Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

new chapter....

Chap 123

Tie Ping Gu and Herbalist Hu have left with Li Da Zui’s body. Before they left, it seems that Tie Ping Gu wanted to tell Xiao Yu’er something, but stopped herself just as she was about to speak a few times. In the end she did not say anything at all. But Xiao Yu’er knows that she wanted to ask about Jiang Yu Lang’s whereabouts, but in the end she still did not ask him. Obviously her heart no longer feels for Jiang Yu Lang.

This is really one of the happiest thing that has happened to Xiao Yu’er in recent months.

Before they left, it seems that Herbalist Hu wanted to tell Xiao Yu’er something as well, but like Tie Ping Gu, he stopped himself just as he was about to speak. Xiao Yu’er also knows that he wanted to ask about Madam Bai’s whereabouts, but he did not ask him. Obviously he has shifted his feelings to Tie Ping Gu.

This also made Xiao Yu’er very happy. A loving couple can finally be together, this is the happiest thing that can happen in life.

Xiao Yu’er mumbled with a smile, “No matter what, I still can’t figure out how these two came together, this is really strange.”

Su Ying said gently, “It’s not strange at all. They met one another while in dire straits, and people’s feelings grow most easily when faced with danger. Besides, they’ve both been hurt, and in similar situation, thus feelings will grow most easily.” She smiled, lowered her head and added, “You and me, didn’t we became closer when faced with danger?”

Xiao Yu’er wrinkled his nose at her and said, “You are close to me, but whether I’m close to you, that’s not for sure yet.”

Su Ying smiled, “Don’t you forget, this is Heaven’s arrangement!”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Don’t be too smug, don’t forget your love rival has not appeared yet, for all you know…” He had wanted to make fun of Su Ying, but once he mentioned Tie Xin Lan, he thought of Hua Wu Que, and his heart seems to shiver, and he can’t be bothered to talk any further.

Su Ying’s expression became serious as well, and after a whole, she sighed and said, “It seems like the battle between you and Hua Wu Que, is something that cannot be avoided.”

Xiao Yu’er sighed as well, and agreed.

Su Ying asked, “Are you thinking of ways to delay it again.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Umm.”

He suddenly lifted his head and stared at Su Ying, “How do you know what I’m thinking?” Su Ying replied nonchalantly, “This is called connection of the heart.” Her sweet smile was on her face for only a second, and she furrowed her brows again, “Have you thought of a plan?”

Xiao Yu’er sat down lazily and said, “Don’t worry, I always have a plan.”

Su Ying said gently, “I know as well that you’ll certainly have a plan, but even if you can think of an ever better plan than what you thought of in the past, what is the use?”

Xiao Yu’er stared at her, “Who said it’s of no use?”

Su Ying sighed, “Even if you can delay it, but you need to settle the matter sooner or later. The Floral Princesses will never let you off. Look, when they were in the cave, they seemed to be slowly warming up to you, but once we left that cave, their attitude changed immediately.”

Xiao Yu’er replied with hatred, “Actually I’ve known long ago that they will surely make use of me then.”

Su Ying replied, “Therefore you will have to duel with Hua Wu Que sooner or later, unless…” Su Ying looked at him with gentle eyes, and said slowly, “Unless we go far, far away now, find a nice, scenic place and live in solitude, never seeing anyone, never be bothered with anyone again.”

Xiao Yu’er was silent for a moment, and he replied loudly, “No, I can never run away. If you want me to live in hiding all my life, I might as well die. Besides, there is Uncle Yan… I’ve made a promise to him!”

Su Ying sighed sadly, “I know as well that you’ll refuse to do this, but once you and Hua Wu Que duel, then one of you must die! Isn’t that so?”

Xiao Yu’er’s gaze focused in the distance, and mumbled, “That’s right, once we duel, then one of us must die…” He suddenly smiled at Su Ying and said, “But if one of us were to die, then the problem would be solved, right?”

