Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

Oh my God! Is HWQ trying to trap XYE? I really hope not... I assume Princesses saved HWQ before he was harmed by the rat.

Jean thank you so much

asdfgf

I don't agree at all, I am a big fan of Su Ying of course i will not agree. But as you say that HR had other skills but Su Ying does'nt so please pardon me for reminding u that Su Ying is an expert in medicine, she single handedly saved XYE and HWQ. As for her other skills, i don't know myself as she has just appeared in the story, we will se what other abilities she has in the future.
    Oh sorry for forgetting the medicine and also she is very well informed in setting traps (physical ones in her living quarters).. Still when compared to HR's skills (even when excluding her martial arts) she is only a pale shadow.

As for charismatic, i am sure she's not below HR and she also has a strong personality. It really requires strong personality to get what u want and not martial arts skills. And she is just doing that trying to win her man and declaring to the world that she loves him. It requires a strong character to do it.
    But even though HR too loved Guo Jing with all her heart and was certainly not afraid of admitting it, she never clung to GJ like SY does to XYE. There is a difference between confessing your feelings and clinging to the guy. For me SY is the latter and also I think HR is a classy woman (again I want to tell that HR is not my favorite wuxia female or anything) but in my opinion SY is not.

Su Ying smiled, “Don’t you forget, you’re a very beautiful, very alluring girl, and you’re young. This is already a woman’s greatest asset. Just with that, you can put most men on the world on your palms, just with these, you will be able to hold your head high no matter where you go.”
    This is the kind of attitude I dislike most in a woman. I wonder if you know but there is a similar scene in LOCH where HR listens to the woes of Miss Mu (who is in love with the villain but strong enough to leave him) - HR immediately invited this lonely sad person to travel with her and GJ, also humbly offering to teach her martial arts (Mu Nianci also has martial arts but HR's were superior) This is the kind of advice and direction one should offer to someone in need. Not giving advice on how to use her physicality to take most men in her palms, and the way to hold one's head high is not related to ones appereance.

Eliza, HR's suggestion was certainly more noble as you say.....but nowhere near as helpful to a woman in love as Su Ying's advice, I would imagine. I believe that Mu Nianci would also have appreciated SY's suggestion more too.

Jean and DK, I agree.....Princess Sounds much better. I love the colorful titles given to the women I've read about in TLS, so your translation is effective and very appreciated.

to continue....

To Hua Wu Que, not only is Princess Yao Yue his strict teacher, but also his foster mother. He has never seen any trace of a smile on her face since young.

He also dare not behave impudently in front of her, because not only does he respect her, is grateful to her, but also a little afraid of her.

Now, Xiao Yu’er finally saw Princess Yao Yue’s face.

She has already removed that horrible copper mask, but her face is even colder than that mask, and no one could see any trace of expression on her face.

Xiao Yu’er could not imagine that in the whole world, for a person who is thirty would actually look so young, and all the more he could not imagine that such a beautiful person would let someone take a look and no longer dare to take another look.

Even Xiao Yu’er, after taking a look at her, felt a cold shiver rising from the bottom of his feet, as if he suddenly saw a beautiful spirit in the icy night.

He did not even notice Tie Xin Lan was next to her.

However Tie Xin Lan is so excited she is shaking. She saw Xiao Yu’er leaping down from the rock and can’t help but immediately ran towards Xiao Yu’er.

But she took only two steps when her body suddenly hardens. She suddenly remembered Hua Wu Que. How can she abandon Hua Wu Que once she saw Xiao Yu’er?

She stood between Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que, not knowing whether to advance or retreat. She only wished that she has never been born.

By now Xiao Yu’er saw her as well, and greeted her with a smile, “It’s been a long time, have you been well?”

Tie Xin Lan seemed not to have heard his words, but suddenly turned around and ran towards a large tree at the side with her head lowered. This tree just happens to be right between Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que as well.

Su Ying’s eyes have never left Xiao Yu’er. She noticed that although Xiao Yu’er is still smiling, but that smile has become very stiff. She took a look at Hua Wu Que, whose head was still lowered, not lifting even once.

Su Ying can’t help but secretly heave a long sigh. Looking at these three person’s complicated and intricate relationship, besides sighing, what else can she do?

Princess Yao Yue’s eyes, which were sharper than a knife, colder than ice, were staring at Xiao Yu’er as well. Xiao Yu’er heaved a long sigh, and lifted his head to stare at her as well, and said with a smile, “The things you’ve delivered are not too bad, but a pity there’s no chili. The next time you give me a treat again, you must never forget that I love spicy food.”

There’s not much expression on Princess Yao Yue’s face, but Hua Wu Que looked up in surprise. He really could not imagine that there would be anyone in the world who dares to talk to Princess Yao Yue like that.

Princess Yao Yue spoke, “Now I will give you another six hours. Within the six hours, you can try adjusting your internal flow and gather your energy, but you’re not allowed to leave this place!”

