Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

New chapter~

Chap 122

When Li Da Zui heard Xiao Yu’er’s words, he heaved a long sigh and mumbled, “Kindness, Kindness… the child that the ‘Ten Evils’ raised actually remembered about kindness. It seems like the Ten Evils should have changed jobs and become nannies instead.”

Suddenly he heard someone said with a laugh, “That’s right, if we have a child in future, we’ll definitely ask you to be our nanny.”

It turns out that Su Ying was following right behind, but was silent all these while.

Li Da Zui stared at her and asked, “When you have a child, who is going to have a child with you.”

Su Ying took a glance at Xiao Yu’er, lowered her head and covered her mouth with a smile, “There may be none now, but there will be in future.”

Li Da Zui laughed, “Good lad, I did not imagine that this little fish would be hooked as well, it seems that your fishing skills is quite good.”

Xiao Yu’er said icily, “Her ability to daydream is even better.”

Su Ying replied calmly, “Just take it that I’m daydreaming, all right? No matter what you say, I will listen. Anyway if I have a child, you will be his father.”

Xiao Yu’er sighed and said with a sullen face, “To meet someone like this, I must have been down on my luck for eight lifetimes.”

Li Da Zui clapped and chortled, “I did not expect Xiao Yu’er to finally meet his bane, good Miss, I must really take my hat off you, you’re really more formidable then us Ten Evils added together.” As he laughed, his face revealed a look of pain again, obviously he has affected an injured area.

Yan Nan Tian suddenly said, “A gratitude must be repaid, it is what a man must do, it’s good that you stay here as well.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Then what about you?”

Yan Nan Tian replied, “I’ll wait for you at the top of the mountain. They would have found Hua Wu Que by now, you’d better hurry there as well.”

Xiao Yu’er said with a bitter smile, “Since I’ve already promised you, I’ll even crawl my way there if I have to.”

Yan Nan Tian replied, “Very good!” As soon as he said these two words, he walked out with large strides.

Li Da Zui looked at his broad back disappearing into the darkness and can’t help but heave a long sigh, “This person is really straight to the point, he really lives up to the name of a true man.”

Su Ying smiled and said, “I think you’re a true man as well.”

Li Da Zui was stunned and asked, “Me?” Su Ying replied, “Amongst the Ten Evils, only you can be considered a true man, but a pity that your taste is different from others, or else you could have been great friends with Hero Yan.”

Li Da Zui laughed loudly, “Good, good, good, there’s actually such a beautiful woman who would say that I’m a true man, my death would not have been in vain then. It’s a pity that I won’t be able to see your Little Xiao Yu’er.”

Xiao Yu’er smiled bitterly, “I did not expect that Uncle Li cannot be praised as well. Someone only need to flatter him a little and immediately he’s standing on that person’s side against me.”

Li Da Zui stared at him, “Against you? Let me tell you, to be able to get a woman like her, is your greatest luck. If not for the fact that I’m half dead, I would have fought with you for her.”

Xiao Yu’er grinned, “Maybe my taste will change to be the same as Uncle Li in future, and eat her up in the middle of the night.”

Li Da Zui’s eyes revealed a look of pain again, as if he does not wish to hear anyone else bring up this matter.

Xiao Yu’er is a very smart person, he observed his expression and immediately changed the topic, “Su Ying, if you really want Uncle Li to be your son’s nanny, then you should treat Uncle Li’s injuries quickly.”

Li Da Zui was stunned, “You want her to treat me?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Don’t Uncle Li know? Besides day dreaming, this lass is quite good in healing others.”

Li Da Zui suddenly chortled, “And I thought you’re a smart person, but you’re actually an idiot.”

awww...this part is sweet and funny

An idiot? Is he already dieing? *sniff* I want at least one of them to live! Well, I think that LDZ just thinks his injuries are incureable but SY surprises him and actually cures him... then he praises her!
    I am so glad SY and XYE are finally here! Yay!
    I can't say I like YNT though.
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

to continue......

Xiao Yu’er said, “You… you do not wish to let her…” Li Da Zui interrupted him, “Let me ask you, have you ever seen me trying to act as a hero? Pretend to be a good man?” He shook his head, and continued, “No, never, I’ve always been someone who is afraid to die. If my injury can still be treated, I would have knelt down and begged her long ago.”

Su Ying asked gently, “At least let me have a look.” Li Da Zui stared at her, “Look at what? Don’t I know how serious my own injuries are? Do you think I’m an idiot as well?”

