Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the White Haired Maiden

I'm not offended at all, evertyone has their own thoughts of particular series, and persona,lly I find it refrehing to speak with others of their personal views of a given series. No offense is taken or is ever intended on my part.

two points; lack of fight scenes youm entioned, when I watched the series (rewatching it now) I'm seeing a fight scene to three fight scenes, for every episode, even if it is a battle of words it (to me) still counts (because sometimes something said by one instigates another into a fight in another episode) I think That Shui Ling did the part rather well considering the age she was at the time (11 years ago, last I recall she is 30 something? (don't really remember))

question; could you explain how exactly YLC lost to ZYH? (sadly I never actually noticed that happen in the series or the movie :/)

As to the actors to play the parts, well, i think it is a (personal) toss up between Shui Ling, and Li Bingbing, personally speaking both women can protary the character very well. for the part of ZYH; I'd think either Julian Chilam or (if possible) Hu Ge

But that's just me, the book is wonderful too, I guess it really actually helps some because it creates a mental video/movie to watch as one reads.
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

From what I remember the beginning was really fast paced. There were a lot of fights at the start. They did the Wang Zhao Xi and his fiance saga was done in like 1-2 episodes while they took a rather lengthy amount of chapters in the novel. What I noticed was by the time they reached the middle it they ploughed through the plot and fight scenes so they could sandwich the massive corny romance and stupid misunderstandings to and fro and a lot of comedic bouts which I thought dragged the story.

I can't remember the dialogue clearly but I remember it was in the cave after he saw her naked and they were fighting. I think hw tricked her or won the conditions in the matches because even though it looked like she was winning he won? I think he broke/snatched her belongings or something winning their conditional match? Sorry, my mind is very vague, all I remember is that he was triumphant.

Lol shouldn't have asked, you are a Shui Ling addict. Shui Ling is the prettiest YLC and from what you said it was pretty remarkable given their ages. But seriously, the script writers killed her character. I remember this girl called her a demoness and that YLC was an outcast and she wasn't a proper demon nor as a proper human. All YLC said was "You-", but we that just for their arrogance she cut off the fingers of the Wudang students. Script writers did a terrible job.

If I would choose a modern actress for YLC I'd choose Hu Jing and Tang Yang. Hu Jing is elegant naturally in rather heavy make up is stunning, plus she looks like a mature woman, not like a silly little girl. Tang Yang is quite new, she's easily gorgeous but she has this confident and rather complicated kind of evil ish look (sorry, can't think of a better word). I think she has a knack for playing sultry and evil characters and with more experience she could capture YLC.

Hmmm, very good points there, very good points (and yes I am a SL addict I admit it) I rewatched that ep last night btw, their first fight scene. I do not recall her being naked though, i'm not exactly one that watches that kind of show... I recall their fight pretty well I think (I found the series on tudou, if you like I can send you a link to it sometime?) (2 playlists in fact)

ZYH managed to win the fight, but nearly provoke another to begin, mostly because he managed (somehow this actually really freaked me out and got me wondering) to actually cut her right earring off, none of it was still on her ear though.

To be totally honest; I thought, for a guy, Wang Zhao Xi was a gentle looking dude one would love ot have for a brother. (I'm a guy)

I think I thought most hilarious was Xiao Xiao the monk fellow, who played him? he was silly in the Thai version, whoever did he voice over part made him even funnier
    Local Li Bingbing/Shui Ling addict
    Out of my mind, back in several years or until the Wife says I can, whichever comes first
    Itsh A Sthpork Sthupid!! ~ Daffy Duck, as quoted by my sister

Yeah that's what I meant by he won based on conditions. YLC had the upper hand but he cut off her earring without her even noticing. (VERY big stretch). Well not excatly naked, she had a short fabric covering her in the lake but yeah... dialogue said he saw her completely. (olden says must have been super conservative) Wang Zhao was girlier looking than I thought.

I thought the monk was funny first time round but as an adult I find him annoying >.>

Default Chapter 26 – Part 5

After battling the Red Flower Demon Matriarch twice, Yu Luocha learned an important lesson. Even if her swordsmanship were more proficient, she knew that by one against three, granted that she would not necessarily lose, but it was also difficult to score a victory. She thought: ‘The combined power of these three is more or less equal to one Red Flower Demon Matriarch. Since my qinggong is far surpassing theirs, I can fully utilize it to defeat them, just like when I fought Red Flower Demon Matriarch.’ Thereupon by avoiding the enemy’s strength and striking their weaknesses, relying on her exquisite swordsmanship and footwork, she attacked whenever there was a hole in the three-sword defense, weaving in and out their encirclement, and launched ruthless strikes whenever possible, blurring and confusing these three men’s visions. Each one of them was forced to guard against a sneak attack, and gradually lost their coordination. Although on the surface it seemed like three persons joined hands against one, in actuality each one had to fight his own battle.

About fifty to seventy stances later, the sword movements of these three people were growing more and more chaotic. Zhuo Yihang called out, “Enmity should not be sowed, besides, there is no serious hatred between us; please stop fighting."

As soon as he uttered those words, Four Elders of Wudang and Yu Luocha were all dissatisfied. The Four Elders thought: 'Zhuo Yihang is actually speaking on behalf of the outsider; his heart is leaning to the outside!' While Yu Luocha thought, 'Why do you have to wait until I gain the upper hand before you ask me to make peace with them? You are asking me to receive their insult for no reason. In this critical moment you are not making your heart's desire clear, but trying to stop the fight instead.' Both sides were angered and thus their battle intensified.

Priest Yellow Leaf walked toward Zhuo Yihang and in a serious tone said, "The matter of today concerns Wudang's glory or disgrace. Things have gone this far, if because of personal feelings you speak on her behalf, not only you are a traitor to our school, you will also be despised by the Wulin people under the heavens! You are not an ordinary disciple, you should realize that you are the Sect Leader Disciple! To fight for our Sect's glory or disgrace is the responsibility of the Sect Leader; even if your body is torn and your bones crushed, you should never relinquish this responsibility. Don’t you know this?"

