Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

I'm not a big Su Ying fan as it is, and if she actually has the guts to ask HWQ to die for XYE (so selfish I can't even imagine it), I hope she gets smacked around by PYY before the end of the novel.

Poor HWQ...everyone is asking him to lose or die...doesn't seem like anyone wants him to live!!!! Give HWQ some love pple!!! I know XYE is great and everyone loves him but HWQ doesn't need pple to tell him how he should die so that XYE could live...that's just wrong. And for TXL, the person he cares for the most to ask that of him...sigh...she doesn't deserve his love...at least SY is doing everything in her power to keep XYE alive...a little selfish but who isn't when it comes to the person we love the most??? I've said this a thousand times already and I'm saying it again...TXL is a weak and terrible character and she doesn't deserve any kind of love from either brothers! Sorry if I offended any of TXL's fans.

to continue.....

But his mind seems to be ten thousand miles away. He stood in front of the window in a daze, in a world of his own. For a person like him with sensitive hearing, he is actually unaware that Su Ying has walked in. The sun’s ray came in through the window’s paper, shining on his face. His face was even whiter than the paper on the window, but his eyes were filled with tiny red veins, his expression even more weary than everybody else.

Before the great duel, why didn’t the Floral Princesses think of a way to help him rest well? Could it be that they’re so sure that he will be able to defeat Xiao Yu’er no matter the circumstances? Or could it be that they simply do not care who wins or loses? Their aim is only to let Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que fight, and can’t be bothered about anything else. Su Ying thought that it’s very strange, but she did not want to know the reason behind it, because she knows that no one will tell her.

Suddenly she heard Hua Wu Que heave a long sigh, and this sigh encompassed countless sadness and pain that he cannot confide in anyone else.

Why is he so sad, could it be because of Xiao Yu’er? Su Ying walked over slowly, and called out next to him, “Master Hua…” This time Hua Wu Que finally heard her. He turned his head around slowly and looked at Su Ying. Although he’s looking at Su Ying, but his gaze seems to be focused on a far away place, so far that he can’t even see it.

Su Ying remembered that like Xiao Yu’er, he had a pair of equally bright, equally moving eyes, but these eyes now looked as if they belong to a dead person, no light in it at all, and not even moving. To be stared at by such a pair of eyes is indeed uncomfortable.

Su Ying almost felt cold sweat breaking out from his stare, so she forced out a smile and said, “Could it be that Master Hua cannot recognize me now?”

Hua Wu Que nodded his head, and suddenly said, “Have you come to beg me not to kill Xiao Yu’er?”

Su Ying was stunned, and before she could speak, Hua Wu Que started laughing loudly.

His laughter is so strange, so maniacal that Su Ying would never imagine that a person like him will emit such chilling laughter. A normal person will never laugh like that, and Su Ying almost wanted to run away.

Hua Wu Que laughed and said, “Everyone is coming to beg me not to kill Xiao Yu’er, but why aren’t there anyone asking Xiao Yu’er not to kill me? Is it because I deserve to die?”

Su Ying replied, “This… this may be because everyone knows that Xiao Yu’er will definitely not kill you!”

Hua Wu Que suddenly stopped his laughter, “What about himself? Does he know himself?”

“If he knows, he would not have let me come, because I’m not here to beg you.”

Hua Wu Que asked, “No?”

Su Ying replied, “No.” She is also staring at Hua Wu Que, and said each word clearly, “I am here to kill you!”

This time even Hua Wu Que was stunned. He stared at Su Ying for a while before suddenly bursting out into laughter, “What makes you think that you can kill me? If you’ve really come to kill me, then you should not have said it out. If you did not say it, you might have a chance.”

Su Ying replied, “Do I not have a chance once I say it out?”

Hua Wu Que replied, “I’m afraid your chance will be very slim.”

Su Ying laughed, “My chance will at least be a lot higher that Xiao Yu’er, or else I would not have come.”

She suddenly turned around and poured out two cups of wine, saying “If I fight with you, naturally I won’t stand even a chance. But we’re humans, not beasts. Beasts only know how to settle all problems with brute strength, but humans do not.”

Hua Wu Que asked, “What do humans use then?”

Su Ying replied, “The plans of humans are at least more refined than a beast’s.”

She turned back again, and pointing at the two cups of wine on the table and said, “I’ve just poured these two cups of wine.”

Hua Wu Que replied, “I saw that.”

Su Ying continued, “You only need to choose one to drink, and our problem will be solved.”

Hua Wu Que asked, “Why?”

