Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the White Haired Maiden

Seven Swords of Mount Shian (out of memory, can't be bothered for spelling) is another. It's the last of the trilogy beginning with LOWD, it follows YMK's disciples' disciples. (second generation). =D Following LYS' trademark I think the main character is a female.

@Foxs: 4 guests reading this plus me right now, you are more appreciated than you think =) .

I googled the seven swordsmen and Xin Longzi was listed as one of the 7 swordsmen. Maybe ZYH will take XLZ to YKM later b/c he doesn't have the time to teach him?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    I googled the seven swordsmen and Xin Longzi was listed as one of the 7 swordsmen. Maybe ZYH will take XLZ to YKM later b/c he doesn't have the time to teach him?
    ZYH must imporve in martial arts... eather he will take YMK as his new master or he will find some other source of skill... he must discover his heroic air befor he can take his wife.
    Ali Derhamy

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    ZYH must imporve in martial arts... eather he will take YMK as his new master or he will find some other source of skill... he must discover his heroic air befor he can take his wife.
    No matter how much ZYH improves his martial arts, he will always lag behind the two masters of Tian Shan. And really, I can't see ZYH as a hero. He broke YLC's heart, abandoned Wu Dang when they needed him most, and to top it off, he's not even assisting his country fighting off the Manchu. Really, what's so heroic about running around looking for a stupid flower? I just don't get him.

No matter how much ZYH improves his martial arts, he will always lag behind the two masters of Tian Shan. And really, I can't see ZYH as a hero. He broke YLC's heart, abandoned Wu Dang when they needed him most, and to top it off, he's not even assisting his country fighting off the Manchu. Really, what's so heroic about running around looking for a stupid flower? I just don't get him.

ok...
    number 1 - He has abandoned his waist fo time wudang... who are useless wana be martial artists.
    number 2 - He thinks the great dead that YLC wants from him is the flowers... he will later learn she ment helping others and not living selfishly. which will include helping his country and when he discovers this he will commit himself to this journy.
    number 3 - after about 5-10-20 years of serving others YLC will forgive him and they will be reunited as a happy couple. this is where i see the novel going.

basicly ZHC needs to grow up and shed his rich boy thinking. become a hero in order to be worthy of YLC
    Ali Derhamy

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    ok...
    number 1 - He has abandoned his waist fo time wudang... who are useless wana be martial artists.
    Wudang may not be what it was when Purple Priest was alive, but they're definitely not martial artists wannabe. There's no need to disrespect the sect because you're rooting for ZYH.

number 2 - He thinks the great dead that YLC wants from him is the flowers... he will later learn she ment helping others and not living selfishly. which will include helping his country and when he discovers this he will commit himself to this journy.
    If ZYH is a true man, he will know what a man needs to do. If he truly desires to assist others and defend his country, he doesn't need YLC to tell him. If he only does these things to make YLC happy, then he's not a true hero.

number 3 - after about 5-10-20 years of serving others YLC will forgive him and they will be reunited as a happy couple. this is where i see the novel going.
    A lot of us readers don't fully understand why YLC is so deeply in love with YZH. He displayed one moment of kindness that was destined to destroy a great woman. There's no doubt that YLC still cares about ZYH but I don't see her forgiving him and living with him. That moment had already past. There will only be regrets on both part. He's trying his hardest to redeem himself but she's too prideful to forgive and forget. So, unlike you, I don't think there will be a happy ending for these two.

basicly ZHC needs to grow up and shed his rich boy thinking. become a hero in order to be worthy of YLC
    All of us have been saying this since the beginning and we've all been waiting for him to become that worthy person but after 38 chapters into the story, he hasn't changed much. I don't think the next 4 chapters will show us a more heroic ZYH.

Not to mention he is extremely fickle, could not decide between Wu Dang and YLC to the point he made her wait years and would have made her wait more years. He has also never done anything for her really other than giving her a jacket. He looked down on her and did not appreciate her, even worse he does not understand her. And worst off her left her to die when the strong hold was being burnt, could not even look at her when Shan Hu died and she needed comfort. When she was fighting Wu Dang he did not join in to help her or even stop, he shot her and would have killed her if she was a less powerful woman. Also he does not like to confront the problem and would rather go around searching for a flower than confront YLC and plead for her forgiveness day and day out. And the reason I think he wants the flower is that he can not bear the idea of her as an ugly old woman with chicken skin. (thanks to the mask)

@aliderhamy: Welcome , I haven't seen you here before. But yeah, the way LYS is going we are certainly seeing improvement in ZYH which could make differences and make him become a deserving man in future. However I can't forget how he's treated her, it's only like last 3 chapters of the whole novel so personally I resent his character. So yeah, no biggies. But yeah, I agree with you on the Wu Dang thingy. I think they trying way too hard to hold onto a reputation that is long gone. I have no sympathy for them, a lot of people don't like Wu Dang in general I think whether they are rooting for ZYH or not. And I wish YLC could have a happy ending but just the way this story is written makes it too hard for me to accept one. I hope you don't think we're attacking you, it's just differences in thinking
    Last edited by Fighting_Wind; 04-14-10 at 09:26 AM.

