Thread: quick questions about dgsd

Default quick questions about dgsd

i juss started to watch dgsd and im about midway there (when xiao feng is about to find out who big head brother is and when madame ma gets hurt by ah zhu's sister) and i hav sum quick questions...

1) is the sweeper monk the guy that wants the 6 sword thing from duan yu and the guy that keep beating murong fu?

2)does xiao feng know duan yu is related to ah zhu?

3)how powerful is duan yu?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    1) is the sweeper monk the guy that wants the 6 sword thing from duan yu and the guy that keep beating murong fu?
    No,

No,

He had higher internal energy than Xiao Feng, but no combat skill.
    It's like a millionaire who has a lot of money but doesn't know how to use it to enjoy life.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

i juss started to watch dgsd and im about midway there (when xiao feng is about to find out who big head brother is and when madame ma gets hurt by ah zhu's sister) and i hav sum quick questions...
    Which version are you watching? I'm watching TVB's 1981 adaptation and I've just reached the part where Mo Yung F'uk makes his official debut by bailing out the Beggar's Union against Hsi Hsia's 1 Bun Tong special operations force.

No, you're thinking about Kau Mor Tze, the Imperial Monk of the Tubo (Turfan) Kingdom. Kau Mor Tze's martial arts are about on par with Kiu Fung's. The Janitor Monk, who hasn't shown up yet, is much more powerful than Kau Mor Tze.

No. Apparently, neither Kiu Fung nor Ah Chu knew that Deun Yu was the son of Deun Jing Tsun (although Kiu Fung did learn this much later).

Much like PJ said, Deun Yu has greater inner power than the likes of Kiu Fung and Kau Mor Tze, but no real fighting skills to speak of. My analogy would be that he's a guy with one of the hottest racing cars on the planet, but no driving skills.

[QUOTE=Ken Cheng]Which version are you watching? I'm watching TVB's 1981 adaptation and I've just reached the part where Mo Yung F'uk makes his official debut by bailing out the Beggar's Union against Hsi Hsia's 1 Bun Tong special operations force.
    [QUOTE]

thx for the help pj and ken. im watching the 1996 version by tvb. i think felix wong is xiao feng, benny chan is duan yu.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

duan yu is basicaly like juan quanbo in end of ROCH and beginning of pre-HSDS.. he has great internal energy but knows close to none MA..

[QUOTE=LuNaR][QUOTE=Ken Cheng]Which version are you watching? I'm watching TVB's 1981 adaptation and I've just reached the part where Mo Yung F'uk makes his official debut by bailing out the Beggar's Union against Hsi Hsia's 1 Bun Tong special operations force.

thx for the help pj and ken. im watching the 1996 version by tvb. i think felix wong is xiao feng, benny chan is duan yu.
    Ahh, the version where JMZ wears sandles.
    Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    And then the massacre, where the meeting of killing XF, became the gathering of being killed by XF.
    Beautifully put.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

DY learned a great deal about combat towards the end of DGSD. he got a crash course in duan family martial arts from his uncle after he became emperor. with his inner power level, he didn't have to take a long time to become a bad@$$ 'great'.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    He had higher internal energy than Xiao Feng, but no combat skill.
    It's like a millionaire who has a lot of money but doesn't know how to use it to enjoy life.
    ZZz, for someone, together with XZ, who is able to rush through the whole Khitan army to abduct the Khitan emperor, DY is way under-rated in combat ability.

Han SOlo
    Last edited by Han Solo; 03-06-07 at 10:12 AM. Reason: corrected over-rated for under-rated. :p
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    ZZz, for someone, together with XZ, who is able to rush through the whole Khitan army to abduct the Khitan emperor, DY is way over-rated in combat ability.

Han SOlo
    Do you mean over-rated or under-rated. In my opinion, your sentences seem to contradict each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    ZZz, for someone, together with XZ, who is able to rush through the whole Khitan army to abduct the Khitan emperor, DY is way under-rated in combat ability.

Han SOlo
    Rushing through an army is not exactly a combat skills. We know that <<Treading Waves Lightness Steps>> is sufficient to perform high-speed movements.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Rushing through an army is not exactly a combat skills. We know that <<Treading Waves Lightness Steps>> is sufficient to perform high-speed movements.
    Being able to dodge and evade the weapons of a great big mass of elite soldiers out to stab you should count as a combat skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Humplewumps
    Being able to dodge and evade the weapons of a great big mass of elite soldiers out to stab you should count as a combat skill.
    Maybe I should have said "it's not much of a combat skill." Because in one instance in HSDS, Wei Yixiao demonstrated that his lightness kung fu is nearly useless from a combat perspective because he was not able to land any hits on a group of opponents. The novel said that IF he could land precise hits, then the opponents would have been screwed, but that could never happen at his martial arts level. The major difference between someone like Duan Yu/Wei Yixiao and the mighty Dongfang Bubai is simply that Dongfang can move AND strike, whereas the other 2 can only move.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

actually DY's LBWW is capable of hitting opponents while moving, it's just he did not know any proper palm skills then and his 6MDS requires his qi, so he wasn't able to use his qi swords and faststeps at the same time till he gained more mastery over his qi flow. in the scroll when DY learned LBWW, it told him to take the opponents life by using LBWW to avoid the opponents attack and counterattack. if he had learned some XYP palm skills and sword skills or the missing manuals from the library, it would have matched with LBWW aand he could have easily hit his opponents to death, e.g. DFBB style.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

how does ling bo wei bu compare to ancient tombs qinggong ? Xiaolongnus qinggong was probably the best in the trilogy. shes so fast that her opponents can barely see her moving. ill say shes probably as fast as dongfangbubai