87. You may not vote on this poll
  • gwok jing

36 41.38%
  • yeung gor

22 25.29%
  • zhang wuji

29 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who is the best fighter among the condor trilogy heroes?

Default who is the best fighter among the condor trilogy heroes?

among the main male protagonists in the condor trilogy, which hero would emerge as victor in a hand to hand combat against the other two? please do not vote for your favorite. try to be objective and vote for the man who is most likely to win based on his skills and ability to strategize.

will it be gwok jing, yeung gor, or zhang wuji?

(i apologize if a similar thread already exists, but i couldn't find it using the search function.)

yes, it's another poll!!!!

EDIT:
    assume that all three men are at their peak when thrown in combat.
    no weapons allowed, but they are allowed to expel their qi
    hmm..i'm still trying to figure out if they are allowed to fight dirty, but that is a part of strategizing...hmmm...
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-15-07 at 11:02 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

this is really difficult.. because i have to say they're all on par.. i don't think anyone could be able to parry a stance and be able to attack at the same time of anyone's move.. so yea hmm...I definetly would have to see some sort of DT if it was a triple threat.. otherwise.. I see ZWJ being victorious..

We need some more criteria, as the three fighters in question reached their peaks at different stages of life.

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller
    this is really difficult.. because i have to say they're all on par.. i don't think anyone could be able to parry a stance and be able to attack at the same time of anyone's move.. so yea hmm...I definetly would have to see some sort of DT if it was a triple threat.. otherwise.. I see ZWJ being victorious..
    Many of these issues are sort of covered between the GJ and YG thread...

But my 2 cents--

GJ probably can parry and attack at the same time. He has the L/R techniques which allows him to use 2 simultaneous dragon palms. Or any other technique of his choosing (white bone claw, divine finger flick, empty fist, 9-yin, etc.)

Since HYS can use one Divine Finger flick technique to counter YG's sad palm energy. I have to lean towards GJ for the win due to his ability to unlease two techniques at once.

However, I'm not sure how QKDNY would react to 2 simultaneous attacks of Great's level caliber.

wow...zwj is second?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

well...., the main problem with this poll is that we don't have any criterias to vote off. If we just talk about ZWJ fighting to his full potential in special instances (such as the 3rd battle with the 3 Du Generations), then realistically speaking ZWJ could top the other 2 because he has more potential in terms of the martial arts.
    However, if we're talking about a "normal" everyday battle, then GJ could really come out on top because he has the most experience. ZWJ would clearly not be the choice in a normal situation since he usually is too soft in this condition and as a result underperforms + he lacks some experience.
    YG wouldn't be the choice in my mind because he is the most instable one of the 3. I would rather vote someone's art who is a bit more stable. Of course, if YG could be forced to his full potential in certain VERY rare instances, then he could possibly surpass GJ and ZWJ.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721
    Many of these issues are sort of covered between the GJ and YG thread...

But my 2 cents--

GJ probably can parry and attack at the same time. He has the L/R techniques which allows him to use 2 simultaneous dragon palms. Or any other technique of his choosing (white bone claw, divine finger flick, empty fist, 9-yin, etc.)

Since HYS can use one Divine Finger flick technique to counter YG's sad palm energy. I have to lean towards GJ for the win due to his ability to unlease two techniques at once.

However, I'm not sure how QKDNY would react to 2 simultaneous attacks of Great's level caliber.
    when GJ choose to use L/R technique his power in each arm is only halv power. so his divine flick might not be able to counter YG's overwhelming sad palm.

Considering a three way battle is kind of hard since they are on par with each other. If I would choose a winner, I'd choose YG because he is clever, he could win by tricking the other two into beating each other which would give him the upper hand. Then again I don't really know how smart ZWJ is.

I think the only way Guo Jing can be beaten is by overwhelming numbers. He da man!

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller
    I am in accord with your statement.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

don't forget Z3F and WCY as well
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Then again I don't really know how smart ZWJ is.
    He was intelligent enough to memorize _all_ enormous medical knowledge of Butterfly Valley Divine Doctor Hu Qingniu, teach 9 Yang Zhen Jing to himself and master it when he was just 14 - 19, then learn Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi + Sacred Fire Tablet Divine Art + Taiji techniques in just a couple of hours.
    I think he's not less intelligent than Yang Guo.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Yes he may not be smart as GJ in stragetizing for wars.. or knowing when to take the offense or defense as well as Z3F in battle.. but he can certainly recognize flaws and weaknesses.. as it was stated int he novel when ZWJ first came out of the room than Sing quan locked them in and he saw his uncle and one of the wudang brother fighting.. he saw many flaws that either warrior coulda exploited and possibly win the battle.

I always got the impression that ZWJ with his entire assortment of skills was the strongest in the trilogy but mentally he was the also the weakest of them all

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    I always got the impression that ZWJ with his entire assortment of skills was the strongest in the trilogy but mentally he was the also the weakest of them all
    That's my impression as well. I believe that Cheung Mo Gei might have more raw power than either Gwok Jing or Yeung Gor, but in a fight, he would be hard-pressed to overcome either of them because he is not quite as adept at using his skills in fighting as they are. Cheung Mo Gei could likely overpower either Gwok Jing or Yeung Gor in a contest of sheer strength, but he would probably struggle to outfight either of them.

Zhang Wuji mentally weak? He taught medicine to himself (with occasional pointers from Hu Qingnu).

I think Guo Jing would win. If UFC is any indication, Guo Jing would always win with his Mongolian wrestling skills.

YG would be the one with the weakest mental strength. He nearly lost it to GWM because of that, FFS.

ZWJ faced many traumatic events as a kid, even seemingly inevitable and painful death and he always stood strong. Continuing with the example of self-taught medical skills from above, his first chance to get some practice was with 15 people injured in the most horrific ways possible by Golden Flower Granny. He was 14 or 15 at the time and that did not faze him at all.

By the time ZWJ reached 50 (and would've mastered both 9 Yang and 9 Yin), he would take on both GJ and YG and own both.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Wuji has a great academic intelligence and his mentality is not weak as well, but he's so pacific that his fighting instinct seems to be inferior to that of YG's and GJ's.
    Maybe in real fights with Yang Guo and Guo Jing, he'll think "Oh, this middle-aged man is one-armed, if I use all my power to beat him, that'll be unfair..." or "Great Hero Guo has devoted nearly all his life + his family to the sovereignty of the motherland, I'll deserve dying 1000s of times if I fight him without mercy."
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

yeah.... that is why I would say ZWJ would most likely lose in a normal battle. However, because of his potential, I would also say that he would win if he goes in with the need/desire to win without his normal mentality deterring him and this of course happened only trully happened once, which was the 3rd battle against the Du Generations (obviously because he would lose Xie Xun forever if he doesn't win this).
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

I would say he somewhat had the mentality during the fight with the 6major sects.. but the opponents were not so superior.. where he had to go all out