Default Chapter 29 - Part 4

I am so sorry, guys, I was so busy yesterday that I completely forgot to post. I will post the next part tomorrow. I have just finished the last part of this chapter and sending it to Eliza, so at least we'll have another week of regular updates.
    ---------------------------------------

"That's right," Xin Longzi replied, "How do you know?"

Zhuo Yihang's delight was unspeakable. "Are they as big as rice bowls?" he hastily asked again.

With a chuckle Xin Longzi said, "It's only as big as a plum blossom, the petals are still tightly closed."

"Can you take me to see it today?" Zhuo Yihang asked.

Xin Longzi happily said, "Shifu, turns out you also like to play."

Xin Wu felt strange, he asked his son, "When did you see it? Why didn't you tell me?"

Xin Longzi said, "A couple of days ago I went up to hunt eagle's eggs, and I found them among the flowering shrubs. Those two flowers have not bloomed, why would I tell you?"

"Silly kid," Xin Wu said, "I am afraid these two flowers are the fabled flowers of the prairie ..."

"The Superior Dark Clouds Immortal Flower?" Zhuo Yihang interrupted.

Xin Wu was surprised, "Benefactor, you know about this Superior Dark Clouds Immortal Flower?" he asked.

Zhuo Yihang said, "I am here precisely to find the flowers!"

Xin Wu said frankly, "Benefactor, you have saved us, you are also willing to teach this child martial art, we will never be able to repay you, let us guard these two flowers for you. Listening to Longzi, perhaps these flowers won't bloom for a very long time! Benefactor, please eat something, then we'll go up to look."

Without thinking Zhuo Yihang ate a little bit of cake with fried game meat, and then went up the mountain with Xin Wu, father and son. This particular mountain was covered with ice and snow. Although it was already late spring, the wind was still bone-chilling. Zhuo Yihang was running behind Xin Longzi. The farther they went, the more he was puzzled; ordinarily, the higher one goes up the mountain, the colder the weather will be, however, the higher they climbed this peak, it was just the opposite, by the waist of the mountain, the air was very cold, but as they reached the top, the air felt nice and warm!

Xin Wu said with a laugh, “This mountain is called Muztagata (or Muztagh Ata). Uighur people call ice 'mu shi', and call mountain 'ta ge', hence 'mu shi ta ge'[9] means 'ice mountain'. The entire mountain is covered with ice and snow, it is very cold. Only this peak is as warm as the autumn."

"And why is that?" Zhuo Yihang wondered.

Xin Wu said, "It is said that thousands of years ago, there was a volcanic crater on this peak; it shot flames all year long. Later, the volcano died out, the crater turned into a lake; however, the surrounding area still emits steam, as a result, the air is warm."

Actually, there were quite a number of 'dead volcanoes' from the ancient times scattered over the desert, similar to the former volcano around the Turpan City area, which was very famous. The volcano on the 'mu shi ta ke' can be considered small in comparison to the others.

"In that case," Zhuo Yihang said with a laugh, "This is actually the best place to live as a hermit."

Picking up their pace, a short moment later they were climbing to the top of the mountain. Suddenly they saw brightness in front of their eyes, the entire peak was covered with lush green meadow, with a clear spring flowing down from the peak, forming a small lake underneath. There were also springs bubbling up in the lake, with flower petals and floating ice chunks scattered over the surface. Mass of flowers like an ocean filled the banks of the lake.

Pointing at a flowering shrub Xin Longzi said, "Shifu, that pair of immortal flowers is over there."

Zhuo Yihang pushed aside the dense vegetation and squeezed himself toward the cluster of flowers. Suddenly a strange fragrance assaulted his nostrils, it smelled so good that he felt that his spirit was revived. Upon careful inspection, he saw a pair of flower buds, as big as his thumb. The red one was like the color of rouge, the white one looked like a white jade, both were tightly wrapped by their own petals. Zhuo Yihang was delighted first, and then sorrow filled his heart. He was delighted because finally he found the Superior Dark Clouds Immortal Flower, he was sad because he did not know when would the flowers bloom?

After looking at the flowers for a while, Zhuo Yihang beckoned Xin Wu to come over. Xin Wu also took a look and then he asked, "Benefactor, why do you want these two immortal flowers?"

"A friend of mind is not yet old, yet her hair has turned white," Zhuo Yihang replied, "I want these two flowers so that I can help her to restore her youth." His voice and countenance were filled with emotion.

Xin Wu was silent for half a day, he thought, "By the time these flowers bloom, I am afraid my son's hair will also turn white."

According to the legend, the Superior Dark Clouds Immortal Flower only blooms once every sixty years. When it blooms, it grows as big as a rice bowl, as brilliant as the rosy cloud. Before it reaches ten years of age, the flower was barely as big as a thumb, after ten years, it will gradually grow bigger.

Zhuo Yihang only knew the legend say that there was such an immortal flower, but he knew nothing about how to differentiate the age of the flower. He repeatedly asked, "When do you think this flower will bloom? Is there any other legend concerning this immortal flower in your prairie folklore?"

Seeing how anxious he was, Xin Wu could not bear to tell him the truth; he only said, "Nobody has seen this Superior Dark Clouds Immortal Flower, I don't know when it is going to bloom. Perhaps five, perhaps ten years, or perhaps twenty years, who knows for certain?" Actually, he knew it would be closer to fifty years, but Xin Wu deliberately toned it down.

