Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

I suppose Yao Yue herself is not confident of splitting the stone cleanly as well, thats why she asked HWQ to do it so that she can gauge the mystery man's kung fu.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    She was judgemental to YG, but cruel? Hardly. She gave him a good education and tried to bring him up with good values.

So she didn't teach him martial arts. If that's being cruel, there's an awful lot of cruel parents.

Are you kidding? Huang Rong was a certified hag towards Yang Guo....she sided with Guo Fu when she chopped off his arm, even attacking Guo Jing to let her get away...she also suspected him of trying to seduce her youngest daughter, lied to him about the disappearance of Xiao Longnu (although with good intentions) - a good part of everything bad that happened to him in the movie was a result of her holding his father's past against him. I was apathetic towards her in LOCH, but I really hated her in ROCH. The only good thing I can say about Su Ying is she is not Guo Fu or Huang Rong.

New character.

a good part of everything bad that happened to him in the movie was a result of her holding his father's past against him.
    That is what I think, also when YG was just a kid she seperated Yang Guo from her own child and the other two disciples of GJ. Because of her he had to leave Peach Blossom Island, how must that feel like to a kid who already suffered very much?

Mu Nianci is a good example; Huang Rong can be crafty but she chose to attack MN with a knife, instead of tricking her into going to evil people's hideouts (for me the second is lowly and openly attacking is classy)
    Also HR would NEVER let Guo Jing or any other man kiss her in front of strangers no matter what.

If a man tries to take advantage of her she warns him many times and if he doesn't listen, she rolls a huge rock over him to protect her and her master's dignity.

SPOILERS for LOCH

Also she can follow her man and help him out even when he broke her heart (she would not show her face but lends her strong mind to him to succeed) I think that was pretty proud and classy -

Edit: Wow I forgot to comment on the novel we are reading! First off thank you
    so much Jean - the story is getting hotter with each entry.
    Last edited by eliza bennet; 03-23-07 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    I suppose Yao Yue herself is not confident of splitting the stone cleanly as well, thats why she asked HWQ to do it so that she can gauge the mystery man's kung fu.
    I dun think so. She wants HWQ to be able to do it too so that she can be pleased that this "mysterious person" is way beneath her level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendroid King
    I dun think so. She wants HWQ to be able to do it too so that she can be pleased that this "mysterious person" is way beneath her level.
    I think CC's right on this. She knows her own level of martial arts, and she knows HWQ's level of martial arts. Even assuming HWQ is able to cut the chair in a similar way, it wouldn't show that HWQ is on the same level as the mysterious person, much less show that this person is beneath her level.

She does want to gauge that person's martial arts though, but she doesn't know how hard it is to cut that chair. If she cut it and failed, that would reflect badly on her; if HWQ cut it and failed, though, it wouldn't. So of course she wants HWQ to do it.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

lol, your Yao Yue fanboyness is going to the extreme

By the fair token, that means Yao Yue is a little worried now right? She knows this person has much more capabilities then HWQ. Please do not tell me you believe she would be able to do it 100 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    By the fair token, that means Yao Yue is a little worried now right? She knows this person has much more capabilities then HWQ. Please do not tell me you believe she would be able to do it 100 percent.
    Well there will be some worry of coz but that does not mean she can't overcome the mysterious person.....

OK I have read some parts of the novel and so SPOILER (minor one)Alert.........

DO NOT SCROLL DOWN if you do not wish to see...

Yan Nan Tian did come (XYE was wrong). And the stone chair was not broken by Yan Nan Tian. So it only means that .......... broke it...

@Dendroid King: If you'd be so kind as to NOT spoil the story for the rest of us, I'd appreciate it.

I know you wrote a little notice saying you were going to post a small spoiler, but just now your post was the last one and when I opened the page it jumped to the bottom so I ended up reading the spoiler before seeing the warning.

Even if its a small spoiler it is still annoying.

I don't mean to be rude, but if you'd be so kind as to refrain from posting any more spoilers, I (and others I am sure) would appreciate it.

Talking

Atlantean, I am also an FPP fanboy ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    The water in the belly of the mountain rose even higher, and the area of the rock that was still above water is no bigger than a large round table. Xiao Yu’er, Herbalist Hu, Su Ying and Tie Ping Gu can only squeeze together on the rock.

The tree outside had been broken by Princess Yao Yue, and the happier Xiao Yu’er smiled. Besides him, everyone else was dejected, unable to smile at all.

