Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the White Haired Maiden

Default Chapter 18 - Part 6

Last part of Chapter 18 ...
    -------------------------------------

Wudang Pai's swordsmanship was an excellent swordsmanship to begin with, the twelve senior disciples were also the cream of the crops, Murong Chong's Imperial Bodyguards were unable to resist, gradually they were pushed into a corner. Murong Chong let out a loud whistle, calling all the Bodyguards on the outside to come into the monastery. As the new comers surged in and joined the battle, the tables turned!

Amidst the tangled battle, the Bodyguards closest to the monastery's gate suddenly yelled, "The city is on fire!"

It was Yu Luocha and Tie Shanhu leading several dozens of female troops mingled with the common people, giving them the leadership to burn down the county government building, attack the armory and the city garrison. The number of people was growing by the minute, in just a short while there were more than ten thousand people in the city!

It should be known that these common people normally would not dare to oppose the military, because first of all, they have been oppressed for too long, so they were forced to endure it quietly; secondly, no one lead them, so they did not dare to create any disturbance. This time, however, they were hungry; even if they did not create any disturbance, they would die of starvation. Therefore, all of them were willing to risk their lives. Besides, this time they had a leader, their courage soared. When these people, more than ten thousand, gathered, their power was like a flood breaking through the levee, enormous and powerful; their battle cry shook the heavens, nobody could hold them back.

With a sword in her hand Yu Luocha charged into the government army. In just one move she grabbed the captain of the troops and tossed him into the blazing fire. Immediately the government troops were thrown into chaos.

Yu Luocha made sure the situation was under control; the soldiers who were unwilling to surrender were immediately crushed, as with a laugh she went on a killing spree. She then delegated the leadership of these people in continuing killing the government troops to Tie Shanhu. She looked around to the dark night, and after thinking for a moment she rushed toward the Qing Xu Monastery at the western side of the city!

Back to Murong Chong and his company. They were shocked to see the city was on fire and to hear the indistinct noise of battle in the distant. They thought it was the bandits had broken through the city. Jin Qianyan called out, "Let's join force to seize the revolting thieves first, forget the Wudang Pai people!" And so they tried to pull away from the battle.

But Wudang Pai's disciples were fighting ferociously, how could they let the enemy attack Yue Mingke together? The tangled battle continued, while the flames were growing, the battle cries were getting louder. Jin Qianyan left Priest White Stone and pounced on Yue Mingke. Zhuo Yihang also left his opponent and raised his sword to intercept.

'Shua, shua!' Yue Mingke brandished his sword twice, displaying the unique move of the Tianshan Sword Technique, 'Shifting Star Plucking a Fight' he stabbed the opponent's eyes and throat, his movement exceptionally swift. Murong Chong's skill in using the big cymbals as a weapon was profound, yet he was forced to step back to evade. Yue Mingke flew fast like a giant hawk and made a killing!

"Yue Xiong," Zhuo Yihang called out, "Quickly leave first!"

Jin Qianyan tried to cut him off, Yue Mingke was wearing the gold thread gloves on his hands, he was not afraid of poison. As soon as his left hand shook, Jin Qianyan staggered and almost fell down. Zhuo Yihang took this opportunity to dash in and stab sideways, scratching Jin Duyi's wrist. Yue Mingke broke through the tight encirclement and jumped up the roof, and disappeared in an instant.

Jin Duyi angrily shouted, "Zhuo Yihang is an accomplice to the offender of the throne, if we cannot capture the offender, let's capture him!" Like a whirlwind his palms struck in succession.

Zhuo Yihang's swordsmanship could not be compared to Yue Mingke's prowess. Based on true skill, he was still inferior to Jin Duyi. As Jin Duyi pressed in, Zhuo Yihang quickly fell into a dangerous situation. Meanwhile, Priest White Stone was being entangled by Murong Chong and his own situation was also critical. Although by risking their lives several Wudang disciples tried to help, Jin Duyi pressed in one stance after another that before the help arrived, Zhuo Yihang's sword had already been kicked. Jin Duyi laughed aloud and his claw went down on the crown of Zhuo Yihang's head!

Jin Duyi's big laugh had not stopped, suddenly there was another laughter, sweet, sharp and clear, piercing like a silver needle, overpowering Jin Duyi's loud laughter. Jin Duyi's countenance changed greatly, his limbs turned weak, his claw lost its strength that it slowed down considerably. Zhuo Yihang quickly stepped aside to evade, he was both delighted and surprised. When he looked up, he saw Yu Luocha flitted down like a purple swallow from the rooftop to the ground!

If three years ago Jin Duyi suffered injury under Yu Luocha's hands, it was a lot worse now, when his power had diminished considerably. Yu Luocha looked at Jin Duyi with the corner of her eye and with a sweet ringing laughter she said, "Ha, your virtuous wife is truly kindhearted that she let you come out! How'd your shoulder blade? Has it healed yet?"

Actually, Jin Duyi ran away without his wife's consent. As soon as he heard Yu Luocha, he remembered his wife's warning: if he refused to accept control and wandered around in the Jianghu again, she would not care whether he was dead or alive. His heart sank, immediately he left Zhuo Yihang and ran toward the door. Yu Luocha giggled incessantly, but the sword in her hand like lightning stormed toward the Imperial Bodyguards and in a blink of an eye she had stabbed several of them, and then went straight toward Jin Duyi. Jin Duyi has just stepped over the threshold when Yu Luocha's sword pierced his heel that he tumbled on the ground like a gourd, rolling down the slope.

Murong Chong roared, his fist went straight toward Yu Luocha's back. Yu Luocha utilized the 'evade the strong strike the weak' tactic, with a loud shout her body flew up and over Murong Chong's head, in midair her sword fluttered like a flower and when she landed, two Guards were injured. Yu Luocha's sword stances were the fiercest and the most ruthless, each stab would hit the enemy's acupoint; the wounded Guards rolled around on the ground from the pain. Yu Luocha circled around the battleground, like a beautiful butterfly landing on flowers, her sword stabbed to the east and pierced to the west, in just a short time she had wounded twelve, thirteen Guards that the remaining were paralyzed with fear.

Yu Luocha flitted across toward Priest White Stone and said with a laugh, "Are we going to fulfill the duel appointment of three years ago?"

Priest White Stone did not know whether to laugh or to cry. Suddenly 'shua, shua!' Yu Luocha's sword brushed pass Priest White Stone's side, stabbing two Guards who were threatening Priest White Stone's back, and then just as quick she flitted away.

Murong Chong was in such a rage that his eyes were bloodshot, with a fist he punched a Wudang disciple, sending him tumbling on the ground, while Murong Chong rushed toward Yu Luocha. Suddenly Yu Luocha laughed aloud and said, " Murong Chong, you have enough companions rolling around on the ground to tidy up, I don't have time to accompany you!" And then gently but swiftly she flitted over toward Zhuo Yihang and smiled, "Why bother staying here having a dogfight with them?" With two fingers forming a hook, she hooked the acupoint on Zhuo Yihang's wrist, and then like a storm they flew out the gate. Priest White Stone shouted at the top of his lungs, but when he pursued and looked around, the two of them had already disappeared in the dark night.

"It's finished! It's finished!" Priest White Stone angrily roared. He cupped his fists toward Murong Chong and said, "We are both wounded, there is no need to continue fighting."

Considering Yue Mingke and Zhuo Yihang already left, while his side suffered this many injured men, Murong Chong realized his side was no longer Wudang Pai's match, he had no choice but to agree to this proposition.

After taking Zhuo Yihang over several li of remote path, Yu Luocha loosened her grip. "What are you doing?" Zhuo Yihang whined.

"Nothing," Yu Luocha replied, "Just wanted to invite you to come with me."

Remembering his Shishu's stubbornness, with a bitter smile Zhuo Yihang said, "They would think that you are kidnapping me! Where do you live?"

Remembered the joke about 'kidnapping' and 'robbing the bride' earlier, Yu Luocha's heart was shaken. "Come follow me," she said.

By the time Zhuo Yihang and Yu Luocha arrived at the Bright Moon Gorge, it was already daybreak. The sea of clouds was lined with the cream color of the dawn, with the morning breeze brushing against his skin, it was as intoxicating as the pure strong wine.

Yu Luocha ran ahead and leaped over the rock wall. She was just about to call the female troops on guard duty when suddenly she heard Zhuo Yihang screaming; immediately she turned around and jumped down the canyon.

Such is: The uncertainties in meeting and parting are just like a dream, nobody can tell where the real boundary lies.

Default Chapter 19 - Part 1

Chapter 19
    Difficult-to-atone sin,
    Unspoken question,
    Unresolved old debt,
    Asking the moon, the moon did not answer
    (Translated by Foxs, Edited by Eliza Bennet)

Like a swallow Yu Luocha leaped up and swiftly flew down while asking, “What is it?”

Zhuo Yihang had just rushed to the valley’s mouth when Yu Luocha caught up with him. Zhuo Yihang jumped onto a big rock and said, “I seemed to see someone, but he suddenly disappeared. It was not very clear from down the valley, why don’t you go and take a look?”

“Who dares to come here?” Yu Luocha said. Leaping onto the rock, she looked around, but did not see anybody. She laughed and said, “Bright Moon Gorge is an extremely dangerous place, if an enemy dares to come here alone, it’s like he is coming to deliver his life away. Could it be that you were just seeing things?”

Zhuo Yihang said, “When you jumped over the rock wall, incidentally I looked out and …” he had not finished when suddenly she raised her hand; a streak of silver light shot toward the tall grass growing wild in the valley. Actually, Yu Luocha’s hearing was acute, her vision sharp; with only one glance she had already seen someone was hiding by the side of the path. She pretended ignorance and deliberately said condescending words about the enemy to divert the enemy’s attention, and then abruptly sent out her school’s unique secret projectiles, in the form of needles, just like a fisherman throwing a net, scattered swiftly toward the enemy. She thought, ‘I don’t care if you are the most important figure in the world, you won’t easily avoid these flying needles piercing your body!’

Who would have thought that as the needles entered the bushes, a series of dull noises were heard, and then someone suddenly leaped up. Yu Luocha’s eyes lit up, because she saw a big red flower flashed, followed by someone appearing in front of her; it was none other than the Red Flower Demon Matriarch Mother Gongsun!