Su Ying replied, “Because I have poisoned one of the cups. If you choose the poisoned cup, you will die. If you did not choose the poisoned cup, I will die.” She smiled slightly and added, “Isn’t this plan more refined, and very fair as well?”

Hua Wu Que looked at the two cups of wine on the table, the muscles at the corner of his eye starting twitching involuntarily.

Su Ying asked, “You do not have the guts?” Hua Wu Que asked hoarsely, “Why must I choose one cup?”

Su Ying replied nonchalantly, “Because I want to decide once and for all our lives and deaths, isn’t this reason enough?”

Hua Wu Que asked, “Why must I fight it out with you?”

Su Ying replied, “Why must you fight it out with Xiao Yu’er? If you can fight him, why can’t I fight you?”

Hua Wu Que was stunned again.

Su Ying said coldly, “Are you thinking that there’s no confidence of winning by doing this? Will you only agree to fight with others when you’re sure that you will win?” She continued with an icy laugh, “But you obviously know that when you’re very confident of winning when dueling with someone, that is not called a duel, it’s called murder!”

Hua Wu Que’s expression turned ashen, cold sweat breaking out from his face.

Su Ying laughed coldly, “If you really do not have the guts, there is no way I can force you, but…”

Hua Wu Que gritted his teeth, and finally picked up a cup.

Please let it be Su Ying that dies.....

I don't think anyone is going to die in this poision duel. SY is too smart...she probably poisioned both of the cups but I bet she has the antidote so it doesn't matter which cup HWQ picks, he will be sure to die. I wonder who's going to come to HWQ's rescue.

HWQ is an idiot. Chances are both cups are poisoned.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

That's what I thought too TT. Maybe HWQ will surprise us...

su ying is reasonable enough i think. Here nobody other than floral princesses know why XY and HWQ should fight to death. so su ying also dont need to tell the reason of her poison duel

HWQ is such a nice person and I hope he will not die by Su Ying's hand - is Su Ying so stupid that she can't see XYE will always hate her if she harms HWQ?

How come no one trusts XYE's martial arts and HWQ's kind heart but vice versa?

Also where are JBH and son? Are they really out of the picture?

Jean, thank you so much for the wonderful translation! I wasn't able to log in for sometime and it was great to read the updates in one go

She's not stupid at all. If you think about it her reasoning makes perfect sense. He will hate her if she kills Hua Wu Que, but he'll be alive. That is all that matters to her.

Is anybody else thinking PRINCESS BRIDE here?

This is just an educated guess, but just in case:

click to show/hide spoilers
    GL has been building up way too much about HWQ losing, dying, etc. on his own volition. To "surprise us" maybe what'll happen is that during the fight XYE will be the one who loses on purpose

Thanks for translating, Jean!

Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    Is anybody else thinking PRINCESS BRIDE here?
    Inconceivable!

"My name is Xiao Yu Er. You killed my father...prepare to die."

oh, i LOVE princess bride! "as you wish!"
    used to thought cary elwes was just so darn cute!

back to topic. since HWQ is one of the main cast, i hardly think he'll die before the big duel. either way, i still love SY.

Thanks Jean for continuing this translation. I haven't read any translations in a VERY long time so when I checked the Legendary Siblings translation, I was surprised by how many chapters was completed. I finished reading 50+ chapters in a few days time and eagerly awaiting the next installment. Thanks again Jean!
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

to continue....

Su Ying stared at him and said each word slowly, “Whether this cup of wine is poisoned or not, you made the choice, so you should believe that it’s a fair duel. It’s a lot fairer than most of the duels in the world.”

Hua Wu Que suddenly smiled as well, “That’s right, this is indeed very fair, I…” Suddenly someone shouted, “This is not fair at all, you must not drink that cup of wine!”

With a ‘bang’ the door was knocked open and someone rushed in. It is Xiao Yu’er.

Su Ying asked hoarsely, “Why are you here as well?”

Xiao Yu’er smiled icily, “Why can’t I be here?”

He has already grabbed the wine cup from Hua Wu Que’s hand as he spoke, and said loudly, “Not only must I come, but I must drink this cup of wine.”

Su Ying’s expression changed, “You can’t drink this wine.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Why can’t it be drunk?”

Su Ying replied, “This… this cup is poisoned.”

Xiao Yu’er laughed coldly, “So you already know that this cup is poisoned.”

Su Ying replied, “It’s my wine, I put the poison in, why wouldn’t I know?”

Xiao Yu’er roared in anger, “Since you know it, why do you want him to drink it?”

Su Ying replied, “This is supposed to be a duel to the death, there must be someone who has to drink this cup of wine. It’s his bad luck to choose this cup, how can I be blamed?”