Zhuo Yihang's heart was pierced; he sobbed and said, "She is only a lone woman, how can she oppose our Sect? Shishu, please don't force me to be her enemy!"

Priest Yellow Leaf's countenance changed from white to blue, the pupils of his eyes were blazing as he reprimanded Zhuo Yihang, "I'll let you think for a minute, you are a sensible and highly educated man, I don't want to see you degenerating into a rebel who is reviled by everybody!" With glowering eyes he looked at Zhuo Yihang, and then he turned his attention back to the battle.

He noticed Yu Luocha's exceptionally marvelous swordsmanship that even her three opponents were head over heels just to defend themselves! What was more embarrassing was that Yu Luocha was laughing while she was fighting, as if the entire Wudang Pai were not worthy in her eyes!

Priest Yellow Leaf angrily said, “Ruthless Demoness, what a good friend you are! Do you think you can just tread on our Wudang Pai with the soles of your feet? Our Sect Leader cannot come out, although I am old, even if my body is torn and my bones crushed, I simply cannot allow you to show off your viciousness!” Panting with rage, he pulled out his sword and charged to the middle of the battle.

Zhuo Yihang was crying bitterly, but no one among his martial bothers who were standing around him came to comfort him.

Priest Yellow Leaf was the leader among the Four Elders, naturally his power was out of the ordinary. As he unleashed the power of his sword, the sword light flashed, followed by a faint noise like a thunderstorm. He pulled and pushed, Yu Luocha’s sword momentum was suddenly blocked. White Stone and the others, three men, were able to take a breather, and then pressed on to attack again.

“Ha … ha …” Yu Luocha laughed maniacally, “Four Wudang Elders have all come! Truly it is my good fortune that I can fight Wudang masters today!”

Hearing this, Priest Yellow Leaf was both ashamed and angry; he shouted, “Witch, stop your madness! Watch the sword!” With a stance ‘wind and thunder strikes’ he sent his strength to his foot and pressed down.

Yu Luocha was moving her sword backhandedly, suddenly she felt a whiff of energy pressing down on her. Yu Luocha’s movements were extremely fast, following the wind of the sword, her body floated out like a long-winded willow, while launching the sword stance ‘vicious fowl pecking a chestnut’ on a sudden attack toward Priest White Stone. But as her sword tip reached midway, suddenly it changed into ‘divine colt spreads out its legs’, with a stab toward Priest Red Cloud’s heel.

Red Cloud’s sword moved down to parry, Yu Luocha’s sword vibrated and abruptly changed into a straight thrust in the ‘golden roc folds its wing’, threatening the ‘seal gate’ acupoint on the lower side of Priest Green Palm’s body. In this instant Yu Luocha had already attacked three famous masters. Priest Yellow Leaf was greatly shocked. The light of his sword reached out to protect his three martial brothers He was using the 'sticking' technique to entangle Yu Luocha's sword, while his gaze was fixed on her.

This 'sticking' technique belonged to the 'internal' side of the martial arts, which Priest Yellow Leaf had trained to the point of perfection, but it must not be used freely. It follows these martial art theories: 'shedding humanity', 'bent along the crooked elongated following the stretching', 'neither resist nor fight back', 'strength following speed', 'gradual dispensing of strength in reaction to the slow action'. [Translator's note: this part is too hard for me, my apology for the inaccuracy.] Just like a magnet pulling iron and stick to it, it was the 'power-to-attract-other-power' type of skill.

Priest Yellow Leaf unleashed his life-long cultivated skill, although Yu Luocha was able to move like a whirlwind, she was entangled by him and was unable to escape, so that she could not unleash her own power. Furthermore, White Stone and the others, three men, were all martial art masters of the present age. Immediately she was forced into a disadvantageous position!

After fighting for more than a hundred stances, beads of perspiration started to appear on Yu Luocha's forehead. She tried hard repeatedly, but failed to break out of the encirclement, she was exasperated; and so, disregarding life and death, she launched an all-out attack, evading the strong striking the weak, she concentrated her offensive moves on White Stone, Green Palm and Red Cloud. All her moves were ruthless and were meant to kill or heavily injure the opponents. Priest Yellow Leaf was greatly alarmed. Actually, he had several opportunities to injure her, but in order to save his martial brothers, he had no choice but to move his sword to block her attacks.

Priest Yellow Leaf said, "Let me take care of the defense against her sword power, all of you concentrate on the offense." He moved his sword to follow the revolving light of Yu Luocha's sword, while White Stone and the others, three men, moved their swords like a storm in vicious stabs.

The five swords battling each other looked like a net of light; wherever Yu Luocha's sword struck, it felt like she was striking an iron rampart or a copper wall. White Stone and the others, three men's swords were linked sequentially to each other, giving Yu Luocha no time to launch any counterattack. Yu Luocha had no choice but gritted her teeth and take the challenge head on; her eyes scanned four directions and opened to eight sides. Relying on her superb qinggong she soared and dodged everywhere, in just a short time they had fought several dozens more stances!

This kind of battle was rarely seen in the world, Wudang Pai disciples watched with blurry eyes, everybody held their breath with eyes fixed on the battle field. Zhuo Yihang had early on stopped crying, his attention was drawn by the fierce battle in front of him. By this time, actually the Four Elders of Wudang had occupied the upper hand position, however, the crowd of Wudang disciples only saw the sword chi crisscrossing each other, they were dazzled by rays of light, the swords seemed to be everywhere, just like stars in a dark night, millions of sparks sprinkled the air, the shadows of five combatants intermingled with each other, so that it was hard to distinguish one person from the other. Zhuo Yihang watched with a shaken heart and soul; he knew that in this fierce battle, casualty was definitely difficult to avoid. His heart was split, he did not know which side he wish would triumph.

