Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast

Thread: Liu Yi Fei (刘亦菲) #2#

Quote Originally Posted by hslinger View Post
    oh! :]
    actually, i prefer ancient chinese looks like LYF's.
    i dont really like caucasian looks at all, really. the big noses are annoying :P and i dont find high cheekbones very attractive either.
    i respect your opinion though, i guess its because im chinese.
    but I'm chinese too!!! lol..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by alexshaw View Post
    in male part i cant agree more. but chinese girl has better skin and figure. causasian women look like ostriches.

what the hell does that mean?

I think caucasians are what the ideal chinese want to look like. doube eye lids, white skin

who care hes mike or michael? in my eyes xixi is the whole world

ermm...ok.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I think caucasians are what the ideal chinese want to look like. double eye lids, white skin
    exactly!!
    i think most asian who go under the knife will choose the features of a caucasian.. when most caucasians who go under the knife, obviously will only choose caucasian features.. u dun see them going all asian..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

I guess her music career (dancing and singing) is no more, eh! Glad she's back into acting. I like her acting a little bit more than her singing. Looking forward to the new movie (well, it's Jet Li that I like to see lol). Last I heard she's going to Stanford or something? Now she's doing the movie, so Stanford is no more too, eh???

btw, she looked more beautiful in the new movie than her XLN.
    Last edited by spyefox; 07-01-07 at 05:26 AM.
    life is more meaningless with less money

Quote Originally Posted by spyefox View Post
    I guess her music career (dancing and singing) is no more, eh! Glad she's back into acting. I like her acting a little bit more than her singing. Looking forward to the new movie (well, it's Jet Li that I like to see lol). Last I heard she's going to Stanford or something? Now she's doing the movie, so Stanford is no more too, eh???

btw, she looked more beautiful in the new movie than her XLN.

someone correct me if I am wrong... how come I hear now that she is suggesting yale?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

perhaps thats one of her agents' publicity stunts again.....Beijing Film Academy? Stanford? Yale? wow...by the sound of it she is one damn intelligent gal!

where did you hear it, Sugar?
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 07-01-07 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    perhaps thats one of her agents' publicity stunts again.....Beijing Film Academy? Stanford? Yale? wow...by the sound of it she is one damn intelligent gal!

where did you hear it, Sugar?

I was browsing at Asianfanatics and some ppl said she is going to Yale now based on a interview

Guys, the media tend to exaggerate everything. Not sure if she's going to Yale or not, but besides the fact that money and fame can get you to many places these days, celebrities are often depicted as being much smarter/greater/nicer than they actually are.
    It's like how Boa, the Korean singer, is repeatedly marketted as this excellent multilingual star when really she can only speak Korean fluently (her native language) and improving Japanese. Her English sucks a$$ (and she still needs translators) and let's not even get into her Chinese. She too was claimed to enter some top Korean university awhile ago.

They're celebrities. Don't believe everything you hear. And as a celebrity, there comes many advantages and priviledges.

I was browsing at Asianfanatics and some ppl said she is going to Yale now based on a interview
    So it's Yale now? What's next? Harvard, maybe? lol

LYF really should stick to acting. She's lucky cos she will make her movie debut with big names like Jet Li and Jackie Chan.
    life is more meaningless with less money

Oooh Harvard - Sugar would be thrilled! I could see her going over and asking for LYF's autograph!

Yale has a good drama school...boasts alumni like Meryl Streep. Perhaps she's aiming for that? Although with Beijing Film Academy LYF's already proved that graduates don't always live up to their school's prestige
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii View Post
    Guys, the media tend to exaggerate everything. Not sure if she's going to Yale or not, but besides the fact that money and fame can get you to many places these days, celebrities are often depicted as being much smarter/greater/nicer than they actually are.
    It's like how Boa, the Korean singer, is repeatedly marketted as this excellent multilingual star when really she can only speak Korean fluently (her native language) and improving Japanese. Her English sucks a$$ (and she still needs translators) and let's not even get into her Chinese. She too was claimed to enter some top Korean university awhile ago.