Su Ying suddenly felt a shiver, and she stammered, “You… can you bear to kill him?”

Xiao Yu’er closed his eyes, not speaking.

Is XY thinking of killing himself. I think that is a possibility. Honorable people do that all the time.

Naaa... He'll just pretend to die.

The question is how? Pretending to fall off a cliff is probably the easiest way to pull it off.

haha he's already done that earlier in the novel too...maybe he could pull it off again

to continue....

Su Ying said quietly, “I know that the outcome of your duel has nothing much to do with your level of martial arts. The question is the one who can be more hard hearted, will win…” She suddenly grabbed Xiao Yu’er’s hands tightly and said, “I only beg one thing of you.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “You’re begging me to marry you?”

Su Ying chewed on her lips and said, “I only beg that you promise me, don’t let Hua Wu Que kill you. You must not die no matter what!”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “What if I must die?”

Su Ying shivered, and said, “Then… then I can only die with you…” Two rows of tears flowed slowly down her eyes, and she looked at Xiao Yu’er in a daze and said, “But I do not wish to die, I want to live on together with you, live a hundred years, a thousand years. I think we will definitely live very, very happily together.”

Xiao Yu’er looked at her, his gaze revealing gentleness as well! Su Ying added, “As long as you can live, it doesn’t matter what I have to do.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “What if you’re asked to die?”

Su Ying replied, “If my death can save you, then I’ll die immediately…” Her words were so determined, spoken without any thought at all. Xiao Yu’er pulled her over and said gently, “Don’t you worry, we won’t die, we will certainly carry on living…” He looked out the window at the sky and suddenly laughed, “We can at least live happily for another day, why must we think of death?”

A day may be a short time, but to people in love, the sweetness of one day is enough to let them forget countless pain…

Night.

The surrounding silence, everyone seems to have fallen asleep. At a temple embraced by the mountains, most people would be able to appreciate the joy of silence. But to Hua Wu Que, this silence does not feel good at all.

Almost everyone is here, Tie Zhan and his friends, the Murong sisters and their husbands, the Floral Princesses… Hua Wu Que only felt perplexed why he could not hear their voices. Maybe they have no wish to disturb hi, to let him have a good rest so that he can face the great battle tomorrow. But why aren’t they talking? Now the only thing he wish for is someone to talk with, but who can he look for to talk? Who can he share his concerns with? The wind blew against the paper window, as if the wind is crying as well.

Hua Wu Que sat there quietly, what is he thinking about? Thinking of Tie Xin Lan? Or thinking of Xiao Yu’er? No matter who Hua Wu Que is thinking of, it will only be filled with pain.

The lamp in the room is not lighted, on the table there’s still the bottle of wine that he did not finish. He sighed quietly, and was about to take a wine cup when the door was suddenly pushed open gently. A weak looking person, looking like a spirit walked in. It’s Tie Xin Lan! In the darkness, her face looked so pale but her eyes were so frighteningly bright, like a flame burning in her heart. Her hands were shaking, it seems that she’s extremely nervous. Why is this so? Could it be that she has made a decision to do a terrible thing! Hua Wu Que looked at her in shock, unable to speak for a long time. Tie Xin Lan gently closed the door, and looked at him quietly. Why are her eyes so bright, so frighteningly bright.

After a long, long while, Hua Wu Que sighed and said, “You… is anything the matter?” Tie Xin Lan shook her head.

Hua Wu Que replied, “Then you… you should not have come.” Tie Xin Lan nodded her head.

Hua Wu Que seemed to have been shocked by the fire in her eyes, and for a moment does not know what to say either. He just picked up the wine flask but put it down again, picked up the wine cup for a drink, but he forgot that there’s no wine in the cup.

Suddenly Tie Xin Lan said, “I’ve always wanted to treat you as my elder brother, but now I know I’m wrong. Because the feelings I have for you, are no longer the feelings between siblings, so why must we continue to lie to ourselves?” It seems that she has said these words countless times, and now that she is determined to say it out loud, she said it all at one go, without a moment of hesitation.