Xiao Yu’er and Su Ying looked at each other, and they knew that he has no intention of living anymore. The two of them exchanged looks, and knew what they want to do.

Li Da Zui suddenly smiled and said, “If you really think that you must repay my kindness to you, there is a way to do it.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “What way?”

Li Da Zui said with a laugh, “I’m so hungry that I’m feeling faint now, think of a way to give me a good meal. I heard that there’s not even a restaurant on the road to hell, if I have to go and meet the King of Hell on an empty stomach, that’s not going to be a very nice feeling.”

Xiao Yu’er was stunned for a moment, and scratched his head with a smile, “It’s really not going to be easy to find human flesh around here. I think I can only ask Uncle Li to make do, and take a chunk of my thigh as snack then.”

Li Da Zui glared at him and said, “Human flesh? Who said anything about asking you to give me human flesh?”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “You… you’re not eating human flesh?” Li Da Zui replied, “Even if human flesh is the world’s greatest cuisine, I’ve eaten it for decades, and have long been sick of it.”

He spat on the ground and added, “To tell you the truth, I feel nauseous once I think of human flesh now.”

Only now was Xiao Yu’er truly stunned.

Li Da Zui laughed, “Did you really think I like eating human flesh? To tell you the truth, I ate human flesh just to scare people.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Scare people?”

Li Da Zui replied, “Do you know why Du Jiao Jiao, Ha Ha’er and the rest have always been a little afraid of me? There’s no other reason, but because I eat humans! A person who eats humans will always instill fear in others.”

Xiao Yu’er scratched his head, not knowing whether to cry or to laugh.

Li Da Zui suddenly sighed and said, “ A person living in this world, is it for evil? Or for good? That boundary is really strange and as to why I became one of the Ten Evils, it’s also because of a random thought.”

He asked with a laugh, “Can you guess how I became one of the Ten Evils?”

Xiao Yu’er shook his head, “I can’t guess why.”

Li Da Zui’s eyes stared into the darkness and said slowly, “I’ve been greedy since young, even those things that the Cantonese does not dare to eat, I’ll eat them. But no one has ever eaten human flesh, and I kept wondering what human flesh would taste like.”

He laughed, and added, “It would have been better if I did not think about this, but the more I thought about it the more curious I became. One day, after I killed someone, I finally can’t help but cook his flesh. I found that the taste is just so-so, although it’s a little more tender than horse flesh, but it’s more sour than horse flesh, and it’s a must to add more spring onions and ginger as marinate.”

Xiao Yu’er can’t help but ask, “Since human flesh doesn’t taste that great, why do you still want to eat it?”

Li Da Zui replied, “When I was eating human flesh, someone suddenly saw me. This person was originally my rival, and his martial arts is a little better than mine, but once he saw me eating a human, his face immediately turned ashen and he turned around and left. When he saw me in future, he would immediately run away in fright, and dare not even look me up for a fight.”

He laughed again and continued, “Only then did I realize that eating human flesh can instill fear in others, and after I found out this reason, I suddenly took a liking to eating humans.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Could it be that you… you like others to fear you?”

Li Da Zui explained, There are many types of people in the world. Some are especially likable, some are especially hateful and since I can’t be likable and I do not wish to be hated, so I can only make others fear me.”

He added with a laugh, “To be able to instill fear in others, is not a bad thing either, so I no longer find the taste of human flesh sour.”

Xiao Yu’er was stunned with what he heard, and he can only smile bitterly, and sigh.

He wanted to ask, “Why do you want to eat the flesh of your own wife then?” But he did not, because he has no wish to upset Li Da Zui again.

Is it me or do someone else find this a bit sad?

Thanks So much Jean

Keep on going Jean.
    We're almost there!

I guess you understand his story more, but I still find Li Dai Zui hatable... Eating people so others would feel him? Totally despicable xD
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

Hmmm....actually the way you worded it, I can understand his reasoning!!!

to continue....

Li Da Zui continued, “Over the years, I’ve been secretly cooking pork alone to stave my hunger, but I dare not let others see it. It’s like a monk eating meat secretly, the more secretive it is, the more delicious it feels.”

He added with a chortle, “But now I do not have to eat it secretly. You better give me a good treat of braised pig’s trotters, meaty with a thick skin, with oil oozing out from the mouth with one bite.”

