Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: The COUPLES Survivor Game

My top 5 are

Guo Jing and Huang Rong
    Duan Yu and Wang Yu Yan (just simply because they look so good as one)
    Xiao Yu Er and Su Ying
    Yuan Zhengchi and Xie Qing Qing
    Ye Kai and Ding Linglin

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124

Another thing: How do you want to operate this? Here's my idea:
    1) When there's 15 couples left start minus 2 plus 2.
    2) 10 couples left start minus 3 plus 3
    3) 5 couples left start minus 4 plus 4
    4) Start with 20 points
    What do you think?
    Start with only 10 points. That has been a Survivor tradition. Don't change it too much.

Plus X, minus X will not work. Later on, it has to be +1/-X. That way we can get rid of the couples real fast.

Having 38 couples like the other game is way too much. I would hope we start out at most at 20-25 couples or so.

We also have to settle on how to do the max thing. I think Gugu mentioned, how can she vote +1/-3 when there is no one from the max she wants to take points off of.

Plus, do we have a volunteer to make sure everything is correct. Every game is so hectic at times, it took me so long to edit the scores in the other game sometimes, and not like each time I get it right. Many people forget to check that they voted just after someone else did. I found myself busy checking scores that I was unable to participate in the game at times.

Another thing. You must tell everyone when the game starts. Leave a message in the first post. The game will start in one week. Set your time table. "sort of deal"

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    I would like to nominate 2 heroic/faithful couples:

1. Wu Santong and Third Madam Wu - she stood by him through the tough times while honoring the etiquettes of the martial world, and ultimately sacrificed her life for him

2. Hu Yidao and Madam Hu
    Wu couple, nah.

Hu couple, I see them getting a fair shot at it.

So I second the Hu couple.

The fans have spoken. Yuan Chengzhi and Qingqing stay.

I wonder if anyone cares about these candidates? If so, please speak up. Otherwise, exclude them. Just trying to keep the list short enough to be manageable.

Yelu Qi and Guo Fu
    Xuzhu and Dream Girl
    Sun Xiaohong + Li Xunhuan
    Xiao Yu Er and Su Ying
    Hua Wu Que and Tie Xin Lan
    Ding Peng and Qingqing
    YCZ and HQQ is my favorite couple all time in JY, so no way do you take them out.

I wonder if anyone cares about these candidates? If so, please speak up. Otherwise, exclude them. Just trying to keep the list short enough to be manageable.

Xiao Yu Er and Su Ying
    Xiao Yu Er and Su Ying. WTH man? Is it just me, but why are my favorite couples not liked by others. First HQQ and TCZ and now XYE and SY. KEEP THEM BOTH!!!

Either that, just get rid of GL couples altogether. Sadly in the other game, no one knew who BFF and SL were, yet they were rid of. So if you exclude XYE and SY, you must exclude all non GL couples then.
    Last edited by Felix; 02-25-07 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Xiao Yu Er and Su Ying. WTH man? Is it just me, but why are my favorite couples not liked by others.
    Not necessarily "not liked," just indifferent.

Understand that I was simply recommending for the opt-::-out of some lesser known candidates based on what I suspect/envision to be the less supported candidates. By asking fans to speak up when they want to keep, I was trying to ensure that everyone had a voice in the process.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Not necessarily "not liked," just indifferent.

Understand that I was simply recommending for the opt-::-out of some lesser known candidates based on what I suspect/envision to be the less supported candidates. By asking fans to speak up when they want to keep, I was trying to ensure that everyone had a voice in the process.
    Well then, yeah, keep HQQ and YCZ as well as XYE and SY.

UPDATED LIST OF COUPLES-just because we don't have this list on this page of the discussion.
    **Maybe we should start deleting ones that have NO support....like ones that haven't been mentioned by anyone as their favs...***
    LOCH
    -Huang Rong and Guo Jing
    -Mu Nian Ci and Yang Kang
    -Feng Heng (Huang Rong's mother) + Huang Yaoshi.
    -Mei Chao Feng and Chen Xuan Feng

ROCH
    -Xiao Long Nv and Yang Guo
    -Wu Santong and Third Madam Wu

HSDS
    -Zhao Min and Zhang Wu Ji
    -Yin Susu + Zhang Cuishan
    -Yang Xiao and Ji Xiao Fu
    -Yin Liting and Yang Bu Hui

XAJH
    -Ren Ying Ying and Linghu Chong

TLBB/DGSD
    -A Zhu and Qiao Feng/Xiao Feng
    -Wang Yu Yan and Duan Yu
    -Xu Zhu + the Girl of his Dreams (Meng Gu)
    -Granny Tan + Old man Tan.
    -Duan Zhengchun and mistresses

Xia Ke Xing
    -A Xiu + Shi Potian
    -Ding Minru + Shi Qing. (the parents of Shi Potian).

Bi Xue Jian
    -Yuan Chengzhi and Qingqing
    -Golden Snake Swordsman and Wen Yi

DOMD
    -Wei Xiao Bao and his seven wives

Sentimental Swordsman Ruthless Sword (GL)
    -Sun Xiaohong + Li Xunhuan

Legendary Siblings (Jue Dai Shuang Jiao) (GL)
    -Xiao Yu Er and Su Ying
    -Jiang Feng and Yuet No

Eagles Flying in September(GL)
    -Ye Kai and Ding LingLin

Full Moon Curved Sabre (GL)
    -Ding Pang and Qing Qing

Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain
    -Hu Yidao and Madam Hu
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Look, I think it's impossible to please everyone. It's way too complicated if we have a sort of elimination before the actual game. Just get rid of the more minor couples and leave the main ones, like Yang Guo and XLN, etc.

