Thread: All versions of "Linghu Chong" from Smiling Proud Wonderer..who's the BEST?

Thumbs up All versions of "Linghu Chong" from Smiling Proud Wonderer..who's the BEST?

I think this series is really good. Which version do you think is the best? I like the '96 version by Jackie Lu and Fiona Leung. The chemistry is good, the costumes is alright, nothing special but I focus on the acting and not so much on the clothing or how much technology was put into it. I guess it was a low-budget series but it was darn well good. Anyone think so or disagree?
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

I'm with you. Absolutely can not disagree at all! The costumes were acceptible. They may not be made out of silk but they look presentable and appropriate enough. I really like the Hua Shan school, especially the huge painting of the mountain and stuff. The Sun and Moon cult' outfits were nice. DFBB is acted by an actor who looks she-male in the way they make-up him, they didn't have to resolve to use a woman like Steve Ma's version, ugh! I've watched the Taiwanese version and the mainland version and although mainland had great scenery, traditional opera-ish songs featured in the series, I still prefer the 1996 adaptation.

At least the nuns weren't wearing make up.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Are we comparing XAJH versions of LHC portrayals? For XAJH version, I prefer mainland 2001 version marginally better than the TVB 96 version, but for LHC portrayal I found Jackie's LHC much more likeable than Li Yapeng's version. My vote, based on the thread title, goes to Jackie then.

From what I heard, a lot of people like State of Divinity 96 the most.

As far as LHC goes though, I am not sure, I don't particularly like the story. Too much eunuchs going around.

Definitely Jackie's portrayal of LHC...he was so carefree...Li Ya Peng was a bit too serious for my liking

Just another echo here.

The Jackie Liu version, hands down. The music was awesome, too. I love that flute melody the two dying musicians were playing together.

only saw 96 version, so i guess its jacky liu. i bet u all saw the 96 version first, thats why u all vote for it :P
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I actually quite liked LYP's Linghu Chong...
    Is Jacky Liu's LHC the one with the afro-puffy hair??? Cuz if it is...
    LOL
    I saw the trailer for that one...it looked like a joke, no offense.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    I actually quite liked LYP's Linghu Chong...
    Is Jacky Liu's LHC the one with the afro-puffy hair??? Cuz if it is...
    LOL
    I saw the trailer for that one...it looked like a joke, no offense.

hmm.i dont think so. i know that TCS made a version with Steven ma jing tao and Fann Wong. steven had the poodle head
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    only saw 96 version, so i guess its jacky liu. i bet u all saw the 96 version first, thats why u all vote for it :P
    No, I actually seen Steve Ma Jing Tao and then Jacky Lui and then Li Ya Peng's version and well out of the three, only Jacky Lui played the character properly.

The link to the clip in my signature says it all.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    No, I actually seen Steve Ma Jing Tao and then Jacky Lui and then Li Ya Peng's version and well out of the three, only Jacky Lui played the character properly.

The link to the clip in my signature says it all.
    ya i have the series in cantonese. too bad ur link is in madarin :\

i dunt really like state of divinity much tho cause the story seems too dark for me.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    ya i have the series in cantonese. too bad ur link is in madarin :\

i dunt really like state of divinity much tho cause the story seems too dark for me.
    There's still comedy in it. I don't find it that dark. If you want dark, you read Gu Long. Gu Long seem to have very little comedy.

I've only watched the one with steven ma and fann wong..steven and dong fang bu bai were good actors and actresses, i felt. I particularly liked the theme song that was sung by fann wong, and the ending song as well..the instrumentalist music named as Xiao Ao Jiang hu if i am not wrong, is my favourite of all. I like the oriental instruments.. I'm sorry that i haven't seen the other version, especially if you all think its better..
    Hmm...?

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

i like the 1984 version, the one with chow yun fat. i like the theme song from that.
    i like the actors and actresses from that series as well as the costumes (80s costumes are always so pretty). chow yun fat seem like he had the physique, more then jackie liu, for it. rebecca chan and jamie chic look so pretty and their acting was good. tsang kong is cool as wah san sect leader.
    the 1996 version was ok. i didn't like the costumes. i like the theme song. jackiu was a good LHC, other then his physique, he look a bit too skinny. i didn't like fiona leung as yingying.
    the 2001 china version was good. LHC was good. ling san, yingying was pretty and good chemistry. good scenery and special effects.

my fav is 1984 ^_^
    Last edited by shanghai girls are hot; 03-26-07 at 11:49 AM.

Definetely LYP's version!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    There's still comedy in it. I don't find it that dark. If you want dark, you read Gu Long. Gu Long seem to have very little comedy.
    NO NO

If you want SEX, you read Gu Long or Huang Yi, GL is more wuxia-hardcore.

If you want dark, read Liang Yusheng.