Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

Hidden bouts of epilepsy since childhood that are just now resurfacing? Too much pig's feet the night before?

Yes! I agree that this must be the mother of all the cliffhangers so far ! Jean you are naughty - and thank you so much for sharing the pleasure that this novel is.

I feel bad for HWQ, everyone wants XYE to win (ok, for different reasons but still...)

I know I've posted many times about how much I don't like TXL...well, this last translation did it! I'm beginning to hate her character...she's really pitiful and pathetic!!! Once again, I don't know what XYE & HWQ see in her...sigh...I give up!!! She doesn't deserve any of these two!

Hmmm...the Princesses want XYE to win b/c they rather see HWQ dead than hurt him w/ the truth b/c the truth is worst than death...that seems pretty nice of them! They are not made of ice & stone afterall if they're capable of mustering some feelings for HWQ!

I wonder if HWQ is emotionally/mentally as strong as XYE...what do you guys think??

@SkyWalker: That seems quite likely. So far they've shown that despite their differences they are very much alike one another.

heh heh... and now to continue....

Xiao Yu’er suddenly grinned and said, “You better kill me quickly, I will never blame you, because you cannot be considered as the person who killed me, the person who killed me is Jiang Yu Lang.”

Princess Yao Yue’s expression changed and she asked, “What do you mean by these words?”

Xiao Yu’er sighed and said, “Because if I have not been poisoned, then I will not lose the strength to strike, and I may not die. So even if I die now, you need not feel apologetic, because I did not die at your hands.”

He suddenly turned and stared at Princess Yao Yue and said each word slowly, “Jiang Yu Lang will be the person who really killed me.”

Princess Yao Yue and Princess Lian Xing exchanged looks, surprised again.

After a moment, Princess Lian Xing asked fiercely, “What poison has he given you?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Nu’er Hong.”

Princess Lian Xing heaved a long sigh and looking at Princess Yao Yue, said solemnly, “Looking at him now, it really looks like the symptoms of Nu’er Hong’s poison reacting.”

Princess Yao Yue’s face was totally pale and after a moment, she suddenly smiled icily and said, “This person is full of tricks, how can you believe his words.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “It’s up to you whether to believe my words. Luckily when I was poisoned, there were a lot of witnesses.”

Princess Yao Yue immediately asked, “Who are they?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “There’s Tie Ping Gu, and someone called Herbalist Hu, and of course there’s Jiang Yu Lang who poisoned me.”

Lian Xing and Yao Yue exchanged looks again and the two of them suddenly flew off simultaneously. A gust of wind blew past and the both of them were already under a tree many feet away.

Princess Yao Yue and Princess Lian Xing reached the tree at the same time.

Princess Lian Xing asked, “What are your wishes?” Princess Yao Yue’s lips have turned pale and she did not speak.

Princess Lian Xing said, “If this Jiang Xiao Yu has really been poisoned by Jiang Yu Lang, then he really cannot be considered to have died in Hua Wu Que’s hands. If that is the case, won’t our plan become totally meaningless?”

Princess Yao Yue stammered, “I… I have suffered the pain for twenty years.”

Princess Lian Xing’s gaze lowered slowly with the fall of her hands and said, “You have suffered the pain for twenty years, and was I happy for the last twenty years?”

After a moment she continued, “But the pain we have suffered for the last twenty years is certainly not deserved, because in the whole world, only the two of us knows this secret, only the two of us knows that they are brothers. If we do not reveal this secret ourselves, they will not know even when they die.”

Princess Yao Yue’s expression slowly warmed, and said, “That’s right, they will never know.”

Princess Lian Xing said, “Therefore sooner or later, they will die in the hands of the other, their fate has already been decided and besides the two of us, no one can change this.”

She added slowly, “And the two of us will certainly not change it, right?”

Princess Yao Yue replied, “That’s right.”

Princess Lian Xing continued, “So we need not be impatient now, our wait may be painful, but aren’t they in no less pain as well? We can watch them as they struggle with their fate, just like a cat watching the struggling mouse under it’s paw. Besides, we’ve already waited twenty years, so why not wait for another two or three months?”

Princess Yao Yue said icily, “I know what you mean. You want to remove Jiang Xiao Yu’s poison before ordering Hua Wu Que to kill him. You want him to thoroughly die at the hands of Hua Wu Que, right?”