---------------------------------
    Does anyone but me think that White Stone is the real villain in this story? I mean, Wei Zhongxian was the traitor to China and all, but he was merely a historical background, just like Genghis Khan in LOCH, i.e. he was doing what he was supposed to do (and in fact, what he actually did). But White Stone (and his Wudang cronies) were supposed to be good guys, which turned out to be the bad guys.

Fighting_Wind, to answer your question several days ago (I am rather busy these days, did not visit the forum for some time ...), this story is alright. Not my favorite, but not bad either. To borrow movies' genre: It's a drama, not an action movie. It lacks the epic/heroism of Jin Yong's Trilogy (with battle against the invaders and all), and lacks the mystery/plot twisting a la Gu Long's Lu Xiaofeng, but I like the drama as the story unfolds.

Actually, I really pity the character of ZYH to be written in such a weak character to glorify the character of LYS. He is weak emotionally and pysically compared to the rest of the male character. Just wandering why his teacher,Purple Sun does not provide a solid foundation in building up his leadership skill if he is intended to hand over the Wudang leadership to him.

Thanks foxs...I too think that white stone is the real villian but I felt ZYH should have fought for his love....YLC was even willing to bear the curses from wudang guys and threw her sword!

ZYH doesnt diserve her ...Sigh...if only I met with YLC..

Thanks foxs!

I don't really think White Stone is a villain. He may not necessary approve of ZYH's as the Sect leader but he does support him and wants him to succeed. He just doesn't like YLC b/c she's not from the righteous sect and doesn't think she deserves to be ZYH's wife. He's an old man with old traditional values so I don't really blame him. I guess that's why Purple Sun didn't hand down the sect leader to any of the older Priests. Maybe he hoped that ZYH would be more open minded and one day bring Wudang to a higher level.

As for ZYH, I don't think there are any more negative adjectives left to describe him. Everyone knows how I feel about him and this chapter does not improve my impression on him one bit. I sorely missed the heroic YMK!

BTW - Happy Belated Chinese New Year to Everyone who are celebrating!
    Last edited by SkyWalker; 02-17-10 at 10:12 AM.

Yeah, I know the novel itself isn't that climatic and filled with fight scenes but at the same time it's in no way corny >.> This is one of the least romantic wuxias (protagonist wise) I've ever seen/read, it's like not even half of the romanticness in Jin Yong adaptions I've seen and his stories are pretty action packed. There's a lot of dialogue but it's mostly concerned with next villain/palace affairs. He's not exactly evil but in terms of separating the protagonists he is and causing harm to YLC I think he is. He pretty much schemed and lead to the detah of her stronghold and thik it's not enough.

@Fox: Yeah I agree with you, the way this story is written isn't perfect. I love the main protagonist more than any other wuxia character but the story is rather lacking. Liang Yusheng could have done a dozen things to improve it. By the way Thank you foxs for the translation! It makes me sad that I think we're nearing the tragic scene.

@Rati4u: I wish you found her first too T.T He doesn't even make up for it at the last moment. He should be down there stopping them.

@Everyone: Don't you think this chapter is hilarious. YLC is fighting for their future as a couple and ZYH is crying torn between sect and lover. Talk about switched gender roles.

@Skywalker: I know hey, Purple Sun was a powerful and respected man so clearly he couldn't be stupid and yet he hands the title of sect leader to ZYH. No one who reads this story I''ve notice likes ZYH or even feels sympathy towards him, he's beyond pity.

@Ken2004: Makes me wonder what Purple Sun was thinking. I agree, he is by far the weakest, even villains like Murong Chong are more respectable than him. The only people worse than him is Gongsun Lei and Old Freak Jin.

Default Chapter 26 – Part 6

Suddenly Yu Xincheng said, "Four Shishu are already old, and now they are fighting a powerful enemy. If anything should happen to them, how could our generation's disciples live with it? Zhang Men[4] Shixiong, what do you think we should do?" Zhuo Yihang acted as if he did not hear a word he said, he did not give him any reply.

Yu Xincheng laughed coldly and said, "Our Shishu are staking their lives in this battle, how can we, their disciples, only watch with folded arms?"

Each one of Yellow Leaf, Red Cloud, White Stone and Green Palm had a head disciple; they were known as the four senior disciples of the second generation. Yu Xincheng was the head disciple of Yellow Leaf, he was the leader of the four senior disciples. He called the other three head disciples, "Let us go out together. We'll form Wudang Sword Formation with four Shishu; we must not let this woman escape." Finished speaking, he turned toward Zhuo Yihang and raised his cupped fists and said, "Zhang Men Shixiong, we'll await your order, please go out first!"

Asked to lead his fellow disciples to join the battle, Zhuo Yihang was extremely grieved. He heard someone sneer behind him; when he turned his head to see, it was actually his fellow disciple Geng Shaonan. Zhuo Yihang saw the expression of scorn on Geng Shaonan's face. When their eyes met, Geng Shaonan ignored him and averted his eyes.

Geng Shaonan had once suffered humiliation by having his finger cut by Yu Luocha's sword, he hated Yu Luocha to the bone. Only because he realized his own skill was not as good as the four senior disciples of Wudang that he did not dare to go out to fight. But in his heart he was hatching up a plan, he wanted to provoke Zhuo Yihang to fight. Because Zhuo Yihang was reprimanded by his martial uncles, he was despised by his fellow disciples. It was something totally out of his anticipation. After two or three such incidents, he felt as if he was a small boat in the sea under attack of the wind and the waves, his spirit was shaken, his brain felt like it was about to burst. Truly it was more painful than receiving physical punishment. His mind started to shut down.