Xiao Yu’er clapped his hands and laughed, “The Floral Princess really lives up to her name, who will never take advantage of others at all. You know that I’m tired, so you’re letting me rest first.”

However Princess Yao Yue had already turned around and said, “Wu Que, you’ll follow me.”

Xiao Yu’er spoke up, “I would like to say a few words to Hua Wu Que, is that all right?”

Without even turning her head, Princess Yao Yue replied icily, “No!”

Xiao Yu’er raised his voice, “Why not, could it be that you’re afraid I will tell him that you’re Mr Copper.”

By now Hua Wu Que has also turned around, and did not turn his head back as well, but Xiao Yu’er can see that when he heard those words, his whole body was shaken. Xiao Yu’er smiled, because he has achieved his goal.

Princess Yao Yue walked to the tree at the furthest end before she turned around, as if she’s speaking to Hua Wu Que, but Hua Wu Que had his back facing them.

Su Ying said gently, “Six hours is not a long time, you better have a good rest.”

It is morning now, the sun is slowly rising.

Su Ying gathered the surrounding fallen leaves, piled it under the tree and pulled Xiao Yu’er there to sit on it, just like a wife making the bed for her husband.

so it's almost the duel between XYE and HWQ? this is getting intense xD
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

yes...the duel that we've been waiting for is almost upon us!
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Knowing Gu Long, there probably won't be a duel =/

Ahhhhh, Su Ying is just so sweet to XYE. How adorable. Can just imagine it in my head .

TXL is just pitiful

A duel bt XYE and HWQ is nothing... what I want is to see YY fight with YNT. Course, that's never gonna happen

Chrono...LMAO....good ole Gu Long.

Ok we can't possibly have a duel without the real enemies showing up right? Where the heck are Jiang the fake hero and Uncle Yan?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

most GL fight can always be replaced with a gunfight duel, for GL the build-up to the fight is more important while the actual fight is always a letdown most of the time...if its ever happen at all

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    Knowing Gu Long, there probably won't be a duel =/
    Agreed but I wonder how come they won't duel........There has to be some kind of reason because Princess Yao Yue isn't exactly a reasonable person......

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King
    Agreed but I wonder how come they won't duel........There has to be some kind of reason because Princess Yao Yue isn't exactly a reasonable person......
    There are lots of thing that can happen, for example interuption by either yan nan tian, wei wu ya, JBH or maybe XYE and HWQ find out YaoYue real int4ntion...

Oh this is intense. I wonder what will happen now?? HWQ must be in a turmoil now.

Thank you so much Jean!

Eliza, HR's suggestion was certainly more noble as you say.....but nowhere near as helpful to a woman in love as Su Ying's advice, I would imagine. I believe that Mu Nianci would also have appreciated SY's suggestion more too.
    But you this type of advice is not useful to a woman in love and it certainly is not useful to a pretty woman. The women like Su Ying gives other pretty women a bad name. Unfortunately the other guys all think every pretty female is like SY and treat us accordingly. Being pretty or young is of course very nice but one shouldn't "use" these and certainly not depend on them.

Well that's a pretty broad generalization of us poor guys....but point taken.

ok, the last part of the chapter...

Tie Xin Lan is still standing under the tree on that side, tears already gathering in her eyes. She suddenly felt that her existence in this world, seems to be an excess.

Since she did not walk to Xiao Yu’er earlier, all the more she cannot walk over now. Since she did not return to Hua Wu Que’s side earlier, all the more she cannot go back now.

She also knows that under such circumstances, Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que, will never walk to her side. The Floral Princess has used her cold hands and tore their friendship into two. If friendship no longer exists between the two, then her situation would become even more pitiful, even more awkward.

She knows that the best thing she can do now is to go far, far away, the further the better, then no matter what happens, it will not be able to hurt her.

But now that two of the closest person in her life, is about to have a life and death duel right here, how can she leave? How can she bear to leave?

Xiao Yu’er lay down on the fallen leaves and closed his eyes.

Others were nervous, some were in pain, but he languidly crossed his legs, and his mouth softly humming a mountain song, as if this matter is of no relation to him at all.

Su Ying stood next to him, holding her head and looking at him. After looking for a while, she sighed softly and asked, “Did you see Tie Xin Lan?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Didn’t you see that I’ve already greeted her earlier.”

Su Ying chewed on her lips and said, “But she… she’s really pitiful, you really should go and console her.”

Xiao Yu’er suddenly opened his eyes and stared, “Why must I go and console her? Why can’t she walk over?”

Su Ying sighed, “She’s really in a difficult position now…”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “She’s in a difficult position, but I’m not? Besides, she put herself in that difficult position, who asked her to stand there and refuse to come over? There’s no nail pinning her feet down.”

Su Ying sighed again, “Since you won’t go over, then I will.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Do you know how to read lips?”

