Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Smile Thanks!

wAH! THANKS A LOT.
    SO FAST....

Default Help! Desperately trying to find the title of this 90s mainland series

I really liked this modern chinese series from the 90's. I forget the name, but the summary goes like this:

A guy and a girl in love get married. But, on their wedding day, the girl gets hit by a car. She is not injured, but the trauma causes her to lose her voice. She lives with her fiancee and his mom. Her inability to talk annoys him, and they grow further apart. The guy's mother never liked her and does little to help her. She meets up with a rich guy who develops an interest in her because she looks like a friend of his who died long ago. He falls in love with her, and she eventually returns his feelings. Later on, she leaves her husband's house due to constant fighting and they divorce later on. Her ex-husband falls for another girl who was the rich guy's lover. They marry and have a very unhappy life (she never truly loves him and was impregnated by the rich guy). In an accident in the end, the ex-husband stabs his wife (second) accidentally and kills her. He is sent to jail (will be released in a year bc it was an accident). The mute girl eventually regains her voice and marries the rich guy in the end.

This is basically the summary. A lot of other things happen in between but I tried to make it as detailed as possible. All in all, it was a really good series. If you know the name, go watch it (very good!!). If it strikes a bell in any way, please comment! Thanks in advance!

If it helps, the ex-husband wore glasses and has a brother who sells fruits. The rich guy later takes away his ex-lover's child.

Default Help! Does Anyone Know This Series?

I saw this series when I was a kid. I think it came out in the early 90's. It's Chinese. I can only think of parts of the series, so if it's confusing, I'm very sorry.

In the beginning, a family gets beheaded by the government. One of the family's servant takes the son and hides. The son marries a girl and are in hiding. The servant and a friend helps the couple hide. The friend has a friend that works for the government. The government worker makes a mask for the guy that is hiding. The goverment worker betrays the couple and catches them, kills the friend and marries the friends wife. The couple will get beheaded. The couple has a baby boy. The servant took the baby boy to the shaolin temple to hide. The goverment workers find the baby and takes the baby boy to be killed with the couple. Right before the couple got caught, their servant took them to a psychic. The psychic gives them each a red thing with bells on it. They are to put the bells in their mouth when they get beheaded. The couple and their baby is killed. The couple is reborn again. The guy is reborn and is the government worker's wife's adopted son. The girl is reborn and she keeps on see the guys eyes every time she looks in the water well. The guy is a rickshaw puller in the next life.

Sorry, this is all I have. I never saw the ending. I desperately want to see this movie. Like I said, I saw it when I was a kid, so I don't know any of the characters, actors, actresses and forsure the title. It is a drama series. Please, Please help if you know anything about this. Thank You so much.

Wink hi!!

check this!!! vimeankhmer.net or khmerfun.net

Hi! I hope somebody here can help me because I can't remember enough about the series to know what it's called, or who is in it. I just know it was early/mid nineties.

The story centered around two young girls about 10 years of age (in the beginning), one poor (who sold flowers) and one rich. They meet and the rich family takes the poor girl into their home after her mother dies. They separate when the rich one moves to the States, and in a ***10 YEARS LATER*** kinda deal, the two reunite (the rich one sees the poor one singing on the street with a wig)

The only character name I know is the poor woman, Chiu Tong (Qiu Tong, Cheeyew Toung)...don't know how to spell it.

*SPOILER WARNING*
    Eventually, the rich one gets married to an abusive rich man (and her father dies during this union) who she eventually murders and I think goes to jail briefly. The poor one gets with her boyfriend and they become fairly wealthy after building houses or something. Eventually the rich one ends up with the poor one's man and dies of cancer.

One subplot of the storyline is that a rich b*tch who is jealous of the poor woman makes chickens die on the poor woman's uncle's farm, so he commits suicide.

