View Poll Results: What is the fate of Golden Wheel Monk?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mission Accomplished.

13 54.17%
  • Killed in Action.

11 45.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Wheel Monk vs. Ming Cult's 2 Brightness Protectors + 4 Guardian Lords

Default Golden Wheel Monk vs. Ming Cult's 2 Brightness Protectors + 4 Guardian Lords

ok so lets put time lapses aside and just imagine the Mongolian emperor has sent Mongolia's Number One Protector Golden Wheel Monk on a mission to take on and take out the rebellious Ming Cult's top 6 fighters aside from the Cult Leader(s).

Thus in this battle, we have

Golden Wheel Monk (Level 10 Dragon Elephant Prana, 5 Great Wheels Technique)

versus

2 Brightness Peak Protectors Yang Xiao + Fan Yao, and 4 Guardian Lords Purple Clothes Dragon King + White Eyebrows Eagle King + Golden Hair Lion King + Green Wing Bat King.

what is the result of such a battle? discuss and cast your votes.

Based on a pound-for-pound tally of martial arts, the Golden Wheel Monk should win this, but because this is the *Golden Wheel Monk*, he'll probably *find* a way to lose.

GWM may be a coward whenever he found himself in a less than advantageous situation, but I never considered him to be weaker than ZWJ in terns of internal energy and experience (definitely not that), so most likely he would not lose.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

hmmmm i think its reasonable to believe the 6 Ming Cult Fighters can match up well/edge out against Quan Zhen 7 Disciples. That being said, it won't be a walk in the park for GWM.

Yang Xiao by himself can take out KunLun Sect's Headmaster and Headmaster's wife.

what?! ZWJ definetly has more internal and experience than him.. I mean ZWJ may not have the killer instinct but nor does GLFW.. and not to mention ZWJ notices flaws and stuff.. GLFW wasn't said to do this in the novel... I think he'll lose.. I mean FY with his swordsmanship could probably take on the wheels .. maybe not all of them.. but some.. and if not then YX's QKDLY could definetly maintain it.. and White-king and XX, and purple-dragon can definetly match him together.. I give The MC this.. GLFW is certainly over-rated.. his skills was not that great to the point of being able to match up 6 fighters with at least 20% of his internal..

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller
    what?! ZWJ definetly has more internal and experience than him
    The internal energy part is debatable, but experience? The Golden Wheel Monk had been a martial artist longer than Cheung Mo Gei had been alive by the end of HSDS.

Golden Haired Lion King's roars are is as powerful as Yang Guo's.
    Green Winged Bat King's lightness skill is probably not slower than Xiao Long Nv's.
    Purple Clothed Dragon King's mind is very dangerous.
    Therefore perhaps there'lll be no way out for Jinlun Guoshi.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

internal energy i'd prolly give the edge to ZWJ but GWM certainly has more experience in fighting. and its not like GWM will get destroyed within 30 moves in this MU. i see it as being pretty tight and even.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    The internal energy part is debatable, but experience? The Golden Wheel Monk had been a martial artist longer than Cheung Mo Gei had been alive by the end of HSDS.
    From what he showed in battles in ROCH.. it wasn't very evident =\

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    Golden Haired Lion King's roars are is as powerful as Yang Guo's.
    Green Winged Bat King's lightness skill is probably not slower than Xiao Long Nv's.
    Purple Clothed Dragon King's mind is very dangerous.
    Therefore perhaps there'lll be no way out for Jinlun Guoshi.
    Exactly.. I mean sure GLFW is strong.. but we don't wanna treat the MC members like shit you know...

and on top of all this I think white eagle king, YX , FY could probably take GLFW on in internal..

From what he showed in battles in ROCH.. it wasn't very evident =\
    The Golden Wheel Monk had a serious problem with nut-shrinkage, but that doesn't mean he lacked experience. At the time that they met in ROCH, the Golden Wheel Monk probably had more experience (i.e. time as a martial artist) than Gwok Jing did.

Whether or not that experience helped him is a different matter, but he had it.

The Golden Wheel Monk had a seriously problem with nut-shrinkage, but that doesn't mean he lacked experience. At the time that they met in ROCH, the Golden Wheel Monk probably had more experience (i.e. time as a martial artist) than Gwok Jing did.

