Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

I dun think there are any new character coming up....

I sincerely doubt Xiao Yu would delay the duel. My guess is Su Ying is going to be the one forcing the duel to be delayed, much to Xiao Yu's discontentement.

A new chapter~~~

Chap 100

Su Ying asked in surprise, “When you reached the woods that side, didn’t anyone come and receive you? Have you gone to the wrong place?”

Tie Xin Lan sighed and replied, “I did not go to the wrong place. When I reached that place, I saw a lot of rats burrowing here and there and I was so frightened that I collapsed immediately onto a tree, but who would have expected that there would actually be a corpse hanging on the tree. Looking in the distance, there were a few more corpses hanging on the other trees. I was just wondering what to do when Hua… Master Hua came.”

Su Ying was totally stunned, her palms starting to sweat.

Tue Xin Lan sighed, “From what I see, some great change must have happened over there, you… you better go and take a look.”

Without waiting for her to finish her words, Su Ying had already turned around and ran, but after a few steps, she stopped. No matter what, Wei Wu Ya is her benefactor. If anything untoward were to happen to Wei Wu Ya, she can never ignore it, but now… now that Xiao Yu’er is looking at her, how can she leave?

She stood there stunned, not knowing what to do at all.

Su Ying finally returned to Xiao Yu’er’s side. No matter what has happened, she cannot abandon Xiao Yu’er here at this moment.

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Looking at your expression, could it be that the Floral Princess has already killed Wei Wu Ya?”

Before Su Ying could reply, a person suddenly floated in with the wind.

She is equally cold as Princess Yao Yue, equally beautiful, just that her pair of eyes that were as bright as autumn’s water still has a hint of gentleness in it.

Her body seemed to be even lighter than a falling leaf, and landed next to Hua Wu Que. Hua Wu Que immediately kneeled down in respect.

Xiao Yu’er stared hard and said, “I’m afraid that would be Princess Lian Xing. She’s exactly made from the same mold as her sister, it’s just that she is breathing when compared to a dead person.”

Su Ying replied with a bitter smile, “But these sisters can make those in the martial arts realm fear even to mention their names. If they are only breathing when compared to a dead person, then all those in the martial arts realm must be dead.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed loudly, “You’re wrong. When a person is alive, he’ll surely cry, laugh, be happy, be sad, be afraid as well. People like them, there’s no meaning in being alive.”

He deliberately laughed loudly so that the Floral Princesses can hear him. But the Floral Princesses did not even take a glance towards this side.

Xiao Yu’er chortled, “I regarded them as dead people, for all you know they are already regarding me as dead, so no matter what I say, they will not be angry.”

Although he was laughing as he said these words, but when Su Ying heard it, she felt indescribably sad, and almost cried.

She really cannot see how Xiao Yu’er can hope to live on. Even if he can win Hua Wu Que, can kill Hua Wu Que, but he will still die in the hands of the Floral Princesses. Xiao Yu’er said to her, “Can you smile? As long as you smile, I’ll be happy even if I have to die.”

Su Ying really smiled. But if she had not smiled she may still be able to control her tears, and now that she smiled, her tears fell as well.

A gust of wind blew up the fallen leaves and Princess Lian Xing suddenly appeared in front of Xiao Yu’er and said coldly, “It’s almost time, do you know?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “I am wishing that the time will come faster, or else I’m afraid I’ll be drowned by tears.”

Xiao Yu’er rolled his eyes, and grinned, “I do have a question to ask you.”

Princess Lian Xing asked, “What question?”

Xiao Yu’er said, “A beautiful woman like you, why are you still not married? It can’t be that for all these years, not one man fell in love with you?”

Princess Lian Xing suddenly turned around, and Xiao Yu’er can see that the two veins behind her neck is vibrating, and the fine green veins on her face seem to be suddenly dancing in the wind.

After a while, she said each word slowly, “Stand up!”

Touche.

I guess that is called rubbing the wound with salt or something - I am almost going to pity the princess now.

Thank you so much Jean

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    I guess that is called rubbing the wound with salt or something - I am almost going to pity the princess now.
    "rubbing salt into the wound" (ouch!)

in this case he could also be accused of "putting his finger on the sore spot" as well

to continue....

This time Xiao Yu’er was really obedient and immediately jumped up, asking, “Is it time to strike now?”

He saw that Hua Wu Que who was under the tree on the other side turning around slowly as well.

Su Ying suddenly grabbed Xiao Yu’er’s hand and said, “You… don’t you have anything you want to tell me?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “No.” Su Ying’s fingers released their hold one by one, and she took two steps back, tears flowing out of her eyes.