Fighting the Four Elders of Wudang, Yu Luocha already felt extremely strained, now that the four senior disciples joined the battle, she found it difficult to hold her ground. Although these four disciples' skills were comparably lower, they were not, by all means, ordinary people. Even more difficult to deal with was that these four people joined the previous four, they occupied the eight directions in a very tight sword formation, just like an impregnable bastion that even a fly would find it difficult to fly out from. Even if Yu Luocha's skills were higher, or her qinggong more amazing, she would still find it was difficult to resist.

By now the battle field was full of dancing swords, with Yu Luocha trapped in the middle, just like a small boat struggling alone in the storm and was suddenly drawn into a vortex, tossed about and shaken, completely powerless to fight. Her situation was extremely critical!

From dawn to about the seventh hour[5], Yu Luocha had been fighting for her life for more than a thousand stances. The siege of eight masters of Wudang was several times more formidable than the 'Seven Greats Formation' on Huashan's peak several years ago[6]. Yu Luocha's strength was depleted, her movements were not as agile as before.

Seeing their effort was showing a favorable result, the eight masters of Wudang tightened their encirclement. Their attacks were like the tide of the ocean, advancing and retreating continuously. Eight bright and shiny sharp swords crossing and intersecting each other on Yu Luocha's front, back, left and right; it seemed like Yu Luocha could be sliced into eight pieces any moment, without giving her any time to take a breather.

Zhuo Yihang was so scared that he could not bear to watch and turned his face the other way. Geng Shaonan laughed aloud. Pulling Zhuo Yihang's arm, he said, "Zhang Men Shixiong, look, look ... ! Yellow Leaf Shishu's sword is marvelous, White Stone Shishu's sword is not bad. Ah, too bad, too bad ... Green Palm Shishu's sword was definitely going to pierce her throat, but for some reason she managed to evade it. Hey, Xincheng Shixiong is not bad either, his sword almost slice off her knee. Ah! Ah! Good! She's hit! She's hit!"

Suddenly Zhuo Yihang heard Yu Luocha's scream, followed by another one. Quickly he opened his eyes, only to see Yu Luocha was on the verge of collapsing. Her footsteps were disorderly, like a mad tiger she charged to the left and dashed to the right, but was not able to escape. In the midst of flickering swords, Zhuo Yihang saw a red shadow swaying back and forth, like a splatter of rouge on the white snowy ground; he believed Yu Luocha was injured by the swords and blood seeped out of her clothes! Unconsciously Zhuo Yihang let out a loud cry and was nearly fainted.

Yu luocha's left arm was hit by Yellow Leaf's sword, her right wrist was slashed by the edge of White Stone's sword; she was about to collapse, but suddenly she heard Zhuo Yihang's miserable cry. She thought, "Turns out he still cares about me." With a renewed spirit, with strength that she did not know she still had, her sword soared and fluttered in the air, just like a torrential downpours, her body followed her sword, blended into a white light, and dashed straight toward Priest Yellow Leaf.

Still using the 'sticking' technique, 'bending along the crooked elongating along the stretching', Priest Yellow Leaf brandished his sword, thinking that he would send out all his strength to dissolve her wild incoming force. Who would have thought that Yu Luocha was too swift; before Priest Yellow Leaf's internal energy reached the tip of his sword, Yu Luocha's sword had already truncated his sword. Priest Yellow Leaf used his palm to push. In the wake of the wind from his palm, Yu Luocha flicked her wrist with a growing ferociousness. An arc of white light appeared, followed by loud metallic noise as Priest Red Cloud's sword was also cut by her sword.

Yu Luocha laughed wildly, 'Shua! Shua!' she launched two successive attacks. Priest White Stone was just launching the Star Across the Revolving Sky, with a backhand stab, the tip of Yu Luocha's sword, as quick as lightning, was moving straight toward his throat. Priest White Stone's heart turned cold. In this critical moment, he used the Iron Panel Bridge skill; left foot was firmed on the ground, right foot went up, waist bent backward all the way to the ground. 'Whoosh!' Yu Luocha's sword flitted above his face. Priest Green Palm pounced forward, turning the sword from his wrist, he blocked Yu Luocha's sword.

Right this instant, suddenly they heard Yu Luocha cry out miserably; they saw her eyes rolled until only the whites were visible, while her sword lost its momentum and slowed down. Priest Green Palm was baffled, but then he heard Yu Luocha cry out in grief, "Zhuo Yihang, it's you ... is this how you are treating me?"

What happened was that when Yu Luocha broke Yellow Leaf and Red Cloud's swords and almost killed White Stone, Geng Shaonan was screaming right next to Zhuo Yihang's ear, "Zhang Men Shixiong, you still don't want to quickly save Shishu? Just use a secret projectile! Shoot her, quick!" While shoving a crossbow into Zhuo Yihang's hand. Zhuo Yihang was already in a semi-conscious state, his spirit was crushed. As he heard Geng Shaonan's voice in his ear, it was as if he was being hypnotized; absent-mindedly he pulled the bow and 'whiz, whiz, whiz!' he launched three bullets. These three bullets were shaken and smashed by the sword wind in the battlefield; naturally the bullets would not reach Yu Luocha's body, but actually they had injured Yu Luocha's heart!

Having just escaped from a dangerous situation, Priest White Stone was still filled with murderous intent; seizing this opportunity, he pounced on Yu Luocha, holding his sword with the blade down like a dagger, to stab down like a tornado. Priest Green Palm also took advantage of this situation with sword across his chest; he slashed down slantingly toward the side of Yu Luocha's waist.

Right this moment from the side of the platform Zhuo Yihang was crying out in alarm. Yu Luocha vaguely heard him screaming, "What have I done, what have I done?" Followed by a 'thump!' Apparently Zhuo Yihang had tumbled down on the ground.