They're celebrities. Don't believe everything you hear. And as a celebrity, there comes many advantages and priviledges.

Oh don't Talk about BoA. Her english is horrible and her chinese isn't even " basic" as they say. You know what? They even say she can speak french! She says a lil " J' taime" and she is considered a genius

I hate how media or whatever her producers do by making stupid rumors about LYF. I find it gets more ridiculous than actual wow. I am not sure if this is true or not but I was wondering if someone heard that as well.

LYF really should stick to acting. She's lucky cos she will make her movie debut with big names like Jet Li and Jackie Chan.
    HArvard can be bought.. sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Oooh Harvard - Sugar would be thrilled! I could see her going over and asking for LYF's autograph!

Yale has a good drama school...boasts alumni like Meryl Streep. Perhaps she's aiming for that? Although with Beijing Film Academy LYF's already proved that graduates don't always live up to their school's prestige

of course i would ger her LYF"s autography. I am pretty sure her possy Sparky would pay anything to get it.

Default Xie Xie!

Dai Hup is polite. Welcome to forum

I got to say she was a very pretty WYY. I think she looked the best there. I actually didn't like her that much as XLN. I think she captured innocence well ( her age helped her here too) and nice coordination of movements. However, her acting was really raw not to mention, the camera kept on zooming to her face.

LYF isn't as bad as some people say, but they way she is promoted and her credentials sound really cheap.
    With respect to Sugar,

Thank you very much for your warm welcome; I can feel the love and caring atmosphere around here already! Hehehe! I have actually joined this forum a while back; however, I restrained myself from posting because I was afraid of wasting everyone’s time! Nevertheless, I have decided to step out of the closet because I can no longer resist from asking more questions and making some comments! Hehehe!

Yes, even though I don’t agree that LYF is a goddess, I cannot argue that she is cuter than most actresses out there right now. However, since she is still very young, she clearly does not having the same acting experiences as the veterans; hence, your acting is pretty raw.

I do agree LYF was a very pretty WYY and looked her best in that role. However, other than being drop dead gorgeous, WYY was a rather simple character to portray. It does not really take an experienced actress to bring WYY to life. The most important criteria an actress must have to play WYY would only be beauty.

On the other hand, even though XLN is not the most complex character, she certainly is more difficult to portray than WYY. XLN was supposed to very gorgeous, innocent and cold. After falling in love with Yang Guo, she was supposed to be much more compassionate to him only. Although LYF was very beautiful, she was definitely too young to play XLN, especially since HXM was given the role of Yang Guo. LYF’s portrayal of XLN was just flat out terrible because she just did not fit the role. However, this is certainly not her fault since the director made all the decisions and she had to accept them if she wanted the money.

Yes, LYF obviously is not as bad as some people say; however, she is certainly not worth praising as a goddess either!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    say, i already answered this in my very first reply. If the statistics youre talking about is done in china, how would the spcnetters represent the stat? we're from all over the world From your very first post which says "Is this forum really that much different from the normal statistics?" it kinda give me the idea that the statistics is done in her home country and the neighbouring....however, if you were talking about the stat of this forum (when was it done again?) then you should know that almost in every poll she's in (in the last years, not sure about now) there are bound to be people with multiple accounts voting for her

[/font][/font]

just so happen most of the neutrals and haters throngs in this forum? from my observation, there are many LYF's fans here, but when enough negative posts talks about LYF then perhaps the fans kinda give up to defend her?
    [/font][/font]

not my place to say whether youre reliant onn polls or not. but thinking back to OUR previous polls, 0-0-0, please refresh my memory, did LYF win Actress Battle Royale? i was not around to see the results but a few months later i did find the thread to see the result, just that i forgot now but in the last years i kinda get this idea that every poll (in spcnet) LYF is in she'd always win. of course, there's always the case of cheating

errr??

btw, Dai Hup, do you mind using the multiquote function? the function isnt there for everyone to ignore, you know.....
    With respect to GhostdarTeal’c,

First of all, I would really like to apologize for being ignorant, uncultured, and sheltered! Yes, I am well-aware that I am a horrible person! I am ignorant because I lack real knowledge, uncultured because I was raised in the US, thus, was not exposed to many of the Asian customs, sheltered because I have not been out in the real world at all. Despite all my negative points, I am actually very passionate regarding learning the Asian cultures and showing Westerners how beautiful they are! Of course, I am only trying my best right now, but certainly have not accomplished anything yet! Hence, I would really appreciate it if people can be patient with me and cut me some slacks!