Zhuo Yihang knitted his eyebrows tightly without saying anything. Xin Wu said, “Benefactor, please set your heart at ease, we, father and son, will watch over these two immortal flowers for you. When I die, there is still Longzi. One of us will know if the immortal flowers bloom.”

“Might as well,” Zhuo Yihang said with a mournful laugh, “Watching over the flower to bloom, it does not matter how long one lives as long as one understands one’s cherished desire.”

Xin Wu slowly walked away from the flowering bush, suddenly he remembered something. “I am only afraid that that evil monk will come back to harass us, then even if we, father and son, want to watch over the immortal flowers, we won’t be able to.”

Zhuo Yihang thought for a while then he slowly said, “Actually, I don’t want to meddle in the matter of your people, various tribes of the prairie. But since that evil monk is so vile, I’d better fight him again.”

“Benefactor,” Xin Wu said, “Are you going to give him some trouble? Tian Long Pai is rather influential around here, especially that evil monk, he is our Chief’s trusted man. Benefactor must be very careful.”

But Xin Longzi clapped his hands and shouted, “Great! Shifu is going to beat him; it would be even better if he is driven away from our prairie.”

Zhuo Yihang smiled and said, “Longzi, you must remember this: those who learn martial art must exhort good and fight evil. I wish to drive him away from the prairie, but I do not wish to beat him up.” After a short pause he said to Xin Wu, “I have been wandering the north and south of Tianshan for several years. I more or less understand the affair of various tribes of the prairie. Among the various tribes, Kazakh, Kadar and Luobu, three tribes are the richest and most powerful. Especially Luobu’s Chief, Tang Nu, whose fame spread out far and wide, earning the respect of the people. Although Kadar’s Chief Meng Sasi is extremely competent, he is a brutal man, and has a lofty ambition. Others are afraid of him, but nobody respects him. Your Chief is actually not bad, it’s a pity that he is easily swindled by that evil monk and some unworthy subordinates, therefore, the way he handles business in the recent years is both good and bad, half and half. Is my assessment correct?”

“Benefactor has said it well,” Xin Wu said.

Zhuo Yihang continued, “Therefore, I am going to see your Chief and tell him about how that evil monk is oppressing the people. I am going to ask your Chief to drive him out.”

Xin Wu pondered about it for half a day, and then he said, “This is indeed good, however I am afraid it might not work as well as we hoped. When Benefactor leaves, it is best if you see our Chief’s assistant first, his name is Balong. This man is loyal and devoted to our Chief, he is also very good to our people. I heard he is not in good terms with that evil monk too. If you discuss it with him first, things will go a lot smoother.”

“Very well,” Zhuo Yihang said, “Let me teach Longzi some basic skill of our school for a little bit, then I’ll leave.”

---------------------------------------
    [9]This is the pinyin spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Wind View Post
    @Foxs: 4 guests reading this plus me right now, you are more appreciated than you think =) .
    LOL! Just now I can see that you and Skywalker are both online. Don't worry, Fighting_Wind, I am quite happy with you guys keeping me company.

I don't know about Seven Swords, since I haven't read it (heck, right now I am reading as I am translating, so I have no clue how this novel will end). Perhaps if there is enough interest, we'll take Seven Swords as our next project?

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    I don't know about Seven Swords, since I haven't read it (heck, right now I am reading as I am translating, so I have no clue how this novel will end). Perhaps if there is enough interest, we'll take Seven Swords as our next project?
    Thanks for the update foxs!

As for Seven Swords for your next project, I'm in!!!

Default ummmm

umm i get the feeling that finding these flowers was to easy... and that there is an evil and dark undertone associated witht them.
    Ali Derhamy

Default Chapter 29 - Part 5

We'll see Skywalker, we'll see ... I don't want to make any promise, not just yet.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Xin Longzi grew up on the icy camelback peak, he had been chasing birds and beasts since he was little, helping his father hunting, developing agility as well as maintaining a strong and healthy body. On top of that, he was born with an extraordinary strength, therefore, learning martial art was very easy for him. Zhuo Yihang taught him some basic skill, he also passed on to him a set of Nine-Palace Divine Way palm technique. He stayed on the camelback peak for three months. After seeing that Xin Longzi had comprehended the preliminary foundation, he instructed him to practice on his own before he left the camelback peak, heading north toward the prairie bordering the area where various tribes lived.

One day, Zhuo Yihang was just crossing over a pass on the Muztagata. Just beyond this mountain was the Beijiang’s[10] lush and vast natural breeding ground. Although the Muztagata Mountain is not as tall as the Tianshan’s main peak, it is surrounded by peaks of Tianshan mountain range, just like a heavy door to a house, making it very arduous to pass through. Because this mountain is the passage between the north and the south, there was a narrow and winding path along the waist of the mountain opened by the people living in that area, yet because there were not many people walking along this path, weeds, thistles and thorns grew all over the place.

Pushing the tall grass aside to open the way, Zhuo Yihang saw ahead of him was a pair of peaks opposite each other, overlooking a deep valley below. The mountain path meandered down like a long serpent snaking through in between the twin peaks. Looking at the path, it seemed like only one person or one rider can pass through. "This is truly a dangerous place where one man can stop an army of ten thousand from passing through," Zhuo Yihang mused.