White Stone and Green Palm's swords arrived almost simultaneously. Yu Luocha held her sword across her chest, seemingly forget to make any move. The two men were greatly delighted, they were thinking of stabbing her acupoints to capture her alive, and then deal with her later based on the entire school's majority decision. The two of them were having identical thought, and wanted to seal the same acupoint, hence their movements were somewhat slowing down. The two swords were about to stab, obviously they had touched her clothes, suddenly Yu Luocha flicked her wrist, as fast as lightning her sword swept across. This move happened in a split second, like a jolt of thunder. On Yu Luocha's side, the power seemed to arise from her reservoir of energy, much like waves of flood arose suddenly and burst the dam. On White Stone and Green Palm's side, it felt like a bow had been strung, but it broke and not only the force bounced back, the opponent's force was being added to it.

-----------------------------------
    [4] Sect Leader.
    [5] Between 11 am - 1 pm.
    [6] See Chapter 4.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    I don't really think White Stone is a villain. He may not necessary approve of ZYH's as the Sect leader but he does support him and wants him to succeed. He just doesn't like YLC b/c she's not from the righteous sect and doesn't think she deserves to be ZYH's wife. He's an old man with old traditional values so I don't really blame him.
    Well, we can have a lengthy discussion/debate here. I remembered Guo Fu of ROCH. She was not the 'villain' per se, but just like White Stone, she had caused so much trouble to the protagonists that sometimes I think Jin Yong meant her to be the 'traitor', the one who stab from your back.

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004 View Post
    Actually, I really pity the character of ZYH to be written in such a weak character to glorify the character of LYS. He is weak emotionally and pysically compared to the rest of the male character.
    I agree that Liang Yusheng wrote ZYH in such a weak character, but up to this point of the story, I still don't understand what did YLC see in him that she fell so much in love with him. Liang Yusheng did not give us enough story. Again, I am comparing this story to Jin Yong's Trilogy (simply because I had a little bit of contribution there, so this is the story I am most familiar with), we know how Huang Rong fell in love with Guo Jing, we also know how Xiao Longnu fell in love with Yang Guo. Jin Yong also gave us enough information that I can understand why Zhao Min fell in love with Zhang Wuji. But Yu Luocha? It was a very short account in the cave on Huashan. Short meeting, short dialogues.

I still think ZYH did not love YLC as much as YLC loved him.

rati4u ... LOL, be careful of what you wish for ... you might get it.

Almost forget: Happy Chinese New Year to everybody too!

Ah Foxs, don't leave us hanging now! It's too exciting to end! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by foxs
    Well, we can have a lengthy discussion/debate here. I remembered Guo Fu of ROCH. She was not the 'villain' per se, but just like White Stone, she had caused so much trouble to the protagonists that sometimes I think Jin Yong meant her to be the 'traitor', the one who stab from your back.
    GF is just an idiot. I think the relationship btw YLC & ZYH failed not because of White Stone's interference but b/c ZYH is a weak and indecisive man. I firmly believe that they could have a better relationship if ZYH had been stronger and firmer in his decision on whether or not he wanted to be with YLC. Again, it came down to whether or not he really loved her and time and time again he proved that he didn't. He left her to die when her mountain was under attack and now he didn't even help her but unintentionally harmed her and broke her heart. He's a complete failure and that's why this relationship also failed.

Tragicomedy of YLC's relationship continues.

Thanks for the translation.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Thank you Foxs for another translation!

@Foxs: Yeah that's what I meant, it's not exactly action but by drama it is in no way romantic. I think Jin Yong is overated and I hate his types of characters but I have to agree he is an excellent writer who captures the audience's attention and excitement. The romance between his characters is BELIEVABLE. LYS YLC imo is the best character but JY has better writing techniques. I think the story's lackig, YLC doesn't even get like a godly sword/learn secret sword manual/techniques from a master.

@Skywalker: Agreed. GF is a ***** I spent most of the series wondering why Jin Yong kept her alive. She caused more harm to the protagonists than any of the villains. I also hated Huang Rong. (from ROCH) I remember TFL musing even if it weren't for interefernce their relationship probably wouldn't work out. And how the hell and can you shoot someone you love, I don't buy the semi conscious/unintentional thing. If you love them, their face alone prompts your half consciousness to stop. ZYH just wants everything, sect and YLC and so ends up with nothing. Man, imagine if ZYH was in a proper love triangle between 2 women. He's so pathetic.

I hope this is the scene that YLC leaves ZYH forever. If he attacks her twice I just can't take it. Man 4 elders against a young fighter, Wuang is so low. I hope YLC is alright, that last scene sounded fatal.

Shit Shit Shit......If ZYH was strong in his decisions, He would have prevented this...

When he already made his decision to follow her, it is like "in life or death together...", He should have fought along with her...he is manipulated completely. It seems he doesnt have his own will and wish

But actually in ZY novels, Wudang do not used to be so low...

All wuxia brothers....please wish I meet YLC ..I wont leave her like that.....
    Last edited by rati4u; 02-19-10 at 03:48 AM.

Default Chapter 26 – Part 7

One swept, the other blocked, loud metallic crashing was heard as White Stone and Green Palm's swords flew to the air. "Not good!" Priest Yellow Leaf cried out, he leaped for more than a zhang, striking Yu Luocha with his palm.

Priest Yellow Leaf was quick, Yu Luocha was even quicker; they all heard White Stone and Green Palm cry out in pain. In a flash the two men's arm joints were stabbed by the tip of Yu Luocha's sword. Yellow Leaf's palm missed, Yu Luocha brandished her sword while laughing wildly, like a whirlwind she broke out of the encirclement!

Among the Four Elders of Wudang, two men's swords were broken, the other two had been seriously injured. The four senior disciples did not dare to intercept; besides, even if they wanted to, Yu Luocha's sword wind was not easy to ward off. As soon as she was out of the encirclement, she jumped down the platform and dashed away. Although there were nearly a hundred Wudang Pai disciples, they were intimidated by her invincible might, and stepped out of her way. Priest Yellow Leaf dejectedly heaved a deep sigh, he looked helplessly as Yu Luocha ran away while laughing madly after creating such disturbance on Mount Wudang.