There are no delicacies in a small town, but there will always be braised pig’s trotters. Pig’s trotters which are three kilos heavy, Li Da Zui actually ate two in one sitting. Luckily they booked a room in the inn and had their meal in there, or else other people would have thought that they are hungry ghosts reincarnated.

Halfway through the meal, Xiao Yu’er found an excuse to pull Su Ying aside and asked quietly, “When you helped him in earlier, did you check out his injuries?”

Su Ying sighed, “His injuries are really quite serious. He broke at least ten of his ribs, and there are five other injured areas on his body. If not for his robust physique, he would have been dead long ago.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “I’m only asking you if there’s still a way to save him?”

Su Ying replied, “If he is willing to listen to me and take care of himself properly, I guarantee that I will be able to save him, but I’m afraid…” She heaved a long sigh and added, “If he does not have the will to live, then no one can save him”

Xiao Yu’er chewed his lips and said, “I really do not understand. He’s always been someone who can take things lightly, why would he suddenly wish to die?”

Su Ying said calmly, “When a person is about to die, he will remember all that he’s done in his life. There’s not a lot of people in the world who can still have a clear conscience at a time like this.”

Xiao Yu’er sighed, “That’s right, he must have regretted the things he has done in his life, so he wants death as an escape, wants death as a way to show his repentance.”

Su Ying said quietly, “At a time like this, it’s very rare if a person can take matters of life and death lightly, that’s why I said he is indeed a true man.”

Right at this time, they suddenly saw someone behaving surreptitiously behind the wall outside the courtyard looking at them. Xiao Yu’er rolled his eyes and said calmly, “Uncle Li has been good to me, and now that he ended up like this, naturally I will be in a bad temper and want to find someone to vent my anger on. Now I finally found one.” As he spoke, he suddenly flew over. The person hiding behind the wall obviously got a shock, but he had no intention of running away. Instead he bowed and smiled, “I’ve long known that Brother Yu is a lucky man, no matter what calamity befalls him, he will surely be able to turn his luck. Now that I see that you have really escaped from danger, I am really overjoyed.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Since when have a rabbit like you become such a good talker.” It turns out that this person is Herbalist Hu. Xiao Yu’er wanted to find someone to vent his anger, but once he heard him flattering him so well, he can’t seem to find his anger anymore.

Herbalist Hu replied, “Since that day when you spared my life, I’ve been wanting to find you to express my gratitude, and today I’ve finally gotten my wish.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Since that is the case, why didn’t you come over when you saw us? What are you doing hiding here furtively instead!” He suddenly paused and asked, “Where is that Miss Tie Ping Gu?” Herbalist Hu seemed stunned, and muttered, “I… I’m not very sure.”

Xiao Yu’er furrowed his brows, “The two of you escaped together, if you’re not sure then who is!”

Herbalist Hu lowered his head, and stammered with a condescending smile, “She… she seems to be in the vicinity, but… but…”

Xiao Yi’er grabbed his collar and said furiously, “What are you up to? Tell me honestly quickly, if you’re trying to play tricks in front of me, is akin to selling the Hundred Surname Book in front of Confucius’s door.” The expression on Herbalist Hu’s face changed, and he was so nervous he couldn’t say a word.

Su Ying said gently, “We can talk things over nicely, why must you be so fierce towards him!”

Xiao Yu’er exclaimed, “You say that I’m fierce, if this lad didn’t do anything bad, why would he be so afraid. I think he may very well have sold that lady.”

Herbalist Hu said with a bitter look, “She… she only asked me to delay the two of you for a while, but what is it about, I do not know as well.”

Xiao Yu’er glared and exclaimed, “She asked you to delay us!”

Herbalist Hu replied, “That’s right.”

Xiao Yu’er exclaimed angrily again, “What fart, I don’t believe you. You and Tie Ping Gu have never been on the same side, why would you listen to her.”

Su Ying blinked and said, “How do you know they’re not on the same side, for all you know they may…” Xiao Yu’er suddenly raised his voice, “Then, why would she tell him to come and delay us? What is she trying to hide from us!”

Su Ying chewed on her lips and said calmly, “Do you think, that she has some relation with Uncle Li?”

Xiao Yu’er said, “What relation could they possibly have?”

to continue....

Su Ying replied, “Wasn’t Uncle Li’s wife surnamed Tie as well?”

