Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

Jean, what do you think will happen next?

Jean thank you so much, this is such a treat!

Hmmmm Floral Princesses are slowly giving into XYE charm

I agree that YNT must come to the cave for JBH - Great deduction Ren Wo Xing!

Just something I seen from a series which was very similar to the novel.Donno whether this consider spoilers or not.....

I have seen from one of the series adaption that WWY actually love one of the Floral Princess but his love been declined by the Floral Princess. That is why he had been hiding in the cave and he had been injured by the Floral Princess himself. I am not sure whether is it been in the original novel or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004
    Just something I seen from a series which was very similar to the novel.Donno whether this consider spoilers or not.....

I have seen from one of the series adaption that WWY actually love one of the Floral Princess but his love been declined by the Floral Princess. That is why he had been hiding in the cave and he had been injured by the Floral Princess himself. I am not sure whether is it been in the original novel or not.
    Not only that, Princess Yao Yue actually crippled him.....However Wei Wu Ya still harbour his love for her. Therefore he catch Xiao Yu Er so that he can lure her inside his cave. Only then can he pressure her into marrying him....However he's crazy enuf to plan his own death and Princess Yao Yue (by trapping her) so that they "are married" by death.....Real insane of him......

Hey guys, put a spoiler warning up there.....I don't know anything about this plot and prefer to keep it that way.....

Don't worry KChill, if my memory serves me well, the novel is slightly different. But I might be wrong here, since it was many, many years ago that I read this novel.

Jean, I forgot how much I enjoyed this novel until I read your work. I agree with some of you; this is Gu Long's best.

KChill - there are no spoilers revealed because the details that ken2004 and Dendroid King mentioned were from the 80s TVB series - The Two Honorable Knights starring Tony Leung & Hugo Ng. That series deviated a lot from the actual novel. Events and details were added, changed, and manipulated. So the character of WWY is very different in the tv series compared to the novel.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King
    Very well spoken...But how come Yan Nan Tian can figure out JBH is in his cave???Strange indeed......But dun be suprise that the killer is Wei Wu Ya HIMSELF! After all Gu Long's plot is very twisted and we can always expect the unexpected.......

I only know that Wei Wu Ya knows some secret involving Jiang and Yue Nu which XYE himself also dunno. And what he told XYE involves the Floral Palace and Yan Nan Tian .....

"Spoiler"

I have "read" the chinese one online. I am chinese illeterate so therefore I "read"

I "catch" some phrases like Su Ying saw Yan Nan Tian in the cave.....Princess Yao Yue says no way he is Yan Nan Tian.....XYE knows that in his heart it could not be Yan Nan Tian....As they travel into the cave, they could not find anyone inside the cave. Absolutely no one. However all of a sudden, Wei Wu Ya appear..........He said he did not wish to get out of the cave......He also say something like he wishes everyone to die then only maybe he will get out of the cave...If I am not mistaken he complain that the Floral Princesses have 2 of them to support each other while he's lonely.....

Well I guess Wei Wu Ya's mind is that he will never be on the lossing end. It doesn't matter that he cannot kill the 2 Princesses so long as they died trap in the cave...What an evil fella.......
    I think we should just let Jean do the translation and keep your spoiler comment for yourself. I got an impression that you're just writing like you're guessing but in actuality you already know about it, by using those babelfish

I swear I really have no idea....I am guessing. Though I have seen some of the chinese script, well I am CHINESE ILLETERATE....So what I say is most likely wrong...due to my extremely poor knowledge of Chinese....

Of coz Jean is doing the translation.....I am happy to have a free translator who update frequently............

If u still feel that "I oredi know", I am very sorry...But an illeterate person can't give spoilers from a novel other than hear say....BTW I wish u were right......that I really know.....I am just expressing my hate for WWY....

Everything is copacetic, my brothers and sisters. Just wanted to make sure people knew that I hadn't ever read this before, or even seen the movie -- which I know some on these forums have. Should be an interesting finish.

hey guys... I'm having some problem with my home PC and got to reformat everything, but don't worry, the translations are backed up.

But until I reorganise my hard drive and reinstall all the programs like word etc, I won't be able to post for the time being. Apparently I can't open my file as text document, says that there's some error or something.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    hey guys... I'm having some problem with my home PC and got to reformat everything, but don't worry, the translations are backed up.