But once Hua Wu Que heard her words, he can’t even hold on to his wine cup properly. He never imagined that Tie Xin Lan would say these words to him, although the feelings he has for Tie Xin Lan, and the feelings Tie Xin Lan has for him, they’re both very clear on that. But they think that this is their deepest secret, which will never be said out loud. They think that until they die, this secret will stay with them in the deepest corner of their hearts.

Tie Xin Lan stared at him, her gaze never leaving, and continued calmly, “I know your feelings for me, is definitely not that of a brotherly nature, right?” Her eyes is bright, so bright that it can shine into his heart. There is no way Hua Wu Que can hide, and he can only lower his head, “But I… I…”

Tie Xin Lan asked, “You’re not? Or you do not dare to say it?”

oh, hwq should just blurt it out and get it over with...
    these two are so indecisive!

on the other hand, loving the sweet scene b/t xye and sy. my fav couple!

thanks for keeping this up, jean.

Ermm, the last time Tie Xin Lan was with both Xiao Yuer and HWQ, wasn't she still indecisive between the 2?

So she decided to switch and play safe after seeing Su Ying?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Ermm, the last time Tie Xin Lan was with both Xiao Yuer and HWQ, wasn't she still indecisive between the 2?

So she decided to switch and play safe after seeing Su Ying?
    Wouldn't you?

I mean, let's say you were in love with two hot girls. Both of'm seem to dig you, but one seems to be taken. What's the next step?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Wouldn't you?

I mean, let's say you were in love with two hot girls. Both of'm seem to dig you, but one seems to be taken. What's the next step?
    KILL the intruder and keep whats rightfully mine?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I surrender to your compelling argument.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    KILL the intruder and keep whats rightfully mine?

That would be in a Jin Yong novel (LMC)
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

to continue....

Hua Wu Que heaved a long sigh and said dejectedly, “Maybe it’s because I can’t say it.”

Tie Xin Lan asked, “Why can’t you? You have to say it sooner or later, so why not say it sooner and spare us both the pain.” She chewed so hard on her trembling lips, that a faint trace of blood can be seen.

Hua Wu Que replied, “Some words may be better left unsaid.”

Tie Xin Lan smiled sadly, “That’s right, I did not want to say it either, but now I have no choice but to say it, because if I don’t say it now, I’ll never have the chance to say it again.”

Hua Wu Que’s heart tightened, he reprimanded himself, why didn’t he have Tie Xin Lan’s courage? He should be the one who say these words.

Tie Xin Lan replied, “I know you’re doing this because of Xiao Yu’er. I had thought that if we did this, we’re letting him down, but now I understand, such things cannot be forced. Besides, I don’t owe him anything at all.”

Hua Wu Que nodded his head quietly, then said, “It’s not your fault…” Tie Xin Lan replied, “It’s not your fault either, Heaven did not dictate who must fall in love with who.” Hua Wu Que suddenly lifted his head and looked at her. He realized that her irises were darker than the sea, his body started shaking, and slowly he is losing control of himself.

Tie Xin Lan replied, “Tomorrow, you will be in a life and death duel with him, I’ve thought about it for a long, long time and am determined to tell you what I feel. As long as you know my feelings, everything else doesn’t matter.”

Hua Wu Que can’t help but hold her hands and stammered, “I… I… I’m very grateful to you, you did not have to treat me so nicely.”

Tie Xin Lan suddenly beamed, and said “I should be treating you nicely. Don’t you forget, we’re already married, I’m already your wife.”

Hua Wu Que looked at her in a daze, her hands have moved silently up to his face, gently caressing his cheeks which has been getting thinner day by day… a drop of tear landed on her hand, like a clear pearl.

And then, the drop of pearl shattered… The wind was still blowing against the window paper, but it does not sound like weeping anymore.

Hua Wu Que and Tie Xin Lan leaned against each other quietly. This cast darkness and silence, isn’t it a gift from Heaven to lovers?