The last scene I believe is a kite-flying scene.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS AT ALL!!?? EVEN JUST ONE OF THE ACTOR'S NAMES?!
    it would be GREATLY appreciated!

yeah i need a series too. im pretty sure its a tvb series, and it was about 2 cops that were assigned as partners and then solved a bunch of crime cases. the partners are a guy and a girl, and i remember thinking that they would get together but in the end they didnt. they didnt because in the end, the guy's old girlfriend came back after being missing for a long time (her name was Qianqian, i remember) and she had like no legs or something so he felt bad for her or something and stayed with her. so the he just leaves his partner alone and goes off with his old girlfriend. and then i also remember one case where they get drugged or something and then they end up like on a matress in a warehouse or something together, but then they get out and its a big warehouse. i also remember one case where there was this doctor and it turns out in the end that he was the killer of some woman because the dead woman caused his wife to commit suicide and he wanted revenge. his wife committed suicide because she was in a car accident with the woman the doctor killed before and then because of the trauma from the accident or something she lost her child (she was pregnant). she was so depressed that she jumped off the building. so the doctor decided to have revenge on the woman who crashed into his wife's car and killed his child and made his wife commit suicide by killing her.

thats all i remember. could someone please help me with this?

thanks!

Here goes!

Hi! I hope somebody here can help me because I can't remember enough about the series to know what it's called, or who is in it. I just know it was early/mid nineties.

The story centered around two young girls about 10 years of age (in the beginning), one poor (who sold flowers) and one rich. They meet and the rich family takes the poor girl into their home after her mother dies. They separate when the rich one moves to the States, and in a ***10 YEARS LATER*** kinda deal, the two reunite (the rich one sees the poor one singing on the street with a wig)

The only character name I know is the poor woman, Chiu Tong (Qiu Tong, Cheeyew Toung)...don't know how to spell it.

*SPOILER WARNING*
    Eventually, the rich one gets married to an abusive rich man (and her father dies during this union) who she eventually murders and I think goes to jail briefly. The poor one gets with her boyfriend and they become fairly wealthy after building houses or something. Eventually the rich one ends up with the poor one's man and dies of cancer.

One subplot of the storyline is that a rich b*tch who is jealous of the poor woman makes chickens die on the poor woman's uncle's farm, so he commits suicide.

The last scene I believe is a kite-flying scene.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS AT ALL!!?? EVEN JUST ONE OF THE ACTOR'S NAMES?!
    it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hey guys, I am presently watching this series about a Black hourse, with white hair. The horse is really famous and everyone wants to tame it, but it listen to this young guy. He also falls for the villian's daughter, but is engage to his teacher's daughter she is known as Gaun Yin.

Not sure if I remember too much from it, but it was a series from 2006 or earlier. It's set in an earlier time (not sure when.. most are in traditional dress, but occasionally people wear Western clothes). A girl in a small village makes her debut as a Chinese opera singer and becomes very popular. There is a man from her village that loves her, but she becomes enamored with a rich, arrogant man, who ends up taking her to his hometown. However, it turns out that he planned on selling her... From there, I don't know what happened because I never got to see the rest of it. If anybody could help me, that would be great. Thanks =]

Smile

i saw this series a few years ago, probably in 2004 or 2005. it's about this girl who moves into a house which is occupied by i think 5 guys and two of the guys like her. they are around they're late teens or early twenties. the girl has short black hair and at first none of them likes her and thinks she's annoying. im pretty sure the title is ping guo hua yuan or something like that. please tell me if anyone recognizes that story line!!! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lily10 View Post
    i saw this series a few years ago, probably in 2004 or 2005. it's about this girl who moves into a house which is occupied by i think 5 guys and two of the guys like her. they are around they're late teens or early twenties. the girl has short black hair and at first none of them likes her and thinks she's annoying. im pretty sure the title is ping guo hua yuan or something like that. please tell me if anyone recognizes that story line!!! thanks
    oh i know this one! the title is 红苹果乐园,hong ping guo le yuan (red apple paradise?) this one right?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/2003-09-25/3_28-3-326-206432_200309261581.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    yeah i need a series too. im pretty sure its a tvb series, and it was about 2 cops that were assigned as partners and then solved a bunch of crime cases. the partners are a guy and a girl, and i remember thinking that they would get together but in the end they didnt. they didnt because in the end, the guy's old girlfriend came back after being missing for a long time (her name was Qianqian, i remember) and she had like no legs or something so he felt bad for her or something and stayed with her. so the he just leaves his partner alone and goes off with his old girlfriend. and then i also remember one case where they get drugged or something and then they end up like on a matress in a warehouse or something together, but then they get out and its a big warehouse. i also remember one case where there was this doctor and it turns out in the end that he was the killer of some woman because the dead woman caused his wife to commit suicide and he wanted revenge. his wife committed suicide because she was in a car accident with the woman the doctor killed before and then because of the trauma from the accident or something she lost her child (she was pregnant). she was so depressed that she jumped off the building. so the doctor decided to have revenge on the woman who crashed into his wife's car and killed his child and made his wife commit suicide by killing her.

