Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    I like him, he is unconcerned with what others are thinking of him and he is not distracted from his original aim. XYE rocks! (but still I kind of missed HWQ, I wonder what is going on with him)
    Probably HWQ is figuring out a way to save Tie Xinlan hahaha
    Somehow all of them consisting of Xiao Yu and the 2 Floral Princesses will end up meeting Wei Wu Ya the rat.....It could be all becoz of Tie Xinlan.......

and the end to chap 98.....

Herbalist Hu was initially happily standing next to the exit, just waiting to leave this cave and he’ll be able to get the antidote. Once he heard Xiao Yu’er’s words, he only felt his legs go weak, unable to stand at all. His hands leaning on the side of the cave, he stared dumbly at Xiao Yu’er and kept panting, and suddenly asked breathlessly, “I… I feel that something’s not… not right, I’m afraid the poison… poison has taken effect.”

Su Ying asked, “Is he the one who poisoned you?” Herbalist Hu nodded his head vigorously.

Su Ying rolled her eyes and asked, “How did that poison taste like?”

Herbalist Hu said with a piteous look, “Salty, wet, and a little… a little smelly.”

Su Ying suddenly laughed, “He’s just deliberately scaring you, that is most certainly not poison. You thought the poison had taken effect earlier because it’s all your own imagination playing tricks on you.”

Herbalist Hu was stunned, “If it’s not poison, what is it?”

Su Ying laughed, “I don’t know what it is either, for all you know it’s a dirt ball he rubbed from his feet.”

Herbalist Hu’s face changed between being red and pale. He suddenly turned around and like a wild dog who has just been kicked, dashed out and ran away like the wind.

His only wish is that he will never see Xiao Yu’er again in his lifetime. He’d rather meet a hundred big headed ghosts than to meet Xiao Yu’er again.

Su Ying’s gaze turned towards Tie Ping Gu and asked, “You do not wish to leave as well?”

Tie Ping Gu lowered her head, not knowing what to say.

But if she were to leave, she really does not know where she should go. The world may be large but there doesn’t seem to have anywhere that she can go.

Su Ying asked, “Don’t you want to see Jiang Yu Lang again.”

Tie Ping Gu replied, “I…”

She thought that she will surely be able to say with conviction, ‘I will never see him again!’, but without knowing why, the words were at her mouth, but she just could not say it out.

Su Ying seemed to have seen through her thoughts and with a smile, said “I know you must want to see him, because even if you no longer like him, don’t you want revenge?”

Tie Ping Gu sighed, “But I don’t know how to take revenge.” She did not want to say these words initially, but without knowing why, she said them.

Su Ying continued, “Do you know why you feel so terrible now. Because you feel that he has let you down, he abandoned you, you feel that he has never taken you to heart, that’s why your heart is breaking, right?”

Tie Ping Gu was silent, because Su Ying’s words, is really what she was thinking.

Su Ying added, “If you want to take revenge, then you must make him suffer, make him think you’re the one who abandoned him, make him think that you did not take him to heart at all, by that time, he’ll come begging you like a dog.”

Tie Ping Gu lowered her head and thought for a long time, a gleam slowly filling her eyes.

Su Ying asked, “Now do you understand what I mean?”

This Su Ying is like a miniature Huang Rong, minus the martial skills.

Su Ying can only be Huang Rong wanna be since Huang Rong has many more skills other than martial arts, cooking, sign language etc. and she is much more charismatic and she has a stronger personality. Huang Rong is certainly not one of my favorite characters but even though Gu Long maybe inspired by her when writing Su Ying character, it will be highly unfair to poor Su Ying to be compared to such a legend + Huang Rong was never that knowledgeable about male female affairs.

Eliza, Huang Rong is one of my least favorite characters also, but I really was just talking about the discerning part of her character, more than anything else. Particular how Su Ying seems to have a knack for knowing what other people are thinking, and how to get around problems. I'm sure Gu Long went out of his way to not give her any other talents, specifically because he wanted to make sure she wasn't compared to HR.

New chapter~~

Chap 99

Tie Ping Gu replied, “I understand.”

Su Ying smiled and said, “Very good, as long as you follow my instructions, you need not fear that he will not look for you. The time when he comes looking for you, is the time for you to vent your anger.”

Tie Ping Gu can’t help but smile as well, but she suddenly sighed again, “But I… now I….”

Su Ying said, “You feel that you’re all alone, with nothing on you, and no one to rely one, so you’re a little afraid, right?”

Tie Ping Gu silently nodded her head.

Su Ying smiled, “Don’t you forget, you’re a very beautiful, very alluring girl, and you’re young. This is already a woman’s greatest asset. Just with that, you can put most men on the world on your palms, just with these, you will be able to hold your head high no matter where you go.”

Tie Ping Gu really lifted her head and said with a smile, “Thank you.”

