Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1007

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long Part 3

WOW!!! finally done and over! i'm in a state of mixed feelings. happy, yet sad that it's over. have to find something else to look forward to now. definitely disappointed that there was no final showdown. and i guessed right. the fight between xye and hwq was so darn short. but still, a very happy ending.

i must bowdown to you, jean, for the wonderful work you've done. can't thank you enough for the time and effort that went into this translation. a huge pat on the back... i'd give you a giant hug if i could.

of course, we need to thank wubbles, bubeng and athena here for their wonderful work translating - its good to see you back bubeng!!! i wonder where wubbles and athena here, maybe they will resurface

Many thanks for all the work.

I must say that I am disappointed with the ending. I was expecting the "happily ever after", but I was also expecting some kind of unexpected turn of events at the end. This story deserved better. Much better.

:\

Thanks for the translation. Its quite a long story.

After reading this, I just realized there is a comic book in the early nineties called budha's palms that sort of copied the plot line of this novel, with the Yan Nan Tian character as the main hero. As the story dragged on, the last I read they killed off the HWQ and XYE characters. Sucks.

So compared to that comic book, the ending in the real novel is much more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Single Whip View Post
    Thanks for the translation. Its quite a long story.

After reading this, I just realized there is a comic book in the early nineties called budha's palms that sort of copied the plot line of this novel, with the Yan Nan Tian character as the main hero. As the story dragged on, the last I read they killed off the HWQ and XYE characters. Sucks.

So compared to that comic book, the ending in the real novel is much more satisfying.

In the comic they don't kill off either of them, in fact XYE actually learns Yan Nan Tian's martial arts, and at the end the three of them square off against the Floral Princesses. Much more exciting ending than the book, but there also weren't women for each of the brothers in the comic either.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Gu Long must have been a Fleming's fan. It's a Bond's ending.

Many thanks Jean! Live long and prosper!
    "I may walk slowly but I'm walking forward"

Thanks everyone! It's really been a long journey. And yeah, the ending was kinda anti-climatic huh.

And Bubeng's back! We gotta thank all those who started the translation as well, because if not for them, I won't be so hooked onto the story that I'd want to take it on.

And no, I won't be doing duke of mount deer, coz firstly that has already been translated and secondly, it's not really one of my preferred stories.

As for what I plan to do next, maybe is to fill up some missing chapters in other novels. Maybe HSDS. Coz I read the translated text halfway and it just stopped. :P Although I can read the chinese version but given a choice I'd prefer to read the english version, because I read faster in english. As for how long I can cont with HSDS, it will depend on my mood and stamina.

Hey, maybe we should indicate somewhere in the title thread (maybe unabriged version) that the novel is now complete? Can any of the mods help change that?

THANK YOU SOO MUCH JEAN!
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

Jean + Foxs = really good reading in future for me
    hope u and foxs get a good system working.
    Thanks Jean.

You could always help out Pacifian with DGSD.

yep,
    sure it would be a real treat to read more of dgsd.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Banned
    where dews kiss the first blush of the morning rose

Default thank you thank you

Thank you Jean and all other translators out there. You don't know what it means to grow up with all these stories and yet is unable to read them because you do not know chinese. I have been following this translation track for a long long time and it has been all worth it. Let me compliment you Jean for the way you deliver the story. You are not just a translator but you are also a story teller. There is a difference. A story teller knows how to entice and stop at the right place to draw the reader into the story. So Kudos and I will certainly follow other translations that you chose to do in the future.

Hooray! Thanks to Jean--especially for working on this while taking care of you dog--and all the translators who've contributed to the translation over the YEARS. You all are fantastic!

Thanks a million Jean and all the previous translators who have made this possibel. I really don't have words to describe my feelings as i am feeling a barrage of emotions happiness, sadness, gratitude. So i would just end by saying "THANK YOU" and may all your dreams come true as you surely have made mine come true.
    Last edited by Spidey; 09-23-07 at 03:07 AM.

[QUOTE=Jean;743143]Thanks everyone! It's really been a long journey. And yeah, the ending was kinda anti-climatic huh.

And Bubeng's back! We gotta thank all those who started the translation as well, because if not for them, I won't be so hooked onto the story that I'd want to take it on.

QUOTE]

Long journey it has been! When did Athena start the translation? I was still in Guam at that time enjoying life, now I'm back again in the States slaving away like everyone else with hardly any time to visit spcnet .
    There's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Still some lingering questions...

1. What was the sinister secret plan that Xiao Yu'er discovered in Jiang Bie He's study described to shake the wulin world?

2. Was there anything significant in the treasure belonging to the Ten Evils? Du Jiao Jiao claimed the treasure chests alone were more valuable than the contents. Or was this a ruse to get Jiang Yulang to locate them?

3. Didn't Xiao Yu'er eat Nu'er Hong, a highly potent poison regarded as "worse than death" and activates in 3-5 days? Did he ever find/take the rare antidote?

jean, thank you so much for all the hard work!!! I was an awasome novel... and thanks to you we could read it till the end

Thank you bubbeng, wubbles and athena for all the work as well

Many, many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 9Dragons View Post
    Still some lingering questions...

1. What was the sinister secret plan that Xiao Yu'er discovered in Jiang Bie He's study described to shake the wulin world?

2. Was there anything significant in the treasure belonging to the Ten Evils? Du Jiao Jiao claimed the treasure chests alone were more valuable than the contents. Or was this a ruse to get Jiang Yulang to locate them?

3. Didn't Xiao Yu'er eat Nu'er Hong, a highly potent poison regarded as "worse than death" and activates in 3-5 days? Did he ever find/take the rare antidote?
    1. If I am not mistaken, he is just made a plot for all the martial artist to
    fight to death over some fake secret manual created by him. I am not
    too sure about any other plans.

2. I do believe it is indeed a ruse so that Jiang Yu lang can search for Wei
    Wu Ya's treasure. The logic is that since JBH is WWY's special guest
    and JYL is his son, he can do the dirty job for them. I dun remember
    whether it was clearly stated.

3. Xiao Yu Er definetely fake the poison effect so that he can delay his
    his match with Hua Wu Que. Therefore he can fool both the Floral
    Princesses to search for JYL (since he witness XYE taking the poison)
    in WWY's cave. Though I have no idea why he is so keen to bring both
    the princesses in there when he can also get into deep trouble.

Hope that helps.

One thing that I might have missed... way back in chapter 27, when Xiao Yu Er was in the cave on the cliff with the treasures and Xiao Mimi comes and tricks the other two in the cave (Shen Qing Hong and the Lord of Monkeys) to their deaths, a demented voice shouted to them. Who did this voice belong to and did that person ever appear properly in the novel?

Cool, 1000th post for this thread.

From post 999, I still don't know how the bodies of those two just disappeared. Did they not drop down from the cliff? Like Xiao Yu Er said, their bodies were not found. If that is the case, where did their bodies go?