Love is a strange flower. It does not need sunlight, or rain. In the darkness, it blooms even more prettily instead.

But the paper window slowly became white, the long night is finally going to be over.

Hua Wu Que looked at the rising sun outside the window, and did not speak. He knows that the only happiness he has experienced in his life, is slowly ending with the coming of dawn. Light, may bring to others endless hope, but the only thing that it brings to him now, is pain.

Hua Wu Que said with a sad smile, “Tomorrow morning, the sun will still rise, nothing else will change.”

Tie Xin lan asked, “But what about us?” She suddenly hugged Hua Wu Que tightly and said gently, “No matter what, we’re still together now. Compared to him, we’re still fortunate. To be able to live until now, we have nothing to complain about, isn’t that so?”

Hua Wu Que felt a stab of pain in his heart and heaved a long sigh, “That’s right, we’re really a lot more fortunate than him, he…”

Tie Xin Lan continued, “He really is a pitiful person. In his whole life, he has never really experienced any happiness. He has no parents, no relatives, always treated coldly by others, laughed and scolded at by others. I’m afraid not a lot of people will cry for him, because everyone knows that he is a bad person…” Her words gradually became chocked, and she almost could not continue talking.

Hua Wu Que lowered his head and looked at Tie Xin Lan. In Xiao Yu’er’s life, Tie Xin Lan could at least have been the one who loves him wholeheartedly, but now Tie Xin Lan lowered her head as well and said, “I… I only wish to beg you of one thing, I wonder if you will agree?”

Hua Wu Que forced out a smile, “Why would I not agree?”

Tie Xin Lan’s gaze focused hazily into the distance, “I think that if he were to die now, he would not die in peace, so…” She suddenly reverted her eyes and stared at Hua Wu Que, saying each word clearly, “I only beg that you do not kill him, no matter what, you cannot kill him?”

In that instant, all the blood in Hua Wu Que’s body seemed to have suddenly froze! He wanted to scream, “You’re begging me not to kill him, don’t you know that if I do not kill him, he will kill me! For him to live, you’re willing to let me die? Did you come here tonight just to beg this of me?”

But Hua Wu Que will never say words like these, he’d rather that he is the one hurt, then to hurt others, and all the more he has no wish to hurt the one that he loves.

He only gave a bitter smile and said, “Even if you did not plead with me, I will not kill him.”

Tie Xin Lan stared at him, her gaze full of gentleness, but also full of pity and pain, and even with a trace of respect that the felt from the bottom of her heart. But she did not say anything else, only a quiet, “Thank you.”

The sun has not yet fully risen, the cream colored morning light permeated the land and mountain, the morning breeze brought with it the exciting fragrance of wood and grass.

Xiao Yu’er took a deep breath, lowered his head and mumbled, “Today seems to be a good day. Who would want to die with such weather?”

Su Ying leaned against him and on seeing his dejected look, can’t help but reveal a trace of pity in her gaze. She gently caressed his hair, thinking of words that she can say to comfort him.

Suddenly a person can be heard saying solemnly, “When highly skilled people duel, the one with a troubled heart will surely lose. Since you understand this, then you should calm your heart down. You must know that this battle is extremely important, you can only win and not lose.”

Last edited by Jean; 09-11-07 at 02:09 AM.

why did TXL ask HWQ not to kill XYE?!

i mean, i dont think she should hope that one wud win over the other.. or perhaps even hope HWQ wins..

on another note: they both have such troubled hearts that both are gonna duel with the hope of losing.. this is gonna be another GL descriptive of why they shudnt duel

Thanks Jean

I hope your dog is doing better than before.
    Last edited by little Fish; 09-10-07 at 10:03 PM. Reason: saying thanks

wow, so TXL still like XYE? Poor HWQ, I feel so bad for him. Seems like his brother is getting all the limelight. With that being said, XYE is still my favorite character. Heheh. Thank you so much for translating Jean. You're the best [:
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

You're wrong.

