Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the White Haired Maiden

My heart skip a beat every time I see an update in this thread, yet my dream hasn't come true yet. Can we sign a petition to get a translator for this one?

watch the 80's atv version. i remember really liking it when young, but i can't seem to find it anywhere these days.

yes, i wish someone else can pick up this translation too.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Yeah I've been waiting so long for the translation. Sorta given up hope T_T. I want to know so much more, we're not even close to seeing how Yi Hang and Lian Ni Chang's love grow and I really wanted to read the part her hair turns white.

Oh yes, in the mean time does anyone want to check out my Legend of the White Haired Demoness Artwork? I was planning to make a comic while waiting for the translation but I take to long to design the characters. I want to draw the whole cast eentually, it's be great of you can give me references or opinions on what your expectations of the characters are.

http://fightingwind.deviantart.com/a...hnag-100404316
    This is Lian Ni Chang. OMG, I know I spelt the name wrong =.= I'll get to it if it's possible.

http://fightingwind.deviantart.com/a...on-1-100405726
    This is my first old version of Shan Hu, it's not good. I just thought it'd be interesting to compare it with my fnal version.

[COLOR=#800080]http://fightingwind.deviantart.com/art/LOWHD-Shan-Hu-Final-Version-100406620[/COLOR][COLOR=#0080ff] [/COLOR]
    This is my final Shan Hu, I'm very proud of her. Based pretty much off Chen Sha Sha.

I'm going to do this until the translation is done and the story can finally begin to go out of my system. I so want to know what happens next. If you make a petition I'll sign too. Let's talk aboy the translation in the mean time?
    Last edited by Fighting_Wind; 10-11-08 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Wind View Post
    I hope someone picks up the tanslation too, the white haired Demoness is killing my head. I've been drawing her and thinking about the story for 3 months straight. She's the ultimate femme fatale (beautiful and demonic) and I really, really, really wanna know what happens next ;_;.

No there is no translation of the book for sale in English, (I looked) even in Vietnamese ;_;. I have no idea ow this is going to pick up.

I've seen some clips of most of the White Haired Demoness adaptins and have seen the Shui Ling version entirely. Shui Ling was beautiful and looked great with Julian and her acting was confident but that series was reallly bad. It only only had a few fight scenes, most of it was talk and they director didn't capture the demonic side of Lian Ni Chang well. I remember she let this girl call her un ugly witch who was neither human or a demon. The real Lian Ni Chang would have tried to kill her or kick her ***. Watch it if you like the love scenes though and want to see the beautiful Shui Ling, otherwise it's really bad.

I saw a few clips of Romance of the White Haired Maiden. I don't think it's follows completely the adaption but it was good, Lian Ni Chang was more kick *** and demonic than the Shui Ling version. Ada is very pretty too so that's a bonus.

The movie with Brigette is too short to be accurate but it had the best wuxia movie plot in the space of like 2 hours and Brigette Lin is the best actress for Lian Ni Chang. Not the most beautiful but the most talented. No one can capture the demonic Lian Ni Chang better than her. One of her glares can shoot murderous dangers at you, she doesn't look annoyed or stern like all rhe other actresses but truly demonic. Brigette Lin is my favourite actress for Lian Ni Chang because of that and she manages to still look beautiful despite being I think 40 something at the time. I don't think anyone can play murderous roles or capture Lian Ni Chang ike her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracing Traveller View Post
    My heart skip a beat every time I see an update in this thread, yet my dream hasn't come true yet. Can we sign a petition to get a translator for this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    watch the 80's atv version. i remember really liking it when young, but i can't seem to find it anywhere these days.

yes, i wish someone else can pick up this translation too.
    Yeah I've been waiting so long for the translation. Sorta given up hope T_T. I want to know so much more, we're not even close to seeing how Yi Hang and Lian Ni Chang's love grow and I really wanted to read the part her hair turns white.

Oh yes, in the mean time does anyone want to check out my Legend of the White Haired Demoness Artwork? I was planning to make a comic while waiting for the translation but I take to long to design the characters. I want to draw the whole cast eentually, it's be great of you can give me references or opinions on what your expectations of the characters are.

http://fightingwind.deviantart.com/a...hnag-100404316
    This is Lian Ni Chang. OMG, I know I spelt the name wrong =.= I'll get to it if it's possible.

http://fightingwind.deviantart.com/a...on-1-100405726
    This is my first old version of Shan Hu, it's not good. I just thought it'd be interesting to compare it with my fnal version.

[COLOR=#800080]http://fightingwind.deviantart.com/art/LOWHD-Shan-Hu-Final-Version-100406620[/COLOR][COLOR=#0080ff] [/COLOR]
    This is my final Shan Hu, I'm very proud of her. Based pretty much off Chen Sha Sha.