She took a glance at Xiao Yu’er, as if she wanted to say something, but without saying anything, she left, left without even turning her head back.

Xiao Yu’er was stunned for a moment, and roared, “You’ve made everyone else leave, why won’t you leave?”

Su Ying replied calmly, “Leave? Why would I leave, isn’t this place very comfortable?”

Xiao Yu’er pleaded, “I beg of you, leave quickly. My head is now three times bigger than anyone else’s, if you do not leave, I may become crazy right now.”

Su Ying said nonchalantly, “If you fume at the sight of me, can’t you leave yourself?”

Xiao Yu’er was shocked for a moment, and laughed instead, “Fine, little lass, I take my hat off you. Ever since I was born, no one has been able to make me so angry, I have finally met my match.”

Su Ying did not pay attention to him, but instead started wrapping the left over food carefully, mumbling to herself, “This place is extremely damp, if the food is left here for a few more days, I’m afraid it will soon turn moldy.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “So what if it turns moldy, don’t tell me you’re thinking of taking it outside?”

Only now did Su Ying turn around and say with a smile, “Do you think the Floral Princess will be able to find Hua Wu Que immediately?”

Xiao Yu’er stared at her for a long moment, and suddenly jumped in front of her and asked, “You know that Jiang Yu Lang lied to me, so you must have seen Hua Wu Que, right?”

Su Ying sat down on the rock and crossed her legs. After staring at Xiao Yu’er for a long moment as well, she said slowly, “That’s right, I did meet him, and I know where he has gone, but I can’t tell you right now.”

Xiao Yu’er raised his voice, “Why can’t you tell me?”

Su Ying replied, “Because I’m afraid you’ll be angry.”

Xiao Yu’er spoke louder, “If I become angry then I’m an a*shole.”

Su Ying shook her head and laughed, “Because you’ll never become an a*shole, no one would suddenly become an a*shole, right?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “All right, if I become angry, I’ll do anything that you ask me to?”

Su Ying beamed and said, “All right, I’ll tell you, Hua Wu Que has gone to look for Tie Xin Lan.”

Xiao Yu’er asked hoarsely, “He went to look for Tie Xin Lan? Where would he know where Tie Xin Lan is?”

Su Ying replied, “I told him.”

Xiao Yu’er was truly surprised now and asked, “You told him? Where would you know where Tie Xin Lan is? How did you recognize her?”

Su Ying explained, “I’ve already become sworn sisters with her, don’t you know?” Xiao Yu’er’s mouth gaped open, unable to talk at all.

LOL... too funny... too cute! I love them together

XYE never fails to crack me up and SY is just adorable. I feel like I keep repeating this, but thank you ever so much for translating this novel, Jean. Without you, we will be missing out on so much fun.

I too absolutely love the sweet conversations btw SY and HWQ.

Thanks Jean for giving me the opportunity to read such a good novel. I personally think that this is the closest Gu Long got to Jin Yong.

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    Su Ying can only be Huang Rong wanna be since Huang Rong has many more skills other than martial arts, cooking, sign language etc. and she is much more charismatic and she has a stronger personality. Huang Rong is certainly not one of my favorite characters but even though Gu Long maybe inspired by her when writing Su Ying character, it will be highly unfair to poor Su Ying to be compared to such a legend + Huang Rong was never that knowledgeable about male female affairs.
    I don't agree at all, I am a big fan of Su Ying of course i will not agree. But as you say that HR had other skills but Su Ying does'nt so please pardon me for reminding u that Su Ying is an expert in medicine, she single handedly saved XYE and HWQ. As for her other skills, i don't know myself as she has just appeared in the story, we will se what other abilities she has in the future.

As for charismatic, i am sure she's not below HR and she also has a strong personality. It really requires strong personality to get what u want and not martial arts skills. And she is just doing that trying to win her man and declaring to the world that she loves him. It requires a strong character to do it.

Their conversations irritate me. Plus I do not feel the same chemistry between them as there was between XYE and TXL or even XYE and ZQ or MJ.....I know I'm supposed to buy it, but I don't.

I have a feeling though that SY just unleashed a monster in TPG....hope I'm right.

As far as I see it, I feel absolutely nothing when XYE is with TXL. The girl is boring and to me, they have zero chemistry together. All she does is cry and get XYE and HWQ in trouble.

Besides, I feel like XYE is more a brother to her. At least with Little Fairy and Murong Jiu there were sparks. I wouldn't mind at all if he does end up with Little Fairy. Just that Su Ying is still #1 on my list.

to continue....

Su Ying asked, “You have not seen Tie Xin Lan for a long time, right?”

Xiao Yu’er agreed.

Su Ying continued, “Do you know, for the past two months, Tie Xin Lan has always been with Hua Wu Que?”

Xiao Yu’er smiled, “It’s not a bad thing that they can be together. I was worrying about her, but now I can put my mind at ease. I know that Hua Wu Que has always treated her very well.”