She asked Hua Wu Que not to kill Xiao Yu because she knows Xiao Yu would never kill Hua Wu Que.

to continue.....

Without seeing who it is, Xiao Yu’er already knew that it is Yan Nan Tian who has arrived, and he can only lower his head and answer, “Yes.”

Yan Nan Tian’s stout figure looked like the god of the mountains descending from Heaven in the hazy fog. His burning eyes stared at Xiao Yu’er, “Have you settled all your affairs?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Yes.” He suddenly lifted his head again and said, “But there is still one person whose gratitude I have not repaid.”

Yan Nan Tian asked, “Who?”

“It’s Wan Chun Liu, Uncle Wan.” Yan Nan Tian’s stern gaze revealed a trace of warmth, and said, “That you have such a thought, is already enough to repay his kindness towards you. But rain nurtures all creatures, not because it expect the creatures to repay him, as long as the creatures grow and live abundantly, he is already satisfied.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “I only want to know where he is now? Is he healthy?”

“You want to see him!”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Yes.”

Yan Nan Tian gave a slight smile and said, “Very good, he’s also waiting to see you…” Xiao Yu’er asked joyously, “Is he nearby?”

Yan Nan Tian replied, “He just arrived yesterday.”

“Su Ying had long wanted to meet this kind and skilled miracle healer as well.”

A priest wearing a long yellow robe stood under an ancient pine tree, his clothes billowing in the wind, looking grand and out of this world, his expression inexplicably calm and serene. Xiao Yu’er was shocked and overjoyed, and had already leapt over. He had a lot of things he wanted to say, but at that instant he felt as if something is stuck in his throat and he could not utter even one sentence.

Wan Chun Liu’s calm expression also revealed a look of excitement. They have been separated for so many years and now that they can still reunite at this place, they really feel a sense of sadness and joy.

Yan Nan Tian can’t help but weep over this as well, and suddenly said, “It’s almost dawn, I have to go.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “I…” Yan Nan Tian answered, “You can stay here for the time being.”

He continued with a solemn expression, “Because you’re still not in a calm state of mind, it’s not a suitable time for you to fight now.”

Wan Chun Liu pointed out, “But it’s not good to wait too long as well, a long wait will cause confusion too.”

Yan Nan Tian replied, “Then I shall make an appointment with them at the third watch after noon!” As soon as he said the last word, he has disappeared amongst the white fog and cloud.

Wan Chun Liu looked at Xiao Yu’er, and looked at Su Ying, and said with a smile, “Actually I should have gone as well, but the two of you will still have a long time to talk in future, but I…”

Xiao Yu’er furrowed his brows, “What about you?”

Wan Chun Liu sighed and said, “Besides wanting to take a look at you, there’s nothing left in this world that I will miss.”

Xiao Yu’er was silent for a moment, then suddenly turned towards Su Ying with a stern expression and said, “Two men are talking together, must you stay by the side and look?”

Su Ying rolled her eyes and replied, “Then I’ll just take a walk outside.”

Wan Chun Liu looked as she walked further away, and said with a smile, “It seems that the wild horse is finally going to be tamed.”

Xiao Yu’er pouted, “She can forget about trying to rule me in this lifetime, only I will rule her. If not for the fact that she’s so obedient, I would have kicked her away long ago.”

Wan Chun Liu laughed, “Xiao Yu’er is after all still Xiao Yu’er, even though your heart as softened, but your mouth will refuse to be soft.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Who said that my heart has softened?”

Wan Chun Liu replied, “If she’s not confident about you, why would she be so willing to listen to you. If she does not know that in future you will certainly listen to her, why would she want to be obedient to you now?” He continued with a smile, “In this aspect, women are far more smarter than men, they will definitely not be at a disadvantage.”

Xiao Yu’er said with a laugh, “I’m not asking you for help on teaching ‘women’.”