I'm going to do this until the translation is done and the story can finally begin to go out of my system. I so want to know what happens next. If you make a petition I'll sign too. Let's talk aboy the translation in the mean time?
    1. Sadly the only person that has a english translation hates the Post Office people for some reason and wont mail it (costs about as much tio get to him just for a book trade as does a week at Tokyo Disneyland )
    2. Fighting Wind: Let me just say these three words, "Wow, amazing, BEAUTIFUL!!"
    3. I currently have a friend translating his version (Chinese) into english for me, if you like pershaps when it is done I may post some of it up in this thread?
    4. QUESTION TIME: the question concerns this thread (and all the characters within it!) Does anyone know of the actress (and character) the woman in Blue is played by? (she is known currently as Poison Lady that plays the flute)
    5. Fighting Wind: It is said (I think) in the Movie as Lian Ni-Cheng in the 1993 movie with Lady Lin, and Ni Sang in the Shui Ling version (yet both versions kick***!!)
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

Aww thank you Lianazhu ^^. Glad someone likes my work, wish I can colour with photoshop though, Would bring more life to the drawings.

WIW! IT WILL BE SO AWESOME IF YOU CAN GET THE TRANSLATION UP! I'M DYING FOR AN UPDATE! THAT WILL BE SUPER SUPER AWESOME IF YOU CAN! I'LL BOW DOWN TO THE GROUND YOU ALK ON IF YOU CAN! (desperation right there.)

I'd love to answer your question but I have no idea who the lady in blue is that plays the flute. The only thing I can think of is Bridgette Lin in Bride with white hair, the night lighting made her look blue and she played a flute. Probablu not it but yeah... Sorry >.<

There's several alternatives for her name but faeriequeen's version is LIan Ni Chang and I love her translation to death so I followed that. What I meant was I spelt the name wrong in the deviant art page. Just a question, who is your favourite character Lianazhu in the story so far.

I think I got her name right, in the Shui Ling version (the 30 episode long series The White Hair Maiden) The character is known as (at first) The Poison Lady, who takes in Yi Hang, plays a bit of flue, he goes to bed, then she leaves, then returns to find him gone. Know who I'm saying now? I have a picture, taken from a youtube screenshot (figured out howe to save a screenshot of a vid on youtube, took a few weeks though, and a LOT of editing in paintshop though) Might post it up on my own DA

It might be a while, if Seph works as he can on it, it might be near two months to a year to get the full translation of the book (I fell in love with WHM just from seeing the Brigitte Lin movie (the previews) Then I saw a few Mvs with Shgui Ling and was hooked since (summer of 07)) But still It is a great character, heck all the characters are great!

And your welcome
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first

No problem, I would actually have killed to get the translation. You saved me the effort XP. Nah I would never do that but ywah, was egtting really desperate... Sorry I have no idea who the poison lady is. I can't even remember anyone one who wore blue in the Shui Ling Version. I remembered Yi Hang had a martial sister (I think E Hua) who became evil after he fell in love with Lian Ni Chang. I don't think she wore blue though. Oh wait! Something just hit me, there was this other women in love with Yi Hang. She wore purple (might be her) and had kinda pompous hair, I can't remember her name though ^^; sorry bout that...

Yeah that's reasonable, translating is hard work, es if it's free. Hey did your freind offer to do the WHOLE novel for free? ^^; Umm maybe give us segments now and then? I love The WHM, she is the only femme fatale who is beautiful, vicious, virtuous female who is not possessed by any male.

I fell in love with the WHM after seeing a poster of the Shui Ling version when I was young. I ended up liking Brigette Lin more though. Once again the only actress who can capture the murderous and demonic look. Oh yes, just a question. You're a Li Bing Bing addict right? Is the Li Bing Bing in Forbidden Kingdom the same one as from Liao Zhai?

Nyo my exams are up, will afta take a break for a while from the forums. Hope to from you soon LianaZhu.

No problem, I would actually have killed to get the translation. You saved me the effort XP. Nah I would never do that but ywah, was egtting really desperate... Sorry I have no idea who the poison lady is. I can't even remember anyone one who wore blue in the Shui Ling Version. I remembered Yi Hang had a martial sister (I think E Hua) who became evil after he fell in love with Lian Ni Chang. I don't think she wore blue though. Oh wait! Something just hit me, there was this other women in love with Yi Hang. She wore purple (might be her) and had kinda pompous hair, I can't remember her name though ^^; sorry bout that...

Yeah that's reasonable, translating is hard work, es if it's free. Hey did your freind offer to do the WHOLE novel for free? ^^; Umm maybe give us segments now and then? I love The WHM, she is the only femme fatale who is beautiful, vicious, virtuous female who is not possessed by any male.

I fell in love with the WHM after seeing a poster of the Shui Ling version when I was young. I ended up liking Brigette Lin more though. Once again the only actress who can capture the murderous and demonic look. Oh yes, just a question. You're a Li Bing Bing addict right? Is the Li Bing Bing in Forbidden Kingdom the same one as from Liao Zhai?

Nyo my exams are up, will afta take a break for a while from the forums. Hope to from you soon LianaZhu.
    That's her! (dang colorblindness ) But yes that's her! same outline and same face!!