White Stone and Green Palm's acupoints were sealed by Yu Luocha's unique acupoint sealing technique, their joints were injured, and Priest Yellow Leaf was helpless to unseal it. He could only massage their blood vessels to relieve the pain, and instructed the four senior disciples to take them to the Cloud Hall to recuperate. Within twenty four hours, their sealed acupoints would open on their own.

Finished giving instructions, Priest Yellow Leaf swept his gaze around only to see all his disciples hanging their heads down dejectedly; he could not help but heave another deep sigh while throwing away his broken sword down the valley. Slowly he walked toward Zhuo Yihang, who was lying unconscious on the ground, with the crossbow still held tightly on his bosom.

Yellow Leaf said, “In critical moment you shot the bullets and help us win the fight, you are still our Wudang disciple.” Reaching down, he tapped his Crouching Rabbit acupoint to stimulate the blood circulation. Zhuo Yihang suddenly cried out and sprang up, still with the crossbow in his hand, 'whiz, whiz, whiz!' he shots several bullets randomly to all directions, while shouted, “Strike, strike! Who dares to go up Mount Wudang? Strike! Who dares to stop me? Strike! Who dares to mind someone else’s business? Strike! Ha, ha … you are extremely daring, you have offended my ancestor founder, strike!”

Priest Yellow Leaf scolded him, “Are you crazy?” Zhuo Yihang stared at him while still jumping and shouting. Yellow Leaf pounced on him with a palm to strike the crossbow down. Geng Shaonan also pounced on him and wrapped his arms around him. Zhuo Yihang suddenly turned around and launched a palm strike. ‘Slap!’ he struck Geng Shaonan’s face. It was such a powerful strike that Geng Shaonan cried out and spurted out a mouthful of blood, along with his two front teeth.

Yellow Leaf quickly stretched out his finger and sealed Zhuo Yihang’s consciousness acupoint. “Shaonan,” he said, “Your Zhang Men Shixiong is mad, did he injure you?”

Geng Shaonan held his red and swollen face in his hands, he said, “Not too bad, it’s only flesh wound.”

Yellow Leaf said, “Take him back, lock him up in the back room and guard him well.”

After half a day of commotion, the sky was darkened, it was nearly dusk. Because of the disturbance, there was no way they could hold the ceremony for the fifth anniversary of Priest Purple Sun’s death.

Back to Yu Luocha who was running down the valley. She was broken-hearted, angry, and filled with love and hate at the same time; her mouth was parched, her stomach starved. When she looked down, she saw her clothes were dyed red with her own blood. Hatefully Yu Luocha said, “Wait till I get a good night rest, I’ll be back to fight you all old ox-nosed Taoists again. I want to grab him and ask: actually, are you or are you not willing to go with me? You spoke so sincerely, so earnestly, could it be that everything was fake? Ha, ha … you hit me with the crossbow, you hit me! Luckily I am not dead.”

She was extremely bitter. Suddenly another thought came into her mind, “If he did not cry out, I would not have strength to continue fighting. Ah, Yihang, you have helped me escape a mortal danger, yet you also put me in the deathtrap. What were you thinking? Do you consider me as a loved one, or an enemy?”

Extreme love, extreme hatred; hate to the extreme is just another form of love to the extreme! Yu Luocha's mind was confused, her footsteps felt like she was floating. She had fought a fierce battle for half a day, successively breaking two swords; her exhaustion was unbearable. Dazed and with a blurry vision, she entered a valley and scooped some water from a mountain spring to rinse her wounds before applying some metal-cut medicine. Fortunately the wounds were not on vital joints. After the bleeding stopped, she ate some dry rations. Her eyelids closed, she could not endure the weariness and lied down dejectedly. With her feet soaked in the mountain spring, she fell fast asleep.

In her dream she saw Zhuo Yihang was walking toward her with a smile on his face. Yu Luocha reached out to poke his forehead. Zhuo Yihang said, "I didn't mean to hurt you, they compelled me!"

Yu Luocha said, "Are you an adult or a child? Don't you have a will of your own?"

"I am only a sheep," Zhuo Yihang said.

"Fine," Yu Luocha said, "You are a sheep, and I am the shepherd. I want to whip you!" Suddenly a leather whip appeared in her hand. Yu Luocha lashed the whip in the air, 'Shua, shua!' the whip cracked. Suddenly Zhuo Yihang disappeared and in front of her lay a sheep, its body was entirely scarlet, and its eyes were begging for mercy.

Yu Luocha's whip was about to lash down, she hurriedly drew it back and put out a hand to stroke the little lamb's horn. The lamb suddenly roared; it was not a lamb, but a fierce tiger. The fierce tiger bared its teeth and brandished its claw, and pounced on Yu Luocha, throwing her down with her back on the ground. The tiger opened its mouth and sank its teeth into Yu Luocha's throat.

Yu Luocha had the ability to subdue dragons and conquer tigers, however, for some unknown reason, this time her strength was completely gone. The tiger's white teeth gnawed on her throat. Yu Luocha screamed and struggled to get up. The sheep, the tiger, and Zhuo Yihang vanished into the thin air!

Yu Luocha opened her eyes and felt the red clouds dazzled her eyes. Turned out she had been asleep for the entire night; everything she saw a moment ago was just a nightmare.

Yu Luocha felt that her neck was wet and cold. She brought her hand to feel it; turned out the water of the mountain spring was rising and wet her neck. Moreover, she was tossing and turning in her sleep while using a protruding rock as a pillow, her throat bumped into the rock and in her dream she felt as if a tiger was gnawing on her throat.

Yu Luocha turned over and sat up, her wet hair draped over her shoulder; it was really uncomfortable. When she looked at her reflection on the water, she saw a strange looking woman with white hair looking back at her. Yu Luocha screamed in fear. This scene was ten thousand times more frightening than the vision of a tiger in her dream!