Wan Chun Liu replied, “I’ve also long seen that you must have something very secretive that you want to seek my help, what is the matter then? Speak quickly, there’s no way I will be able to refuse you anyway.” His gaze was full of smiles, and he looked at Xiao Yu’er and said, “Do you still remember the last time you asked me for stinking herbs, and made those people giddy from the stench, so who are you trying to trick this time?”

When Xiao Yu’er thought of that incident, he can’t help but laugh as well. But he immediately became serious again and he lowered his voice, saying with a straight face, “This time I’m not asking you to help me play a prank, but it’s a great matter involving a life.”

Wan Chun Liu has never seen him speak so seriously before, and can’t help but ask, “What is it that is so important?”

I've Been Keeping Abreast Of Your Translation For Quite A While Now And I Must Say The Speed Of Your Translation Is Absolutely Magnificent A Far Cry From Most Other Translators And Seeing As Your Just About Done With This Novel I Was Wondering If You Had Any Plans To Translate Anything Else?Your A Hero/Savior/Messiah Of Wuxia Fans! Like Translations Done For Ode To Gallantry Takes Like 6 Months Between Updates And Swordsman Journey Takes Months Between Updates Both Great Series But No Momentum In The Translations At All Just Have To Praise You For Going Out Of Your Way To Help Supply Us Hard Up Wuxia Novel Junkies ShiShiNi!!!!!

shi-potian: thanks I have no idea if I will continue translating after this novel's done, or if I want to, what book. I may not have the momentum or the drive to do it. After all I've been translating this almost daily for more than 1.5 years now. Wow, time sure flies! I'm not sure if I can commit another 2 years to finish another novel.

anyway, to continue.....

Xiao Yu’er sighed, “I only wish…”

Within the last two months, Su Ying has grown to understand Xiao Yu’er very well. When a woman wants to understand the man that she loves, it’s not too difficult to accomplish. Usually whatever Xiao Yu’er is thinking or planning to do, Su Ying would be able to make a very good guess! Only this time, she really cannot figure out what secret would Xiao Yu’er want to tell Wan Chun Liu.

She did not want to walk too far away initially, but as she continued thinking, her eyes suddenly shone, as if she’s suddenly made a big decision. Therefore the immediately walked up the mountain hurriedly. Every inch of this mountain, she is extremely familiar with.

She was thinking in her mind, “The Floral Princesses and Hua Wu Que have already waiting in the mountains for two days, where would they be staying at?…”

Just as she was thinking about it, her eyes have told her the answer. Hidden behind the woods in front, she saw a corner of a red wall, and she knew that it is the ‘Xuan Wu Temple’ who used to be quite popular in the past, but has now become deserted. Now, it happened that there are a few people walking out from there.

These few people are very old, but they walked lightly and looked energetic. Obviously they are highly skilled martial artists, and one of them even carried a very large, weirdly shaped yet exquisite drum on his back. There is an old granny whose teeth have all dropped, but her eyes were alert, smiley, and even a little coquettish when she spoke. It can be imagined that she must have been quite flirtatious when she was young.

Su Ying did not know these people at all, and cannot recall who in the martial arts realm in the past always carried such a large drum. She only recognized one of them. That is Tie Xin Lan.

She realized that Tie Xin Lan does not look as haggard as she did a few days ago. Instead she seemed to have a strange glow on her face. Of course she will never find out what is it that caused the change in Tie Xin Lan.

She did not wish to be seen by Tie Xin Lan, and was thinking of finding a place to hide. But Tie Xin Lan’s head was lowered, as if she is feeling troubled, and did not see her at all.

These people were talking and walking up at the same time.

Su Ying could not hear what Tie Xin Lan’s group were saying, except for an old man with a face full of beard, and looked very imposing whose voice was especially loud. This old man said, “Xiao Lan, why are you still undecided, I’ll advise you to just follow Hua Wu Que wholeheartedly and forget about the rest. This lad may be a little sissy, but he can be a match to you if one’s not too particular.” Tie Xin Lan lowered her head, but who knows if she’s made any replied or not.