As to your question of LBB, yep

As to who can do the Maiden herself, both Shui Ling and lady Lin, both of them are ranked at number one, though personally for myself, I prefer Shui Ling (a younger more quicker/(prettier?) verson anyone can fall in love with)

I'll have to ask Seph though, as he is going by what FQ had put up thus far, compairing it with his own, making corrections to his translation, etc. So it'll be a while, but worth the wait for sure!

EDIT: I have finished the series on youtube, and I notie something rather sad for me to bear, one of my three favorite characters died By her OWN weapon But I now have a question, nobody minds if I do a short fanfic of that scene do they? a What If fanfic I mean.
    Last edited by Lianazhu; 11-13-08 at 03:02 AM.

Wow so the Li BingBing in Forbidden Kingdom and Liao Zhai are the same. XD inda funny, I thought she was so plain in Liao Zhai but in Forbidden Kingdom she looked pretty. So yeah, but wow they are the same person. I prefer Shui Ling as well, she has a delicate quality to her.

Yeah I remembered the purple girl died. I don't think you're colour blind though, because in some of the pics I have seen you does look like she wears blue. But most of the scenes with her were in borad daylight which might have explained the purple hure o.o... I hope the translation comes soon.

Lol I finally found my video set of the Shui Ling version. Her character is so weak though. I don't blame Shui Ling's acting on that series, her character was re written and changed so much no actress would have been able to portray her like the novel. It kinda annoys me though, so many faithful Jin Yong and they can't make a faithful adaption of LOWHD. And the plot at the start was so fast paced, they cut all the suspense and action down to a minimum to make gigantic room to fit in the love scenes =.= damn it was so boring... Even before I read the translation I thought it was too melodramatic.

I can't remember that scene so go ahead with the fanfic.

Saw this thread and my heart skipped a beat...Too bad there's still no more translations available.

Glad to see I'm not the only one missing this story, though!

Rob

Bump.

Just wondering if anyone is willing/happy to translate this story.

LYS died earlier this year in australia, and when i saw his funeral on tv, it left me with a regret of not being able to read this story in its entirety.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    She won't. She's too busy these days and she's lost total interest in wuxia (like I did for several years).

Yup, me. I called her a couple of months ago and she stated that she's not going to do this anymore. She's super busy in her production/acting/directing/film career. I think she's moving to New York from Toronto (if she hasn't already done so). She's just not into wuxia anymore (and I'm almost the same way).
    Well good luck to FaQ in her new endeavors. It's truly unfortunate she didn't finish this translation as she was almost there. She's an extremely wonderful translator.

The amount of effort she puts into the translation, the research, her analysis and rants, and answering everybody's questions is simply AMAZING

Hope she comes back to SPCNet and her love for wuxia is rekindled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Well good luck to FaQ in her new endeavors. It's truly unfortunate she didn't finish this translation as she was almost there. She's an extremely wonderful translator.

The amount of effort she puts into the translation, the research, her analysis and rants, and answering everybody's questions is simply AMAZING

Hope she comes back to SPCNet and her love for wuxia is rekindled.
    I too wish her luck in her future endeavors! Hopefully a little of that WuXia spirit will leak into the work she does from here on in.

In the meantime, I guess that means this translation is free and clear for anyone who wants to finish it. It will be a hard act to follow, but I think since so many people have waited for so long on this one then they'll just be happy to have it finished, much less annotated.

Rob

Finished reading up to chapter 14.
    I wish someone continue the translation (cross fingered)

Such a wonderful novel. YLC is really flawed. She is wild and untamed.

One thing I will not do for sure is to ask her to be my matchmaker.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Actually foxs send me a draft translation, just need some editing. So be patient please.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Actually foxs send me a draft translation, just need some editing. So be patient please.

Han Solo
    Whoa!

Waiting patiently....

Rob

excellent! i read the first few chapters when faq first posted her translation on winglin.net (that was a long time ago), and i loved her translation. it was superb and beyond professional. so i was sad to find out that she's lost interest in this. now that someone has picked up this hefty task, i will restart reading this translation as i've forgotten a lot of it already.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

If completed, would this be the only complete English translation of a LYS novel on the internet? I know there are some summaries kicking around somewhere, but I have not found any complete works. It would be exciting to have another author to look into other than Gu Long, Jin Yong or Huang Yi.

That being said, hooray for Foxs, and hooray for Han Solo for informing us.

Missouri.slim

I knew foxs was translating it. I was just beating around the bush.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Aw ... Han, you are not supposed to announce it yet. Now the cat is out the bag and I am doomed ...

Anyway, Folks, that was just 'testing the water' for me. Fairie Queene left a very big shoe to fill, and I do not have any intention to fill it. I simply want to satiate my own curiousity (since I have never read it before), and perhaps share it with you, my fellow wuxia lovers. If there is anyone better who wants to continue, be my guest. Besides, Han might think my draft is so awful that he refuse to publish it here.

And if Han agree to let me, I am not going to post it until LXF Book 4 is finished. Just to buy me some time.