There was a flash of gratifying smile in Princess Lian Xing’s eyes and she said gently, “That’s right, because that is the only way to make Hua Wu Que feel pain and regret, feel that living is worse than death. If you order him to kill Jiang Xiao Yu now, he will forgive himself, and even kill Jiang Yu Lang to avenge Xiao Yu’er. Then our plan would have become meaningless.”

Princess Yao Yue was silent for a moment before saying, “But do you know if Xiao Yu’er is really poisoned?”

Princess Lian Xing replied, “We can find this out immediately.”

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

ugh...always like gu long to put off a good fight
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Evil people are so boring sometimes... The Princesses make me yawn.

XYE on the other, I think has figured the whole thing out by now.

Eliza....without evil what would be good?

I too am getting tired of the Princesses though....seems they can only be ruthless to servant girls.

Without evil, there would be good and apathy.

Evil isn't the absence of good, nor is good the absence of evil.

This is actually the one time where I'm glad gu long avoided a fight.

I disagree, my young friend Chrono. For each extreme there must always be an opposite extreme. So for good to exist, there must be evil. For darkness to exist, there must also be light. If every day is sunny, then what is a sunny day? If every person is evil, then what is an evil person?

good thought but perhaps a clearer explanation would be...

Starting now if everyone was evil to the SAME degree than everyone would be evil relative the a less evil degree in the past we call good.

However, if there was never a standard of good, and everyone was always evil there would be nothing nothing to compare good to. Then, if everyone was evil to the same degree evil deeds would simply be the norm. If there were a distribution gradient of degree of evilness, than the "lesser" evil could then be renamed as good.

Evilness is only a relative term.
    Last edited by KyNeS; 03-07-07 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KChill
    I disagree, my young friend Chrono. For each extreme there must always be an opposite extreme. So for good to exist, there must be evil. For darkness to exist, there must also be light. If every day is sunny, then what is a sunny day? If every person is evil, then what is an evil person?
    It's fun and easy (and indeed popular) to think of everything as gradients or things as relative. But not everything necessarily is.

Absolute Darkness can be said to be the absolute absence of Light. Evil is not the absence of Good. There is an Absolute Zero, but there's no Maximum Temperature. There isn't really a Zero Velocity (since you can always pick another reference frame), but there's a Maximum Velocity (no matter what reference frame, c will appear to be c).

Instead of assuming a nature and/or taking an analogy too far (dark and light vs good and evil), one should always examine the nature of things.

Is it possible for good to exist while there is no evil? What about vice-versa? How about even neither at the same time? I'd say it should be unless you explicitly define good as "not evil". Here's the example: What if everyone simply took care of themselves but didn't harm each other? No good is being done, but no evil is being done either. It could simply be an uneasy truce that no one breaks.

What if in the same scenario, there's one altruistic person who does go out of their way to help people at their own expense? Then there's no evil but there's good.

What if in the first scenario, there was a person who took advantage of everyone? Then there'd be evil but no good.

Notice that being innocent isn't the same thing as being good.

Comparisons are nice, but it can't be used to draw conclusions. Analogies are only good as a way to make something clear, not to prove something.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 03-07-07 at 04:05 PM.

Good points by all.

to continue....

Xiao Yu’er is still on the ground, shaking. Tie Xin Lan, Su Ying and Hua Wu Que were not looking at him at all. Their eyes were staring unwaveringly at the Floral Princesses.

A pity that not only can they not see anything, but they can’t hear a single word as well. They can only see that Princess Yao Yue’s icy face was filled with venomous hatred and an aura of death. The more they looked, the more anxious they became and cold sweat unconsciously broke out in their palms for Xiao Yu’er.

Without knowing how much time has passed, the Floral Princesses finally walked over slowly. Hua Wu Que wanted to walk towards them, but he stopped his step as soon as he started it.

Princess Yao Yue walked to Xiao Yu’er and asked solemnly, “When you were poisoned, Tie Ping Gu saw it as well, right?”

Xiao Yu’er agreed, “Umm.”

Princess Yao Yue said, “All right, tell her to come out, I’ll ask her.”

Xiao Yu’er grinned, “Did you think that there’s only one way out of the belly of that mountain?”

Princess Yao Yue smiled coldly, “If there was another way out, why didn’t you leave?”

Xiao Yu’er replied with an icy smile as well, “I did not leave, because I did want to honor my appointment with Hua Wu Que, but Tie Ping Gu has long gone. If you do not believe me, why don’t you go down yourself for a look.”