Xiao Yu’er’s heart lurched, and suddenly remembered that in the past whenever Tie Ping Gu hears ‘Valley of Evil’, or hears the name ‘Li Da Zui’, her expression would change immediately. He remembered as well that Tie Ping Gu once asked him the way to the Valley of Evil, as if she wanted to go to the Valley of Evil. Did she want to go there to find Li Da Zui? Once he thought of this, Xiao Yu’er did not say anything else, but jumped up and ran into the courtyard. Before he could reach the door, he could hear sobbing coming out from their room.

Once Xiao Yu’er heard it he knows it must be Tie Ping Gu’s cries. He dashed in immediately and saw Li Da Zui sitting woodenly on the chair, the expression on his face filled with pain and sadness. Tie Ping Gu is on the ground next to him sobbing, in her hands a sharp knife, but by now she has loosened her grip on the knife and it is almost falling out of her hand.

Xiao Yu’er was stunned, and asked hoarsely, “What is this all about? Tie Ping Gu, do you know Uncle Li!”

Tie Ping Gu was crying so hard she couldn’t talk, but Li Da Zui laughed bitterly, “When she knew me, I’m afraid you weren’t even born yet.” Xiao Yu’er was startled, “Oh? Could it be that she is… is…” He took a look at Li Da Zui, and took a look at Tie Ping Gu, and couldn’t continue with his sentence, because even he would not believe what he wants to say.

Li Da Zui heaved a long sigh and said quietly, “She is my daughter.”

Only now was Xiao Yu’er truly stunned.

He wanted to ask, “Didn’t you eat your daughter and your wife?” But at a time and place like this, how can he ask such a question.

However Li Da Zui saw through his intention, and sighed, “The world all thinks that Li Da Zui has eaten his wife and daughter, and these twenty years I have never denied it, until today… Hai, I have no choice but to reveal the truth today, or else I’m afraid I would not rest in peace even after I’ve become a ghost.”

There seem to be a trace of anger in his voice, as if he had been bearing with him a great disservice, tolerating great pain. Su Ying quietly closed the door and gave him a cup of tea.

Li Da Zui said, “Old Hero Tie loves talent as much as his life, and married his daughter to me, hoping that I will change for the better. I’ve always been very grateful for his kind intentions, but… but…” He gritted his teeth and continued, “But his daughter hated me to the core, and thinks that I’m an insult to her, so she actually had a dubious relationship with her Junior Brother secretly. When I found out about this, naturally I was angry and troubled, but on the account of Old Hero Tie’s kindness to me, I had hoped that she will change. As long as they stop doing anything shameless secretly, I will not spread the news of their shameless acts.”

The muscles at the side of his mouth kept twitching, he gritted his teeth and continued, “But who would have expected that not only did she not listen to my advice, she called me a living turtle, and told me not to interfere in her affairs. In my anger, I killed her and cooked her to vent the anger that I felt!”

Su Ying asked, “Since there are so many twists to this matter, why have you never spoken up about this?”

Li Da Zui replied, “Firstly it’s because I was considering Old Hero Tie’s reputation, and I can’t bear to see him shamed and upset. Secondly it’s also for my own reputation.” He smiled sadly and continued, “Think about it, if those in the martial arts realm find out that Li Da Zui’s wife has a lover, how can I stay on. I’d rather be hated than to be laughed at.”

Su Ying lowered her head, naturally speechless, because she understands very well the feelings of people like Li Da Zui, and also felt sad with what he has encountered.

Li Da Zui continued, “After I killed her, I know as well that there’s no way I can stay on in the martial arts realm, Tie Wu Shuang would certainly want to rip me into pieces, so I have no choice but to run to the Valley of Evil by night, but…” He took a look at Tie Ping Gu and said quietly, “But I have no wish of letting my daughter grow up in a place like that, that’s why I gave her to someone else. My only wish is that she will grow up safely, and spend the rest of her life peacefully.”

Ah, so LDZ also has a sad background. I still think it's disgusting to be a cannibal, but at least it's more understandable now.

Thanks for the wonderful translation, Jean. Can't seem to thank you enough and it's what I keep repeating. Hope you don't mind.

end of chapter....

Xiao Yu’er can’t help but ask, “Who did you give her to?” Li Da Zui replied with hatred, “I had thought that person is my friend, but who would have expected… hai, a person like me will never have friends!”

Tie Ping Gu suddenly blurted out in tears, “That couple tortured me day and night, saying that I’m Li Da Zui’s daughter, I’m a bad egg, so I escaped when I was very young.”

Li Da Zui said sadly, “That you’re able to go to Floral Palace, is also a silver lining.”