Tie Ping Gu stole a glance at Xiao Yu’er and stammered to Su Ying, “I… I said I treated him… treated him well, that was to antagonize the Floral Princess, actually I…”

Su Ying laughed loudly, “You need not explain, I am not a jealous pot. Besides, you’re not the only one who treats Xiao Yu’er well, it doesn’t matter even if you treat him nicely.”

Although she said it ‘doesn’t matter’, but anyone would be able to smell the jealously in her words. Xiao Yu’er blinked, and laughed as well, “You treat me well, but I wasn’t bad in treating you either. If not for you, I would be able to find out more secrets about the Floral Princess.”

Tie Ping Gu blushed so hard that she dare not even lift up her head.
    I don't know if anyone noticed. But based on this, is Tie Ping Gu still naked the whole time? When she was on the tree, she was completely naked. Yao Yue threw her into the hole. So is Tie Ping Gu still naked? I did not see any reference of someone giving her clothes to wear.
    Last edited by Felix; 03-24-07 at 08:13 PM.

Xiao Yu’er smiled, “It’s not a bad thing that they can be together. I was worrying about her, but now I can put my mind at ease. I know that Hua Wu Que has always treated her very well.”
    I know how most of you do not like Tie Xin Lan, but I am still glad Xiao Yu Er said this line. He really does care for TXL.

to continue....

By now Xiao Yu’er saw her as well, and greeted her with a smile, “It’s been a long time, have you been well?”
    Is this like the very first words he spoke to Tie Xin Lan since they separated in the Mt Hua forbidden place?

Xiao Yu’er felt a swish of the wind, and Princess Yao Yue has already flown in front of him through a gap next to him which was less than a feet, without even touching his clothes.
    Lol, impressive speed and accuracy on Yao Yue's part. Talk about mastering the art of parallel parking.

Naturally the Floral Princesses have long thought that this person is Yan Nan Tian, but now that they suddenly heard the three words ‘Yan Nan Tian’, the two sisters who is as calm as the snowy water on the frozen lake, cannot help but reveal a change in their expression.
    Even you Dendroid must admit, based on this line, Yao Yue and Lian Xing shows some respect to Yan Nan Tian. Yao Yue might be better than Yan Nan Tian, maybe not, but she surely does not treat him like trash the way you do.

Xiao Yu’er suddenly hugged her, his lips pressing down hard on her lips. He hugged her so tightly, as if he wants to crush her into pieces.
    How funny, first it was Red Pearl, and now it is Su Ying. Each time he kissed both girls, he was thinking of Tie Xin Lan. Heck even when he kissed Little Fairy, TXL was there as well.
    Last edited by Felix; 03-25-07 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Even you Dendroid must admit, based on this line, Yao Yue and Lian Xing shows some respect to Yan Nan Tian. Yao Yue might be better than Yan Nan Tian, maybe not, but she surely does not treat him like trash the way you do.
    Actually it can be intepreted in another way...They were suprised that Su Ying or Xiao Yu Er can have these same thoughts. But becoz Yan Nan Tian has not appeared in the Wulin world and persumed dead for a very long time, their expression change becoz they still cannot believe the killer is him....To them he is already dead....Hence they are suspicious......

Its all on the matter on interpretation. Of coz the only pople that know the real reason is Gu Long and the 2 princesses themselves.....

Actually I dun remember since when I have treat Yan Nan Tian as a trash....I only said that he falls to trickery too easily...So I said whats the use of having unparelled martial arts when one is so dumb enough to have his lunch or dinner at the Evil Valley!!!!

Or maybe becoz up till now Princess Yao Yue appeared longer than Yan Nan Tian, so he is only briefly describe. So therefore when I made the comparison between them, I made them till up to Jean's last updated translation....Of coz as Jean translates, then only I can change my thoughts.....

Honestly I am waiting for them to kill each other....
    Last edited by Dendroid King; 03-25-07 at 02:33 AM.

to continue....

Princess Yao Yue seemed to have sighed, and said calmly, “I’ve long heard that the solidity of the Jade Tablet Stone is unparalleled in the world, now it seems like it’s really the truth. This person can split the Jade Stone into two, his sword skills are not bad either.”