Red Flower Demon Matriarch laughed aloud and said, “It has been three years, you are getting more ruthless than ever! If this is the way you receive visitors, no wonder you cannot go too far!” She stomped her dragon head crutch on the ground as she laughed until the big red flower on her temple shook in the morning breeze.

Yu Luocha was taken aback, but she quickly recovered, and said with a laugh, “So it is you! You let that thief husband of yours loose without any control, and now you come over here for what reason? Do you want to have another duel with me?”

Red Flower Demon Matriarch suddenly turned serious as she said, “Whether I want to have another duel or not, it’s entirely up to you!”

“Mother Gongsun,” Zhuo Yihang quickly said, “You are a senior of the Wulin world, your words worth a thousand gold, could it be that you have already forgotten the agreement of three years ago? How can you raise the matter of duel again?”

Mother Gongsun said, “I am here precisely because of the agreement of three years ago. Yu Luocha, I want to ask you a favor!”

“I do not dare,” Yu Luocha replied, “Please enlighten me (speak up frankly and clearly) with worthy words (whatever method you are determined to settle this thing with). I am awaiting your instruction!"

Red Flower Demon Matriarch said, "You are right, that thief husband of mine left home sneakily, but he has just out for several days, I know he has not had time to do any malicious deeds. I am asking you to be lenient and hand him over back to me! I will guarantee he won't give you any more trouble!"

What happened was that after Mother Gongsun discovered that her husband had left in secret, she immediately tracked him down and by chance met Murong Chong, who was running away from defeat outside Guangyuan city limit. Murong Chong deceived her by saying, "Your honorable husband is captured by Yu Luocha. You can go to the Bright Moon Gorge and ask for him there, Yu Luocha is being the chief of a stronghold in that gorge!"

Red Flower Demon Matriarch accepted this information as true. In her effort to save her husband, she was unexpectedly unable to distinguish between red and blue, and thus hastily went to the Bright Moon Gorge to find Yu Luocha.

When Yu Luocha heard Red Flower Demon Matriarch's purpose of visit, she burst out in laughter first, afterwards she coldly said, "Your thief husband is not here!"

"How can Murong Chong dare to lie to me?" Red Flower Demon Matriarch said.

Yu Luocha held her sword horizontally across her chest, but she did not say anything except laughing coldly, 'Hey, hey!'

"What are you laughing at?" Red Flower Demon Matriarch asked angrily.

Yu Luocha said, "I am laughing at your gullibility, I am laughing at your inability to distinguish right from wrong. What kind of man is that thief husband of yours? Don't tell me you did not know. As soon as he slipped out, how can it be that he did not have evil intention in his heart? Just a couple of hours(1) ago he was with Murong Chong attacking the Qing Xu Monastery, with the intention of capturing the Grand Adjutant of Military Commissioner Xiong, Yue Mingke. Don't you think it was an evil deed?"

Zhuo Yihang joined in, "Poor Military Commissioner Xiong has been killed by the castrated traitor, his head passed around to nine directions, unable to get his wrongs redressed. They still are not willing to let it go, they want to destroy the grass by eliminating the roots, they knew Yue Mingke has Military Commissioner Xiong's book he left behind in his possession, thereupon they spare no effort, pursuing for ten thousand li and doing everything in their power to catch him! They are destroying our country's ten thousand li of the Great Wall, they still want to curry the foreign enemy's favor by getting hold of the book Military Commissioner Xiong wrote on how to deal with the enemy! Mother Gongsun Qianbei, may I ask you: don't you agree that this is a matter which will anger both the people and the Heaven?"

Mother Gongsun and Yu Luocha were not aware that Military Commissioner Xiong had suffered a tragic death. After a brief shock, they asked together, "Is that true?"

"How can it be not true?" Zhuo Yihang said, "I have Military Commissioner Xiong's legacy(2) here with me. Mother Gongsun, if you really wish to help your honorable husband currying favor from the castrated traitor, hunting for riches and honor, then I will give this book to you!"

Red Flower Demon Matriarch shouted and stomped her crutch against a rock, smashing it into pieces, and angrily said, "Who do you think I am? If what you are saying is true, I'll get that thief husband of mine for you so that you can cut him to pieces, but if you spoke even half a word of lie, hey, hey, Yu Luocha, I will challenge you again to decide victory and defeat!"

"Feel free to investigate," Yu Luocha said, "Ha, you believed Murong Chong, but you don't believe me. If after you investigate you do not come to admit your guilt to me, if you don't come looking for me, I will go to challenge you to victory and defeat! Who's afraid of you anyway?"

Red Flower Demon Matriarch's heart was filled with doubts; she said in her heart, 'I'll find Murong Chong and have him confront her.' Lifting up her crutch, she flew down the valley.

Yu Luocha's tone was subdued as with tears flowing from her eyes she said, "Xiong Tingbi was a good person, he died a tragic death like that, it truly is pitiful!"

Ever since Zhuo Yihang knew Yu Luocha, he had never seen her crying, so he knew she was extremely grieved.

Yu Luocha wiped the tears with her sleeve and suddenly said, "The Young Roaming King was right; to rely on the imperial court to resist the foreign invaders is just as impossible as hoping the sun rises from the west!"

"Who is Young Roaming King?" Zhuo Yihang asked.

"He is a hero with indomitable spirit," Yu Luocha replied, "I believe in the future he will replace the Ming as the ruler of the world!"

Zhuo Yihang had never heard Yu Luocha praising someone else like that, he could not help but be amazed!

Yu Luocha suddenly said, "While it's true that Xiong Tingbi's death is to be regretted, I don't believe he was the only one who would be able to drive the foreign invaders away."

Zhuo Yihang said, "From his nickname, the 'Young Roaming King', could it be he is a hero of the Lulin(3)?"

"Exactly," Yu Luocha replied.

Zhuo Yihang was silent for half a day before suddenly he said, "Nowadays the imperial court is deploying a large army toward the northwest, Shaanxi's 36 groups of bandits are all being crushed; why do you still bother to mingle with the people of the Lulin?"

Yu Luocha frowned, but then she broke into a wide grin as she said, "We have not seen each other for three years, as soon as we meet, why must we argue first?" Putting her lips together she let out a whistle to summon the female troops on guard duty. The troops immediately appeared to meet her. Yu Luocha took Zhuo Yihang climbing higher, giving him a tour around the mountain stronghold.

Zhuo Yihang noticed that although the mountain stronghold was small, it was built according to the strategic fortress construction, the defense was extremely tight. Above it loomed a strange-shaped mountain peak, as if it was the head of a fierce tiger with wide open mouth facing the ravine below. Zhuo Yihang said in his heart, 'This is truly the Garden of Peaches of Immortality, even the imperial army would find it difficult to attack'.

1 Orig. 'geng ci' - one night watch period, equivalent to two hours.
    2 Orig. 'yi shu' - the book one left behind. This is the exact same word I translated as 'Wumu's Legacy' back in the LOCH days.
    3 From now on I am going to refer to the 'underground world' as its original Chinese words, i.e. 'Lu Lin' (green forest). See footnote 10 of Chapter 1 by Faerie Queenie on more information on this subject.

Thank you so much foxs for the update! I wish I didn;t research the Roaming King, it would have been more suspenseful. I kind fo wish that the Red Flower Demon Matriarch and Yu Luo Cha would team up and settle their differences. It;s be pretty awesome.

Yeah I'm gaving more doubts about Yi Hang, after three years they've finally met and instead of acting overjoyed and he's already interrogating her mingling with Lulin.

But wow Foxs, you're up to Chapter 19, how many are there altogether? But you succeeded in passing halway for sure =D. Thanks for bringing us another chapter! May your efforts be rewarded (some how... )

Default Chapter 19 – Part 2

Thanks for your wish. There are 32 chapters.
    -------------------------------------

By now the morning sun had already risen, the red clouds were dazzling, looking down into the valley, all he could see was an elegant, vast and hazy mist, its depth hard to fathom. Looking up toward the peak, the morning mist pervaded the air, making everything look blurry and seemed to change its shape irregularly.

Yu Luocha sucked a mouthful of morning breeze, she seemed to have a disquieting thought; taking along Zhuo Yihang’s hand, she quietly asked, “So you are sure you want to go back to Mount Wudang to take the bothersome position as the Sect Leader?”

Zhuo Yihang’s heart turned sour, “I have received the heavy kindness of the school, although I do not have the desire to be the Sect Leader, I will have to do my best to be one.”

Yu Luocha chuckled and said, “Paying a debt of gratitude does not mean you have to be the Sect Leader, for instance, for instance …”

“For instance what?” Zhuo Yihang asked.

“For instance, you can find a like-minded friend of the Wulin, go and build a simple hut in some famous mountain somewhere, study and research martial art thoroughly. When you succeed, you will bring extraordinary splendor to your Wudang Pai; won’t you say that you are also repaying your master’s benevolence? If you’d excuse my frankness, although Wudang Pai is famous throughout the world, your predecessors’ Dharma Sword Technique is no longer existent, actually, you have not had any astonishing unsurpassed skill to this day, so much so that you don’t have sufficient skill to be taught to the present disciples! You cannot rely on an empty reputation for a long time. Since you are concerned over the Wudang Pai, you should make a good use of your time by devoting yourself to study your martial art.”

Listening to her words, a tide of thought surged in Zhuo Yihang’s heart, his emotion was stirred. His first thought was: if it was not Yu Luocha, nobody would have said those words. Ever since Priest Purple Sun’s death, Wudang Pai was like the sun right in the middle of the sky, very soon it would start declining toward the western horizon. The task of lifting up the school’s martial art was indeed a responsibility that must not be set aside.

The second thought was: Yu Luocha put a heavy emphasis on martial art skill, but neglected the fact that popular support must be won by virtue, otherwise they would not be the leader of the Wulin world. But on the other side: by saying those words, it was obvious that Yu Luocha wanted to be with me, passing the years in the lifestyle of immortals, studying and cultivating the martial art as a couple, seeking and exploring the mystery together. If she and I can collaborate, we can combine my school's unique and mysterious internal energy cultivation with her peerless-under-the-heavens swordsmanship, each with its strong points, indeed we can unleash the extraordinary splendor of the martial art study. Besides, not only her martial art skill is superb, she is as beautiful as the angel. If I can live with her till the hair in our heads turn white, won't I enjoy life to the fullest?