While he was walking, suddenly Zhuo Yihang heard the sound of horse bell ahead of him. The horse seemed to be galloping on such a rugged mountain path which was an absolutely impossible thing to do unless if the rider's equestrian skill was very exquisite. Zhuo Yihang's curiosity was piqued; he raised his head to scan the horizon, and saw in the distance that two horses, one in front of the other, were coming toward his direction. As the horses were just passing the path between the twin peaks, suddenly there was a whistle, followed by the twanging noise of the bowstrings. The horses neighed mournfully, the riders tumbled down and fell from the horseback straight to the bottomless canyon below!

Zhuo Yihang was stunned, he assumed it was a band of bandits robbing a passerby. The horses were hit by the arrows, the riders falling down, it was too late for him to help; Zhuo Yihang was very angry. Suddenly he saw the two riders were somersaulting midair; surprisingly, before reaching the ground, each of them managed to grab an arrow and use the arrow to strike down the arrows raining down on them, while with the tip of their feet they pushed the cliff wall and unexpectedly they were able to jump back up. Meanwhile, from the among the underbrush and pile of rocks scattered around the place, a dozen or more men suddenly appeared; some drew their bows to shoot more arrows, the rest of them brandished their swords and sabers, immediately the riders were surrounded.

These men were dressed in Luobo tribal attire, all of them looked unusually strong and sturdy. Surprisingly, they were able to move freely on the edge of the dangerous cliff among the scattered rocks. Listening to the whizzing arrows, their strength was not weak either.

Zhuo Yihang shouted harshly, "In the middle of a clear day, in the vast and mighty universe, wicked thieves dare to commit atrocity!" Unsheathing his sword, he charged forward.

Suddenly he saw the two riders leaped up like giant eagles sweeping in the air, followed by blood-curling scream as they struck two of the Luobu men down into the canyon below!

The two riders broke through the encirclement and promptly ran away, while the Luobu men pursued them vigorously. The leader of these men had three plumes stuck on top of his head, he was able to dash on the mountain path as if it was a flat land. He pulled his bow and 'whiz! whiz! whiz!' he shot several arrows in succession. The two riders pulled the sabers from their waist to knock the arrows down, consequently, their steps were somewhat slowed down, it seemed like the Luobu men would overtake them very soon.

Zhuo Yihang called out, "Hold on just a moment longer, I am coming to help you!" Displaying his excellent qinggong, he flew down from the waist of the mountain. He saw that the Luobu leader had already caught up with the two riders and swiftly chopped down his saber, while the other Luobu men were also arriving one after another.

The two riders suddenly turned around and shouted, "Drop down!" One of the riders charged toward the Luobo man with arms spread out to hug him, and took him down. Like two giant balls the two men rolled down the hill. The other rider took this opportunity to run away.

By this time Zhuo Yihang had come near, as he looked, he felt that the rider's face seemed familiar. The rider called out, "Zhuo Gongzi, help me!" This man was unexpectedly the former chief of the Imperial Bodyguards, Shi Hao!

This recognition had taken Zhuo Yihang by surprise, he remembered Tie Feilong told him how one evening Shi Hao brought a Manchurian emissary to kidnap Yuan Chonghuan; apparently Shi Hao had some connections with the Manchus. Presumably because Ke and Wei had fallen, he had run away beyond the Great Wall.

When Shi Hao called, Zhuo Yihang was unconsciously startled. The first thing that came to his mind was: 'I thought it was bandits ambushing and robbing some riders, looks like it is not necessarily so. What should I do now?'

He heard Shi Hao call out, "Help me temporarily hold the pursuing soldiers, let me rescue that brother." Because of this shouting, he was delayed and the Luobu men had arrived, followed by rain of arrows everywhere!

Zhuo Yihang was compelled to use his sword to defend himself, to his surprise, however, Shi Hao dodged and ran away, while waving his arm, shooting secret projectiles toward the Luobu man who was struggling with his companion on the hillside. Listening to the wind of the secret projectiles, they sounded like some kind of caltrop-shaped projectiles, and a series of projectiles were shot in quick succession.

“Shi Hao, hold the fight!” Zhuo Yihang called out. Reaching out, he caught three arrows shot by the Luobu men, and flung them toward Shi Hao, knocking the last several secret projectiles shot by him; however, the first several projectiles had already arrived at the Luobu leader’s body.

The Luobu men roared in anger. When some of them were fighting with Zhuo Yihang and the rest of them were trying to save their leader, Shi Hao took the opportunity to escape. The Luobu men could not catch him, so they all turned their attention to attack Zhuo Yihang!

“Please calm down!” Zhuo Yihang called out, “I am not with him!”

Of course the Luobu men did not believe him; they attacked and cursed him, “You hide people in the prairie to stir up trouble, you are the Manchurian’s spy, and now you injured our Chief. If we cannot cut you off into ten thousand pieces, we cannot be considered heroes of the Luobu people!”

Zhuo Yihang was groaning inwardly, he did not expect that the man injured by Shi Hao’s secret projectiles was the most prestigious Chief of the Luobu people, Hero Tang Nu! Unleashing his excellent qinggong, Zhuo Yihang dodged to the east and ducked to the west, while keeping his eyes on the situation around him. He saw Shi Hao’s companion was riding on Tang Nu’s body, chopping his saber down. With all his might Tang Nu was holding his wrist, desperately struggling for his life.