But until I reorganise my hard drive and reinstall all the programs like word etc, I won't be able to post for the time being. Apparently I can't open my file as text document, says that there's some error or something.
    Its ok Jean, just do with your own pace, you're not obligated/force to do the translation either, we're still thankful/grateful of what you've done so far out of your own free time...

Oh, do take your time, Jean. No rush at all.

I hope nothing really serious like a virus or something like that. My computer crashed recently and I lost 20 GB worth of videos . I still haven't recovered from the loss. There are so many evil people out there ... coming up with viruses

Sorry, I havn't been reading for a while, can someone tell me where the other thread "The Legendary Siblings Unabridged" was up to before it disappeared?

Cause I think it was chapter 92, but Athena's link in "README: Forum and Translation Links" doesn't seem to be numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by puff_ng
    Sorry, I havn't been reading for a while, can someone tell me where the other thread "The Legendary Siblings Unabridged" was up to before it disappeared?

Cause I think it was chapter 92, but Athena's link in "README: Forum and Translation Links" doesn't seem to be numbered.
    I think the thread u mean can only be find through the search function..U mean the time when Athena was translating rite?

and we're back online! Thanks for those who offered to help.

With Wei Wu Ya’s reputation and the scores of disciples he has, no one would expect that he’ll actually live in a little cave that’s worse than a dog hole.

Everyone can’t help but feel surprise, especially Hua Wu Que. He saw that Su Ying’s cave is so elegant and exquisite, and thought that Wei Wu Ya’s residence would certainly be a bigger eye opener. He can’t help but ask, “This is where Wei Wu Ya lives?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “That’s right, are you feeling perplexed?”

Hua Wu Que wanted to say something else, but after taking a look at Princess Yao Yue, lowered his head again.

As Xiao Yu’er spoke, he has already going in. His body was stumbling, his steps unsteady, obviously he has not regained any strength.

Princess Yao Yue furrowed her brows and said fiercely, “Stop there!”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Why do you want me to stop? Who knows what strange thing has happened in this rat cave, for all you know we’ll be walking towards death. Isn’t it good that I’m checking out the place for you first?”

Princess Lian Xing replied, “Precisely because the first person to walk will be in danger, that’s why she wants you to stop.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed loudly, “I did not expect you to be so concerned about me. Thank you, thank you. But since I’ve been poisoned, it’s very boring to be alive, and dying is just what I needed.”

Princess Yao Yue said frostily, “You won’t be able to die.”

Xiao Yu’er felt a swish of the wind, and Princess Yao Yue has already flown in front of him through a gap next to him which was less than a feet, without even touching his clothes.

On witnessing such Lightness Skill, Xiao Yu’er can’t help but sigh and mumble, “If Wei Wu Ya is already dead, that would be his fortune, or else if he were to end up in the hands of these two great Princesses, he’ll most likely end up like me, unable even to die.”

Everyone followed Princess Yao Yue and walked for ten over steps and turned left, and this dark and narrow cave suddenly opened up into a wide passageway.

On both sides of the passageway were stones as smooth and shiny as white jade and on the top it seems that there’s light shining through but the source of light cannot be seen.

Tie Xin Lan, Hua Wu Que and the Floral Princesses really did not expect that there will be another world in this cave, and can’t help but more or less reveal looks of admiration and surprise on their faces.

Xiao Yu’er grinned and said, “Are all of you feeling perplexed? Wait till you see what is inside, it will be an even stranger scene. Although I have never been to the palace, but I think the palace may not be any prettier than Wei Wu Ya’s rat cave.

He laughed as he spoke, as if he’s afraid that others won’t be able to hear him. The passageway was filled with his echo, his laughter can be heard everywhere.

Princess Lian Xing said icily, “Even if you do not speak, no one will think that you’re a mute.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Are you afraid Wei Wu Ya will hear?”

Without waiting for Princess Lian Xing to reply, he continued with a laugh, “If I want to find someone and create trouble, then I must walk in openly. If I’m afraid of being heard and behave furtively, then I cannot be considered a true hero.”