Whether or not that experience helped him is a different matter, but he had it.
    the problem with GWM is that he was prolly challenging a lot of scrubs most of his lifetime. he supposedly never got hurt during all his battles in Tibet and Mongolia and wherever else he travelled until he reached the Central Plains.

and i highly doubt that just White Eagle, YX and FY can take on GWM's internal. GWM was able to edge out Southern Monk YD in an internal energy battle.

Jinlun obviously has more experience than Wuji, but in ROCH, he didn't ever show his ability to find the flaws in the MA of others'.
    Conversely, Wuji is just a 20 year old young, however his intelligence + vast knowledge on Medicine and MA Philosophy allows him to discover his opponent's foibles and imitate his/her MA. As far as I know, in HSDS, there's no opponent that Wuji was incapable of overcoming.
    Therefore I think Wuji can beat the combined force of 2 Protectors + 4 Guardian Lords.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

As far as I know, in HSDS, there's no opponent that Wuji was incapable of overcoming.
    Cheung 3 Fung would probably give him all he could handle. Also, the three Dao-generation Shaolin monks seemed to have his number.

Therefore I think Wuji can beat the combined force of 2 Protectors + 4 Guardian Lords.
    I think so. The Ming Cult Guardian Lords and Herald of Light were good fighters compared to most of HSDS's wulin, but they generally didn't do that well against Greats-level fighters.

this makes sense if we refer back to the battle that ZWJ took on against 3 Du Generation Monks. i think the weakest Du monk was equal to YX+White Eagle King. With that as a referral point, one Du Monk = One Brightness Peak Protector + One Guardian Lord. The Du Monks were saying they were "tied" versus ZWJ but eventually ZWJ was gonna take the win with his inexhaustible 9 Yang Shen Gong.

That being said, the difference between the 3 Du Monks and the 6 Ming Cult Fighters is the difference between a Brightness Peak Protector and a Guardian Lord. With this slight advantage, ZWJ should be able to take the win. But question is can Golden Wheel Monk do the same? Can he gain back the pride he had as Mongolia's Number One Protector in this 1-on-6 battle?

or is he gonna be asking if he can bring the XuanMing Elders along?

Cheung 3 Fung would probably give him all he could handle. Also, the three Dao-generation Shaolin monks seemed to have his number.
    But ZWJ later could've won had ZZR not semi-distracted him.. so he was later able to overcome him.

I think so. The Ming Cult Guardian Lords and Herald of Light were good fighters compared to most of HSDS's wulin, but they generally didn't do that well against Greats-level fighters.
    They also generally were fighting alone.. we've never seen them all team up.. I mean I believe Ming Cult was the #3 clan.. passing E-Mei.. and probably tying MoDong.. they're martial artists were not crap by far.

They also generally were fighting alone.. we've never seen them all team up.. I mean I believe Ming Cult was the #3 clan.. passing E-Mei.. and probably tying MoDong.. they're martial artists were not crap by far.
    The single piece of information that I found most telling about the Ming Cult Guardian Lords' and Herald of Lights' limitations was Wai 1 Siu's remark after Cheung Mo Gei, Yeung Siu, and Yan Teen Sing had failed to break the Dao monks' formation that, "Even if all of the rest of us were to gang up on the monks, it would have made no difference." The Ming Cult was missing Tse Tsun (down in the pit) and Dor Yee See (back in Persia), but they had the Five Freemen (I guess I've settled on that name for them) in their place. Wai 1 Siu didn't think that their combined strength could have taken on the Dao monks' formation.

in the novel, the Ming Cult's 6 fighters didn't have some type of uber fighting formation did they?

cuz i recall in an old Jin Yong rpg game i played in the past, they did have such a formation but i'm guessing it's just a imaginative alteration the game designers just had to put in.

The single piece of information that I found most telling about the Ming Cult Guardian Lords' and Herald of Lights' limitations was Wai 1 Siu's remark after Cheung Mo Gei, Yeung Siu, and Yan Teen Sing had failed to break the Dao monks' formation that, "Even if all of the rest of us were to gang up on the monks, it would have made no difference." The Ming Cult was missing Tse Tsun (down in the pit) and Dor Yee See (back in Persia), but they had the Five Freemen (I guess I've settled on that name for them) in their place. Wai 1 Siu didn't think that their combined strength could have taken on the Dao monks' formation.
    Is Dor Yee See the Dragon King?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian
    Is Dor Yee See the Dragon King?
    yeap...she's also known as Golden Flower Granny.