Tie Ping Gu said with tears streaming, “Later I hear others talk about Li… Li…” Su Ying asked gently, “You heard others talking about Li Da Zui’s story, and you thought that your mother and sisters have been eaten up by Uncle Li, and you suffered so much because of Uncle Li, that’s why you’ve always hated your father. You think that not only has he harmed your mother, but you as well.”

Tie Ping Gu is sobbing so much that she can’t say another word.

Li Da Zui said sadly, “That’s why, even if she wants to kill me today, I won’t blame her, because she… she…” As he spoke he can’t help but weep as well.

Xiao Yu’er suddenly raised his voice and said, “Today is the day you and your daughter is reunited, and the misunderstanding is cleared, we should all be happily celebrating, why is everyone crying instead?”

Li Da Zui suddenly banged the table and shouted as well, “What Xiao Yu’er said is right. We should all be happy today, no one is allowed to cry anymore.”

Herbalist Hu made his way over, as if he’s thinking of wiping her tears.

Who would have expected that Tie Ping Gu would immediately look stern and said, “Who asked you to come over, stand further away!” Herbalist Hu’s face reddened, and he really scurried to stand at a side.

Xiao Yu;er and Su Ying exchanged a look and smiled, and Su Ying said, “It seems that there’s more cause for celebrations today, we’re going to have double happiness today.”

Li Da Zui took a look at Herbalist Hu, took another look at his daughter and said, “This is…” Herbalist Hu blushed and lowered his head, “Junior’s family name is Hu, I’m Herbalist Hu.”

Li Da Zui mumbled, “Herbalist Hu, is it possible that you’re the Herbalist in the Twelve Zodiacs?” Herbalist Hu replied, “It is Junior.”

Li Da Zui lifted his head and laughed, “I did not expect that the Twelve Zodiacs have now become my Junior, it seems that it’s not a bad thing to have a pretty daughter.”

Although Tie Ping Gu blushed and lowered her head, but she was not upset. But Herbalist Hu only dared to stand far away and look at her secretly.

Su Ying whispered, “Be more bold, it’s all right, I’ll be here to help you.”

Xiao Yu’er clapped and laughed, “It seems that those terms of endearment you said were really useful, but why have you forgotten your skills of flattery now, aren’t you going to kneel down and pay respects to your Father-in-law.”

Herbalist Hu blushed and was really about to kneel down but Tie Ping Gu’s expression became stern and he immediately stood up in fright, his face pale from the fright.

When Xiao Yu’er thought of the sufferings that Tie Ping Gu had endured, the heartlessness that Jiang Yu Lang showed her, he can’t help but secretly feel happy for her now.

Herbalist Hu may be a little old, but after all the suffering that Tie Ping Gu has gone through, what she really need now is an older man to care for her gently. Older men who marry younger women will usually fear their partner out of love, and will never look down on Tie Ping Gu because of what had happened to her.

Xiao Yu’er mumbled, “It seems that Heaven has arranged the marriages of everyone, and it’s been arranged so appropriately that others need not worry too much over it.”

Su Ying smiled quietly, “That’s right, since he has arranged for me to meet you, there’s no way you can run even if you want to.”

Xiao Yu’er was about to stare at her when Li Da Zui chortled, “I’m really very happy today. Never in my life have I felt such peace like today, or such happiness. If I can die right here, right now, then my life would not have been in vain…” His voice slowly became weaker, and he really passed away with a smile.

Anyone has the idea that GL is randomly pairing and killing people?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    end of chapter....

Anyone has the idea that GL is randomly pairing and killing people?
    That is what he is famous for. Guess his XO stock must be running low at this point in the story.

Now all we need is for Yan and the 2 Princesses to hit it off.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

what a weird pairing. never thought of TPG and the Hu guy together.

oh well, these last few ch are full of unpredictable events.

Wow, Herbalist Hu and TGP? I've never thought it! So random... what's next? xD thanks for the double update Jean ^^
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

Thanks JEAN!!!

Well who else is still alive and not married ???? hahahaa

What the hell happened to Tie Ping Gu?! Last time I checked she was still basically just Jiang Yu Lang's slave. What happened in between?

I think I missed something. This doesn't make any sense...

Not a bad little segment though. But when you introduce so many characters to a story, you eventually have to try and tie them all up neatly somehow.

this is starting to remind me of the TVB series trying to wrap up with a happy ending

Jeeze. I can only say, 'Wow'. I think CC's comment about the XO running out hit the spot!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!