Princess Lian Xing did not reply, but just called out calmly, “Wei Wu Ya, listen, there’re visitors from Floral Palace, come out.”

Her words were not spoken loudly, but it covered Xiao Yu’er’s laughter and each word was sent far away, but besides her echo, not a single sound was heard.

Su Ying’s expression became even more worried.

By now Wei Wu Ya is most likely dead. If he is not dead, he will not wait for Xiao Yu’er to talk and laugh loudly, and all the more he will not wait for Princess Lian Xing to speak out, the traps in the passageway would have been activated long ago.

Suddenly Princess Yao Yue stopped walking and said, “Look, what is this?”

Everyone turned their eyes towards her and realized that on the ground, there’s a line of footsteps, after every three feet, there’ll be one. Even if the steps were taken with a measured ruler, it won’t be as neat as this.

The stones on the ground of this passageway are the same as those on the walls, smooth and solid. Even if a knife was used to carve it, it won’t be easy.

But this person’s footsteps are even clearer than if it’s carved with a knife.

Princess Lian Xing said, “This person came to look for Wei Wu Ya, why did he waste his energy here and vent his frustration on these stones.”

Xiao Yu’er shook his head and laughed, “From what I see, the person who said these words is really a little dumb.”

Princess Lian Xing fumed, “What did you say?”

Xiao Yu’er said, “From what I know, just in this passageway alone, there is at least ten over traps hidden here, and each one can take your life.”

Princess Lian Xing asked, “How do you know?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Because I have tried at least thirteen types.”

He continued, “Since this person is here to seek trouble with Wei Wu Ya, he must know Wei Wu Ya very well, and he will surely be very careful walking in this passageway and all his internal strength filled and ready to be used anytime. Look at the distance between his steps, it’s so neat that we can imagine his situation at that time.”

Princess Lian Xing replied, “That’s right, when a person’s martial arts is at the peak, when he gathers his internal energy, his every move will surely be well structured.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “But he did not know when the traps will be activated, so his concentrated energy is ever at the ready to strike, that’s why he unconsciously left his footsteps on the ground.”

He took a glance at Princess Lian Xing and added with a laugh, “From this we can see that this person is not stupid, it’s just that his internal energy is too great.”

Princess Lian Xing’s expression turned somber and did not speak.

I bet we'll be seeing a new character in the near future. I can't believe this was the doing of Jiang Bie He, and I think its still too early for Yan Nan Tian to make an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflowers
    I bet we'll be seeing a new character in the near future. I can't believe this was the doing of Jiang Bie He, and I think its still too early for Yan Nan Tian to make an appearance.
    Since Xiao Yu Er said that that person knows Wei Wu Ya well, I could only think of Wei Ma Yi only. Probably he's been forced by the 10 Evils to do their bidding...

I agree with u completely...Jiang Bie He is a coward and like to make use of other ppl to do his dirty job while Yan Nan Tian is at most almost recover...

Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King
    Since Xiao Yu Er said that that person knows Wei Wu Ya well, I could only think of Wei Ma Yi only. Probably he's been forced by the 10 Evils to do their bidding...
    I don't think so, none of their internal energy is that good. Also, didn's WMY die already?
    If this person is YNT, he obviously doesn't know that JBH betrayed him, therefore he will trust JBH. WWY's cave is a maze, but it seems like JBH know it very well. From that, I think that JBH is planning to lead YNT to WWY and have them fight. While they are fighting, JBH will quietly slip away so when YNT wins, he won't be able to find a way out and will starve to death. However, this plan will be twarted by XYE's team and the 10 evils. (this is a prediction by the way, not a spoiler)
    Thanks Jean, for all the hard work you've put into this.
    We have the ability to fix the world's problems, but not the initiative

It was clearly stated somewhere that Jiang Bie He's face has not change much within 20 yrs. So if Yan Nan Tian were to see him, Jiang Bie He is toast. Thats why when he met the fake Yan Nan Tian, he is very nervous.

Assuming Xiao Yu Er is rite, that person knows Wei Wu Ya very well. JBH can be included in the bargain but Yan Nan Tian unlikely. I believe Wei Ma Yi is still alive somewhere. It could be Bai Shun Jun and his wife. Now I m trying to think how many charcs knew WWY well.