Princess Lian Xing said, “Hua Wu Que, Xiao Yu’er, the two of you listen well. Starting from now, you will both walk fifty steps forward, once you’ve reach the fiftieth step, you can strike. No matter who wins or loses in this battle, no third party is allowed to help. Whoever is a busybody, will be killed immediately, there will be no mercy.”

Su Ying can’t help but cry out, “You will not help as well?”

Before Princess Lian Xing can reply, Princess Yao Yue had answered icily, “If she becomes a busybody, I will want her life as well.”

Su Ying asked, “What if you yourself interfered?”

Princess Yao Yue said, “Then I will take my own life.”

Su Ying wiped away her tears and said loudly, “Xiao Yu’er, did you hear that? The words of the Floral Princess are like the wind, and she won’t retract them, so I beg of you not to lose to him no matter what, all right?”

But she did not know that in the battle today, the loser may face only death, but the fate of the winner would be worse than death. If Xiao Yu’er can die in the hands of Hua Wu Que, then he’ll be a lot luckier than Hua Wu Que.

The sky is getting gray, dark clouds becoming heavier, and a few dried leaves on the branches are still fighting the western wind, but that is just a useless struggle before death.

Xiao Yu’er had started to walk forward. Hua Wu Que is also starting to move his feet slowly.

Yao Yue, Lian Xing, Su Ying and Tie Xin Lan, four pair of eyes, were all staring unwaveringly at Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que’s steps.

The four of them may all be thinking different things, but they are equally nervous.

Tie Xin Lan knows that in a swift moment, one of the two will fall, and she does not know herself who is it that she would wish to fall.

In the depth of her heart, she knows that if one of the two is to fall, then she won’t be in a dilemma anymore, she won’t need to choose, and things would become a lot simpler.

She even tried to deny that she harbored such a thought, because such a thought is too selfish, too mean, too heartless, too venomous…

But in Su Ying’s heart there is only pain, and no dilemma at all, because she has already decided that if Xiao Yu’er were to die, then she will not live alone as well. Although she knows that chances of Xiao Yu’er winning is not large, but she is still wishing for a miracle, wishing that Xiao Yu’er can defeat Hua Wu Que.

And what about Lian Xing and Yao Yue? Now that their plan is beginning to happen, their patience is finally about to be rewarded, and the hatred in their heart will soon be avenged.

They can only fantasize that only when one of the two falls, will this pain lessen, because only when that time comes can they reveal this shocking secret. This secret is like a heavy metal chaining their heart for the last twenty years, and they can only wait for the time when the secret is revealed before they can be free, or else they will forever become slaves of this secret.

But now, they can only wait.

Who would have expected that Xiao Yu’er had only taken three steps when he suddenly turned around and smiled at Su Ying, saying, “Right, I just remembered I have something to tell you.”

Last edited by Jean; 03-25-07 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    to continue....

But she did not know that in the battle today, the loser may face only death, but the fate of the winner would be worse than death. If Xiao Yu’er can die in the hands of Hua Wu Que, then he’ll be a lot luckier than Hua Wu Que.

These words are true but not for all people I guess. But if you were to find out that you have killed your ........., the regret will be too great for the person to deal with. And you will be tormented about your own sins....

But the person who has already died will leave a deep scar on their loved ones......Hmmmm..........He will also suffer from the physical pain before dying too.......This plan is a fantastic revenge plot! Princess Lian Xing must be smarter than any villians in this novel
    Last edited by Dendroid King; 03-03-07 at 03:16 AM.

JEAN! Why did you have to stop at such a moment?!
    But I still love you! Thanks for doing such a wonderful job with the translation. If you do translate anything else, I'm already a fan

It's getting soooooo exciting
    TXL is annoying me...

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365
    JEAN! Why did you have to stop at such a moment?!
    But I still love you! Thanks for doing such a wonderful job with the translation. If you do translate anything else, I'm already a fan

It's getting soooooo exciting
    TXL is annoying me...
    My sentiments exactly (the part about why she had to stop at this huge cliffhanger. Oh and with her translation too of course.)

Jean is a master of suspense....she knows she has us right where she want us....wonder what XYE has to tell her? I hope it's not something as sappy as "I love you" or anything like that. Maybe he's going to reveal some big secret he has figured out about the FP's to all present. And where the heck are the other players in this story, LNT and the Rat Guy? Not to mention the Evils?

