View Poll Results: ROCH Little Dragon Girl or DGSD Wang Yu Yan?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Little Dragon Girl

24 60.00%
  • Wang Yu Yan

16 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liu Yi Fei: Wang Yu Yan vs Little Dragon Girl beauty showdown...

Default Liu Yi Fei: Wang Yu Yan vs Little Dragon Girl beauty showdown...

First off, I must say I am no where near a Liu Yi Fei fan, though I am not a hater either. Those who admire her like she is a goddess, you are going overboard. Those who say she is f'n ugly, I think you are a little overboard as well.

I might be one of the very few people who are neutral towards Liu Yi Fei. This will probably be my one contribution to LYF topic.

Anyhow, as most of you know, our goddess/monster (you take your pick) LYF has played the role of Little Dragon Girl and Wang Yu Yan. Between these two roles, just based on her looks and looks alone (leave character and personality out), which one did she look prettier as Little Dragon Girl or Wang Yu Yan?

I myself thought she looked the nicest as Wang Yu Yan. Little Dragon Girl to me was nothing special.

Please share.

Oh, and the two choices are LDG and WYY only.

I won't accept:
    "Oh, I love them both, it is so hard to choose."

or

"Man, she is ugly. I can't pick either." - In that case, choose the one where you thought she was less ugly.

My choice would be WYY. I thought she was the best looking chinese actress in wuxia series.
    Well, in wuxia series, she's still the best.

Acting was better as XLN, but she looked prettier in DGSD as WYY. I think the costumes for XLN were too flowery and elegant, and because LYF has such pale skin, white is not the best colour for her.

On the other hand, she had sweeter, pinkish costumes in DGSD which made her look better. Seeing her in DGSD, i thought "pretty," in ROCH, "nothing special."

Also, if i have time, i'll do an eyebrow comparison for the two. LYF's eyebrows in DGSD and ROCH were very different- her XLN eyebrows were thicker and "flatter", and they were more shapely in DGSD.

If you had put Ling er on the list, i might have picked the green costume for that, which suited her nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    First off, I must say I am no where near a Liu Yi Fei fan, though I am not a hater either. Those who admire her like she is a goddess, you are going overboard. Those who say she is f'n ugly, I think you are a little overboard as well.

I might be one of the very few people who are neutral towards Liu Yi Fei. This will probably be my one contribution to LYF topic.
    Well, here's another neutral person.
    I haven't seen DGSD, so I can't really vote. But she looked quite nice as XLN, and through the pics, as WYY as well. But I still don't think she's SUPER pretty.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Like most others, I think she's prettier in DGSD, because the XLN costume makes her look rather awkward. She looks really sweet as WYY even though I still dont like her.

i like her as XLN rather than WYY... she has the calmer look as XLN... WYY was way too sharp IMO...

XLN... they made her look too pretty as WYY with all the makeup

I think she was prettiest in "Chinese Paladin" as Ling'er. She looked pretty but very matured in TLBB while she looked most natural and very young in ROCH'06. Acting wise, out of all the series i've seen her in, she did best as XLN in ROCH.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    If you had put Ling er on the list, i might have picked the green costume for that, which suited her nicely.
    Yeah, I am not knowledgeable on all her series. So therefore, if I made a poll of what series I knew. Someone will come here and say "Felix, why did you not include her role in "named series"? So I just stuck with WYY and LDG. Plus, in JY novel, LDG and WYY were supposed to be on par with each other in term of beauty. So therefore, comparing LYF's LDG and LYF's WYY would be a legit comparison.

From what I saw, I thought she looked better as Ling Er than LDG.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    Well, here's another neutral person.
    I haven't seen DGSD, so I can't really vote. But she looked quite nice as XLN, and through the pics, as WYY as well. But I still don't think she's SUPER pretty.
    Yes, I find myself having to defend her and not defending her. I can't stand people who thinks she is a goddess. But of course, I also find it absurd at those who thinks she is really ugly.

For those who love her, they label me as a LYF hater.
    For those who hate her, they label me as a LYF lover.

And quite honestly, I am none of those.

Ah, so there are other neutral people out there. I thought everyone was a LYF extremist!!! Extreme lover and extreme hater.

Yes, I find myself having to defend her and not defending her. I can't stand people who thinks she is a goddess. But of course, I also find it absurd at those who thinks she is really ugly.

Ah, so there are other neutral people out there. I thought everyone was a LYF extremist!!! Extreme lover and extreme hater.
    I understand what you mean. I don't know what's super beautiful about her, nor, do i get why people think she's ugly. I think she's cute and pretty but not anything outstanding. Like what everyone else said, I'd wish you had put up a choice for Ling'er. Since I believe she was alive and not some dead zombie in CP. But since we have to pick between WYY and LDG, I'd pick LDG. I didn't like all the make up on her as WYY.

Hear, hear! Well said.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

WWY stands out more for me.

the little dragon girl..she looks gorgeous!!!!!
    BigBang RULES!!!! - I love DAESUNG/TEMPO
    Liu Yi Fei ALWAYS
    VICKI ZHAO's THE BEST

i remember i thought she was super pretty in DGSD. but it was so long ago... so now, judging for pictures. She looks better as XLN
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

of course XLN.......u can tell from my signature.......

WYY, u can find anybody 2 play tat character....XLN is a different story

I think her features look horribly bland in ROCH

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.yiiu.com/pic/jokepic/2006652124854776.jpg')

the makeup used in DGSD may be a bit too much, but at least her features don't look as plain.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dehuaca.com/UPLOADFILE/2005-12/200512211472333274.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.blogcn.com/2006/7/4/6/yw16,20060704103929.jpg')

i just cant picture her as WYY even tho she does look better in DGSD. so i pick ROCH but she is horrible in there
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

She looks more plain as XLN... not to mention, she looked REALLY young. ( a bit too young at times). It was a bit akward being with HXM.

As WYY, I didn't feel it weird when Jimmy Lin was close to her.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I'm also one to think that she looked best in CP, I remember my mom constantly commenting on how "beautiful" she looked when she first appeared But between WYY and XLN, I think she looked prettier as XLN. I don't know, I really didn't like her make-up in DSDG, it's too dark $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x6/skyl33/Smilies/icon_neutral.gif')

I thought her make up in ROCH looked good, it's just the hair, costume and lack of accessories that made XLN look more boring overall.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/725/lyfyc8.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i just cant picture her as WYY even tho she does look better in DGSD. so i pick ROCH but she is horrible in there
    I guess you missed the part where Felix stated "based on her looks and looks alone".

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    She looks more plain as XLN... not to mention, she looked REALLY young. ( a bit too young at times). It was a bit akward being with HXM.

As WYY, I didn't feel it weird when Jimmy Lin was close to her.
    I agree, it was awkward seeing her pair with HXM, but isn't XLN supposed to look about 14-15 anyway? I thought she suited the part in terms of looks. And the reason why she looked more compatible with Jimmy could be because Jimmy has a baby face, and thus eliminated the pedophile factor