As I have mentioned earlier, since I am sheltered, I thought the world of Asian entertainment revolves around Spcnet forum! Yeah yeah yeah, I know it is very childish and immature of me to think that way, but I certainly had that thought until some members enlightened me that this was only one out of many forums. Now I know that comments/discussions in here won’t really have a lot of values outside of Spcnet forum.

Here is another thing to show my ignorance! I don’t know how to use the multiquote function, but I would definitely like to learn since it would also make things easier for me! Can someone please teach me how to use this function or direct me to any relevant sources since I have tried searching through “help,” but to no avail?

Regards,
    Minh Giao

why is everyone so kind? i thought forums are the place to show agression. hahaha. FLAME ON BABY.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hup View Post
    With respect to GhostdarTeal’c,

First of all, I would really like to apologize for being ignorant, uncultured, and sheltered! Yes, I am well-aware that I am a horrible person! I am ignorant because I lack real knowledge, uncultured because I was raised in the US, thus, was not exposed to many of the Asian customs, sheltered because I have not been out in the real world at all. Despite all my negative points, I am actually very passionate regarding learning the Asian cultures and showing Westerners how beautiful they are! Of course, I am only trying my best right now, but certainly have not accomplished anything yet! Hence, I would really appreciate it if people can be patient with me and cut me some slacks!

As I have mentioned earlier, since I am sheltered, I thought the world of Asian entertainment revolves around Spcnet forum! Yeah yeah yeah, I know it is very childish and immature of me to think that way, but I certainly had that thought until some members enlightened me that this was only one out of many forums. Now I know that comments/discussions in here won’t really have a lot of values outside of Spcnet forum.
    gosh, now youre making me feel guilty with all those self-cursing la....

well, you can learn a lot just by being a silent surfer, and now that youve decided to speak up, i guess you can pick up the pace around here then

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hup View Post
    Here is another thing to show my ignorance! I don’t know how to use the multiquote function, but I would definitely like to learn since it would also make things easier for me! Can someone please teach me how to use this function or direct me to any relevant sources since I have tried searching through “help,” but to no avail?

Regards,
    Minh Giao
    multi-quote button is the button between quote and post quick reply on the bottom right of the post. its the one with a callout and a plus on its topleft section.

just click the multi-quote button on the first post ( and consequtive posts) you want to quote and click the quote button on the last person you wanna do. you can also click multi-quote button on all the posts you wanna quote, and then click post reply as the last step.

both ways work just the same you would want to use this function when you wanna quote more than one post.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    why is everyone so kind? i thought forums are the place to show agression. hahaha. FLAME ON BABY.
    lol the name speaks for itself
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 07-03-07 at 05:07 AM.

in male part i cant agree more. but chinese girl has better skin and figure. causasian women look like ostriches.
    ostriches?!
    you really are making me laugh XD

a lot of chinese people have natural double eye lids though, so...
    oh, and a lot of chinese have pale skin too, maybe not white, but fairly pale.
    i really dont find caucasian looks 'ideal'
    its mostly koreans who get plastic surgery.

err... sorry. this has nothing to do with LYF
    Last edited by linger; 07-03-07 at 12:15 PM.
    ~
    .shu chang.
    Leanna, <3

then work it and bring in some controversy :

then work it and bring in some controversy :
    i think LYF is supper hot and talented, she'll be my future wife.

... good job

Well, not bad... -_-" That's if she'll be interested in you first... Cos now she's really 'famous' and 'popular' amongst guys isn't she?
    Drama Serial Maniac... The crazy one