Before he could finish his words, Princess Yao Yue had already flown up the cliff like a cloud. The rope that Hua Wu Que threw down earlier was still tied there.

Princess Yao Yue slipped into that hole like a swimming fish and after a short while, flew out like a light breeze and the expression on her face seemed a little surprised.

Xiao Yu’er smiled and asked, “Do you believe it now?”

Princess Yao Yue replied, “Humph.”

Xiao Yu’er added, “Then you should know as well that if I do not wish to fight with Hua Wu Que, I could have left with Tie Ping Gu long ago. There’s no need to wait till now and pretend to be dead.”

Princess Yao Yue was silent for a moment before saying, “Then do you know where Jiang Yu Lang is right now?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Of course I know. But I’m afraid once I reveal the place, you would not dare to look for him as well.”

Xiao Yu’er deliberately added one more sentence to agitate her, and added icily, “Maybe this is the only place that you dare not go, because I have not seen a woman who does not fear rats.”

Princess Yao Yue’s eyes gleamed and she asked, “Could you be referring to Wei Wu Ya? He’s in these mountains as well?”

Xiao Yu’er said with a cold smile, “Of course he’s in these mountains. Do you really not know, or are you pretending not to know?”

But there was no change in expression on Princess Yao Yue’s face at all. Although Xiao Yu’er was deliberately antagonizing her, she was unaffected at all.

Obviously, Wei Wu Ya holds no importance to her at all, and instead Xiao Yu’er is placed on a much higher scale than him.

At this point in time, Su Ying also felt that things are getting stranger and thought to herself, “No matter what, Wei Wu Ya is still a formidable character in the martial arts realm, and he does not mind hiding himself for the last twenty years to formulate a set of martial arts just to counter Floral Palace’s martial arts. Obviously he has great enmity with Floral Palace, but the Floral Princess has never taken this person to heart. But Xiao Yu’er has never even seen what the Floral Princess looks like and she does not even let go of any minute detail about him, to the extent of controlling her temper, so that Hua Wu Que can kill him personally. Why is that so?”

Slowly, she is beginning to feel that this matter is really mysterious and complicated.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

keep up the good work
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Thanks again for the awesome translations Jean.
    As for good and evil, I don't think there really is such a thing as humans being 'good' for no human is free of fault, it's more like a comfort to oneself, but it's still fun to use the word for stories and such.
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

Well it seems like XYE will start puking his guts before they finally try and cure him of his poison....or maybe they know it's not that serious.

End of chapter 100....

Xiao Yu’er said, “All right, I’ll bring you there, but I really can’t walk now. Who will come and give me a hand?”

Hua Wu Que and Tie Xin Lan looked as if they wanted to extend their hands, but Hua Wu Que realized that the Floral Princesses were looking at him frostily, so he immediately turned his head around and looked at Tie Xin Lan, as if he wanted Tie Xin Lan to help Xiao Yu’er. But Tie Xin Lan realized that Hua Wu Que was looking at her and she immediately lowered her hand.

Su Ying smiled and said gently, “If you do not find me too slow, then let me help you.”

Su Ying helped Xiao Yu’er and they had walked quite a distance but Hua Wu Que was still standing there in a daze while Tie Xin Lan’s head dropped even lower, her tears flowing again.

Princess Lian Xing took a glance at Hua Wu Que, and took another glance at Tie Xin Lan and suddenly took Tie Xin Lan’s hand and said gently, “You will walk with me.”

Never in her dreams would Tie Xin Lan expect that the Floral Princess would take care of her, and does not know whether to feel surprise or joy. She only felt a soothing power flowing in from her palm and unconsciously flew out with Princess Lian Xing.

Hua Wu Que saw Princess Lian Xing actually holding Tie Xin Lan’s hand and felt surprise and joy as well, but suddenly he thought of something and his brows furrowed in sadness again.

Princess Yao Yue asked calmly, “Can you leave now?”

This may be a very common sentence, but to Hua Wu Que’s ears, there’s another feeling, because he realized that the Floral Princess has seen through what he is feeling.

And he does not speak to others what he feels.

Somehow I always have a soft spot for Lian Xing. She may have hated Jiang Feng but I suppose she was only trying to save the twin's lives when she proposed her plan to make them fight to death.
    I don't think she would have killed Jiang Feng anyway.