As for Gu Long couples, I think a lot less people know Gu Long couples than Jin Yong couples, so that could work in their favour (less points off) or against them (less support).

I'm already predicting Huang Rong and Guo Jing will win this. They're obviously the most popular couple, and there's a significantly less amount of people against them. The Condor trilogy is the most popular on this forum, and 2 out of the 3 main couples are likely to be eliminated. Yang Guo and Xiaolongnv have the XLN dislikers, Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min are going to have to deal with the anti-ZM. I'd say either GJ/HR or LHC/RYY will win.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I'm already predicting Huang Rong and Guo Jing will win this.
    They won't, because:

They're obviously the most popular couple
    The Golden Arches Rule of Winning The Survivor Games.

Okay, anyone have any objection about getting rid of the Gu Long couples?
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Yang Guo and Xiaolongnv have the XLN dislikers....

I have 'dislikers'? .... I didn't know that!

I don't think Gu Long couples should be in this game. I for one am not familiar with many of the Gu Long stories. I say we just stick to JY's main and secondary couples. It'll be faster and just keep the votes to -1/+1 and for the last 10 minutes of the game we do the maniac mode that we did for the almost couple.

Please start the game soon so that I can participate before 999 posts.

Okay, anyone have any objection about getting rid of the Gu Long couples?
    Felix and I would. There are only a few Gu Long couples on the list, and they are the significant ones. I think we should let them compete.

Anyway, the list looks good to me!

They won't
    The point is that unlike other favourites, GJ/HR don't have many dislikers - their fanbase is much larger than their "hate-base." I don't know of many people who'd prefer Guo Jing with Hua Zheng or Mu Nianci. The only reason why they'd lose is because of their status as favourite. In that case, LHC/RYY and AZ/XF have a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    I have 'dislikers'? .... I didn't know that!
    It's okay GuGu - I love you.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/eighteensprings/godivaheart.jpg')
    Yo Net don't be expecting a large Alpha Centauri donation this month - that heart box of Godiva costed too much!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

We also have to settle on how to do the max thing. I think Gugu mentioned, how can she vote +1/-3 when there is no one from the max she wants to take points off of.
    I think if all of your favorite candidates are at max score, then you should be a happy lad/lass, at which point your satisfaction no longer requires a vote.

I think if all of your favorite candidates are at max score, then you should be a happy lad/lass, at which point your satisfaction no longer requires a vote.

But, its not fun just sitting back and smiling. Even if our favorite couple is at max point, there might be someone on the list that we don't like and want to get rid of. BUT we can't give a (-) unless we give a (+). So I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should be able to vote (-) without giving a (+).. maybe after every 10 votes?

It's okay GuGu - I love you.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/eighteensprings/godivaheart.jpg')

Thank YOU!!! This is where I'll take you for our honeymoon.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/baccardixx/godiva-3.jpg')
    Last edited by GuGu; 02-26-07 at 09:54 PM.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

list looks good to me...perhaps get rid of the few TLBB couples that arnt too popular, but its no biggie

they'll get eliminated sooner or later anyways
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

The point is that unlike other favourites, GJ/HR don't have many dislikers - their fanbase is much larger than their "hate-base." I don't know of many people who'd prefer Guo Jing with Hua Zheng or Mu Nianci. The only reason why they'd lose is because of their status as favourite. In that case, LHC/RYY and AZ/XF have a good chance.
    PJ is right. The past Survivor games have shown that popular candidates seldom win. So far, HR has never win any Survivor game(s) she's in eventhough she's supposed to be the most popular wuxia heroine and doesn't have much dislikers.

Also, Gu Long characters have done pretty well in Survivor games eventhough they are less known/talked about compared to JY characters.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    So I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should be able to vote (-) without giving a (+).. maybe after every 10 votes?
    The rule was that after 7 non-voting turns, you can cast the same vote. So you can vote (-) twice in a roll provided there were 7 votes from other people in between.

For your amusement, here are the past survivor game winners along with a look at who was the most popular. Indeed, the most popular candidate has only once won the game in the history of almost 10 survivor games:

SWORDSMAN SURVIVAL - most popular: Yang Guo / Dugu Qiubai / Yan 13; winner: Ding Peng

FEMME FETALE - most popular: Xiao Longnu / Huang Rong; winner: Ren Yingying

STRONGEST WARRIORS - most popular: Xiao Feng; winner: Watar Matriarch

THE GREATS - most popular: Dugu Qiubai / Yideng; winner: Dugu Qiubai / Xiao Feng / Ouyang Feng / Zhou Botong -- the actual winners of this game are thus far the best match up for the expected winners.

KUNG FU SURVIVOR - most popular: Dragon Elephant Prana / 6MSJ / XL18Z; winner: 9 Yin

MYSTERIOUS PERSONALITY - most popular: stats not available, my guess is Murong Longcheng; winner: SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan

ALMOST COUPLES - most popular: stats not available yet, but my guess is Zhu'er and Zhang Wuji. Winner: Lin Chaoying and Wang Chongyang

There were 3 additional survivor games that were never completed, and thus no winner was determined.