She stared at Hua Wu Que and added, “I did not ask you to choose this cup, right?” Hua Wu Que only nodded. He may not be afraid of death, but once he thought that he almost made a trip to the gates of hell earlier, his palms just broke out in cold sweat.

Xiao Yu’er looked at the wine in the cup and said with a frosty smile, “I know you did not ask him to choose this cup, but it’s all the same no matter which cup he chooses.”

Su Ying asked, “Why?”

Xiao Yu’er roared, “Because both the cups are poisoned. You can trick others with such tactics, but you can never trick me. It doesn’t matter which cup he chooses, he will die once he drinks it, so there’s no need for you to drink the other cup at all.”

Su Ying looked at him, tears almost falling from her eyes.

Xiao Yu’er shook his head and said, “Hua Wu Que oh Hua Wu Que, the problem with you is that you trust women too much!…”

Su Ying sighed sadly and mumbled, “Xiao Yu’er oh Xiao Yu’er, the problem with you is that you distrust women too much.” She suddenly picked up the other cup of wine from the table and drank it in one gulp.

The expression on Hua Wu Que’s face changed, and he stammered, “You… you’ve wronged her, I should still drink this cup of poisoned wine.”

Xiao Yu’er asked, “Why!”

Hua Wu Que shouted back, “Since this is a fair duel, and since I have lost, I will die with no complaints!”

Su Ying sighed, “You’re really a gentleman, I only hate myself for…” Xiao Yu’er suddenly laughed loudly, “That’s right, he is a gentleman, but I’m not, that’s why I know your tricks.”

Hua Wu Que said angrily, “How can you say that about her, she has already drunk the other cup of wine!”

Xiao Yu’er said with a laugh, “Of course she can drink it, because she is the one who poisoned it, and she has long taken the antidote. Don’t you understand such a simple trick?”

Hua Wu Que looked at her, unable to say anything else. Su Ying looked at him as well, and after a long, long time, she muttered, “You’re really a smart person, really too smart!” She smiled sadly and added, “But no matter what, I did it for you, you really should not have treated me this way.”

Xiao Yu’er roared again, “How do you want me to treat you? Did you think that once you’ve killed Hua Wu Que, I’ll be grateful to you?”

Su Ying replied, “Naturally I know that you will not be grateful to me, because you are all heroes, and heroes will not use unorthodox methods on others. When heroes want to kill someone, they’ll do it themselves!” As she spoke, tears fell from her eyes. But she immediately dried her tears and continued, “Let me ask you, even if I am one who uses unorthodox methods to kill, what’s the difference between me and you people?”

Xiao Yu’er roared, “Of course it’s different, at least we’re more aboveboard than you!”

Su Ying laughed coldly, “Aboveboard? You obviously know that your opponent is not your match and yet you want to duel with him, is that fair? Is that aboveboard? Could it be that only using weapons to kill is considered fair, considered aboveboard. Then why don’t you learn from dogs and use your mouths to bite? Isn’t that even more aboveboard?”

She pointed at Xiao Yu’er and said, “Besides, at least I have a purpose in killing others, I’m doing it for you. No matter what a woman does for the person she loves, it will never be considered shameless, but what about you people?” She continued fiercely, “You’re going to fight to the death soon, it’s either you kill him, or he’ll kill you, and who are you doing this for? For what? You’re just dog biting dog, and two mad dogs at that.”

Xiao Yu’er was stunned by the reprimand, and unable to say even a single word. This is the first time in his life that he was speechless after getting a scolding. Hua Wu Que stood there, cold sweat dripping down from his head.

Su Ying cried hoarsely, “I am a conniving, vicious woman, you’re a great hero. From now on, I no longer wish to think so highly of myself that I can be a match to you. Who lives or dies, is no business of mine…” Her words slowly became chocked, and she finally can’t help but wail loudly, and ran out with her face covered.

She did not turn back. Once a person’s heart is shattered, he will never turn back.

I think that this is bad- i actually fear that Su Ying did not take the antidote beforehand.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

What's bad about that???

Bonus posting, end of chapter 123.... 3 more chapters to go!

The leaves on the tree, dropped down on the paper window one by one, the cricket at the corner of the wall is still making noises, but the spider’s web under the beam has been torn apart by the wind. The web is broken, but it will be mended very quickly. The spider will never give up, but once the web of feelings is broken, can it be mended very quickly as well? Do humans have the same never say die spirit as the spider?

Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que faced each other, not speaking for a long time. After a long moment, Hua Wu Que sighed, “Why did you have to treat her like that?”

Xiao Yu’er was quiet for a long time before mumbling, “It seems that there’s a lot of differences between you and me.”