The Luobu warriors were rushing forward to help, but before they came near, the man suddenly shouted, “You take another step forward and I’ll cut your Chief’s head!” Although hatred filled the Luobu warriors’ hearts, they were scared by his threat fearing their Chief would be harmed, so they did not dare to move forward!

Seeing this critical situation, Zhuo Yihang suddenly shook his sword. A burst of metallic noise was heard as the sabers and swords of several Luobu warriors close to him were cut in halves. They cried out in alarm and were forced to drawback. Zhuo Yihang seized this opportunity to break through the encirclement and rushed straight toward Tang Nu. The several Luobu warriors near Tang Nu rushed forward to meet the enemy, but Zhuo Yihang was as swift as a flying arrow, his shadow flitted, weaving through the surrounding warriors, very soon he was already out.

Thinking that he was a friend, Shi Hao’s companion delightedly called out, “No need to come over, I am not injured. Just help me open the way, we’ll make a breakout.”

---------------------------------------------------
    [10]North of Xinjiang.

Thanks for the update foxs.

ZYH is going to save the Chief and gain his favor. It seems like his qingong has improved much. Wonder how he'll compare to YLC & YMK. I still think he can't compete with those two.

Thank you foxs for the update!!! XD You really did it this time, I leave for one day and I get TWO updates. Many thanks

ZYH's martial arts have advanced pretty far, pretty impressive. He is definitely a character who wasn't fleshed out in the progression of the story and it's only now he's developing. But man, I miss YLC being in the lead =.= She is the title character for a reason? right? right?

Default Chapter 29 - Part 6

Without saying anything Zhuo Yihang flicked his fingers to shoot his secret projectiles, plum blossom needles. The man had not finished shouting when a shot of pain attacked his wrist, his saber fell down. With renewed strength Tang Nu struggled free; with a loud shout he flipped over, and the situation was reversed, in a short time he was now riding on that man’s body.

The man who rode with Shi Hao was called Ketu, a Kadar, sent as an emissary of the Manchus. His martial art skill was not weak. Although he was knocked down by surprise, he was still able to give a tenacious resistance. Besides, since Tang Nu was hit by Shi Hao’s poisonous caltrops, the poison was starting to flare out; as soon as he exerted his strength, suddenly his vision blurred and he lost consciousness. Ketu parried Tang Nu’s strike with a horizontal sweep of his left arm, while with the fingers of his right hand spread out like a claw he struck Tang Nu’s throat.

Zhuo Yihang shot another needle; just like before, the timing and accuracy was exact, it hit the acupoint on the side of Ketu’s body, rendering him immobile; his fingers were still forming a claw, but he could not move it a single inch!

Zhuo Yihang’s acupoint sealing with the flying needle was exceptionally fast, the Luobu warriors did not even realize that Ketu had been knocked down thanks to Zhuo Yihang; they still stormed toward him with blades and spears lifted high. Lying on the ground, Tang Nu struggled to sit up, with a hissing voice he called out, “This is our benefactor!”

The Luobu warriors were stunned, someone was shouting, “He fought us and helped the Manchu spies escape; how can he be our benefactor?”

Actually, Tang Nu was not sure about Zhuo Yihang’s intentions either; he said, “You have helped me, I will not give you any trouble; but please enlighten me: you saved me, but let the Manchu spies go, what are your intentions?”

Zhuo Yihang was feeling sorry; suddenly from his hundred-treasure pouch he took out a bottle the color of lamb fat or a white jade, and poured a little bit of medicinal powder out onto a large leaf about the size of a human hand.

“What are you doing?” the Luobu warriors shouted.

Zhuo Yihang said, “Your Prince is hit by poisonous caltrops, take this medicine, some for external application, some to be taken orally, 24 hours later he will recover completely.”

The Luobu warriors still did not believe Zhuo Yihang, they did not dare to accept it. Tang Nu said, “Give it to me! If he really wants to harm me, why should he wait longer?” Tang Nu was extremely straightforward, he dismissed his subordinates’ doubt just by those words. Seeing how Tang Nu trusted him, Zhuo Yihang felt very appreciative.

Tang Nu took the medicine and sighed, “Too bad I’ll have to wait for 24 hours, I cannot go to pursue that Manchu spy!” And then he turned to Zhuo Yihang and asked again, “You saved my life, but you let my enemy go, actually, what is the reason?”

Zhuo Yihang looked at the shadow to estimate the time of the day; with a loud and clear voice he said, “I will catch that spy for you! Leave some men here to wait, I should be back here before nightfall.”

As soon as he said those words, the Luobu warriors’ expression showed their doubts; they all had seen Shi Hao’s ability, after this long, he should have been more than ten li away, how could Zhuo Yihang catch up with him? Zhuo Yihang did not want to waste more time by explaining, he simply took his heels and ran, only to hear Tang Nu call out, “If you catch the spy, don’t bother to come back, just hand him over to Balong. Balong is at the outermost mouth of the double mountain pass.”

Zhuo Yihang's heart was moved, he thought, "It appears they have organized ambush at strategic places inside and outside the mountain to capture the spy. Since I am just about to see Balong, I can use Shi Hao as a meeting gift then I can kill two birds with one stone." Thereupon he unleashed his qinggong to its full potential and flew to pursue the spy.

