Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2208

Thread: Liu Yi Fei (刘亦菲) #2#

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    ^Isn't that her look from Love in Disguise when she and Wang Leehom's character act out a play or something?
    i was just going to comment on that. i think that is from wang leehom's movie.
    but yeah. i kinda expected her to be in white dresses? it fits the whole ghost/ethereal feeling of the character imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    umm actually i think the male lead is considered to be Yu Shaoqun, who is going to be playing Leslie Cheung's role. Louis Koo will be playing some other guys who's vying for Xiaoqian's affections (or something along those lines).
    Which is better, i think, cause i don't really see louis koo as playing that scholarly type. he's too dark and manly looking yu shaoqun, on the other hand, would be good in that role. although i can't deny that MTY would've probably been a better choice. oh well
    louis koo is being credited as the male lead? aww man. i wanted the other guy.
    Yu Shaoqun plays the scholar Ning Caichen (acted by Leslie Cheung, Hu Ge, Daniel Chen etc. in past adaptations) and is the male lead who falls in love with Xiaoqian in the novel. Louis Koo plays Yan Chixia, the priest who is usually portrayed as trying to protect Ning Caichen against the demons and hunting down Xiaoqian. In this particular remake however, the director decided to switch the roles of the two male characters around and make Yan Chixia the male lead while Ning Caichen becomes a supporting character. Yan Chixia is still a priest in this movie but he is in love with Xiaoqian and is the one who steals her heart. Whereas in the original novel and past remakes, Xiaoqian only loves Ning Caichen and has no feelings for Yan Chixia.

Trailers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRpX8zE58Sw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkJio03Wt5U

The film will be released on the 22nd of April this year.

On a side note, LYF's look in this movie is very similar to her XLN getup in ROCH imo.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 03-04-11 at 10:57 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

^The look is quite similar, but I think they're going for a different image. LYF had to get curvier for this role because they wanted her to look sexier (which could explain the recent weight gain).
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Yu Shaoqun plays the scholar Ning Caichen (acted by Leslie Cheung, Hu Ge, Daniel Chen etc. in past adaptations) and is the male lead who falls in love with Xiaoqian in the novel. Louis Koo plays Yan Chixia, the priest who is usually portrayed as trying to protect Ning Caichen against the demons and hunting down Xiaoqian. In this particular remake however, the director decided to switch the roles of the two male characters around and make Yan Chixia the male lead while Ning Caichen becomes a supporting character. Yan Chixia is still a priest in this movie but he is in love with Xiaoqian and is the one who steals her heart. Whereas in the original novel and past remakes, Xiaoqian only loves Ning Caichen and has no feelings for Yan Chixia.

Trailers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRpX8zE58Sw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkJio03Wt5U

The film will be released on the 22nd of April this year.

On a side note, LYF's look in this movie is very similar to her XLN getup in ROCH imo.
    thanks for the trailers sunny snow! looks.. eh. the whole interest for me though in the original was the love story between a demon and this regular, scholarly student. i don't want them to change the story to have a love story between the priest and xiao qian! boo. oh well. guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

and i agree with LYF's look - i'm glad they didn't overdo the makeup or anything though, cause i think she looks prettiest with a "natural" look.

I found that her ancient look in Love in Disguise is much prettier than her actual look in A chinese ghost story. Don't know why they're giving her so little make up, though it makes sense that an image of ghost usually is bloodless and pale but i thought it's not enough dark. I preferred her look in Love in Disguise more and thought it's more suitable for the image. But I'm super excited to watch the movie. Have been waiting since the first announcement of the film.

Louis Koo looks really good for 40. I actually like her look in Ghost Story better - I feel she suits the naturalised look better as her skin is so translucent. You can't accomplish that kind of skin with make-up.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Louis Koo looks really good for 40. I actually like her look in Ghost Story better - I feel she suits the naturalised look better as her skin is so translucent. You can't accomplish that kind of skin with make-up.
    i agree. i find her prettiest with minimal makeup on. when she gets all made up for like events and stuff, i don't find her as pretty. she was prettiest as XLN, imo

7 minute teaser for Chinese fairy tale

Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

looks epic. can't wait to be release on dvd.

Looks like she's active again! And going for meatier roles in films. Good

She will soon be playing such a character in her upcoming film, Si Da Ming Pu 四大名捕, where she’ll play Heartless, the leader of a group of four famous detectives that also includes Deng Chao, Collen Chou and Ronald Cheng. While Liu Yifei has mostly been remembered for her fairylike roles, all three of her new films has been significantly different, a sign of her moving away from her previous image. In addition to heartless, those roles include her as the seductively beautiful spirit Xiaoqian in A Chinese Fairy Tale and the tragically loyal Yu Ji in White Vengeance.

credits: Cfensi
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

just finished A Chinese Ghost Story I would say she has improved quite a bit from her previous shows

Quote Originally Posted by lauragal View Post
    just finished A Chinese Ghost Story I would say she has improved quite a bit from her previous shows
    ooh would you recommend it? was it a good movie? (i dont really care about comparing it to the old version, since i never saw the old version) how would you rate the movie just as a movie by itself?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2myaxpi.jpg')

Liu Yifei has been cast to play the coveted role of concubine Yuji in the historical film “White Vengeance”

The movie will revolve around the intriguing tale of the Feast at Hong Gate, a term that now signifies betrayal and treachery hidden in festivity. The tale details the falling out of Liu Bang and Xiang Yu, two rebels who united to defeat the Qin Emperor and their subsequent power struggle and fall out to become the next emperor. This is interluded with two of the most famous woman in Chinese history, the infamous Lv Empress and the tragically loyal beauty Yuji.