"Am I still dreaming?" Yu Luocha asked aloud. She brought her finger to her mouth and bit hard; her skin broke and her blood flowed, the pain went deep into her heart. It was definitely not a dream. Hastily she grabbed her own hair and brought it to her eyes. Upon careful inspection, she found that half of her jet-black fine hair was gone! Her hair had turned gray!

Yu Luocha sprang up and screamed, "This is not me, this is not me!"

The shadow on the water also sprang up, the water rippled against the edge, creating some noise, which made the shadow of the person on the water seemed to say, "I am you, I am you!"

It must be known that Yu Luocha was born with an exceptional countenance; her beauty was her most cherished treasure, who would have thought that in just one night she had turned from a young maiden into a white-haired, haggard looking old woman? The pain she felt right now was beyond description.

Yu Luocha threw herself on the ground; she tried to empty her mind and did not want to think about anything. But she still saw the bright clouds floating high overhead, the dawn sun shone on the ocean of clouds, reflecting the sunlight down into the valley. The red clouds were beautiful and glorious, dazzling her eyes. The wild flowers emitted their sweet fragrance, the birds in the forest sang their beautiful song, the breeze whistled through the pine trees, the mountain was teeming with life. Only Yu Luocha felt her heart had died.

Thanks foxs. That last part was really sad.

I like YLC but in the love area, she's just like ZYH, weak and indecisive. It seems like she's always making excuses for ZYH and can't seem to let go. For a strong decisive woman, she's really pathetic when it comes to love.

Yeah, as much as I love YLC it really infuriates me when I see YLC and love it pisses me off. Sometimes I hate LYS for doing this, being in love with suck a weak man doesn't make her seem more powerful, it makes her weak. Based of her personality a woman like her should have given up like 5 years ago. She doesn't even yell at ZYH or reprimand him, just accepts the crap and treatment he throws at her.

I feel sad she has tranformed and bleeding, how dare they? My heart goes out to her. But I'm rather glad she got injure this way. I thought she was going to forgive him again, endure another confrontation and get stabbed and insulted.

btw I never knew she cherished her looks. Yeah, last part was really sad. I liked how he didn't use pathetic fallacy and make rain/snow to describe her pain.
    Last edited by Fighting_Wind; 02-19-10 at 08:47 PM.

Default Chapter 26 – Part 8

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Wind View Post
    Sometimes I hate LYS for doing this, being in love with suck a weak man doesn't make her seem more powerful, it makes her weak.
    Thank you! That was exactly the point I wanted to make when Ken2004 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ken2004 View Post
    the character of ZYH to be written in such a weak character to glorify the character of LYS.
    You have made it more clear.

------------------------------------------
    The floating clouds looked like all kinds of imagery. In her daze Yu Luocha seemed to see Zhuo Yihang high above the cloud looking at her and smiling. Her ear seemed to hear his voice, "Lian Jiejie, your countenance will always look like a blooming flower and not a withered one." "A dream of a foolish man! Ever since the beginning of time, has there been any eternally young person? ... the next time you see me, I am afraid I will be a white-haired old granny!" "When your hair has turned white, I am going to find the panacea so you can restore your youthfulness." It was when Yu Luocha and Zhuo Yihang were telling each other their true feelings on the Bright Moon Gorge. Right now, what was meant to be a joke at that time had turned into a reality!

The cloud changed its shape, 'Zhuo Yihang' was no longer there. With a bitter smile Yu Luocha said, "Even if there were a panacea in the world, I will not see you again, ever!"

At first Yu Luocha was prepared that as soon as her strength was restored, she would go up Mount Wudang again to create havoc, to make Zhuo Yihang understand. Unexpectedly in just one night her life was changed greatly. Right now her heart was extremely sorrowful, even if Zhuo Yihang should come to her, she might went away to avoid him.

Yu luocha lied down for half of a day, her clothes had already dried, the mountain breeze brought a faint ringing of the monastery's bell. Yu luocha scoffed coldly, right that moment she made a decision. She spoke into the sky, "From now on there is no Yu luocha in the world anymore, I must go to the place where I belong." Without looking back, she flew down the mountain.

Back to Wudang Pai, which had suffered serious casualties from this battle. After twenty four hours, although White Stone and Green Palm's sealed acupoints had been opened, their joints, muscle and bones were still broken, so that they could not use swords. They had to use willow branches to set the broken bones and would need about half a year of treatment before they would be fully recovered.

Priest Yellow Leaf was very much afraid that Yu luocha would return, he was waiting with trepidation for several days, luckily nothing happened. Zhuo Yihang's madness also seemed to be improving significantly; he was no longer crazily shouting and screaming.

However, although Zhuo Yihang did not deliberately raise a clamor, his eyes did not show any sign of life, he looked like an idiot. Priest Yellow Leaf was extremely grieved, he strictly prohibited the other disciples from mentioning Yu luocha's name in front of him. Yellow Leaf devoted his energy to treat him. And so after three months of intensive care, Zhuo Yihang seemed to get his sanity back, but it was not often that he was willing to speak, as if he was treating his martial uncles and fellow disciples as total strangers.

Priest Yellow Leaf set up guards to stay outside Zhuo Yihang's room around the clock, the security was really strict. Yellow Leaf was afraid Zhuo Yihang would commit suicide, oftentimes he would peek from the window at night, but everyday he would see Zhuo Yihang was cultivating his internal energy with his eyes closed, nothing seemed to be out of ordinary. Finally Priest Yellow Leaf felt relieved; he thought, "He still has the motivation to cultivate his skill, he won't commit suicide."

There had been talk among the disciples about electing another Sect Leader, but Yellow Leaf never gave his consent. In reality, he could not find another talented person to take over the responsibility among Wudang's second generation disciples. Besides, Zhuo Yihang's rapid progress in internal energy cultivation was obvious to everybody.

