, then go now, the faster the better.”

Chen Feng Chao suddenly stood up, “That’s right, it doesn’t matter if this nuptial drink is drunk later. We have long heard the great name of ‘Xiao Yu’er’, and have wanted to meet him for some time.”

Tie Zhan clapped his hands and laughed loudly, “So it seems that my potential son-in-law is quite a popular person.”

Little Fairy gritted her teeth and said with hatred, “He is indeed popular. From what I know, at least eight hundred people want to eat him up.”

Luckily at this time everyone is rushing to go out, so no one took note of what she said, and only Gu Ren Yu was looking at her from the side in a daze. Until everyone has left, Gu Ren Yu heaved a long sigh and said, “You’d better hurry along as well.”

Little Fairy asked, “You’re not going?”

Gu Ren Yu lowered his head and said, “I… I think I’d better return home.”

Little Fairy stared at him for a moment before she smiled icily, “He spoiled the good thing between you and Sister Jiu, so you still hate him?”

Gu Ren Yu gave a slight smile and said, “Even if there’s no him, Sister Jiu would not marry me, I don’t mean that.”

Little Fairy asked, “What do you mean then?”

Last edited by Jean; 08-03-07 at 02:36 AM.

"Gu Ren Yu gave a slight smile and said, “Even if there’s no him, Sister Jiu would not marry him, I don’t mean that.”"

Sorry Jean, the second "him" is that suppose to be "me"?

Thanks for the hard work.. it is getting down to the end of the story now.. mmm.

Does anyone know what Xiao Yu’er means?

little fish

Quote Originally Posted by overjoy71 View Post
    "Gu Ren Yu gave a slight smile and said, “Even if there’s no him, Sister Jiu would not marry him, I don’t mean that.”"

Sorry Jean, the second "him" is that suppose to be "me"?

Thanks for the hard work.. it is getting down to the end of the story now.. mmm.
    oops.. you're right. Have made the corrections, thanks!

YEAH!!! Off to rescue XYE! So happy. Means the beautiful Su Ying will appear again. I've missed her.

Thanks for the wonderful update Jean. I feel the end is approaching near. Conflicting feelings now. I want to know the ending, but then, there will be no more story to read...

to continue.....

Gu Ren Yu lowered his head further and stammered, “I only… only thought that you… you’re also…” Not only has his face turned red, even his neck seemed to have thickened.

Little Fairy stared at him for a moment and suddenly laughed, “You silly, did you think that I liked him!”

Gu Ren Yu stammered, “I heard Third Sister said two days ago that only when a woman likes a person, will she hate him. You hated him so much, doesn’t it mean… it mean…”

Little Fairy suddenly her hand and gently covered his mouth, and asked gently, “You silly, don’t you know my heart by now?”

Gu Ren Yu was startled and ecstatic, and totally stunned.

Little Fairy said, “If you think that I like him, then I’ll marry you now, you should be assured then.”

She suddenly clapped and laughed, “That’s right, we’ll get married right now. We won’t need the ceremonial music or the matchmaker. By the time they come back and hear about this, the expressions on their faces will surely be very interesting.” She got even more happy as she spoke when suddenly there was a ‘plonk’, and Gu Ren Yu has fallen onto the floor together with the chair he was on.

Little Fairy exclaimed in alarm, “You… how are you?” She was just about to squat down and help him up when Gu Ren Yu suddenly jumped up from the floor shouted, “I’m too happy, too happy… is there anyone who is happier than me in the world?”

Little Fairy was surprised, and giggled, “I didn’t expect that Sister Gu would become a lunatic.”

Gu Ren Ju exclaim with joy, “Only now did I realize that Xiao Yu’er is the best man in the world.”

Little Fairy furrowed her brows, “You actually said that he’s a good man, I’m afraid you’re really crazy.”

Gu Ren Yu replied, “Think about it, if not for him, where can two good couples like Sister Jiu and us come from.”

Little Fairy blushed, guffawed, and pretended to put on a straight face and said, “Who said we’ll be a good couple. For all you know I’ll be fiercer than a tigress in future, and scold and hit you everyday, and I’ll even starve you.”

Gu Ren Yu summoned his courage and held her hands, saying gently, “As long as I can be with you, it doesn’t matter if I don’t eat. As the Cantonese always said, ‘Lovers can survive on plain water’. But they do not know that I can make do without water as well.”

Little Fairy said coquettishly, “And I thought you were very decent, but you’re equally dishonest as well.”

The two of them looked each other in the eyes, their heart filled with gentleness and sweetness. The breeze blew in through the window, bringing with it a window filled with stars, and Little Fairy can’t help but lean into Gu Ren Yu’s arms…

Looking at the group of people walking in front, Xuanyuan San Guang was feeling secretly pleased with himself. No matter what, at least he has done something for Xiao Yu’er.

Li Da Zui turned back to look at him, and slowed his steps as well to walk next to him, saying, “So you and Xiao Yu’er are good friends.” Xuanyuan San Guang replied, “Do you think I can only have friends like you sons of turtles who can’t afford to be seen?”

Li Da Zui said with a laugh, “I didn’t expect you to have learnt such tactics, even the few of us were conned by you.”

Xuanyuan San Guang stared and said, “You sons of turtles actually cannot be considered as humans. Xiao Yu’er grew up with you, yet you want him to be trapped to death.”

Li Da Zui was silent for a moment and finally heaved a long sigh, “Honestly, I wanted to save him as well, but… once I heard that Yan Nan Tian is already here, I was so frightened that I lost my mind.”

Xuanyuan San Guang replied, “You think that Xiao Yu’er will help Yan Nan Tian deal with you.”

Li Da Zui said, “Even if he wants to do that, we can’t blame him. Although Jiang Feng and his wife did not die in our hands, but Yan Nan Tian… hai!”

Xuanyuan San Guang smiled coldly, “Let me tell you, you’ve all misunderstood Xiao Yu’er. He’s not one who is heartless, if he’s alive, he will surely speak on your behalf to Yan Nan Tian. If he’s really dead, then you son of turtles will really be in bad luck.”

Li Da Zui was stunned for a moment, and continued with a sigh, “Let’s hope he’s still alive then.”

Ha, good for Gu Ren Yu and Little Fairy!

Jean, once again, thank you so much for your translations. I enjoy following the story, and I appreciate the amount of effort you put into such high quality translations.

Aiyoh!!! Little Fairy and Gu Ren Yu!! Interesting couple!