thats all i remember. could someone please help me with this?

thanks!

If I remember correctly, the serie you're talking about is Detective Investigation Files 4, starring Louise Koo Tin Lok, Jessica Hsuan, Sunny Chan, and Charmaine Sheh.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    Hey guys, I am presently watching this series about a Black hourse, with white hair. The horse is really famous and everyone wants to tame it, but it listen to this young guy. He also falls for the villian's daughter, but is engage to his teacher's daughter she is known as Gaun Yin.
    Oh, I know this one...well, at least I know the Vietnamese title = Vo Ngua Bien Cuong. Can't help you out on the chinese title, though I did look it up once and the drama is an adaptation of a novel by some author if I'm not wrong.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca View Post
    Oh, I know this one...well, at least I know the Vietnamese title = Vo Ngua Bien Cuong. Can't help you out on the chinese title, though I did look it up once and the drama is an adaptation of a novel by some author if I'm not wrong.
    The Chinese title is Ma Ming Feng Xiao Xiao.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
    If I remember correctly, the serie you're talking about is Detective Investigation Files 4, starring Louise Koo Tin Lok, Jessica Hsuan, Sunny Chan, and Charmaine Sheh.
    yeah i looked it up and i think this it it!!! thank you so much! i have been looking FOREVER for this!!!!

Default Pai An Jing Qi

After seeing a music video on huang xiao ming, I became obsessed with knowing which movie it was. I found out it was Pai An Jing Qi (Secret Murder, Amazing Cases), but I want to watch it in Vietnamese. Does anyone know the title of it, or one with english subtitles. It's known as King of Judge, but I have know clue of what's going on. Please reply I am going crazy by trying to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by SweeterDarts View Post
    After seeing a music video on huang xiao ming, I became obsessed with knowing which movie it was. I found out it was Pai An Jing Qi (Secret Murder, Amazing Cases), but I want to watch it in Vietnamese. Does anyone know the title of it, or one with english subtitles. It's known as King of Judge, but I have know clue of what's going on. Please reply I am going crazy by trying to find it.

I can help you with this. Huang Xiao Ming acted as an evil Prince in here. Alec Su and Rebecca Wang is the main lead. This is a case by case kind of serie and Huang Xiao Ming is only in the first case. It also go by name Perplexed Bloodhound and the viet title is Vo Dich Thanh Thien.

Thanks, i found it after i posted this, but i'm still greatful.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
    I can help you with this. Huang Xiao Ming acted as an evil Prince in here. Alec Su and Rebecca Wang is the main lead. This is a case by case kind of serie and Huang Xiao Ming is only in the first case. It also go by name Perplexed Bloodhound and the viet title is Vo Dich Thanh Thien.
    its called Secret Murder, Amazing Cases or Wu Di Xian Ling (无敌县令) or 拍案惊奇 / Pai An Jing Qi. lol, lots of names. but here it is on dramawiki:
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Secret_Mur..._Amazing_Cases

I would appreciate it if someone can please tell me the vietnamese title for "rougue snow."

Or also known as Red Powder Snow.
    Last edited by ckrazy; 07-29-09 at 08:32 PM.