But in the end he could only sigh while thinking: I am afraid this will only be an unattainable lofty idea, like a good dream difficult to fulfill; looks like this is nothing more than a springtime dream! My several Shishu all regard her as our school's archenemy. The only way is for me to jump out the Wudang school, otherwise, my desire to be together with her will be an absolute impossibility! Much less I came from generations of scholars, before their deaths my father and master had already exhorted me not to intermingle with any female devil head of the Lulin world. Ah, it's a pity that she is as beautiful as a flower, but I am such an unfortunate and miserable man. I am afraid this dream of living together with Yu Luocha until ripe old age is hopeless in this lifetime!

Seeing him hang his head low in deep thought and not say anything for quite a long time, Yu Luocha knew that his heart was tumultuous like the current of the ocean, his thoughts were surging heavily like the waves crashing onto the shore! Yu Luocha raised her eyebrows and laughed, pulling his hand she said, "Silly kid, what are you thinking about?"

Zhuo Yihang lifted up his head and gloomily said, "Lian Jiejie, I have never thought of obtaining knowledge, building a simple hut in some famous mountain somewhere, it's just that, it's just that ..."

"Just what?" Yu Luocha asked.

Zhuo Yihang's heart ached, it was only after a long time did he finally say, "We'll talk about it a few years from now!"

Yu Luocha was very disappointed. Casually she picked up a wild flower growing in that valley, but she did not say anything. Zhuo Yihang tried to smooth things over, he laughed and said, "This flower is very pretty. Uh, I said it wrong, Jiejie, you are prettier than this flower!"

Yu Luocha smiled wryly and tossed the flower into the canyon below. "Although this flower is pretty," she said, "When the spring sun shines, the flower will fall, the pretty flower will wither, but next year it will bloom again. People, on the other hand, in just a few years, after a few years, and then some more years, the hair on our heads will turn white. No matter how pretty a person, she will turn into an ugly person!"

Zhuo Yihang's heart was touched with bitterness, he knew that she said those words in response to his 'We'll talk about it a few years from now'. He also remembered the saying 'a beautiful family like a flower, time passes swiftly like flowing water', and was unconsciously overcome by grief, which he himself found it to be difficult to let go!

Yu Luocha saw tears on the corner of his eyes, she laughed and said, "Silly kid, everything depends on our own effort, what are you crying for?"

Leaning close to her, Zhuo Yihang could smell the faint fragrance emitted from her body, it penetrated deep into his soul, burning his desire that he almost could not hold back, he wanted to plead with her, to explain his difficulty. While he was at a loss, the images of his several martial art uncles flashed through his mind, especially Priest White Stone, who seemed to be staring straight at his eyes. He said to himself, "If I disregard everything and marry Yu Luocha, betraying my school by refusing the mandatory cap on my head, I will be ashamed to see my fellow Wulin friends."

Yu Luocha picked another wild flower and rubbed it in her hand, and tossed it down the valley. Zhuo Yihang looked blankly at the flower petals floating gently in the wind. Suddenly he said, "Lian Jiejie, I am sure your countenance will always look like a blooming flower and not a withered one."

Yu Luocha laughed and said, "A dream of a foolish man! Ever since the beginning of time, has there been any eternally young person? I tell you, if Laotianye(4) was just like a mortal, full of considerations and anxieties, even Laotianye will grow old! Each time we see each other we quarrel, the next time you see me, I am afraid I will be a white-haired old granny!"

Hearing Yu Luocha, Zhuo Yihang's emotion surged within him; he mused, "Yu Luocha is truly an intelligent and sharp person, she is unlearned, and thus cannot create poetry, also cannot compose fixed-style verses; but the words that come out of her mouth, other than it does not rhyme, it is actually an exquisite verse. A poem from the Song Dynasty says, 'if Heaven has feeling, Heaven will grow old; quietly shaking off hatred, it is difficult to endure; melancholy affection is just like a dream, as soon as one awakes, it is nowhere to be pursued!' There is also another saying, 'sighing over repeated separation and reunion, soon it will be past one's prime years.' Aren't her words exactly echoing these sayings? Not only that, her words are easier for common people to understand clearly."

Yu Luocha laughed again, "I am afraid when all my hair has turned white, you would not want to look at me anymore."

Zhuo Yihang understood that by saying those words, Yu Luocha wanted him to reveal his true feelings, but he had his own difficulties which he found it difficult to explain; therefore, forcing a smile he replied, "When your hair has turned white, I am going to find the panacea so you can restore your youthfulness."

Yu Luocha sighed; she wanted to say, "Someone is speaking seriously, but you only take it as a joke." Her heart ached, so she did not say anything.

When she looked up, the red sun was already above the bamboo grooves; it was as if Yu Luocha had just awakened from a dream. "Ah," she exclaimed, "Ay, the sun is already high in the sky, how come Shanhu Meimei has not returned?"

Zhuo Yihang was delighted, "Tie Shanhu is also here?" he asked. Yu Luocha nodded. Zhuo Yihang said, "Let's have her and Mingke Dage meet each other. Ever since Military Commissioner Xiong's death, Mingke Dage is very downhearted, perhaps it will be better if there is someone comforting him."

In her heart Yu Luocha said, "You cannot even deal with your own problem, yet you are busy trying to solve other people's problems! Yue Mingke has someone to comfort him, don't I also want someone to comfort me?" But she regarded Tie Shanhu as her own little sister, whom she cared about very much. Hearing his delight, she asked, "Where is Yue Mingke?"

Zhuo Yihang said, "Last night we were talking on the bed when we heard Murong Chong entering the monastery to look for him. Immediately we made an agreement, he must make an attempt to escape first, and after those people left, he would return to Qing Xu Monastery to meet me. I did not expect you would show up and dragged me to this place. It's not a big deal if he cannot find me there, only I am afraid my Shishu may vent their anger on him."

"I once wrongly accused him," Yu Luocha said, "I wonder if he is still mad at me?"

"He knew Tie Shanhu is with you in here," Zhuo Yihang said, "But he also knew that you are such an enthusiastic matchmaker. If he'd like to accept, would he be too late?"

4 God/Heavens.

Thanks Foxs for the update! You're doing a great job!!!

ZYH is like a woman!!! Either tell YLC you love her and will follow her to the end of the world or man up and tell her to forget about you b/c you will honor your dead master's wish and become the sect leader of Wudang and restore its honor in wulin. Stop acting like a selfish jerk by asking her to wait meanwhile thinking that a life together with her is not possible in this lifetime. What the hell??! Also, I don't like the way he refers to YLC as intelligent but unlearned yet her speech can be understood by common people. He needs to get off his high horse and truly sees YLC as a person rather than just a beautiful face. Seems like he's only tolerating her because she's beautiful. Such a shallow dude!!!! Why does YLC even bother. She's frustrated with him too!!!! Urgh!

On the other hand, I'm glad YLC is warming up to YMK. I know nothing romantic will ever come out of this but a good friendship is better than nothing. Looking forward to their future interactions.

I know hey, its really annoying because the only thing that he appears to like her truly for is her looks. He's such a wuss, I can't believe after 3 years he's still unsure about his feelings. =.=; She clearly has common sense so I wonder why she hasn't rejected him. I'm looking forward to Shan Hu and Yue Ming Ke meeting up though

@Foxs: Thank you foxs! You've put in effort and brought us another chapter! Wow! You're almost 60% there! Keep up the good work but don't exhaust yourself at the same time!

Default Chapter 19 – Part 3

When translating this part, I really wanted to shake Zhuo Yihang and give him a good slap and shouted, "What's the matter with you?!?" I agree with you guys, I think he did not love her, he was merely attracted to her. But his only thought was, "What would people think of ME?"
    ----------------------------------------

Remembering her role as the matchmaker, Yu Luocha blushed. Right that moment, the patrolling female troops had arrived at the back of the mountain. Seeing their chief chatting amiably with this young visitor, they turned around to leave while they were still some distance away. But suddenly Yu Luocha called out, "Go down the mountain to meet Tie Zhaizhu!"

The patrolling troops acknowledged the order and left. "Do you think she is all right?" Zhuo Yihang asked.

Yu Luocha replied, "The imperial troops inside the city wall are completely obliterated, the people fighting for the grain are no less than ten thousand in number, even several thousand more troops won't help anything. Besides, these past several years Shanhu Meimei's martial art skill has advanced tremendously, I believe she will return safely." Although her mouth said so, her heart was anxious. Together with Zhuo Yihang they looked from a high place toward the distant outlying hills.

Back to Tie Shanhu. She led the people just like the flood broke through the dike, crushing the two thousand imperial troops in the city that all of them were either dead or flee away. They also burned down the county magistrate building. The people opened the granary and found out that it was closely packed, even the grain from several years ago were still there. The people were enraged; they robbed the grain and then robbed the rich families within the city wall. The riot continued until daybreak, each one managed to get one or two sacks of grain.

Although it was a major people’s movement, they were after all only common people, who were neither organized nor trained like soldiers. After obtaining the grain, they were perfectly satisfied and noisily scattered in all directions. Tie Shanhu thought that it was a pity her Lian Jiejie only trained female troops, otherwise, they could assemble these people to become a strong militia and they could even take over the provincial capital!

After dawn, nine out of ten people had already dispersed. Tie Shanhu gathered her female troops. Luckily they did not suffer any casualties, so they left the city and returned to the mountain.

Back to Murong Chong. After suffering a crushing defeat at the Qing Xu Monastery, he counted the number of East Faction Guards with minor injuries: 12 were stabbed on their acupoints by Yu Luocha’s sword, with those who were injured by the Wudang Pai, altogether there were no less than twenty men. The number of those without any injury was only five, six men. Murong Chong was greatly disheartened. He ordered those without injury to each carry a wounded man on his back, while those with minor injuries to help each other and together they went down the mountain.

Right that moment the people were creating havoc in the city, burning the magistrate building and robbing the granary. Seeing the blazing fire, Murong Chong did not dare to return to the city, they went down the hill from the back of the Qing Xu Monastery, and took a rest in the forest by the mountain. When the eastern horizon gradually brightened, the noise in the city also gradually diminished. While he was contemplating of sending people to the city to find out what happened, he suddenly heard the whooshing noise of arrows, three long and two short.

