Thread: Monk (Adrian Monk) on USA Network Channel

Default Monk (Adrian Monk) on USA Network Channel

Does anyone follow the show Monk on USA network channel? I don't have the USA network channel but when I get the chance to watch it on someone else's tv and house. I like the detective and comedy that is involved when Adrian Monk is around.

Do you think the cases are repetitive at all? And if so should I not buy the DVD set of the seasons?

I'm trying to determine how much I like it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm kind of like you. I've seen a few episodes here and there, but have never followed the show consistently. None of the cases I've seen were repetitive. Gotta love Tony Shalhoub.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Have you ever watched the episode where for some reason or other Adrian's psychologyst decides to transfer him to a different psychologyst who happens to be a one armed man, Adrian was so bothered by that and kept coming back to his original psychologyst and even visited his house and was looking through the window...and there was also another patient doing that and haha it was so stalkerish, but there was like a murder case that involved his psychologyst. Haha...there was a Monk Marathon on July 4th last year and I happened to be at my Dad's house I tried to watch as many as I could and I could've watched it all day. But my step-sister wanted the remote. So heheh...

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I've a complete collection and watch all of them up to current season 5, its not following any specific story arc, all eps can be watch on its own and the case is not repetitive. The only story arc that exist in this series is the mystery of Trudy's death by a car bomb in 1997 which still not solved until now, even though at one time we saw trudy alive in one eps. Well I don't want to tell you if its flashback, doppleganger, imagination or plot twist.

The only downside is, its easy to recognize the whodunnit coz whenver you saw a familiar faces (special guest) who is not regular to the series, then its confirm, its the villain of the week. The same thing also happen with another Defective Detective series Psych - the fake psychic.

Do you know what season they're up to now with Monk?

I heard of the Psych series but never got to watch it. How is it?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung

Monk is curerntly on its 5th Season, last eps is 5x16 on the 2nd of March. Pysch I think is even funnier than Monk, there are 15th eps already aired of Psych S1. Its about a guy who have a Sherlock Holmes's deductive ability and helping the police solving cases. The twist is he is saying to the police that he is a psychic that can communicate with the dead or receiving vibes from them.

It's similar to detective conan, whenever Conan need to solve the case at the end he change his voice to the older detective, in Pysch case, he will speak like he is possesed and spill everything about who the villain is and its motive etc.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 03-12-07 at 01:51 AM.

Ah, the good old times when ignorance was bliss.

I watched Season 1 to 3 via Netflix and decided to wonder if the series is going to let us know what ever happened to Trudy Monk and stuff. Some of the episodes in season 3 wasn't really good. I wonder if I should continue to see if it the series gets better? I think it's up to season 7 now?

Monk will have its final season (Season 8) which will have 16 episodes and premiere in the Summer of 2009. The series writers will prolly going to resolve the mystery of Trudi's murder, well finger's cross.

Monk and Psych new season episode start last Friday. More crazy stuff from the three. Monk, Shawn and Gus

Shawn prolly going to really get on with Juliet this season. No more mixed signal and wink-wink situations

The actor playing shawn and the actress playing Juliette are a real life couple off screen

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan View Post
    The actor playing shawn and the actress playing Juliette are a real life couple off screen
    Yes. They've been dating since 2006, the same year the show started. I don't know if they're really dating or they're just dating because it's publicity for the show?

Well...I heard on the radio that this will be the season where they finally solve Trudi Monk's murder. "After 12 long years" and 8 long Seasons. It's about time they get back on track with the main plot of solving her murder. I know the show is about Adrian Monk and his quirky OCDism, but sometimes there's bad filler episodes, that I wish they'd get on with the main plot. If they're not going to get any closer to solving it, at least "throw us a freaking bone" and have some episodes that would involve Trudi. But what do I know? I don't have USA channel to watch it often enough.

Comments about S 8 episode 1: I couldn't believe they did a Brady Bunch parody on Monk. Haha! Cooper Clan. Monk was a totally obsessed fan.

Yesterday, I also watched Gattaca and Tony Shalloub was in there for a couple minutes. He had straight hair and look so different. But he still sounds like Monk (of course! It's his natural voice).

I'm going to watch 2nd episode now.

Finally - waarrggghh :'(, I'm going to miss Monk after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post

Psych is funny. ^^ I love Monk, though I haven't seen all of the episodes, because I was scared of it at first.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who