One day, an unexpected visitor had come up Mount Wudang, it was Murong Chong. After he was fully recovered, Murong Chong left Beijing. In his heart he was still thinking about the kindness Tie Feilong and Yu luocha had shown to him, thereupon when he wandered around Mount Wudang, he remembered Zhuo Yihang was a good friend of Yu luocha. But he also knew that Priest White Stone had always opposed their marriage. He mused, "Wudang Pai and Yu luocha become enemies, I share part of the blame. Back then Priest White Stone and I joined hands to crush Yu luocha's Bright Moon Gorge Stronghold, and thus deepening the enmity between the two parties. Presently Yu luocha and I have turned from enemies to friends, so I should mediate this matter as well." And thus he went up Mount Wudang and asked to see Priest White Stone.

Priest White Stone was still recovering from his injuries, he was still staying at the Cloud Hall thereupon it was inconvenient for him to receive any visitor. Consequently, Murong Chong asked to see the Sect Leader Disciple, Zhuo Yihang.

Seeing the visiting card, Priest Yellow Leaf remembered that Murong Chong and Wudang Pai had had some relationships in the past, thereupon he received the guest on behalf of Priest White Stone. When Murong Chong met with Priest Yellow Leaf, each one expressed their admiration to each other with sincerity.

Priest Red Cloud also came out to greet the visitor. He asked, "How could Murong Zong Guan[7] have the leisure to enjoy visiting our desolate mountain? Right now the world is in turmoil, would Ten-thousand Year[8] allow Zong Guan to leave the Capital without worrying?"

Murong Chong laughed and said, "Right now I am no longer an officer; that's why I am carefree. I no longer fight for fame and fortune."

Red Cloud was startled, but he felt it was inappropriate to ask the details. Yellow Leaf laughed and said, "Very good, very good! Living like a wild crane flying over the clouds is much better than being a high-ranking official!"

After exchanging some pleasantries, Murong Chong asked to see Zhuo Yihang. Yellow Leaf said, "He is not feeling very well."

"What kind of illness?" Murong Chong asked.

Priest Yellow Leaf was not accustomed to lying; with embarrassment he said, "He is not really sick per se."

Murong Chong looked displeased. He said, "I consider Zhuo Xiong as a friend, I have come from thousands li and only ask to see him once."

Yellow Leaf and Red Cloud could not answer. Murong Chong continued, "Your honorable sect is the Taishan and the Big Dipper[9] of the Wulin world, of course you would not consider me, Murong Chong, worthy to see your Sect Leader." Murong Chong had repeatedly made a name for himself in the Wulin world. According to Wulin custom, if a famous hero wanted to see a Sect Leader but was not allowed, it could be considered an insult.

Yellow Leaf hastily said, "Mr. Murong misunderstood, let me get Yihang to come out."

A moment later, Zhuo Yihang, accompanied by Yu Xincheng and Geng Shaonan, walked into the guest hall. Murong Chong saw that Zhuo Yihang's footsteps were firm and steady, his complexion was ruddy; he greeted with a laugh, "Zhuo Xiong, how are you?"

Zhuo Yihang did not know that Murong Chong was no longer Yu luocha's enemy; with eyes wide open he said, "Very well, thank you! What do you want?"

Murong Chong replied, "First, I want to pay my respects to you. Second, I want to inquire from you Yu luocha's whereabouts."

As soon as he uttered those words, everybody in the hall was startled. "I don't know!" Zhuo Yihang said loudly.

"Zhuo Xiong misunderstood," Murong Chong said, "Xiao Di[10] is not seeking revenge, but rather, seek to pay a debt of gratitude. Honestly, she is such a sincere and straightforward, kind and upright, amazing woman!"

Zhuo Yihang was taken aback, and then he cried bitterly. Murong Chong said, "Zhuo Xiong is also a man of feeling, the two of you love each other deeply, you should be joined in marriage[11]. Brother Priest Yellow Leaf, forgive me for taking the liberty, but I want to be the matchmaker. Ha, ha ...!"

Yellow Leaf's countenance changed greatly, with a loud voice he said, "Don't mention that lascivious demoness! Yihang, go back to your room! Xincheng, Shaonan, take him back!"

Murong Chong was a proud man, in all his life, he only yielded to Tie Feilong and Yu luocha. Hearing that, he shouted, "Priest Yellow Leaf, it is still alright to insult me, you also dare to slander my benefactor too?"

'Whoosh!' he sent out a fist, which Yellow Leaf parried with a sweep of his arm. Both of them had a profound internal strength, but Murong Chong was comparatively stronger. As two arms collided, 'Bang!' Priest Yellow Leaf was shaken and thrown back over a zhang away, while Murong Chong also staggered three steps backwards.

------------------------------------------
    [7] Reminder: 'zong guan' means 'chief manager'.
    [8] Meaning: the Emperor.
    [9] 'As weighty as Mt. Tai, as brilliant as the Big Dipper'. Meaning: the ultimate.
    [10] Lit. 'little younger brother' - referring to self. In this case he was holding Zhuo Yihang in a high regard.
    [11] Orig. 'mandarin duck pair or companion'.
    Last edited by foxs; 02-21-10 at 09:27 AM.

Thank you foxs for aother translation! I liked the part where Murong Chong was complimenting LNC, it must have sent a stab through ZYH. Man wth Wudang towards women is really low imo I've only heard wench and lascivious from their mouths. But I wonder, if her hair didn't turn white would she have returned to him after he almost killed her?

But Man, talk about era problems. If this happened now, esp in Japan white would look cool on a young asian. Plus hairdye could easily solve this. And woot! Wudang is getting owned two times over. I wonder where LNC is coming, I hope she meets KPT and TFL at least once more. I don't want her to live the rest of her life secluded.