Su Ying replied, “No.”

Xiao Yu’er sighed, “It would be nice if I can hear what the Floral Princess is telling Hua Wu Que right now.”

Su Ying replied, “Even if you can’t hear, you should be able to imagine. She’s most likely telling Hua Wu Que what methods he should use to kill you.”

Xiao Yu’er was silent for a long moment before saying slowly, “When I was in the hole earlier, Hua Wu Que was still talking and laughing with me. But he ignored me when I came out, and did not even take a look at me.”

Su Ying said, “If you grew up in the Floral Palace, you would not have a mind of your own as well once you see the Floral Princess.”

Xiao Yu’er gave a bitter smile, “Then it would seem that the Valley of Evil is much better than the Floral Palace, at least those in the Valley of Evil are still human, but those in the Floral Palace are a bunch of living ghosts, a bunch of moving corpses.”

Su Ying smiled and said gently, “You take a rest, I’ll be right back after saying a few words there.”

Xiao Yu’er stared at her, “Why must you go over? I’m not feeling too good now as well, why aren’t you accompanying me here?”

Su Ying’s eyes shimmered and she asked, “Don’t you want to know how did she and Hua Wu Que leave that rat hole?”

The tears on the fallen leaves have already dried up, but Tie Xin Lan’s tears have not dried up. She heard Su Ying walking towards her, and she gritted her teeth, determined not to let her tears fall.

Su Ying walked to her side quietly, but she did not even lift up her head. The breeze was blowing at her hair, a fallen leaf was struggling in her disheveled hair, trying to fly up.

Su Ying gently pulled out this piece of leave and asked quietly, “You’re angry with me, right?”

After a long moment, Tie Xin Lan stood up slowly and said, “You need not be sad. If I had known that you’re my rival in love, I will not tell you the truth either.”

Su Ying heaved a long sigh and holding her hands, smiled, “I really did not expect you’ll be this kind of girl. Right now I hope that you’re a fierce, vicious, and cunning woman, then I will feel much better.”

Tie Xin Lan looked at her for a moment, and suddenly said, “But no matter what, you will not give up Xiao Yu’er because of me, right?”

This is really not a very smart question, and even she herself does not know why she would ask such a question.

Su Ying looked at her straight in the eye and replied, “That’s right, I will not give him up because of you, because if I give him up, it may create a bigger dilemma for you, right?”

Tie Xin Lan’s head lowered again. This sentence is like a needle piercing right through her heart, causing her to be at a loss for words.

Only until the leaves in her hands has been pinched into powdery pieces did she reply quietly, “I really should not say those words to you, and Xiao Yu’er did not put me in his heart in the first place as well. Maybe you’re the only one who is worthy of him.”

Su Ying replied, “Xiao Yu’er did not forget you. If he really did not have a place for you in his heart, he would have walked over here long ago.”

Tie Xin Lan was stunned for a moment and asked, “You… why did you tell me this? Why don’t you let me give up?”

Su Ying smiled sadly, “Maybe it’s because I want to have Xiao Yu’er too much, so I do not want him to hate me in future. I want to let him choose for himself. If the person he likes is you, even if I kill you, it’s useless.”

Tie Xin Lan’s head lowered further. She slowly chewed on these words, and felt pain and bitterness in her heart, because her feelings are getting more and more conflicting, more and more complicated. She asked herself secretly, “If the person Xiao Yu’er chose is me, would I really be happy?”

Su Ying suddenly smiled, “Have you seen my Godfather? Did he look very scary?”

Tie Xin Lan replied, “I did not see him.”

Last edited by Jean; 03-25-07 at 08:16 PM.

I'm getting more and more fascinated by Su Ying. Truly one of the more interesting female characters i've read about in a while.

Thank you so much for the translations, Jean! You're a real sweetheart yourself!

So how did they escape from the Rat Man? I hope that's why Su Ying is asking that right now.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

thanks for the update
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Quote Originally Posted by KChill
    So how did they escape from the Rat Man? I hope that's why Su Ying is asking that right now.
    It seems to me that Tie Xin Lan didn't went inside the rat hole. That explains why Princess Yao Yue was able to find Hua Wu Que extremely fast......

I might have figure out how Xiao Yu halt the due. I think he still contracted the Nu Er Hong poison (something like dat), so he will just let Princess Yao Yue know that it won't be a fair fight considering that there is poison in his body. Since this situation wouldn't please her, she might let Xiao Yu for the time being...

On the other hand I am already quite sure that Xiao Yu isn't the smartest person in the world! He actually lost to Su Ying, I believe!!! But I still need to read on to confirm this...

I am waiting for the duel between Princess Yao Yue and Wei Wu Ya Hurry up Jean! My second most favourite character will appear soon! Thanks.

Is there a new character introduced??

Thank you so much Jean, this story is amazing.