“Great!” Murong Chong was delighted, “Ying Xiuyang and his team are all right, we don’t have to enter the city to inquire.”

Turned out when he left Beijing this time, other than to hunt Yue Mingke, Murong Chong also bore the mission of fact finding on the ‘bandit activity’ in Sichuan. (By this time Zhang Xianzhong and Li Zicheng were both within Sichuan border) After Shi Hao left, Ying Xiuyang took his place as an Imperial Bodyguard, therefore, not only Wei Zhongxian sent out the Chief of the Eastern Faction Guards, the top martial art expert of the Palace, Murong Chong, but also the Chief of the Imperial Bodyguards, Ying Xiuyang. His intention was for the Imperial Bodyguards and Eastern Faction Guards to form a joint-force alliance to hunt the offender of the throne and scout the enemy’s movements. When Murong Chong entered the Qing Xu Monastery that night, Ying Xiuyang stayed in the city to take care of things. The whistling arrow was their agreed signal to communicate with each other.

Murong Chong also took out the whistling arrow and shot it to the sky, it was also three long and two short. A moment later, Ying Xiuyang and four Imperial Bodyguards appeared in the forest.

Ying Xiuyang was shocked to see the casualties of the Eastern Faction Guard scattered around him. “What happened?” he asked, “Did the Wudang Pai people fight with you?”

“Wudang Pai is nothing,” Murong Chong said, “That Demoness also came. These nineteen brothers were stabbed by her.”

“Uh, for the first half of the night I still saw her leading the people in the city,” Ying Xiuyang said, “How come for the other half of the night she went to the Qing Xu Monastery and fought with you?”

Murong Chong clenched his teeth and said, “This Demoness comes and goes like the wind, nothing much we can do about it. If we cannot get rid of her, she will be the biggest thorn on our side!”

Ying Xiuyang was a seasoned villain, a very crafty one. He wrinkled his eyebrows and thought carefully before saying, “To get rid of Yu Luocha, this is the best time!”

“What ingenious method do you have in mind?” Murong Chong asked, “You sounded so confident.”

While they were still talking, a dark shadow appeared at the edge of the forest. “Who’s there?” Murong Chong shouted.

In the dim light of dawn, the dark shadow climbed up the hill; turned out he was the Venomous Palms of the Yin Winds(5), Jin Duyi. When he was stabbed by Yu Luocha the previous night, his heel was wounded, he rolled down the hillside and hid himself among the thick patch of wild grass on the hillside. Seeing the city was on fire, he did not dare to return to the city. It was not until he heard the whistling arrow that he finally came out of his hiding.

“Old Freak Jin, how is your injury?” Murong Chong asked.

“Not bad,” Jin Duyi replied, “At least I am not crippled yet.” Yu Luocha did not stab him on any fatal point. Although Jin Duyi’s skill was somewhat out of practice, his internal energy was still intact. After applying some cut-wound medicine, he circulated his chi for one round. Although his qinggong was somewhat affected, the chi flowed as usual.

Seeing so many of his companions were injured, Jin Duyi could not help but be stunned. “If I cannot make mincemeat of that Demoness, the hatred in my heart will be difficult to erase!” he bitterly said.

“Too bad sister-in-law is unwilling to help,” Murong Chong said with a laugh.

“Don’t mention her,” Jin Duyi said, “I am afraid she is still chasing me to take me back!”

When Red Flower Demon Matriarch looked for him in the city the previous day, Jin Duyi happened to be in the vicinity of the Qing Xu Monastery to set up an ambush per Murong Chong’s order. Jin Duyi was not even aware that Red Flower Demon Matriarch was deceived that she went to the Bright Moon Gorge looking for him.

“Sister-in-law was here!” Ying Xiuyang said with a laugh.

Jin Duyi broke into cold sweats. “Did you see her?” he asked.

“I did not have any chance to let you know last night,” Murong Chong said, “At this moment she must be having a duel with Yu Luocha.”

Hearing Murong Chong say so, Jin Duyi sprang up and said, “Ay, you do not know her temperament. If she knew she was being swindled by you, I am afraid she is not going to find Yu Luocha to give her a hard time, but she will look for you and bring you bad luck instead.”

Murong Chong grinned. “I don’t think so!” he said, but in his heart he was actually scared.

Ying Xiuyang said, “Don’t worry, I have a way to deal with her.”

“All right,” Murong Chong said, “Just now you said you have a way to destroy Yu Luocha, please elaborate.”

Ying Xiuyang said, “Yu Luocha kidnapped Zhuo Yihang, did you see it with your own eyes?”

“That’s right,” Murong Chong replied.

“Zhuo Yihang is the Sect Leader of Wudang Pai,” Ying Xiuyang explained, “The Sect Leader is kidnapped, that is an extraordinary shame and humiliation, more so because those several Wudang Elders are most concerned about face-saving. We’d better make peace with Priest White Stone, converting an enemy into a friend, joining our forces to attack the Bright Moon Gorge.”

Murong Chong was a proud, first rate martial art master, a well known warrior. When he heard that, he frowned and said, “If we do it that way, even if we can get rid of Yu Luocha, we will be the laughingstock of the heroes under the heavens!”

Hearing that, Ying Xiuyang was extremely upset, but both in terms of martial art skill and official position, Murong Chong was his superior, therefore, he had to endure the reprimand silently.

Jin Duyi laughed and said, “Actually, the idea of joining hands with Wudang Pai is not bad at all, but since Murong Dage does not like it, we’d better think of something else.”

Rolling his eyes, Ying Xiuyang said, “Without outside help, we can still get rid of her!”

Shaking his head, Murong Chong said, “More than half of our Guards are injured, plus there is a riot in the city, her influence is getting bigger. To get rid of her, it is easier said than done!”

Ying Xiuyang said, “Murong Dage knows one, does not know two. Although the people’s movement carried a great momentum, they were no more than a mob; as soon as they succeeded in robbing the grain, they would disperse immediately. Last night I watched secretly in the city, the female troops Yu Luocha brought were less than a hundred. With our uninjured brethrens, we should have nothing to fear!”

5 Here I copy Faerie Queenie's footnote 3 of Chapter 5: The original title of this martial art was actually “Yin feng du sha zhang” which should literally translate as something like: “Palms of the Yin Winds and Venomous pellets/grains/sand.” But because this martial art is mentioned quite often, the translator has decided to shorten the title in order to bring about a better linguistic flow.

Default Chapter 19 – Part 4

Murong Chong said, “Naturally we have nothing to fear about those hundred or so female troops; but what about Yu Luocha? Can your iron whisk match her double-edged sword?”

Ying Xiuyang’s countenance turned awkward; with a dry cough he tried to laugh. “Naturally I am not Yu Luocha’s match,” he said, “But Murong Dage, are you saying that you concede to Yu Luocha?”

Murong Chong said, “Based on real skill alone to achieve victory, she is not my match. But her qinggong is superb, I have no way of dealing with that.” Murong Chong’s internal energy cultivation was indeed profound, his divine fist was without equal, so what he was not exaggerating at all.

Ying Xiuyang laughed, “That’s just it,” he said, “Last night you suffered defeat because those bunch of Taoist priests were opposing you, otherwise, if Yu Luocha were alone, she would never be able to defend herself.”

Jin Qianyan said, “Ah, now I understand Ying Dage’s intention. We overtake her and intercept her at the dangerous cliff before she reaches the Bright Moon Gorge.”

“That’s right!” Ying Xiuyang said, “Our uninjured brothers will deal with her female bandits, With Murong Dage and Jin Dage joining hands, even if Yu Luocha’s qinggong was higher, it will be difficult for her to escape. Xiaodi(6) has no talent, but with this iron whisk, I might be able to block several stances of her. When I was hiding in the city, I saw she was just gathering her female troops, presumably right now they are heading home to the Bright Moon Gorge.”

“Ah, did she return to the city?” Murong Chong asked. He did not know that Ying Xiuyang mistook Tie Shanhu as Yu Luocha, so he was secretly shocked. He thought, “In the blink of an eye she went from Qing Xu Monastery to the center of the city, her qinggong has reached the inconceivable state!” But he also had a second thought that based on his skill level, he should be able to at least fight her evenly. Although Jin Duyi had abandoned his training for three years and his martial art slightly decreased, he was, after all, a top ranking master. On top of that, they had Ying Xiuyang, so that even if Yu Luocha were better, she might not necessarily able to escape from under his palms. Thereupon he immediately selected fifteen Guards to cut Yu Luocha’s return route.

Ying Xiuyang left some instructions to the wounded Guards who were left behind. He said with a laugh, “Everything is under control. Not only that, whether sister-in-law Jin is deceived by Murong Dage’s lie or not, I have a way to make her go back to the Bright Moon Gorge. Jin Dage, you do not need to worry!”

Jin Duyi was delighted. Immediately a group of men headed toward the eastern horizon, which had not even turned white yet. They took small paths, via shortcuts, hurrying toward the Bright Moon Gorge.

Back to Tie Shanhu. Leading a hundred female troops, she left Guangyuan in high spirits. They managed to plunder gold, silver and jewels, which were loaded on two horses they escorted back to their stronghold. Along the way there were common people served them tea and rice that their journey was delayed somewhat. Finally they reached the mountainous area after walking for two hours, and no more common people came out to meet them.

Tie Shanhu looked up and saw the sun, like a huge ball of fire, had already high in the sky. She laughed and said, “Lian Jiejie must be anxiously waiting for us.”

Walking a little longer, they reached the pass where outsiders would enter the mountain, the two towering peaks facing each other formed a valley, on either side on the pass, odd-shaped rocks loomed in great numbers, wild grass grew taller than the waist. Tie Shanhu said, “The horses cannot climb the mountain. Unload the treasures, let the horses graze in the valley.”

She had just finished speaking when suddenly shouts arose from all around them, followed by many strong-looking men sprang up from behind the rocks scattered all over the valley. Jin Duyi led the pack to block them, with a high-pitch laughter he said, “Ha, turns out it is Miss Tie. Where is Yu Luocha?” Tie Shanhu was shocked. Her jade flute poked, Jin Duyi sidestepped and hacked down diagonally.

“Old Freak Jin,” Tie Shanhu said, “You dare to be reckless, my father will not spare you!”