That old man patted her shoulder and laughed, “Little imp, why are you still pretending in front of me. Where have you been last night, did you really think that your father is old and muddle headed?” Tie Xin Lan still did not speak, but her face blushed a fiery red.

The old granny said with a laugh, “I’ve never seen a father who would tease his own daughter, I think you are really old and muddleheaded.” That bearded old man looked heavenward and chortled, as if he found this very entertaining.

Su Ying was surprised and ecstatic, so happy that she almost jumped. Listening to their conversation, Tie Xin Lan and Hua Wu Que has obviously gotten closer, and even Tie Xin Lan’s father is encouraging her to marry Hua Wu Que. This is really the happiest thing that Su Ying has heard.

Actually all the parents in the world are the same, they all hope that their daughters can marry a reliable person. If she has a daughter in future, she’d rather that her daughter marry the heir to the ‘Floral Princesses’ and not wish for her daughter to marry a kid that grew up in the ‘Valley of Evil’.

That old man laughed and said, “Since you have decided to follow Hua Wu Que, why are you still looking so troubled. Once this duel is over, I’ll marry the both of you, and you need not worry about any more changes.”

That old granny laughed as well, “Her future husband is about to fight with someone else, how can she not be worried? If it was me, I’m afraid I would be thinking of a way long ago to… to kill that little fish.”

That old man chortled, “So it seems that, whoever marries you, would have gotten himself a good helper.”

The old granny replied, “That’s right, a pity that you people don’t have such good luck.”

Another tall and skinny old man said, “From what I see, that lad Hua Wu Que is quite refined, both his internal and external skills are commendable. Obviously he is born with good genes, and later received proper teachings from a famed teacher. If that Jiang Xiao Yu is about the same age as him, his martial arts will definitely not reach the same stage. There’s no way he will lose in this battle, all of you do not have to worry for him.”

But Su Ying began to worry. She had thought that the key point in winning or losing this battle is not in the strength or weakness of martial arts. But now, the more she thought about it, the more she feels that such a thinking is not totally correct. If Xiao Yu’er’s martial arts cannot be compared to Hua Wu Que’s at all, then even if he can harden his heart, it’ll be of no use. The main point would still depend on whether Hua Wu Que can harden his heart and attack Xiao Yu’er. If the two were having a battle of wits, Xiao Yu’er will certainly win but if the two of them are fighting on brute strength, then there’s no chance at all for Xiao Yu’er. If she wants Xiao Yu’er to win this battle, not only must she tell Xiao Yu’er to harden his heart, but she must also tell Hua Wu Que not to harden his heart. But if Xiao Yu’er can harden his heart to kill Hua Wu Que, why can’t Hua Wu Que harden his heart to kill Xiao Yu’er as well. Even an ant will struggle to survive, much less a man?

“Hua Wu Que is living well, why would I think that he will seek his own death? There’s no reason for him to sacrifice himself so that someone else can live.” Su Ying sighed, suddenly realizing that she only saw the matter from one point of view, and never put herself in Hua Wu Que’s shoes to think about it.

In her eyes, Xiao Yu’er’s life is naturally more important than Hua Wu Que’s. But what about in other people’s eyes? What about in Hua Wu Que’s own eyes?

She thought about it over and over, and the more she thought the more confused she became. She felt that she has never been this confused in her whole life. Actually no matter what she’s thinking, there is only one thing that she can think of. If she wants Xiao Yu’er to live, then she must think of a way to make Hua Wu Que die! A dead person can’t kill! Su Ying waited a long time behind a tree, and saw the few sisters of the Murong family and their husbands walking out from Xuan Wu Temple.

Their eyes were a little red, they appeared a little listless, obviously they have not slept well for the past two days. Those in the martial arts realm would basically ‘treat the four seas as homes, and rest wherever they are’. But these young masters and ladies who lived in luxury can no longer be considered those in the ‘martial arts realm’. They would not be able to sleep even if their bed has been changed, much less sleeping in an isolated temple.

