Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Loved/Hated Actress(es)

Talking Most Loved/Hated Actress(es)

Okay....so...
    MOST LOVED does NOT mean actress with the most amount of fans. It means the actress that is generally liked.
    MOST HATED does NOT mean actress with the most amount of haters. It means the actress that is generally hated. (ex. Bai Ling lol)
    So yes, that means LYF does not qualify for any of these titles. Sorry.
    Happy nominating!
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

LYF as MOST LOVED.....

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    LYF as MOST LOVED.....
    Sorry SkyKing, but she has so many haters as well...who regard finding out you're actually a closet LYF fan being the worst possible thing ever.

I'd probably say Gao Yuanyuan for MOST LOVED on this forum. Lots of obsessed fans, but not as many critics as Liu Yifei, since those critics of LYF tend to be GYY fans.

Shu Chang is also generally liked...haven't heard much criticism of her, well at least not as much as most actresses.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    Sorry SkyKing, but she has so many haters as well...who regard finding out you're actually a closet LYF fan being the worst possible thing ever.
    Haters who are jealous that she is more popular than the actresses they are obsessed with.

Okay....so...
    MOST LOVED does NOT mean actress with the most amount of fans. It means the actress that is generally liked.
    MOST HATED does NOT mean actress with the most amount of haters. It means the actress that is generally hated. (ex. Bai Ling lol)
    So yes, that means LYF does not qualify for any of these titles. Sorry.
    Happy nominating!
    Hmm, most loved by everyone...

Barbara Yung
    Angie Chiu
    Vicky Zhao (a maybe)

Not that much actually...

The way redfirefly asked the question, one would think that all Little Dragon Girl actresses out there are automatically taken off the most liked or most hated list.

Idy Chan, Carmen Lee, Li Yi Fei fans...if they are fanatics of one of these actresses...seriously you think they would like the other two?
    Last edited by Felix; 02-24-07 at 03:36 PM.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh
    Haters who are jealous that she is more popular than the actresses they are obsessed with.
    Aiyya, I concur!!! How can the sex goddess, LYF not be popular when sex sells? Men are dying for a glimpse of those peachy-creamy thighs, whereas, women are wasting precious time enviously adoring those beautiful shapely thangs…

I am a woman and I’m so envious of her assess. LYF makes me feel ashamed of my own disproportionate lower body. That’s why I come in this thread everyday to pay tribute to my goddess – my idolatry is attributing to her popularity and no ones can deny this fact!
    Last edited by bellamia; 02-24-07 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Hmm, most loved by everyone...

Barbara Yung
    Angie Chiu
    Vicky Zhao (a maybe)

Not that much actually...
    hm, probably not vicki.

the ones most loved are the less famous ones, i would think. The more famous they are, the more fans and critics there will be.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    hm, probably not vicki.

the ones most loved are the less famous ones, i would think. The more famous they are, the more fans and critics there will be.
    Actually Vicki has that one incident with the Japanese-looking shirt back then. Plus there are probably Ruby Lin lovers who dislikes Vicki, and vice versa.

Oh another actress that is love would be Ho Mei Tian. I don't see what others see in her, but everyone I know seems to call her cute. Not my type I guess.
    Last edited by Felix; 02-24-07 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Actually Vicki has that one incident with the Japanese-looking shirt back then. Plus there are probably Ruby Lin lovers who dislikes Vicki, and vice versa.

Oh another actress that is love would be Ho Mei Tian. I don't see what others see in her, but everyone I know seems to call her cute. Not my type I guess.
    hm, i don't find He Mei Tian cute either... i mean, she's ok looking, and her actings ok, but she's not what i would pick out of a group.

in spcnet...it seems song hye gyo is the most loved n lyf is the most hated...this is not realy my personal feelings...its what i hav observed in spcnet
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    in spcnet...it seems song hye gyo is the most loved n lyf is the most hated...this is not realy my personal feelings...its what i hav observed in spcnet
    i think SHG is totally overrated and definitely not, i read this recently in a newspaper, the most beautiful asian woman at the moment. i think the main explanation is that more people here are interested in Chinese actresses than Korean ones.

Felix is right in saying the thing about the actresses who play XLN....most people either love 1 hate 2 or are okay with 2 and hate the other one.
    The really popular actresses usually have lots of haters too....
    I'd say:
    MOST LOVED: As 0-0-0 said, Gao Yuan Yuan. Also I haven't read anything about people hating Shu Chang. Maybe Sun Fei Fei?
    MOST HATED: Bai Ling wins hands down.

Actresses with not many haters in this forum would include Shu Chang, SFF, Alyssa Chia, Zhou Xun, Leila Tong, Shui Ling, Liu Tao, Chen Hao and the older generation actresses like Liza Wang and Barbara etc. GYY is generally well-liked but there are a couple of haters too, much more so than the rest i've listed.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Felix is right in saying the thing about the actresses who play XLN....most people either love 1 hate 2 or are okay with 2 and hate the other one.
    The really popular actresses usually have lots of haters too....
    I'd say:
    MOST LOVED: As 0-0-0 said, Gao Yuan Yuan. Also I haven't read anything about people hating Shu Chang. Maybe Sun Fei Fei?
    MOST HATED: Bai Ling wins hands down.

yea bai ling is indeed the most hated...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

As 0-0-0 said, Gao Yuan Yuan.
    Hey I said that

With GYY, I could use myself as an example...I personally am not a huge fan of GYY, think she's above average but not spectacular for looks, and I think her acting is about average, but I don't have any major complaints about her to the point where I strongly dislike her.

I think Barbara is generally liked but not everyone thinks highly of her looks since she's older generation.

There seems to be few haters for Alyssa lately, but I think she has more neutral people in place of haters, and her fanbase isn't as large as some others.

In my opinion, the general rule is the more lovers, the more haters.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Hey I said that

With GYY, I could use myself as an example...I personally am not a huge fan of GYY, think she's above average but not spectacular for looks, and I think her acting is about average, but I don't have any major complaints about her to the point where I strongly dislike her.
    Oops. Heh heh heh.....sorry Sparky.

I actually would put Charmaine Sheh as most hated. I think I've heard a great deal more negative stuff about her and her lack of acting skills. Of course I've never seen her on screen so I can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I actually would put Charmaine Sheh as most hated. I think I've heard a great deal more negative stuff about her and her lack of acting skills. Of course I've never seen her on screen so I can't comment.
    haha...you don't want to waste your time watching her on screen. watching her "constipated" facial expression for every single role as diverse as the roles are suppose to be is really funny the first few times but get irritating and repetitive quickly.

i think gyy is generally well liked.

ada choi is also generally well liked.

gigi has a great deal of haters in the form of obsessed charmaine fans.

as for leila tong...i don't like her. she looks sort of syndromic to me, esp for an actress who is suppose to be regarded as pretty.

zhou xun is well respected.

zhang zi yi is quite hated...from what i've gathered.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    haha...you don't want to waste your time watching her on screen. watching her "constipated" facial expression for every single role as diverse as the roles are suppose to be is really funny the first few times but get irritating and repetitive quickly.
    Heh thanks for the note patricia...I'm real eager now to see Charmaine's "constipated facial expression." So I'm assuming it's even more painful than Liu Yifei's Wang Yuyan?

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    gigi has a great deal of haters in the form of obsessed charmaine fans.
    Where are those obsessed Charmaine fans? I haven't seemed to have encountered one. Although I must say that Charmaine is a nicer name than Gigi...I bet she picked it herself too - out of all the names in the name dictionary, why Gigi?