Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actresses' Images

Unhappy Actresses' Images

So...I thought maybe we could kinda "catalogue" actresses' images.
    They seem to all fall under one of 3 categories:
    1) Cute (think most Taiwanese actresses)
    2) Neutral (ex. Shu Chang)
    3) Hot/Sexy (ex. Liu Yi Fei, Zhou Xun, Zhang Zi Yi, the list goes on....)

Does anyone notice that actresses' images keep going from cute/neutral-->sexy/hot??? Its kinda annoying....here's some examples:
    -Eva Huang Sheng Yi
    -Sun Fei Fei
    -Liu Yi Fei
    -Vicki Zhao Wei
    ...............................the list goes on.

What do YOU think?

EDIT: Since I don't seem to be being clear (again ), I'll state this clearly....THE EXAMPLES OF ACTRESSES WITH THE 3 TYPES OF IMAGES I HAVE PROVIDED IS NOT MY OPINION OF THEIR IMAGE. It is simply their intended image. So yes, that means that I DO NOT think LYF is hot. Eeew.
    Last edited by redfirefly124; 03-05-07 at 10:22 PM.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Are you mad? Liu Yi Fei, Zhou Xun, Zhang Zi Yi on the "Hot/Sexy" list? That's overstated!

When I think of "hot and sexy" actresses, many American actresses come to mind, but no Asian actresses come close to being hot or sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    Are you mad? Liu Yi Fei, Zhou Xun, Zhang Zi Yi on the "Hot/Sexy" list? That's overstated!

When I think of "hot and sexy" actresses, many American actresses come to mind, but no Asian actresses come close to being hot or sexy.
    But they are compared to other Asian actresses. I'm not saying they look good with that image though.......

Wait you aren't saying Liu Yi Fei, Zhou Xun, and Zhang Zi Yi are hot/sexy are you? Tell me you're kidding.

Because I'm not bisexual like Angelina Jolie, I really don't see actresses from the hot/sexy POV, so I might not be the best person to ask. I do know, however, for a fact that LYF is NOT hot/sexy. That's more or less with actors - Guo Pinchao for Asian, Jude Law for non-Asian.

Asian actresses are better-looking than Hollywood ones, but their acting skills are generally worse. In Hollywood Helen Mirren and Forest Whitaker can win awards, in China it's all about being skinny and young.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Wait you aren't saying Liu Yi Fei, Zhou Xun, and Zhang Zi Yi are hot/sexy are you? Tell me you're kidding.
    Hahaha Sparky....after seeing recent pics of LYF I'm just FREAKED OUT. This is the image they're trying to achieve that I'm talking about....NOT my opinion of them. My opinion of them is FAR from that. Hope that clears things up. Because I refuse to be know as the Crazy-Person-Who-Thinks-LYF, ZX, ZYY-Are Hot.

i think there's at least a fourth "innocent/pure" category.

No one carries an innocent/pure/cute image for their entire lives. Either 1) they get old and wrinkly and the "cute" factor doesn't work anymore, or 2) they go towards the sexy route with a sudden change, or 3) they don't sell themselves right away, but slowly edge towards mature (*cough* sexy *cough*).

Zhou Xun is really more "mature" than sexy. Her figure's too skinny to be considered sexy.
    She did start off cute though, but she hasn't aged that well--well I suppose okay, but her age is starting to show.

Zhang Zi Yi, I don't know why people don't think she could be considered 'sexy'. I'm a girl, so I won't comment, but I know a lot of guys have the hots for her, and she is pretty and has a good figure.

I think Vicki did a bit of the 'sexy' thing, and now she's pretty much stopped with it, and instead gone for the "casual/clumsy" look, given what she's been wearing to award shows/etc.

Fan Bing Bing is definitely targeting herself for sexy, and for the most part, it's been working.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    So...I thought maybe we could kinda "catalogue" actresses' images.
    They seem to all fall under one of 3 categories:
    1) Cute (think most Taiwanese actresses)
    2) Neutral (ex. Shu Chang)
    3) Hot/Sexy (ex. Liu Yi Fei, Zhou Xun, Zhang Zi Yi, the list goes on....)

Does anyone notice that actresses' images keep going from cute/neutral-->sexy/hot??? Its kinda annoying....here's some examples:
    -Eva Huang Sheng Yi
    -Sun Fei Fei
    -Liu Yi Fei
    -Vicki Zhao Wei
    ...............................the list goes on.