Although Muztagata is part of Tianshan mountain range, it stretches for more than a hundred li. For generations the mountain dwellers had been traveling over the mountain and thus creating the mountain path, the result was a meandering and circuitous path, unbroken for hundreds of li. Zhuo Yihang's martial art skill had enjoyed a tremendous progress in the past several years, plus he was accustomed to traveling along the mountain path, he thought that although Shi Hao's qinggong might be good, it could not be better than his own. At any rate, he estimated that he would be able to overtake Shi Hao before they were out of Muztagata.

After pursuing for about two hours, Shi Hao's back was faintly visible. Zhuo Yihang called out, "Shi Hao, it's me! Wait for me, let us travel together."

Shi Hao ignored him completely, he kept running forward. Zhuo Yihang mused, "Looks like he already has a guilty conscience. Tang Nu said that he is a Manchurian spy, and apparently he is right. Humph, you don't want to wait for me, do you think I cannot overtake you?" Picking up speed, he ran even faster.

After two mountain passes, he managed to close the gap. Shi Hao suddenly let out a long whistle and stopped. Turning around, he said with a laugh, "Zhuo Yihang, why do you pursue me?"

Zhuo Yihang was confident that Shi Hao was like a bird in the cage or a fish in the net, so he might as well simply talk frankly, no need to be polite with him. With a cold laugh he said, "Why do I pursue you? You should know."

Shi Hao roared in laughter, he shrugged his shoulders and spread out his palms while saying with a laugh, "I am not the worm in your stomach, how can I know?"

"Who was your companion?" Zhuo Yihang asked.

"Zhuo Gongzi," Shi Hao was still laughing, "Why do you mind other people's business?"

With a serious face Zhuo Yihang said, "This time I have to mind. Tell me, isn't your companion a Manchurian envoy?"

"What if he is?" Shi Hao said with a cold laugh.

Zhuo Yihang's anger rose up, he said, "Do you want to fight me? Or will you follow me nicely?"

Shi Hao burst out in laughter, "Zhuo Gongzi," he said, "You don't want a nice position as the Sect Leader, yet you come to this barren land beyond the Great Wall, arbitrarily meddling other people's business. Ha, ha ... too bad you have come too late, this other people's business is no longer yours to mind!"

Before Shi Hao even finished speaking, Zhuo Yihang heard someone calling out, "Shi Dage, who is this kid? What other people's business he wants to mind?" Followed by a voice of foreign monk blabbering some swear words and cursing. From a valley came out two men, one was wearing a Kazakh warrior attire, the other was a Toutuo[11] wearing oversized red Buddhist robe.

Shi Hao said, "This kid's background may not be insignificant, he is the Sect Leader of Wudang Pai!"

The Toutuo rolled his eyes, he cast a glance toward Zhuo Yihang and then with thickly accented Chinese he said, "Ha ha, Sect Leader of Wudang Pai, are you? I have long heard about Wudang Pai's martial art; it is said to be number one in the Central Plains. I[12] want to have a contest with you."

"Zhuo Gongzi," Shi Hao said, "Considering your part in covering for me just now, I don't want to kill you. Just leave and return to the mainland, go back to Mount Wudang; this is not the place for an upright, virtuous master like yourself!"

Zhuo Yihang scolded, "Rebellious thieves, everybody has the right to punish you. No need to talk too much, the three of you can come together!"

Having reinforcement nearby, Shi Hao's confidence grew; slowly, word by word he said, "Zhuo Gongzi, do you really want to fight? At least we ought to know each other first; let me introduce them to you. This is the head disciple of Tian Long Shangren[13], Master[14] Leimeng. Tian Long Pai's power and influence beyond the Great Wall is similar to your Wudang Pai's in the Central Plains. This is their territory and not yours; you should understand it clearly. This gentleman is a famous Kazakh warrior, Hachuan. How long have you been in this area? Haven't you heard about his reputation?"

Shi Hao was fully aware that Wudang Pai's martial art was formidable, thereupon he used words to provoke Zhuo Yihang. But for the last several years not only his martial art skill advanced, Zhuo Yihang's temperament was also growing more stable and a lot calmer than before; how could he fall into his trick? While listening to Shi Hao, he also focused his attention to observe the enemy. And sure enough, while they were speaking, Master Leimeng suddenly launched a sneak attack.

Waving his hand, he shot the Rolling Blade Ring, a unique secret projectile belonging to the Red Sect of Lamaism. The ring radius was no more than five cun[15], but there were twelve blades embedded on the inside. Approaching the enemy, all twelve blades could shoot out together. Zhuo Yihang heard the whooshing noise the secret projectile generated as it split the air toward him, swiftly he leaped up, unleashing the One Crane Soars to the Heavens qinggong. Pulling his sword, he charged straight to meet the incoming projectile head-on. Flicking his sword lightly, he sent the Rolling Blade Ring four, five zhang into the air. The twelve blades inside the ring shot out and fell into the valley below like dead meteorites.

-------------------------------------------
    [11]A Buddhist monk who did not shave his head.

[12]He used 'an' to refer to himself, a northern dialect way of saying 'I'. Southerners would say 'wo'.

[13]Reminder: Shangren (lit. above/upper person) is a term of respect to address a Buddhist monk.