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

nooooooooooo

gahhhhhh..cliff hanger
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Thanks Jean, I love cliff-hangers because I love wondering what'll happen next.
    I bet XYE will deliberitly say something that will get one of the princesses to interfere and kill herself. They're probably not going to duel, *sigh* after all, there is still a whole book left.
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

Quote Originally Posted by KChill
    Jean is a master of suspense....she knows she has us right where she want us....wonder what XYE has to tell her? I hope it's not something as sappy as "I love you" or anything like that. Maybe he's going to reveal some big secret he has figured out about the FP's to all present. And where the heck are the other players in this story, LNT and the Rat Guy? Not to mention the Evils?
    Actually Bubeng is the master of suspense...He is the previous translator before Jean. I deduce that Jean must have learn from him...............Anyway good job Jean

Heh heh... dendroid king is right, I once suffered cliffhanger syndrome while reading bubeng's translation and realise it makes the reading very exciting.

And so, now to continue with the story....

Su Ying felt emotions rushing up, hot tears flowing out again. No matter what, Xiao Yu’er will certainly treat her differently from others.

She tried to control her tears and said, “Tell… tell me, I am listening.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “I would advise you to find someone to marry while you’re still young, or else it’ll be more difficult the older you get. When you’re fifty years old, you’ll become old crones like them.”

This is actually the last words of Xiao Yu’er. At a time like this, he can still say such words.

Su Ying only felt that her heart seemed to be bounded tightly by a handkerchief, and after a moment, she gritted her teeth and replied, “Don’t you worry, I will certainly not wait that long.”

A sentence lightly uttered by him shattered Su Ying’s heart, and also made Lian Xing and Yao Yue start shaking, their faces pale.

But he behaved as if he has never said such words.

Most strangely, at this point in time, everyone was hoping in their hearts that he will defeat Hua Wu Que. Of course Su Ying would want him to win, but Tie Xin Lan can’t bear to see him being defeated.

Without knowing why, she always thought that Hua Wu Que is stronger, so he can withstand more pain, that’s why she’d rather hurt Hua Wu Que than to hurt Xiao Yu’er.

Even more strangely, even Yao Yue and Lian Xing were hoping that Xiao Yu’er would win. Maybe they would not admit it themselves, but it is the truth. Because if Hua Wu Que were to defeat Xiao Yu’er, then they would have to reveal this secret in front of Hua Wu Que. Although they raised Hua Wu Que for the purpose of revenge, but after so many years, they would have some feelings for the child that they watch grow up.

They were secretly counting Xiao Yu’er’s steps! “Eleven, twelve, thirteen…”

The corners of Princess Yao Yue’s mouth unknowingly curved up slightly in a cruel smile.

Now, Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que has already walked the fortieth step.

Xiao Yu’er kept staring at Hua Wu Que. Although there were no expression on Hua Wu Que’s face, his eyes were always avoiding him.

No matter how slowly they walked, they will still have to take the fiftieth step. Lian Xing and Yao Yue unconsciously gripped their fists tightly.

But Tie Xin Lan and Su Ying can’t even hold their hands tightly. Their hands were shaking so badly, like the dried leaves blown by the western wind.

Right at this time, Xiao Yu’er suddenly collapsed!

At such a tense moment, so tense that one can stop breathing, Xiao Yu’er actually fell for no rhyme or reason.

Hua Wu Que was totally stunned, Tie Xin Lan was surprised as well and Su Ying was even more shocked. They were so nervous that blood was coursing through their body and now, all the blood seem to be suddenly drained, their brains is suddenly empty and no one knows how to handle this sudden turn of events.

Even Yao Yue and Lian Xing were stunned, and the expression on their faces changed greatly.

After Xiao Yu’er fell to the ground, he suddenly started shaking, and the shakes were getting more violent, until his body slowly curled up into a ball.

Princess Lian Xing stamped her feet and said, “What is happening to you?”

Princess Yao Yue cried out furiously, “He’s pretending to be dead, kill him quickly.”

Hua Wu Que lowered his head and said, “He is defenseless now, how can disciple strike?”

Princess Yao Yue replied, “Since he dare not fight with you, that means he admit defeat, why can’t you kill him?”

Hua Wu Que lowered his head, not striking, and not speaking as well.

Princess Yao Yue said angrily, “Why are you still not striking, you don’t mean that every time he feigns death, you will let him go. Have you forgotten our sect’s rules, you dare to disobey my words?”

Beads of perspiration rolled down Hua Wu Que’s head, and he looked at Xiao yu’er with lowered head and asked quietly, “Why won’t you stand up and fight with me? Must you force me to kill you under such circumstances?”

Last edited by Jean; 03-04-07 at 06:28 AM.

That is the Mother of all Cliffhangers......

Excellent translation btw

Is this why XYE took the poison earlier?

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

the mother of all cliff hangers...sounds right

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

is this the effect of the poison? uh oh xD
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

I bet Xiao Yu'er has a way of controlling when the poison would take effect and decided to trigger it just now. he's cleverer than we assumed earlier :P