Jin Duyi flatly pulled his palm back. Ying Xiuyang called out, “What do we care about her father? The Old Tie is still in Shanxi. We capture his daughter first. Who told her to join that Demoness?”

Jin Duyi did not see Yu Luocha, he was also afraid Tie Feilong might be there; if the two of them join hands to carry out a vendetta against him, he would have a very difficult time indeed. Hearing they were not here, he was relieved. His big hand opened wide like a fan and came down to grab the crown of Tie Shanhu’s head.

Tie Shanhu leaned back and jumped backwards, while backhandedly attacked a Guard. One after another the female troops charged the enemy. Tie Shanhu had been with Yu Luocha for three years, her qinggong enjoyed a tremendous advancement. Moreover, Jin Duyi’s ankle was injured, when he tried to jump or to move, his footwork was not as nimble as usual, as a result, Tie Shanhu was able to evade his grab.

“Scatter and run!” Tie Shanhu called out loudly.

Ying Xiuyang laughed aloud, he led his men to attack the female troops. Although those female troops were highly trained, they were no match to the fierceness of the East Faction Guards. Amidst the tangled battle, a mix of screams and the noise of clothes being ripped apart were heard continuously.

Suddenly Tie Shanhu leaped onto a horse's back, tossing the bundle down that gold, silver and jewels were scattered and rolling on the ground. As the Guards saw the glittering treasure, some of them left their victims to pick up the treasure. Murong Chong called out, "Destroy the enemy first, pick up the treasure later. Whoever disobeys will be executed!"

Taking advantage of this slight delay, Tie Shanhu squeezed her legs on the horse's belly, the horse let out a long neigh and charged toward the first valley pass. The Bright Moon Gorge was located on a hilly mountain, full of ridges and peaks forming numerous valleys, just like layers of gate one must pass before entering the house. Tie Shanhu thought that as long as she could reach the third pass and shouted loudly, Yu Luocha might hear her.

In the meantime, the female troops scattered into all directions, they tried to escape by climbing the mountain wall on either side of the path. Ying Xiuyang cried out, "To catch bandits, first catch the leader, go after that woman!"

"That's right!" Jin Duyi responded, "If we can capture this girl, we won't have to worry that Yu Luocha will not come over here!"

The cliffs around the Bright Moon Gorge were very steep, to climb it required a lot of strength. Moreover, to fight on the top, good qinggong would be advantageous. Hearing what Jin Duyi said, Murong Chong thought it was a good idea to lure Yu Luocha to come down here. At first he thought it was beneath his dignity to personally capture a nameless girl, but right now he hurriedly mounted the other horse and chased after her.

The floor of the valley was full of grotesquely-shaped jagged rocks. Tie Shanhu was very familiar with the path, she rode her horse like flying among the tall weeds. Although the tall weeds were very dense, there was not any sharp stone on the ground. Tie Shanhu used her jade flute to open up the bushes; looked like very soon she would cross over the second valley pass.

Pursuing on a horseback, Murong Chong accidentally bumped into a sharp rock protruding on the plain. The rock was as sharp as a blade, the horse let out a miserable neigh and tumbled down on the ground. Tie Shanhu entered the second pass.

Murong Chong was enraged, he turned over and rolled, and then quickly leaped up, while his hand picked up several sharp rocks and shot them out successively. Murong Chong's wrist strength was astonishing, separated by about a hundred steps, he managed to hit his target. Tie Shanhu's horse also neighed miserably and its four legs gave up. Tie Shanhu tumbled off the horse and lay down, unmoving.

"Don't kill that girl!" Jin Duyi called out.

Murong Chong mused, 'How come this girl's martial art skill is so bad? Is it possible that she is already dead? I only want to use her to lure Yu Luocha down, I don't want to provoke a powerful enemy like Tie Feilong.'

When he went forward to check, suddenly he felt a breeze as several cold arrows shot toward him. It turned out Tie Shanhu concealed short arrows inside her jade flute. Tie Shanhu blew the short arrows while lying down on the ground. They were only several inches apart, the arrows flew swiftly toward Murong Chong's left and right knees. Murong Chong did not anticipate this attack, hastily he sidestepped, but the back of his left knee was hit by the arrow.

Murong Chong dominated the world for half of his life, yet he fell under Tie Shanhu's trick. It was exactly like a thirty-year old mother fell under a child's trick. He bellowed in anger while pulling the arrow with two fingers.

"Even if you grew wings and flew to the heavens, the Old Man will grab you down!" he roared, and flew up to chase her.

By this time Tie Shanhu had already entered the third valley pass. Murong Chong, Jin Duyi and Ying Xiuyang ran after her from the front of the valley. They were already less than twenty steps behind her!

Such is: In the remote valley who would help? On the desolate mountain wolves and tigers chase ferociously.

6 Little brother, referring to self.

Thanks very much for the translation.

Thank you for the translation. I feel very anxious for Shan Hu though.

Man, the cliffhanger! Great work Foxs.

Wonder how TSH is going to get out of this. Will YLC come in time to save her? Or is it too hopeful on my part to hope that YMK will come to the rescue?

Default Chapter 20 - Part 1

Hmm, we know Yu Luocha is near, and Yue Mingke is not too far away, who might it be? Stay tuned ... Chapter 20 is a rather long chapter.
    ------------------------------

Chapter 20
    A Flute melody
    Broadcasted over the mountain
    Waking up from many years of dream
    Becoming a widow in shame
    (Translated by Foxs, Edited by Eliza Bennet)

Tie Shanhu put the flute on her lips and blew as hard as she could. The pitch of the flute sounded higher and higher while retaining its clarity.

"Ha!" Jin Duyi said, "You are still in the mood to play flute?" Suddenly he felt the ground beneath his feet was shaking, followed by a distant rumble from the top of the mountain.

"Not good!" Ying Xiuyang cried out, "Avalanche!"

All of a sudden big mountain rocks, mixed with ice and snow, rolled down the mountain slope. Actually, the accumulation of snow on the mountain peaks on either side of the Bright Moon Gorge was just about to melt due to the warm spring weather. Every year when the snow melts, all the valley passes would be sealed by the rocks and mud from the peaks.

Murong Chong and his two companions' martial art skills were outstanding, amidst the rolling and flying rocks and snow, they soared high into the sky toward the valley below. In the deafening rumbling noise, with dust and sand filling the air, they saw Tie Shanhu ran desperately.

"That way!" Murong Chong called out. With arms lifted high, he kicked the ground and flew up and pounced down. Tie Shanhu blew another short arrow, but this time Murong Chong had anticipated it, his palm swept horizontally, striking the short arrow down. His left hand moved down, grabbing while he fell back down, he caught Tie Shanhu's neck. Instantly half of Tie Shanhu's body felt wooden, she was unable to move a single step.

"Lian Jiejie, come here, quick!" she called out.

Murong Chong laughed. "That's what I want, I want to wait for your Lian Jiejie!"

The noise of the avalanche gradually stopped. Murong Chong turned his head around to look, the valley pass was completely blocked by mud and rocks, if they did not possess excellent qinggong, they would not be able to climb down from the steep cliff over yonder. Other than Jin Duyi and Ying Xiuyang, who were already in the valley, the other Guards were cut off at the other side of the valley.

Murong Chong pulled Tie Shanhu up and anxiously said, “Our brethrens are on the other side, if Yu Luocha attacked with her female troops, we would be heavily outnumbered!”

Ying Xiuyang said, “Since we have this girl, we’d better go back first. Yu Luocha’s martial art is superb, her courage reaches the heavens; if we have her sworn sister in our hands, she would definitely risk her life to save her. At that time, she will be playing on our field, we control the rule, which will add to our advantage.”

“Very well,” Murong Chong said, “In that case, let’s hurry up and climb out of this place.”

The three of them climbed the cliff. Murong Chong’s martial art was outstanding; although his qinggong was not as amazing as Yu Luocha’s, it could be considered extraordinary. Holding Tie Shanhu, he was still able to climb the cliff as easily as walking on a level road. Ying Xiuyang’s martial art was slightly inferior, but with nothing in his hands, he was able to follow easily. Jin Duyi had the worst of the three; although his martial art skill was high, his ankle wound had not completely healed, walking on a plain, he would not have any problem, but leaping and climbing was especially hard for him, he was forced to rest every several steps.

Murong Chong was impatient, he said to Ying Xiuyang, “Help him up!”

Ying Xiuyang’s qinggong was barely enough to support himself, he did not want to do it, but it was Murong Chong’s order, he had no choice but to brace himself and turn around to help Jin Duyi. Murong Chong waited while resting his legs. Suddenly Tie Shanhu, whom he grabbed tight by his side, let out a shriek.

“Do you want to die?” Murong Chong harshly shouted. When he looked up, he saw a shadow appear on the mountain top. The shadow flew down like a shooting star

“It’s Yu Luocha!” Jin Duyi was scared.

Murong Chong sealed Tie Shanhu’s acupoint and placed her on the side. He waited for the enemy with rapt attention, and saw that the shadow on the mountain was actually not one, but two people, one in the front was leading the other one. The shadow did not fly straight down, but rather, it flitted across each peak, rushing down from the other side of the Bright Moon Gorge. This person looked like a woman. The other shadow appeared and disappeared intermittently between the strange and dangerous-looking rocks. Although this person’s facial features could not be seen clearly, it was obvious that he was not a woman.

Back to Yu Luocha and Zhou Yihang who climbed to the mountain top to look into the distance. Suddenly they heard distant thunder amidst the mountain breeze. "Avalanche on the outlying hills!" Yu Luocha exclaimed, "Shanhu Meizi(1) must be blocked outside!"

She was just going to descend the mountain when from the opposite peak suddenly a shadow appeared to be flying toward them. When they looked closer, they recognized the shadow as Red Flower Demon Matriarch.

"Red Flower Demon Matriarch is back, she must have been misled by others," Zhuo Yihang said, "Lian Jiejie, you must be careful."

"You wait for her here," Yu Luocha said, "I am going to the stronghold and be back in a moment." She turned around and dashed back to the stronghold. Zhuo Yihang waited alone on the peak, Red Flower Demon Matriarch arrived in a flash.