[14]Orig. 'fa shi'. See note 10 of Chapter 28.

[15]Approximately 5 inches or 12.5cm.

We already saw ZYH's qingong. Now we'll see his display of martial arts. Looks pretty impressive so far. Let's see if he can hold his grounds. I'm hoping to see YLC appear.

It seems to be everytime ZYH display his martial arts, there is always setback that bring him down like the enemy outnumber him or certain of his stroke seems powerful but will not able to defeat his opponent throughly like YLS AND YMK. None of his opponents think highly of him.

Default so sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004 View Post
    It seems to be everytime ZYH display his martial arts, there is always setback that bring him down like the enemy outnumber him or certain of his stroke seems powerful but will not able to defeat his opponent throughly like YLS AND YMK. None of his opponents think highly of him.
    to true to true.
    Ali Derhamy

Default Chapter 29 - Part 7

In his defense, though, Zhuo Yihang spent most of his time looking for Yu Luocha, and then later on, the flowers, as opposed to Yue Mingke and Yu Luocha who constantly trained themselves. He (ZYH) improved considerably when he had nothing else to do (during his time on Wudang), before the fateful battle.
    --------------------------------------------

Master Leimeng bellowed in anger, brandishing his staff he swept forward. Zhuo Yihang mused, "Even your Shishu is not my match, you dare to be wild in my presence?" He did not know that although Master Leimeng was Tiande Shangren's martial nephew, he was after all the head disciple of the Tian Long Pai's founder. Tian Long Shangren's martial art skill was a lot higher than his younger martial brothers, therefore, Master Leimeng's skill level was about the same as his martial uncles. Because Zhuo Yihang underestimated the enemy, his sword was knocked by Master Leimeng's staff that it almost flew out of his hand.

Master Leimeng laughed aloud and said, "Your reputation surpassed the reality. Wudang's Sect Leader is only so-so!" The laughter had not vanished, Zhuo Yihang's sword had already arrived, exceedingly swift and fierce.

Master Leimeng warded it off with a horizontal sweep of his staff. Zhuo Yihang unleashed his swordsmanship, to the left he launched Peacock Picks its Plume, to the right he launched Li Guang Shoots the Rock, 'swish! swish!' he cut the belt on Master Leimeng's Buddhist robe. "What about Wudang Pai's sword technique?" he asked.

Master Leimeng was shocked and was unable to make any sound. Zhuo Yihang moved his sword like a storm, pressing forward bit by bit. Master Leimeng was frustrated, twice had his Buddhist robe opened up, obstructing the movements of his hands and feet, hence he was flustered by Zhuo Yihang's relentless attack!

Originally Shi Hao thought that although it would be difficult for Master Leimeng to score victory, he would not be easily defeated either; but seeing the battle situation, he was greatly shocked and drew his saber to join the fight. Zhuo Yihang hated Shi Hao to the bone; after feigning an attack to Leimeng, the tip of his sword turned around and went straight toward Shi Hao.

During his employment under Wei Zhongxian, Shi Hao was inferior only to Murong Chong, Lian Chenghu, Li Tianyang and Ying Xiuyang, four men; so in terms of fame he was the fifth. Naturally his martial art skill was not weak. But after parrying several stances, he did not make any progress. Leimeng brandished his staff to counterattack, now with two against one, they managed to level up the fight.

Seeing how swift and fierce Zhuo Yihang 's swordsmanship was, the Kazakh warrior Hachuan also jumped into the battle ground. His weapon was a single-footed human-shaped copper mace, with which he instantly used the move Taishan Pressing Down the Apex, crashing down on Zhuo Yihang's head.

Seeing this demonstration of brute force, Zhuo Yihang did not dare to take the attack head-on; he flashed sideway to evade instead. Thinking that a man with such a brute force usually had a weak qinggong, as soon as he dodged, Zhuo Yihang moved his sword diagonally down to attack the lower part of his opponent's body. Who would have thought that Hachuan's martial art skill was a unique school of its own. His qinggong was definitely mediocre, but he was adept at 'wrestling'. As soon as Zhuo Yihang came near, suddenly he stretched out his leg to trip him. Zhuo Yihang's body was tilted forward, his sword lost its momentum.

Hachuan let out a sinister laugh, the single-footed human-shaped copper mace struck Zhuo Yihang's chest. Luckily in this critical situation Zhuo Yihang did not panic, his move changed extremely quickly; seeing the violent incoming force of the copper mace, he knew he did not have enough time to dodge, so while his body was still leaning forward, he suddenly flicked his wrist slightly. Hachuan was still sending his strength, suddenly he felt a jolt on his wrist, the copper mace hung limply down. Zhuo Yihang spun on his heel, turning out while 'shua! shua!' he simultaneously parried Shi Hao and Leimeng's weapons.

Hachuan was reckoned to be first or second best warrior of the Kazakh people, his wrestling skill dominated the area beyond the Great Wall. This time he tripped Zhuo Yihang, yet not only he failed, he also suffered a significant defeat; it was indeed beyond his expectation. Presently he did not dare to underestimate the enemy. Pulling himself together, he joined the fight of three against one.

