Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Talking question about unknow series

Hello everyone,

I have another question again , this wuxia series was release around 2002-2004, it has Jason Wu in it. One of the main male character name in there was Pho' Ho^`ng Tuye^'t .

I didn't watch it from the begining, but all I could remember was Jason Wu was inlove with his master/sifu/adopt sister which was an older lady. This lady (actress) was in this group and she was one of 3 or 4 leaders in the group, and the group want to get rid of her. Her weapon was a short sword. And if I remember correctly, she played in Tie^?u Ly' Phi Dao w/ Vincent too, but I don't think she played La^m Thi A^m, b/c I know she is not Tie^u Tu*o*ng . At the end of the series, I think Jason Wu died, cause his lover/master/sifu died already

And the girl that was Pho' Ho^`ng Tuye^'t girlfriend in the series, she's deeply inlove with Jason Wu, and this girl was in Wind and Cloud 1, in which she paired up with Peter Ho^` (Cloud, Bo^. Kinh Va^n)

Ok...I bet that was very confusing to describe, my questions are : Does anyone know what is the name of that series? Viet title would be great , I think that might be a Gu Long series .
    Another question, does any know the name of the two actresses in there, the girl that love Pho' Ho^`ng Tuye^'t name, and the actress that played as Jason Wu lover/master/sifu name ???

Thank you so much in advance

The series is Sich Ma Tieu Tay Phong. The actress that plays Jason's lover/sister is Yu Fei Hong, I just remember her real name in there is Phan Phan but the name she uses throughout the series is different. The annoying actress who plays the girl who likes Jason is Tao Hong.. she played something Ming Nguyet.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by yufeihong View Post
    The series is Sich Ma Tieu Tay Phong. The actress that plays Jason's lover/sister is Yu Fei Hong, I just remember her real name in there is Phan Phan but the name she uses throughout the series is different. The annoying actress who plays the girl who likes Jason is Tao Hong.. she played something Ming Nguyet.
    Awww..thank you so much yufeihong, I remember Tao Hong's character name in Sich Ma Tie^u Ta^y Phong now, it was Minh Nguye^.t Ta^m . Such a cool name .

Default What TV series is this?

I've been watching tv series with Jordan Chan and Anita Yuen in it. But the title was never shown on TV. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out find what the title as I have no luck finding it online either. Jordan Chan and Anita Yuen are divorced couple, but they are eventually business partners. This comedy drama really got me interested to watch more.

Jordan Chan's character name in the tv series is Chai Tian
    Anita Yuen is Hai Di
    and their cute little child is Mi Li

And...in the TV series, there's also the Taiwanese veteran actress Liu Xue Hua, whose character is Anita Yuen's mother in the TV series.

I would appreciate it if anyone can let me know what the title of this series is?

Thanks!

This thread exists for a reason. I don't mean to pick on just you, but more people seem to be unnecessarily starting new threads with questions like this one of late.

Anyway, the name of the series you're asking about is Wo Jia Bu Da Yang (我家不打烊).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default PLEASE HELP ME ID THIS SERIES

Hey everyone,

i am trying to find the name of a modern chinese drama series that I watched a while back. Not sure if it was China/Taiwan/HK.

The story starts out with a guy that supposedly died in his car due to CO poisoning cuz he fell asleep in the car. He went to where ever dead ppl go and they sent him back because they think he shouldnt have died yet. Anywho... there's also this angel that came back with him or something. The guy falls in love with the angel, which technically cant happen because he's human and she's an angel and the story goes on. The ending was fairly sad, where i believe the angel died and the guy lived on without her.

I dont remember exactly wat year i watched this series, but it was a while back. Say between 1996 to say 2000.

PLEASE HELP ME ID THIS SERIES.
    THanks

i sorry i have never watch anything like this but it does sound nice... i hope you figure out what series it is soon.....
    if time can be turn back......there won't be tomorrow....

anyone have any idea? thanks

I have no idea about it, may be you remember who played in it? It will really help

i honestly don't remember. the only thing i remembered was the beginning of the series and the ending.

I remembered a HK series with a man coming back from the dead and an angel helping him. But I didn't watch the whole series so I don't know the ending. Did the angel have curly hair and very weird fashion sense?

-nevermind--
    Last edited by MysticDust; 01-23-08 at 03:56 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I remembered a HK series with a man coming back from the dead and an angel helping him. But I didn't watch the whole series so I don't know the ending. Did the angel have curly hair and very weird fashion sense?
    im not sure. But do u know the name of the series. Its a lead nonetheless.