What happened was that when Red Flower Demon Matriarch left the Bright Moon Gorge at dawn, she was half believing, half doubting what Yu Luocha had told her. She thought, 'That thief husband of mine has been warned and advised time and again, but he does not change, so his misdemeanor is to be expected.' She also thought, 'No, it's impossible; he slipped out only a few days ago, not only that, on the second day I have already left to pursue him, he would not have time to flee to Murong Chong and plan to do evil together.' Little did she know that when he escaped this time, Jin Duyi was in cahoots with Ying Xiuyang. They took advantage of Red Flower Demon Matriarch who went out to visit a friend to sneak out and escape along a pre-arranged route.

Red Flower Demon Matriarch's heart was full of suspicions, she mused, 'Yu Luocha said he went to the Qing Xu Monastery, I will go to Qing Xu Monastery to inquire.' Red Flower Demon Matriarch did not know that Priest White Stone was still at the Qing Xu Monastery. When they met, they provoked each other that a big fight almost ensued. During the heated argument, Red Flower Demon Matriarch learned that her husband was indeed at the Qing Xu Monastery earlier, and that he was indeed stabbed by Yu Luocha.

"Who has time to mind your husband?" Priest White Stone scolded, "Running here to look for your husband; what a big joke! You want to find your man? Ask Yu Luocha! Humph, humph! Yu Luocha's sword might not be forgiving, your man must have fallen under that Demoness' evil scheme! You look for her, she might not necessarily give you back your man alive!" Priest White Stone wanted to frustrate her plan, although he had numerous disciples in the monastery, he actually dreaded Red Flower Demon Matriarch, thereupon he provoked her intentionally, implementing the 'shifting the disaster to the east of the river' tactic.

Red Flower Demon Matriarch was anxious to save her husband, she was not in the mood to fight the Wudang Pai. As soon as she heard him, she rushed out of the monastery. It was not until she reached the monastery gate that she remembered something. She turned her head and asked, "What about that Yue Mingke?"

Priest White Stone's countenance sank. "Who would want to leisurely mind other people's business with you? I don't know!" Wudang disciples immediately slammed the gate shut.

Red Flower Demon Matriarch was very angry, she wanted to leap back into the monastery, but then she remembered: husband's life or death was unclear; if he was indeed harmed by Yu Luocha, why would she want to stay in here and mess with White Stone?

As Red Flower Demon Matriarch hurriedly went down the mountain, again she came to the part of the city where she met Murong Chong earlier. By this time the hungry people robbing the granary had already dispersed, the wounded Guards had been brought back to the city. When she arrived, Red Flower Demon Matriarch's ears were immediately assaulted by the sound of miserable wailing and groaning, which shook her to her core. As soon as they were within her sight, she saw the injured was eight or even nine out of ten; all were stabbed by the sword on their acupoints, definitely it was Yu Luocha’s handiwork!

Red Flower Demon Matriarch did not see Murong Chong, neither did she see Ying Xiuyang, so she asked the remaining Guards, who had been instructed by Ying Xiuyang early on to give this answer: “Chief Murong and Chief Ying are out to save Old Father Jin! Senior may go to the Bright Moon Gorge to find them.”

“Why do I have to go to the Bright Moon Gorge?” Red Flower Demon Matriarch asked.

“Ah,” the Guard exclaimed, “So Senior does not know it? Senior Jin was stabbed by Yu Luocha and was kidnapped by her.”

“What about that Yue Mingke?” Red Flower Demon Matriarch, “Ay, also, is it true that Military Commissioner Xiong was executed by the Imperial Court?”

-----------------------
    1 Younger sister, a term of endearment.

White Stone is an idiot, he's making things much harder. Once again thank you for providing us with another chapter. I hope Old Freak Jin gets caught by his wife and Shan Hu wold be saved. I was a little disappointed though, I was hoping that Yue Mingke would be the other shadow but that would have been impossible.

Default Chapter 20 – Part 2

Ay, don't make such a rash conclusion, my friend. I don't want to give any spoiler, but all I can say is: just wait and see ... Personally, this one chapter is very interesting for me.
    ------------------------------------

“Yue Mingke?” the Guard said, “Mmm, right, must be that Yue Mingke! He is such a nameless peon, how do you, Senior, know about him? I heard he was to be executed together with the Commander. He should not enter the state treasury and steal things. The Imperial Court wants to recover those things, and that is exactly why we were sent to hunt and capture him. As for why Xiong Tingbi was being executed, that, we ourselves are not clear. I heard he was charged with treason, for collaborating with the foreign power.” As soon as Red Flower Demon Matriarch finished her inquiry, she left town and hurried toward the Bright Moon Gorge.

When she almost arrived, Red Flower Demon Matriarch could see the pursuing Guards from a distance. Hastily she caught up with them to inquire, but suddenly she heard the thundering noise of the avalanche. By this time Jin Duyi and Murong Chong had already reached the third valley pass, while Red Flower Demon Matriarch had just reached the first valley pass. When she heard the noise, the avalanche of snow had sealed the mountain. She stopped to ask the left behind Guard, and naturally that Guard was Ying Xiuyang’s disciple, whose craftiness was not inferior to his master.

“We are here to rescue Old Father Jin,” the Guard replied, “On our way here we clashed with her gang of female bandit. It’s good that you, Senior, is here! The avalanche of snow sealed up the mountain, we can’t pass through, you can climb the mountain wall, bypass the mountain pass and go to the Bright Moon Gorge.”

Red Flower Demon Matriarch thought it was a good idea. Avoiding the front of the avalanche, she unleashed her qinggong to climb to the mountain peak.

By the time she reached the peak, Murong Chong and the others were still climbing the cliff. They happened to be hidden by the rocks protruding on the cliff’s surface, also by the vine growing on the cracks of the rock wall. Consequently, Red Flower Demon Matriarch was completely oblivious that her husband was underneath her and hence she narrowly missed him.

Just at that time, suddenly she saw another shadow appear on the other side of the mountain peak, as swift as a shooting star flying down the remote valley. Red Flower Demon Matriarch thought, “That kind of qinggong is truly out of the ordinary, it appears almost on par with Yu Luocha’s. I wonder who this highly skilled master of the present age is?” Red Flower Demon Matriarch tried to remember all skilled martial artists from various schools of the Jianghu, but no one had this kind of ability, thereupon she could not figure out which senior master, whom she presumed had lived in seclusion, had come to visit.

In normal times, when she saw this kind of master, Red Flower Demon Matriarch would immediately run after him to get acquainted. But right now, first of all, her heart was set to rescue her husband; secondly, she did not know whether this person was a friend or a foe? If he was a foe, no doubt they would try to kill each other; if he was a friend, they would also waste some time in exchanging some conventional greetings. The Bright Moon Gorge was just ahead, Red Flower Demon Matriarch did not want to waste her time by tarrying in that place.

Having seen that dark shadow flow down the deep valley, she took a deep breath and also dashed lightly from the hill top across the mountain peaks one by one, until she arrived at Yu Luocha’s stronghold on top of the Bright Moon Gorge.

In the meantime, Zhuo Yihang was looking into the distance from the mountain top, his heart was beating fast in anxiety. In a flash Red Flower Demon Matriarch had arrived. “Where is Yu Luocha?” she asked sternly.

Zhuo Yihang cupped his fists and bowed. “Senior has come to visit, I wonder what advice do you have for us?” he asked politely.

“I don’t care about you, just tell Yu Luocha to come over here!” Red Flower Demon Matriarch replied.

“Senior, please wait here for a moment, she will be back momentarily,” Zhuo Yihang said.

Seeing the gate of the stronghold was tightly closed, Red Flower Demon Matriarch said, “Humph, you are just stalling on her behalf. Lao Niang(2) will not fall into your trick.” Red Flower Demon Matriarch thought that Yu Luocha realized she was in the wrong and thus did not dare to meet Red Flower Demon Matriarch, so she must be closing the stronghold gate and sneaking out from the back of the stronghold and going down the mountain.

In her impatience, she pushed Zhuo Yihang aside with her left palm, and rushed forward while exerting her school’s internal energy to her crutch. With a loud grunt she struck the stronghold gate that it cracked open, followed by a hack with her palm that the gate collapsed. The female troops inside scattered around in confusion.

Yu Luocha rushed in and angrily shouted, “Red Flower Demon Matriarch, you dare to destroy my stronghold’s gate?” ‘Shua, shua!’ her sword went straight toward Red Flower Demon Matriarch’s heart.

Red Flower Demon Matriarch shook her crutch to block, like a flying bird Yu Luocha flitted across the top of her head and landed on a higher position. "Come, come!" she shouted, "Let's fight for another three hundred stances!"

Red Flower Demon Matriarch waved her hand backward and shouted, "Yu Luocha, you dare to lie to me, give me back my man, otherwise, I am not going to let you rest!"

Yu Luocha knew very well that Red Flower Demon Matriarch was fooled by others, but she hated her for breaking down the stronghold gate; her anger rose to the top of her head, she did not care right or wrong anymore. With a cold laugh she shouted, "If you don't fix my stronghold gate, I may know you, but my sword does not. Even if you let me rest, I won't let you rest!" While still speaking, her sword had already made six, seven deadly attacks with extremely fast speed!

Red Flower Demon Matriarch was also furious, her dragon-head crutch swept across with loud whooshing noise. She fought Yu Luocha fiercely in front of the stronghold! Red Flower Demon Matriarch wanted to rescue her husband, plus she hated Yu Luocha for being rude to her, hence she went all-out with the intention to kill the opponent. The crutch was as heavy as the mountain. Yu Luocha had painstakingly trained her internal energy on the Bright Moon Gorge for the last three years, yet she found it was really not easy to block the crutch. But Yu Luocha's qinggong was outstanding, Red Flower Demon Matriarch struck the sand and stone around her that it swirled in the air, but she could not hit her!

"Ha," suddenly Yu Luocha laughed, "For more than three years I haven't had this much fun!"

When a chess player meets his match, his spirit will rise. Yu Luocha brought the full power of her school's unique sword technique to the unprecedented level. Her sword style unfolded, the sword dance in the air like a divine dragon, stabbing and hacking, thrusting and retreating, going up and down, sometimes real sometimes fake, each stance hid several other variations, each one was amazing to the extreme.

Red Flower Demon Matriarch failed to rein her under control. "Fine!" she shouted angrily, "I will go all out against you!" Her crutch and palm alternated, her strikes grew more and more vicious. The crutch hacked, swept, coiled and struck, just like a sudden clap of thunder, every single one aimed at one of Yu Luocha's vital points. Her left palm carried an earth-shattering power, the gust of wind from it pushed the tip of Yu Luocha's sword aside.