But they were still neatly dressed, their hair perfectly coiffed, and even their clothes were pencil straight, not even a crease to be seen. They were in a energetic discussion, and without even listening, Su Ying already knew that they must be talking about the duel between Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que. This duel is not only earth shattering, but will also definitely go down in history. That’s why they’d rather suffer here than to leave.

After this group of people walked towards the back of the mountain, Su Ying waited a long time again. But no one came out of Xuan Wu Temple, and there was no movement in there at all. Is Hua Wu Que still in Xuan Wu Temple? Are the Floral Princesses still with him? Su Ying gritted her teeth, and decided to take the risk.

She thought, before the great battle, these people came out, so maybe they want to let Hua Wu Que have a quiet rest, therefore they went up the mountain to wait. Now that Yan Nan Tian has reached the peak of the mountain, the Floral Princesses would unlikely stay here. They should at least let Hua Wu Que think of how to prepare for this battle quietly!

Although Xuan Wu Temple is almost deserted these past few years, like some big families which have fallen on hard times, they may be poor but the air of greatness will still be there. The pillars of courtyard inside the temple’s door is so tall that it seems to be reaching into the heavens, and although the sun is already up, it’s still dark and eerie inside the courtyard, the rays unable to permeate in.

Su Ying walked past the quiet courtyard, along the long corridor. The smell of incense permeated the great hall, and the gold paint on ‘Lord Xuan Wu’s’ body has long peeled away. It seems that the two generals beneath him have not enjoyed food for a long time, so they looked listless as well. As for the banner in the hall, it has turned so dusty and yellowed that no one can tell what was it’s original color. Ten odd priests sat cross legged there, their expressions slack, their mouths mumbling, and who knows if they’re chanting scriptures or scolding people.

Su Ying walked past them but they didn’t seem to have noticed her at all. Su Ying had wanted to find out some news from them, but on seeing them like this, she held herself back. Besides those with whose mind are a little abnormal, not many young girls in the world would want to befriend priests and monks.

The two rows of rooms at the back courtyard were quiet, and not even a person can be seen. Could it be that Hua Wu Que has left as well? Su Ying was still hesitating when she suddenly realized that at the bamboo woods behind the door, there were still a few houses, and these must be the abbot’s rooms.

Although the ladies of the Murong family were used to living in luxury, but in this ‘show’, Hua Wu Que is the ‘lead’, and the lead will of course have special treatment. Even though they would have liked to stay in the abbot’s room, they would still give in somewhat to Hua Wu Que.

Su Ying walked out immediately, and saw that the door to the abbot’s room was not totally closed, and is now swinging with the wind. A spider was weaving its web under the beam, a cricket at the corner of the house was calling, the leaves on the tree dropped down one by one, falling on the papered window, making ‘popping’ sounds.

But inside the house it was quiet with no sounds of human activity at all. Su Ying called out quietly, “Master Hua.”

No one replied. Could it be that Hua Wu Que has gone? And he forgot to close the door when he left.

But since Su Ying has come all the way here, she has to go in and take a look no matter what. She pushed open the door quietly, and saw that the abbot’s room was very simply decorated., and now there were two flasks of wine and a few dishes on the wooden table. It seems that the dishes have not been touched at all, but the wine has been drunk quite a lot.

At the corner of the house there was a bed, and the blanket on the bed was thrown messily about, as if a few people has slept on the bed, and had a fitful night’s sleep. Hua Wu Que has not left, he’s still in the house.

Last edited by Jean; 09-13-07 at 02:48 AM.

Please tell me HWQ didn't do himself in.......

Naaa, not his style.

I think the problem now is Su Ying. She may try to kill Hua Wu Que, or at least convince him to somehow let himself be killed during the fight. With both her and Tie Xin Lan asking him to let Xiao Yu live (and himself die) he just might do it.

:\

I'm pretty sure someone will show up to reveal the fact that they're siblings.