Failing to stab Hachuan, Zhuo Yihang was also startled. Originally he wanted to strike the enemy one by one to break through the encirclement, his first target was Hachuan, because presumably he was the one with the weakest footwork, on the contrary, because of Hachuan's unique wrestling skill, he did not dare to get too close to him. As for Shi Hao and Leimeng, these two men's martial art skill was only a notch below Zhuo Yihang's, he could not stab them within three stances and two styles. Therefore, to strike them one by one and break through their encirclement was definitely very difficult.

The fierce battle continued for more than a hundred moves, Zhuo Yihang gradually fell into a disadvantageous position. Leimeng shouted, "Since you are a Sect Leader, surrender your sword to Buddha, you can then escape with your life."

Shi Hao hastily said, "Releasing a tiger is easy, capturing a tiger is difficult, how can we let him go easily?" 'Whoosh! Whoosh!' he brandished his saber to intensify his attack. Shi Hao knew Wudang Pai people would unite to deal with outsiders, he also knew that Zhuo Yihang would never let him go; therefore, now that they have become enemies, he had all the intention to kill Zhuo Yihang to shut his mouth.

Zhuo Yihang was a disciple of a prestigious school, an upright Sect Leader, naturally he had an air of arrogance within him. When Leimeng ordered him to surrender his sword, his heart and lungs exploded with anger. Hearing Shi Hao's comment, his anger shot to the highest heavens. With a loud voice he shouted, "With a 'non-self' like you, how can Ol' Zhuo ask to be spared today? Watch the sword!" Suddenly his sword technique changed; now he launched the several stances from Damo Sword Style based on his own comprehension, its swiftness and fierceness were unprecedented.

Seeing his sword-play suddenly became a lot fiercer, Shi Hao and the others could not help but be alarmed. Each of them used their weapons in a tight defensive move. If Zhuo Yihang had used this opportunity to break out and run, those three would not dare to pursue. However, since he was overcome with anger, seeing his sword-play was performing as he expected, he attacked again and again.

A moment later, Shi Hao was able to see that Zhuo Yihang's most fearsome and most difficult to resist was only a few stances. With a loud laughter he said, "Zhuo Yihang, you have exhausted your kicking-donkey skills, this place will be your burial ground!" Brandishing his saber, together with Leimeng and Hachuan they pressed in and counterattacked from three directions!

The battle intensified, Zhuo Yihang used the Damo Sword Style interspersed within the Wudang's 72-style Sequential Life-snatching Sword Technique. He was barely able to defend himself with these several stances of Damo Sword Style. But his stamina was gradually decreasing, another hundred moves of battle, his breathing became labored, his heart pounded like crazy, and his body was drenched in perspiration.

Shi Hao was greatly delighted, he attacked even more vigorously. Taking the opportunity when Zhuo Yihang was warding off Hachuan's human-shaped copper mace, his saber chopped down fiercely onto Zhuo Yihang's wrist.

As Zhuo Yihang was breathing between life and death, when his life was flashing in front of his eyes, suddenly a long laughter came from the mountain peak. Shi Hao's heart was shaken and his hand trembled; his saber was about to chop, unexpectedly it skewed to one side.

In great delight Zhuo Yihang called out, "Lian Jiejie!"

Seeing Shi Hao's countenance suddenly turn ash grey, Leimeng and Hachuan were astonished greatly. "What are you afraid of?" they asked almost simultaneously.

Zhuo Yihang called out again, "Lian Jiejie!"

With a lewd laughter Leimeng said, "Is your Jiejie going to help you in battle? Looking at your appearance, your Jiejie's appearance must be not too bad!" Before he even finished speaking, his words turned into a miserable scream as he tumbled backwards.

Hachuan urgently brandished his human-shaped copper mace to help. Zhuo Yihang thrust his sword straight toward the vital Soul Gate acupoint on the left side of his body. Hachuan thought Shi Hao was still on his left, so he did not try to parry, and was stabbed by Zhuo Yihang's sword; he fell down instantly!

Several times Shi Hao almost lost his life under Yu Luocha's hands; right now, hearing her laughter, he was like a mouse meeting a cat, he ran away in panic. However, his limbs had already turned soft, the more he wanted to run fast, the slower he was. In just three leaps and two steps Zhuo Yihang was able to overtake him. Raising his sword, Zhuo Yihang stabbed him and he fell down to the ground.

Zhuo Yihang paid no more attention to Shi Hao, anxiously he rushed to the mountain peak and called out, "Lian Jiejie, please come out to see me!" Powdered snow was blown away by the wind on the peak, but not even a shadow was to be seen. Zhuo Yihang called out again, "Lian Jiejie, I have found the immortal flower on the Camelback Peak of Mount Muztagata for you, please come down!" His voice was carried by the mountain breeze, it echoed across the peaks and valleys, still nobody responded.

Zhuo Yihang was extremely disappointed, he plopped down on a rock dejectedly. "She is willing to rescue me from danger, why isn't she willing to see me? Ah, she comes and goes without a trace, perhaps these past several years she was often by my side without me knowing it."

Delight, despair, wistfulness, bitterness; all kinds of feelings were flooding his heart! Zhuo Yihang gazed on the white clouds above, he gazed on the faraway mountain top, his mind went blank as if he was drunk!
    Last edited by foxs; 04-19-10 at 10:38 AM.

As expected, ZYH needed YLC to help him defeat these 3 men. In terms of marital arts, he's still miles behind her.