Watching from the side, Zhuo Yihang was very anxious. "If you have something to say, let's talk!" he shouted, "Senior Jin is really not here!" But both sides were staking everything they had in this fierce battle, neither side was willing to yield, neither side was even willing to talk, each one returned an attack for an attack, in less than a hour, they had already fought for more than 300 stances!

This fierce battle was not the same as their fight on the Mimo Cliff a few years previously. Last time there were Priest White Stone and Tie Feilong fought two battles first, draining Red Flower Demon Matriarch's strength considerably, and then there was Yue Mingke's glove, which gave Yu Luocha quite a bit of advantage. This time both of them were using their full power. Although Yu Luocha's sword stances were ruthless, her qinggong was amazing, her internal energy was still inferior to the opponent's, hence after fighting for a long time, her breathing became labored and she fell into a disadvantageous position.

Zhuo Yihang was completely at a loss, he wanted to intervene, but could not enter the battle. Suddenly he heard Red Flower Demon Matriarch shout, "Take this!" In one fluid motion the dragon-head crutch swept upward and swiftly went back down, quick as lightning it pressed down Yu Luocha's sword, and then her left palm swept, it went straight to slap Yu Luocha's face!

The female troops cried out in alarm, but they heard Yu Luocha's tender laughter, "Not now!" It was not clear how she did it, but in that seemingly impossible situation, her sword suddenly arose from under Red Flower Demon Matriarch's crutch, turned around, and a tooth for a tooth, it went straight toward the pit of Red Flower Demon Matriarch's stomach.

-------------------------------
    2 Lit. Old Madame, referring to self.

Ah man, another cliffhanger!!! The fight btwn these two women are always so entertaining. These two are exactly alike in their manners, if not for that useless husband of Red Flower, they might be best friends. They have more in common than they think. They both fell in love with useless men!!!!

OMG, was the shadow Red Flower saw YMK? I'm excited. He just might make it in time to rescue TSH after all. Yeah!!!

Thanks Foxs. Please don't keep us waiting too long for the next installment.

Default Chapter 20 – Part 3

Not too long, I hope? ... But I am afraid you will have to wait till next update before seeing Yue Mingke making his appearance.
    -----------------------------------

It turned out after the battle at the Mimo Cliff, Yu Luocha came to the realization that the Red Flower Demon Matriarch was the most formidable opponent in her entire life, thereupon she took a lot of trouble thinking about how to deal with her staff technique. Although her internal strength was inferior to the opponent's, which make it impossible for her to compete strength for strength, actually she had a very good grasp of Red Flower Demon Matriarch's staff technique. In the face of danger, she utilized her outstanding qinggong and escaped suddenly from the opponent's two converging attacks.

Red Flower Demon Matriarch was confident that this time Yu Luocha would not be able to dodge; who would have thought that she was still able to escape. Unconsciously a feeling of fondness of this kind of skill grew in her heart, she thought, "This baby girl is so young, yet she is able to train to this level, it really is not easy! If she did not kill that thief husband of mine, I might just let her go." Her crutch swayed, she shook Yu Luocha's sword aside.

As they both were slowing down, Red Flower Demon Matriarch spoke harshly, "That thief husband of mine, is he alive or is he dead? Aren't you going to tell me?"

Yu Luocha laughed. "How do I know whether he is alive or dead?" she replied.

Red Flower Demon Matriarch's anger had reached the top of her head. "Didn't you stab him? How come you do not know?" she asked.

"That's right," Yu Luocha replied, "I did stab him, but when I did, he was obviously still alive. Whether right now he is dead or alive, how do I know?"

Red Flower Demon Matriarch's heart ached, she still believed that her husband was captured by Yu Luocha and was about to die from his injury, and that's why Yu Luocha said what she said. "Take me to see him in the stronghold," she roared, "If he is not dead yet, you must help him quickly, if he is dead, humph, I'll take your life as compensation."

With a cold laugh Yu Luocha said, "If you have the ability, go in by yourself!" She held her sword across her chest, ready to fight again.

Zhuo Yihang anxiously called out, "Senior Jin is really not here!"

"Where is he?" Red Flower Demon Matriarch shouted back.

Zhuo Yihang replied, "When he was stabbed last night, he rolled down the hill. I think he returned to the city to look for Murong Chong."

"Nonsense!" Red Flower Demon Matriarch said, "Murong Chong is just outside the valley, he is delayed by the avalanche but will be here shortly. If he returned to the city, why would Murong Chong come over here to save him?"

Yu Luocha's heart was shaken, she mused, "I am having fun here, fighting her to my heart's content, unexpectedly, Murong Chong is here to attack. I am afraid Shanhu Meimei is pursued by them. Shanhu Meimei is not their match." Thereupon she said urgently, "If that's the case, let's find Murong Chong and confront him directly, won't that be a lot more convenient?"

With a cold laugh Red Flower Demon Matriarch said, "Saving people is like fighting the fire. Since you have stabbed his vital acupoint, how can I still have time to leisurely visit Murong Chong with you?"

Yu Luocha laughed in glee, "Who said I stabbed his vital acupoint?" she said, "Your husband's martial art skill is nothing but ordinary. Let me be frank with you, I did want to stab his vital acupoint, but he was able to dodge quickly, at most I only managed to stab the area around his ankle, what are you worrying about?"

"Are you serious?" Red Flower Demon Matriarch asked, "So he is really not here? Humph, Yu Luocha, don't lie to me. When I asked you earlier, why didn't you say something about his injury?"

Yu Luocha laughed aloud. "This minor matter is also worth mentioning?" she said, "Let me ask you: when you lost your face, would you casually mention it to others?"

"What?" Red Flower Demon Matriarch said, "When did I ever lose my face? Are you talking about the last time we met at the Mimo Cliff? That time you took turn fighting me, it did not count!"

Yu Luocha laughed and said, "I was just drawing an analogy. Your husband's martial art skill is obviously inferior to mine, but I still failed to stab his vital acupoint. Doesn't it mean I lost my face? Of course I am embarrassed to mention it."

Red Flower Demon Matriarch was both angry and amused. "Humph," she mused, "I did not expect you to be this proud!" But because of that, she believed her. "All right," she said, "Let's go!"

Surprisingly, Yu Luocha coldly said, "No you can't!"

Red Flower Demon Matriarch as astonished, "Didn't you say you want to see Murong Chong for a direct confrontation?" she asked.

"That's right," Yu Luocha replied, "But you broke my stronghold's gate, you must apologize to me; as for the repair of the gate, I'll let you wait until after we see Murong Chong."

Red Flower Demon Matriarch was livid, stamping her crutch, she said, "Yu Luocha, you dare to patronize me?"

"I am the master of the stronghold," Yu Luocha said, "Breaking the gate of my stronghold is the same as overthrowing the Emperor's dragon bed, or tearing down the escort banner of an escort agency. Don't you understand the custom of the Jianghu? Quickly apologize, then we'll go find Murong Chong."

Red Flower Demon Matriarch was startled, there was indeed such custom in the Jianghu. But this matter was not clear yet, whether her husband was in the stronghold had not been determined, how could she lower herself and offer an apology? She said angrily, "You want me to apologize? Alright! You may fight my crutch again, if my crutch bows to you, then I will also bow to you."

Zhuo Yihang was very anxious, he blamed Yu Luocha for raising up new issues, who would have thought Yu Luocha was extremely stubborn and unyielding. With a cold laugh she said, "Then we'll fight for three hundred stances more! Yihang, go down the mountain, see if Shanhu Meimei has returned."

Angrily Red Flower Demon Matriarch brandished her crutch with the stance 'Wild Goose Fall on Flat Sand', sweeping the waist and striking the leg.

"Very good!" Yu Luocha called out, she swayed and leaped suddenly that the dragon-head crutch swept pass underneath her feet. While in the air, Yu Luocha did not slow down the least bit, with the move 'White Rainbow Piercing the Sun' from high in the sky she struck down. Red Flower Demon Matriarch raised her crutch horizontally to parry. 'Crash!' the sword and the crutch collided. Yu Luocha bounced back up. Borrowing the momentum, she leaped several zhang sideways.

Suddenly they heard intermittent sound of flute, faint and faraway, the sound was thin and clear, majestic like a silk thread floating in the air, sometimes it was a burst of short staccato, sometimes it was a long note, as if it came from the outer space, or came down from among the clouds; Yu Luocha's countenance abruptly changed. As Red Flower Demon Matriarch's crutch struck by, Yu Luocha brandished her sword to divert the attack while calling out, "All right, we'll talk about your apology later after we confront Murong Chong."

"Do you think I care about your joke?" Red Flower Demon Matriarch said, while raising her crutch to strike again. In the meantime, the flute sounded even more clear and melodious. Red Flower Demon Matriarch had also heard it. She felt the flute was filled with unbounded grief, but was also brimming with anger. Red Flower Demon Matriarch's heart shook. Without meaning it, she blurted, "Who plays the flute in here?"

"Tie Feilong's daughter, Tie Shanhu," Yu Luocha replied, "The avalanche has closed up the mountain, I think she is trapped."

Zhuo Yihang said, "If Senior Jin's injury is not heavy, chances are he is here with Murong Chong. Aiya! Not good!" He was thinking that if Tie Shanhu was surrounded, she would not escape Murong Chong and the others' evil clutches.

Red Flower Demon Matriarch's heart was shaken. She also called out inwardly, "Aiya! Not good!" Because she thought, 'I was convinced that that thief husband is with Yu Luocha in here, it never occurred to me that he might come together with Murong Chong. If he did come, with the sword wound has not healed yet, how would he escape the avalanche disaster?' And then she thought, 'If he did come, ay, ay, won't that mean Yu Luocha is telling the truth? That as soon as he left home, he immediately did bad deeds? Ay! How can I explain to Yu Luocha? Will I have to personally cripple him and just turn a deaf ear to her insult? Humph, humph, no, I can't do that! We are, after all, husband and wife for several decades! Aiya! That won't do! But neither can I cover up for him, since won't I forever be the laughingstock of the Wulin?'