Yuji was Xiang Yu’s consort. Their romance inspired the classic Peking opera play, “Farewell My Concubine”, from which Chen Kaige made his Oscar-nominated film of the same name.

Leon Lai will play Liu Bang. Rumours that Feng Shao Feng will be Xiang Yu and paired with LYF (sorry FSF fangirls, I still can't get what's the big deal about him)

It's Liu Yi Fei's 24th birthday today! - 25 August. Well, she may have the blandest and snobbiest off-screen personality around, but she certainly is drop-dead gorgeous.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/658xnl.jpg')

Ahhh, we are now into the month of Virgos...birth month of the most genetically blessed and beautiful people ever!! XD Already mentioned this in Shui Ling's thread but my top 3 most beautiful actresses (Shui Ling, YM, LYF) and my top 3 most handsome actors (Yuan Hong, Hu Ge, Nic Tse) are all Virgos--PLUS I just realized Alec Su is a Virgo as well! ^_^ (He may not be as "handsome" as the other 3 but definitely super lovable and one of my favourites so this just takes the cake.)

It's Liu Yi Fei's 24th birthday today! - 25 August. Well, she may have the blandest and snobbiest off-screen personality around, but she certainly is drop-dead gorgeous.
    True--the first time I saw one of her pics was totally by random, I had no idea who she was but I thought the girl was so pretty I saved the pic onto my computer anyways...only found out later on who she was. Definitely, as mentioned before, in my top 3 of all-time most beautiful Asian actresses.

Also just wanted to say, when I said she came off as "snobby" in HG's thread I definitely don't mean in a "mean" way (like the typical "snobby" girls you think of). Actually she is probably the most polite and sweet actress around, always very careful to be kind to everyone and not offend anyone, and never put a toe out of line/say anything wrong. She kind of reminds me of those noblemen's daughters in ancient series, you know those high-status "xiao jie"...like Zi Wei in HZGG--very sweet, quiet, beautiful, proper, polite, nice to everyone, etc., but also rather "sheltered" has a bit of a slight "air" due to her family background/upbringing (which I called "snobby" but is probably not the best term).

So I can definitely see her appeal and why she is very popular! (Even if I personally find her type too bland/devoid of emotion.) I have been meaning to check out some of her more recent projects--I will try to watch "Qian Nu You Hun" soon and of course I will definitely be catching "Hong Men Yan" (since FSF is in it ). Her "Si Da Ming Pu" doesn't really interest me though (not to mention the styling/makeup in that movie makes her look way plainer than she usually is--though of course that's the point I guess!), but sounds like it'll be a very different and more challenging role for her so at least she is starting to branch away from her typical "beautiful vase"-like roles! Certainly a good step for her to grow as an actress.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-24-11 at 11:22 PM.

Rumours that Feng Shao Feng will be Xiang Yu and paired with LYF (sorry FSF fangirls, I still can't get what's the big deal about him)
    haha, i completely agree! i kinda dont want them to be paired up...i dont think he's good enough for her (dont kill me FSF fangirls! haha)

haha, i completely agree! i kinda dont want them to be paired up...i dont think he's good enough for her (dont kill me FSF fangirls! haha)
    Oops! I wrote that post before JoleCole and mango_cake won me over with their adorable FengMi observations.

HOW DARE YOU!!! Lol nah, I'm just joking, I had similar sentiments not too long ago. I kinda feel bad for FSF though--LYF fans think he is not good enough for her, YM fans think he is not good enough for her (and want him to stop "using" her to "get popular"), probably some Ady fans think he is not good enough for her...P.S. rumour has it there is a BIG chance that he will be starring with FBB in his next movie project, I bet FBB fans will think he is not good enough for her...lmao.

Well, I think he's the type that grows on you and you slowly appreciate him more and more! Plus he will only be getting more and more prominent in the chinese entertainment industry so you girls should just give in and enjoy him.

Oops! I wrote that post before JoleCole and mango_cake won me over with their adorable FengMi observations.
    I know, I am a bit embarrassed to go back and read my past posts which I am sure contained some significant amounts of FSF bashing. FSF I promise I will make it up to you with another gushing-over-FengMi post in YM's thread later today!
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-25-11 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    HOW DARE YOU!!! Lol nah, I'm just joking, I had similar sentiments not too long ago. I kinda feel bad for FSF though--LYF fans think he is not good enough for her, YM fans think he is not good enough for her (and want him to stop "using" her to "get popular"), probably some Ady fans think he is not good enough for her...P.S. rumour has it there is a BIG chance that he will be starring with FBB in his next movie project, I bet FBB fans will think he is not good enough for her...lmao.
    LOL poor guy. i mean, i'm sure he's a nice guy and all, just looks wise...eh. not the worst, i guess but haha, the whole working with a bunch of beautiful girls thing doesnt seem to be working out for him, huh?

If FSF does star with LYF, she's going to make him look even worse than he normally does!
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次