Default help me find the name of series?

hi all, i had posted this question in the taiwanese forum, but nobody got back to me so i was thinking it might have been a mainland production? so here is my post again, if anyone can help! thanks!

when i was 10 or so i watched this tv series about a princess and a monk that i really really liked. i remember most of the plot but can't for the life of me remember the title. i think it was a qiong yao series because i'm pretty sure the beginning and ending music videos began with the same book-opening-sequence as huan zhu ge ge. here are some details:
    -set in qing dynasty
    -princess was the daughter of a wang ye
    -princess fell in love with a monk, who tried to reject her for obvious reasons but still ended up falling for her
    -turns out they were linked by reincarnation, because in the tang dynasty they were lovers also.
    -in their past life, the monk was a really ugly and deformed dude, and the princess was a girl that initially liked his brother. but the brother was a jerk or something and the princess ended up liking the monk's character.
    -i think the princess's name was "zhen ge ge" but i'm not sure
    -the princess ended up becoming a nun because she couldn't be with the monk
    if anyone else has seen this show, please let me know the title! i would really appreciate it!

Lolz this is one of my family's favorite series because it's linked to buddhism.

The author of the story was not Qiong Yao. It was actually a monk who wrote this story. And the title, in Viet at least, is translated to "Reincarnation of Love."

The viet title is "Tai The Tinh Duyen." It's most definitely isn't a mainland production and isn't that popular but it is a very good series especially if you're a hard core buddhist. I especially love the love story of their past life more than their present life. But yah, wow I didn't think anyone would ask about this series. haha I'm glad I came across your thread. Now I know one more person liking one of my not so popular favorite series.

I love the actress who played Zhen ge ge too. She's very talented and pretty. It's too bad I don't see her much. She had a lot of potential. It's a recommended series definitely! Just the later half is a bit draggy but still a very good series!

edited:

oh and the reason why she liked the brother in the first place was because of his writing at the temple. The brother pretended to be his hunched back ugly brother who wrote the beautiful writings. Then while they were running away from their pursuers, another guy who also liked her, the brother abandoned her while she fell off a horse. Then the ugly brother saved her and she found out he was the one who wrote those scriptures with beautiful writings. Then she loved him. It was a sad ending for them though.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.vietdvdstore.com/images/uploads/TaiTheTinhDuyen.jpg')
    Last edited by Nightingale; 01-24-08 at 07:47 AM.

thanks so much! now i need to go out and see if i can find the series for sale
    haha, so it's not by qiong yao and is actually by a monk? wow, i was pretty far off in my original question
    i love the princess too! she was sooooo pretty and cute! i really liked her in her tang dynasty costume. i actually liked the love story in the ching dynasty more though, cause the tang one was sadder imo.
    thanks again!!!

oh, so is this a vietnamese production then? i must have watched the mandarin-dubbed version. it's selling for only $20 at this one website i found, but it's only in vietnamese!!! so sad i guess i'll keep on trying to find it in mandarin.

No no it's a taiwanese production lolz. haha I wish a Vietnamese production can be like that lolz. But I think that you might be able to find it at the temple or maybe a website of the temple that the monk resided it. Actually...nevermind, the temple that the monk is in is actually the one that they filmed in the Qing dynasty I think. Because over here in Cali, there's a temple that closely resembles that one and it has the series in mandarin. I think the monk that wrote it is the head monk of the temple and he has two temples. One in Taiwan and one here. I heard the novel wasn't as good as the series though but I did see the series for sales when I went to the temple. I kind of doubt that you could get it online since it's not that popular....maybe you can try finding a Chinese website of the temple. It's called Xi Lai (California).

Also, have you tried translating it to Chinese? Like the Chinese translation of Reincarnation of love?

If not, we can resort to the last method, if you trust me enough I can go buy the series in Mandarin for you and mail it over to wherever you are too. haha
    Last edited by Nightingale; 01-24-08 at 09:25 PM.

haha, thanks for the clarification! i tried translating it and googling, but i got a bunch of religion hits i'm in cali also, i can go snooping around before school starts
    thanks again!

Default Name of drama?

Hello!

I recently went on a trip to Beijing and while I was there I came across a Chinese television drama. It came on twice every morning at 5 and 6 on channel BTV-4. I got a picture of the title and 2 of the main characters. I cannot read Chinese, and would appreciate some help.
    If anyone can tell me the title or any of the actors, it would be great.
    Thank you!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/Teiraa-Chan/IMG_0484.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/Teiraa-Chan/IMG_0367.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/Teiraa-Chan/IMG_0365.jpg')