What do YOU think?
    Liu Yi Fei sexy....... you have got to be kidding

You guys, I think you're missing the original poster's point. He/she is trying to categorize these actresses based on the image THEY are TRYING to portray, NOT whether YOU think they deem to be fit into the image the ACTRESSES want the audience to see them as.

sexy hot: Chen Zi Han, FBB, Kristy Cheung, HSY, LYF, ZZY, Gong Li, there are kind of too many to list...

cute: taiwanese actresses most of which have zero talent, Twins etc, in fact, most lower profile chinese celebs. Once they get high profile, they seem to turn to sexy/hot

elegant: SFF, GYY

I think Vicki stopped the sexy/hot look.

hot:bernice liu
    cute:shirley yeung

lyf sexy... LOL ok sure she tried but... NO
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

There are many types of beauty and not many actresses can be simply categorised into the three you've provided, redfirefly. Those three are simply too narrow.

LYF isn't hot or sexy either.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

imo, sexy asian actresses are the likes of Jeon ji hyun, kim so yeon, etc...
    cute: there r 2 types in my view: a. trying to be cute (vivian Hsu, cyndi wang and the likes)b. simply cute (angela zhang, ady, ariel lin n the likes)
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

when someone says hot, i think of big or a little more than average breast butt girls, not big thighs like fei fei, lol.

my hot girls are: gigi, alysa when she did her bra comercial, kathy chow, michelle reis... oh yeah and the girl that is cousin to vicki, what her name?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    There are many types of beauty and not many actresses can be simply categorised into the three you've provided, redfirefly. Those three are simply too narrow.

LYF isn't hot or sexy either.
    That's cuz LYF belongs in her own category: BUTT OOGLIE

Here's proof!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6598/lyfwithnomakeupol8.png')

/me PUKES!

We can throw Charmaine Sheh in there too.
    Last edited by resident:alien; 03-05-07 at 11:27 PM.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

LYF is not hot and sexy unless make-up and REALLY tries lol
    To the most i'll agree with innocent/pure or cute.. but that's all lol

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    lyf sexy... LOL ok sure she tried but... NO
    Exactly........that's why she's in that section.........she's TRYING for that look. Unfortunately for her, its not working. She should go back to the innocent/pure look. Oh, and thnx to everyone who contributed more sections.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Zhou Xun is really more "mature" than sexy. Her figure's too skinny to be considered sexy.
    She did start off cute though, but she hasn't aged that well--well I suppose okay, but her age is starting to show.
    I think Zhou Xun's aged better than most actresses. When I see her with ZZY, I think of them as similar age or even ZX as the younger one, although ZZY is younger in real life. Zhao Wei's aged pretty badly though...pity. I don't think Zhou Xun is that attractive physically compared to her acting abilities, but I'm slightly biased since we are reportedly the same height and weight

Hey resident:alien that pic is AWFUL...thank God it wasn't posed, but if she looks like that without any makeup/touching up, then I don't think I'd look twice at her on the street.

Generally the ones that would be considered by males to be "hot/sexy" have posed in...err...revealing clothing. Like Chen Zihan, Alyssa Chia kind of but she's more cute...oh yes, Shu Qi that no one likes! Shu Qi is meant to have a hot image, not that I'll comment positively on it.

I think of GYY more as natural beauty than elegant. SFF is definitely more elegant. As for Eva, I'd say none of the above, but she looks more attractive in recent, touched-up pics so I might reconsider.

Someone mentioned what Vicki's been wearing to awards ceremonies - no offense, but you could dress a little nicer to an award than jeans. The dress she wore for MTV awards was nice though...the best she's looked in a long time.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

I think of GYY more as natural beauty than elegant. SFF is definitely more elegant. As for Eva, I'd say none of the above, but she looks more attractive in recent, touched-up pics so I might reconsider.
    no way, she's definitely in the sexy/hot category.

I think Zhou Xun's aged better than most actresses. When I see her with ZZY, I think of them as similar age or even ZX as the younger one, although ZZY is younger in real life. Zhao Wei's aged pretty badly though...pity. I don't think Zhou Xun is that attractive physically compared to her acting abilities, but I'm slightly biased since we are reportedly the same height and weight

Hey resident:alien that pic is AWFUL...thank God it wasn't posed, but if she looks like that without any makeup/touching up, then I don't think I'd look twice at her on the street.

Generally the ones that would be considered by males to be "hot/sexy" have posed in...err...revealing clothing. Like Chen Zihan, Alyssa Chia kind of but she's more cute...oh yes, Shu Qi that no one likes! Shu Qi is meant to have a hot image, not that I'll comment positively on it.

Someone mentioned what Vicki's been wearing to awards ceremonies - no offense, but you could dress a little nicer to an award than jeans. The dress she wore for MTV awards was nice though...the best she's looked in a long time.
    can u please define wat elegant mean lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!