Hua Wu Que can’t help but say, “This person’s sword skills may be great, but I’m afraid his internal strength will be even…”

Princess Yao Yue interrupted him and said icily, “The back of this chair is five foot high, and he can cut it with one stroke, but you can only cut about one feet with your attack, so you think his strength must me at least three times higher than yours, right?

Hua Wu Que replied, “Disciple is ashamed.”

He added, “When disciple struck at the stone, I felt that there’s still a lot of strength remaining, and I can cut it down to at least three feet, but I did not expect that once the sword cut in about a foot, all the remaining strength was used up. From this I know that the further I try to cut it down, the more difficult it would be.”

Princess Yao Yue agreed, “That’s right.”

Hua Wu Que continued, “When disciple had cut one feet through this stone chair, I only used 30% of my strength, but when I went down another three inches, I have used up 70% of my strength. This person can split this stone chair down five feet with one stroke, his strength is surely more than three times of mine.”

Princess Yao Yue smiled slightly, “You’re wrong, you need not disparage yourself. In the whole world, there is none whose strength can be three times higher than yours, it’s just that you do not understand the logic behind this.”

Hua Wu Que lowered his head, “Yes, disciple is ignorant.”

Princess Yao Yue said, “That person can split the stone chair in one stroke, but you can’t, not because his strength is many times better than yours, but because he is more adept at using the sword than you.”

The logic behind these words may seem simple, but actually it’s the most complex martial arts logic. Hua Wu Que was carefully digesting the information, and realizing that it is extremely useful, felt surprise and joy.

Princess Yao Yue added, “This person is not only more adept than you, but his speed is faster as well, because ‘speed’ is ‘strength’, that’s why he can do what you cannot. If you were to fight with him, within fifty strokes, he will be able to block your sword attacks, within a hundred strokes, I’m afraid he’ll be able to take your head!”

Cold sweat beaded on Hua Wu Que’s forehead again.

Princess Yao Yue continued, “Besides this, when he was striking with his sword, he must be full of fury, thinking only to take someone’s life, and did not consider whether his stroke will be able to cut the stone chair into two. Therefore, the way he struck would naturally be different, but when you struck, you’re only thinking of how deeply you can cut into this stone chair. Your stance is already weaker by 70% compared to this person. If you’re the same when fighting with others, that would be very dangerous.”

Hua Wu Que dared not lift up his head on hearing these words, his sweat penetrating his layers of clothes.

Suddenly someone clapped and laughed, “The Floral Princess giving such a penetrating lecture about the theory of martial arts, it is indeed a eye opening information, that even I can’t help but feel a little impressed with you.”

Xiao Yu’er has already walked in with a grin. If it was someone else, whose mouth has just been bitten raw, he would surely try to cover the wound.

But Xiao Yu’er did not care at all, his eyes turned, and suddenly stared at that dark green short sword, and his countenance changed, “Could this be the legendary ancient weapon, the remarkable Fine Blood Zhao Dan Qing?”

Princess Yao Yue said icily, “Your eyesight is not too bad.”

Xiao Yu’er said, “It seems that since ancient times, when remarkable weapons are being made, the blood of a living person must be used as a sacrifice to the sword before it can be made, and there are some who would not even mind killing themselves with the sword. Since the beginning of time, the history of every sword, will surely be a moving yet sad story!”

Princess Yao Yue replied, “This is not the time to tell stories.”

Xiao Yu’er ignored her and continued, “Only this Fine Blood Zhao Dan Qing, when a person’s blood was used as sacrifice, the sword still cannot be made. The sword maker’s wife, son and daughter all sacrificed and killed themselves with the sword, but it was useless as well. In his grief, the sword maker himself jumped into the cauldron. Who would have expected that after he jumped in, the fire immediately flared up and after burning for a long one, a passing Taoist Priest managed to complete the making of the sword. Legend says that when this sword was taken out of the stove, the sky turned color, there was a loud thunder, which shocked the Taoist Priest, and coincidentally fell onto the sword, thus becoming the first casualty of the sword since it’s birth.”

After he finished speaking, Xiao Yu’er smiled and said, “Of course these words are the stories of the descendants, and cannot be believed. Imagine, if all those people are dead, who would be able to tell the story?”

Princess Yao Yue replied, “That’s right, it should not be believed, but there is one matter which you must believe.”

Many thanks goes to Jean and the previous translater to this awesome novel.

This novel is pretty addictive. Duing the weekend I would wake up and start reading the novel. In fact, I lost like five pounds one time from lack of eating food due to reading the novel.