Hua Wu Que replied, “No one is totally alike.”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “Because of me she’s going to kill but I gave her a tongue lashing. She wants to kill you, but you’re speaking up for her. This is the biggest difference between us.”

He continued with a bitter smile, “That’s why you’re forever the gentle man, but I’m forever the…”

Hua Wu Que interrupted him, “Why must you always belittle yourself. Actually you’re the real gentleman, or else why would you have hurt her because of me?”

He sighed and continued, “Besides you, I cannot think of anyone else who will hurt his own lover because of his enemy.”

Xiao Yu’er suddenly smiled and said, “I did it not for you, but for myself.”

Hua Wu Que asked, “For yourself?”

Xiao Yu’er replied, “That’s right, for myself…” He slowly repeated this sentence again, an unfathomable look flashed in his eyes, making him suddenly look like a very profound person. Every time Hua Wu Que sees this look in his eyes, he knows that very soon someone is going to be in trouble, but who will be his target this time?

Xiao Yu’er continued calmly, “Because if I let you die in the hands of another now, not only will I regret it for the rest of my life, but I’m afraid I may be in pain for eternity as well.”

Hua Wu Que’s expression changed and he asked, “Why?” Xiao Yu’er replied, “Because…” But before he can say anything else, someone suddenly commented, “Because he wants to kill you with his own hands!” This is Princess Yao Yue’s voice, but it’s even colder than usual.

Her looks changed as well. Although it’s still as pale and cold, but there is also now a clear, soft glow. If her face is akin to ice in the past, then it is now akin to jade.

Xiao Yu’er looked at her and heaved a long sigh, “It’s only been two, three days since we last met, but you actually look a lot younger now. I guess all the beauties in the world should practice that ‘Clear Jade Skill’ of yours.” Princess Yao Yue only stared at him coldly, not speaking at all.

Xiao Yu’er sighed again, “Ever since I saved you, you have been ignoring me. Sometimes I really wish that we’ll forever be trapped in that rat’s hole. At that time you were so obedient towards me, so courteous towards me.”

Princess Yao Yue’s expression changed, and said, “Have you finished talking?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “Yes, but I just want to remind you that if not for me, no matter how much younger you become, you’ll still be dead after a few days of being trapped in that rat’s hole.”

Looking down from the peak of the mountain, the clouds floated by and the rivers were winding like ribbons. Yan Nan Tian stood alone at the tallest point of the peak, and looked so lonely. But he has since learned to tolerate loneliness long ago. Since ancient times, anyone who wants to stand at the highest point, must first learn how to tolerate loneliness. He’s not the only person on the mountain, but it seems that everyone is very far away from him. The breeze fluttered his clothing, a white cloud floated past his eyes.

Murong Shan Shan suddenly heaved a long sigh and said sadly, “Never has there been someone like him in the past, and never will there be someone like him in future… although Hero Yan is the ultimate hero, but how many times have he really experienced happiness in his life?”

Murong Shan Shan sighed again and continued, “It seems that it’s better to be an ordinary person.”

Murong Shuang sighed as well and said slowly, “I want to go with the wind, but am afraid that the high towers would be too cold…”

Suddenly someone exclaimed, “They’re coming, coming.”

Murong Shuang asked, “Who is coming?” She turned around and saw Xiao Yu’er and Hua Wu Que appearing amongst the clouds.

The wind blew even stronger, the sky is slowly darkening.

Su Ying walked aimlessly, not knowing how long she has walked, or where she has walked to. She only wish that lightning will strike now and shatter her to pieces, and the pieces will be blown away by the wind, to the ends of the earth, the further the better. But she also wish that Xiao Yu’er will suddenly rush over, kneel beneath her feet and beg for her forgiveness, and swear that he will never leave her again.

But Xiao Yu’er did not come, the lightning did not strike as well. The bitter wine in her heart is still full, and she does not know when will she be able to finish drinking it.

From where Tie Xin Lan stood, she can see Xiao Yu’er, and she can see Hua Wu Que as well. She saw the pain in Hua Wu Que’s eyes, and her own heart broke as well.

But Xiao Yu’er was still smiling, as if he’s not concerned at all. Could it be that he’s certain that Hua Wu Que will kill him? Or is it because he’s confident of dealing with Hua Wu Que? Tie Xin Lan chewed on her lips until there was blood. The blood is salty, but her heart is bitter, and who would be able to understand the bitterness in her heart?

I love this novel alot but, man, characters in this novel seem to chew on their lips alot. I wonder how scared a deformed TXL's lips are. Thanks for the update Jean.