While waves of disquieting thoughts were burning in Red Flower Demon Matriarch's mind, Yu Luocha's heart was also burning with anxiety from hearing Tie Shanhu's flute sound. In her heart she was scolding herself for messing around with Red Flower Demon Matriarch. Brandishing her sword to get away, she called out, "Even if you are not coming, I still want to go! If you have a thick skin, you may stay here and bully my female troops!"
    -----------------------------------

I have a personal favor to ask: does anybody have an unabridged Bordertown Wanderer, Flying Fox and Horizon, Bright Moon, and is willing to share it with me? Preferrably in Word or plain text document. If you do, would you email it to me, please? My email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by foxs; 11-21-09 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks for the update Foxs.

As for your request, I was thinking about putting together the Bordertown translation so I can re-read it in the future. Now that you asked, I'll send you a copy once I have it. After all the translation that you've done, this is the least I could do in return for you.

Default THANK YOU!!!

Thank you so much, SkyWalker and Trevor for sending the files to me. You guys have saved me several hours of going through the thread and cut-n-paste the story. I will print it out and read it leisurely,that way I can maximize my time in front of the computer to translate. Again, thank you so much. You guys are great!

Sincerely,
    Foxs

Default Chapter 20 – Part 4

Thanks to tong_sun_lim also for sending me the files. I appreciate all of you for your thoughtfulness.

Now, as promised, Yue Mingke ...
    --------------------------------------

"Pei!" Red Flower Demon Matriarch spat, "This matter must come to light(3), even if you fly to the end of the earth, I will come with you!" Her crutch pushed the earth, her body flew up, following close behind Yu Luocha. In the meantime, although he had used up his entire ability, Zhuo Yihang still fell several dozen zhang behind.

After Yue Mingke left the Qing Xu Monastery the previous night, he hid himself in the mountain forest. By the fourth watch of the night, he heard noisy footsteps as he saw Murong Chong and his large group of men went down the mountain, with each one carrying or supporting his wounded companion. "Hey," Yue Mingke mused, "Surprisingly, Priest White Stone is not bad at all. Murong Chong and the others suffer a crushing defeat under the Wudang Pai." He did not know that Yu Luocha had come and gone, because he took a different route going down the mountain from Yu Luocha going up, hence they did not see each other.

Yue Mingke had been on the run for several days, plus he had just out of a fierce battle, so his strength was depleted. Seeing Murong Chong and his men went far, he was relieved and said in his heart, "I'd better sleep for a while, and then after dawn return to apologize to Priest White Stone and take my leave from Zhuo Xiong."

He did not know how long he had been sleeping when suddenly a noise awakened him. Yue Mingke was sleeping in between two large rocks. He took a peek from the opening between the rocks and saw a hideous-looking old woman, with a big red flower stuck on her temple. She was mumbling indistinctively, but she strode as if she were flying as she dashed toward the city. Yue Mingke was startled. Could it be this person was the Red Flower Demon Matriarch? It looked like her qinggong was not inferior to his own, she disappeared from his sight quickly. Yue Mingke sprang up. He tidied up his clothes and hat, and then went back up the mountain and knocked on the Qing Xu Monastery's door.

Priest White Stone had been subsequently harassed by Yu Luocha and Red Flower Demon Matriarch, so he was still very angry. Who would have thought that Yue Mingke would appear as soon as Red Flower Demon Matriarch left? As soon as Priest White Stone saw him, his anger rose again. Yue Mingke performed the ritual to show respect to a senior, he bowed with cupped fists in front of Priest White Stone and asked, "Is Zhuo Xiong well?"

Priest White Stone angrily said, "Aren't you all together with that witch Yu Luocha?"

"What?" Yue Mingke was surprised.

"You are still pretending. Yu Luocha has kidnapped our Sect Leader!" Priest White Stone replied.

Yue Mingke was even more surprised, "Really? Is there really such matter?" he asked, "So Yu Luocha is also in Guangyuan?"

Priest White Stone grew even more angry, "Yue Mingke," he scolded, "As a junior you are really too audacious, it's all right for you to frame us, Wudang Pai, that we oppose the government authorities, but why do you collude with Yu Luocha to make fun of us?"

To have their Sect Leader kidnapped, the shame that Sect must bear was not light, that was the reason Priest White Stone's resentment appeared in his speech and countenance.

Yue Mingke bowed respectfully and replied, "About last night, I, Junior, admit my guilt. However, about collusion with Yu Luocha, I believe Senior misunderstood!"

'Swish!' Priest White Stone drew his sword and shouted, "Just for last night, you should eat my sword! It's not enough for you to simply apologize for such an important matter!"

Priest White Stone's Sequential Life-snatching Sword Technique was fast and nimble to the extreme, while he was still talking, he had already launched several stances. Yue Mingke hastily pulled out his sword to block. With a loud 'Dang! he shook Priest White Stone's sword aside.

Priest White Stone called out, "Wudang disciples, aren't you going to make your move?"

Yue Mingke feigned a sword attack, but he jumped out the main gate and like flying he ran away! Priest White Stone was not able to run after him and was very angry at himself!

Yue Mingke was very disheartened by Xiong Tingbi's death, several times he thought about shaving his head and become a Buddhist monk, and returned to Tianshan(4). It was because there was a Tie Shanhu in his mind that he was still indecisive. As we know, Yu Luocha had proposed marriage on impulse, which Yue Mingke responded improperly, and was heard by Tie Feilong, father and daughter. As a result, Tie Shanhu was angry and ran away. Yue Mingke deeply regretted the incident and felt it was his duty to find Tie Shanhu and offer her an apology before he could have a clear conscience. Because of the flurry of military activity, he had not had any chance to realize his desire. Now that he heard that Yu Luocha had appeared the previous night, he thought, 'Since Yu Luocha is here, she must know Tie Shanhu's whereabouts. Although she does not get along with me well, I still need to find her and ask.' Thereupon Yue Mingke went down the mountain to inquire further and found that Yu Luocha was at the Bright Moon Gorge. Nine out of ten Guangyuan residents knew about it. Yue Mingke also asked the direction toward the Bright Moon Gorge and immediately left.

In the meantime, Red Flower Demon Matriarch had also just left the city heading toward the Bright Moon Gorge. However, with one in front of the other, both Yue Mingke and Red Flower Demon Matriarch did not know the presence of the other.

When he was near the Bright Moon Gorge, Yue Mingke also saw the pursuing Guards in the valley, and saw the escaping female troops on the hillside. He was greatly surprised. Thereupon he stopped a female trooper and asked.

Seeing he was not one of the Guards, the female trooper asked his identity. "I am your Lian Zhaizhu's(5) friend," Yue Mingke replied.

It was only then did the female trooper realize that Yue Mingke was able to climb the mountain swifter than the monkeys, she presumed he must be a Wulin master, so he said happily, "Then you must quickly save our Tie Zhaizhu! She is being chased by the falcons and dogs, and has just entered the mountain pass over there."

"Who?" Yue Mingke jumped in shock.

"Don't you know our Tie Zhaizhu?" the female trooper asked, "She is the daughter of Old Hero Tie of the northwest, her given name is Shanhu."

She had not finished speaking, Yue Mingke had already dashed away like flying. Like a clump of white shadow he weaved amidst the dangerous cliffs spread around that valley. Yue Mingke's qinggong was almost on par with Yu Luocha's, although they had good eyesight, the pursuing Guards only saw a white shadow flitted across the hills; nobody knew whether it was a ghost or a human, so nobody dared to even speak about intercepting it.

By the time Yue Mingke reached the first mountain pass, Tie Shanhu had just entered the third pass. When she played the flute the first time to alert Yu Luocha, she only played several notes and was cut off by the avalanche, so Yu Luocha did not hear it (Yu Luocha did hear the second time she blew the flute), but Yue Mingke did hear it.

As soon as Yue Mingke heard the flute, his heart went wild with joy. "Thank heavens, it really is she!" he mumbled to himself. And then suddenly he heard the loud thunderous noise in the valley, echoed on the ten thousand peaks, an ear-splitting noise. Yue Mingke grew up in the northwest, so he was familiar with avalanche, hastily he jumped to a higher hilltop.

The avalanche stopped a moment later. Yue Mingke quickly jumped over several mountaintops. He saw the third mountain pass in the distance; it was completely covered with snow. He looked into the distance, but did not see anybody ahead. He thought, 'Shanhu Meimei must be trapped underneath the deep valley. It would be really bad if the enemy also escaped the avalanche!' Taking a deep breath, he unleashed his qinggong's full potential and glided down from the peak.

It was at this time that Red Flower Demon Matriarch was flitting across the peaks, about several zhang above him. Yue Mingke heard the wind and when he glanced upward, he saw Red Flower Demon Matriarch. He felt it strange and mused, "She was at the Qing Xu Monastery, and now she is rushing here to the Bright Moon Gorge, I wonder what her intention is?" But Yue Mingke's heart was set on rescuing Tie Shanhu, so he did not wish to do anything with Red Flower Demon Matriarch. His hands pulled the tangle of vines, his feet stepped on the cracks on the cliff's surface, in a short time he reached the waist of the mountain. Suddenly he heard Murong Chong shouting loudly, "You must not leave!"

Yue Mingke took a quick look and saw Murong Chong was laughing maliciously, while by his side he was grabbing the person Yue Mingke yearned day and night, Tie Shanhu. Yue Mingke was shocked and angered, drawing his sword from its sheathe he called out, "I'll fight you to the death!"

Murong Chong swung Tie Shanhu behind him while saying with a laugh, "Very good, go ahead!"

Yue Mingke called out, "You dare to harm a single strand of your hair, today the three of you and I will die together in this valley!"

Jin Duyi suddenly yelled, "Let's get down and talk!"

--------------------------------------
    3 Orig. 'shui luo shi chu' - as the water recedes, the rocks appear.
    4 Tianshan mountain range is located between Xinjiang and Mongolia.
    5 Reminder: Zhaizhu means stronghold master.

No need to thank me for the file Foxs. Like I said, it's the least I could do for all you've done to bring us this great story. And thank you for the much awaited updated!

And finally YMK!!!! Yeah!!! He's so cool and he finally realizes his true feelings for TSH. Those three slims better watch out b/c YMK is on a mission and not so far behind are YLC & Red Flower. This will be a very interesting battle. Can't wait for YLC & YMK to team up and whip these losers.