Su Ying’s eyes gleamed, but she lowered her head and asked, “Why didn’t you ask me where Tie Xin Lan is right now?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “You can’t possibly have sent her to that rat hole?”

Su Ying replied, “That’s exactly where she is.”

The smile on Xiao Yu’er’s face froze like a rock, and then he jumped up more than thirty feet high, and landed right on the rock in front of Su Ying and roared, “You noxious lass how can you send her there.”

Su Ying replied, “She is my sister, that place is very safe, no one will bully her there.”

Xiao Yu’er fumed, “But Hua Wu Que is going there to look for her now, that big rat would not let Hua Wu Que off, you… aren’t you harming them, I… I… I…”

He was so livid that he could not say another word but he grabbed Su Ying’s hand and snarled, “If I don’t give you a good beating today, I would be letting them down.”

Su Ying said with a smile, “You said you won’t be angry, how can a great man eat his own words in front of a little lass like me.”

Xiao Yu’er was stunned, and jumped thirty feet high again.

Su Ying said gently, “Actually you need not be anxious, Hua Wu Que won’t die. Besides, he wanted to kill you, so he can’t be considered your friend. If he can’t come, then you need not be in a dilemma, right?”

Xiao Yu’er hit his own head hard and raised his voice, “Do you think you were helping me? Do you think that I’ll surely be happy when he’s dead? To tell you the truth, if Wei Wu Ya were to really kill him, I will…”

Suddenly someone was heard shouting outside, “Xiao Yu’er, where are you, can you hear me?”

That was surprisingly Hua Wu Que’s voice.

Xiao Yu’er and Su Ying were both stunned, Hua Wu Que is actually here and well, and so soon too.

Xiao Yu’er shouted, “Hua Wu Que, I am here, put a rope down and I’ll be able to go up.”

After a moment, Hua Wu Que’s head can be seen leaning in from the top, and the expression on his face was full of joy and concern.

Xiao Yu’er was beaming from ear to ear, and laughed loudly, “Good lad, we’ve not seen each other for two months and neither of us has changed.”

Hua Wu Que dropped a long rope down and said with a laugh, “I can’t see you when you’re below, come up quickly.”

Looking at the two of them, Su Ying was feeling extremely perplexed. No matter how she sees them, they don’t look like enemies who are about to fight.

Xiao Yu’er was just climbing up the rope when he jumped down again and asked her with a straight face, “Little lass named Su, you still do not wish to leave?”

Su Ying lowered her head, “You leave alone, I don’t wish to see you being killed.”

Xiao Yu’er roared, “You do not wish to see, all the more I want you to see. You do not wish to leave, all the more I want you to leave, let’s see how you can resist me.”

Su Ying retreated and asked, “You… you dare?”

Although she pretended to look very angry, but in her heart she was indescribably happy, because she knows that her hands is slowly beginning to feel Xiao Yu’er’s heart.

Hua Wu Que stood next to Princess Yao Yue with lowered head, his face has become expressionless.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

oooo

this is getting interesting
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

so, is wei wu ya *** just got pwned by yaoyue?

this is getting exciting. i wonder how Princess Yao Yue found him so fast? and i loved the XYE & SY conversations too, funny how she's the only one who ever made him mad
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

It's not Hua Wu Que. I bet its Du Jiao Jiao. Why would he/she pose as Hua Wu Que I can't possibly imagine.

haha that's not a spoiler is it?? that would be an insane plot twist.

Nonsense. It can't be Du Qiao Qiao. It only proves how powerful is Princess Yao Yue's martial arts....

Ok, this is really kind of sick, but now I wan't XYE to end up with Princess YY.....
    BTW, is she a true princess or is that just a "martial" title? I don't recall which.

she's not a true princess... she's called 宫主 (Gong Zhu), and 宫 generally means palace, while 主 means owner. But it sounds the same as Princess in mandarin.

I think some TV adaptations translated it as Princess, and I was thinking whether to stick to princess, which is not quite accurate, or use the accurate or long winded version of Palace Mistress or something along that line, which sounded quite awful and a mouthful as well. So in the end Princess won.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    she's not a true princess... she's called 宫主 (Gong Zhu), and 宫 generally means palace, while 主 means owner. But it sounds the same as Princess in mandarin.

I think some TV adaptations translated it as Princess, and I was thinking whether to stick to princess, which is not quite accurate, or use the accurate or long winded version of Palace Mistress or something along that line, which sounded quite awful and a mouthful as well. So in the end Princess won.
    Maybe you can address both Yao Yue and Lian Xing as Matriarch. It is define as a woman who is the founder or dominant member of a community or group. It also can be define as a woman who rules a family, clan or tribe. Quoted from www.dictionary.com.

Well I think this should be the most accurate translation but Princess indeed sounds better
    Last edited by Dendroid King; 02-26-07 at 10:16 AM.