View Poll Results: Who is the worst actress?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charmaine Sheh

35 37.23%
  • Sonija Kwok

27 28.72%
  • Gigi Lai

8 8.51%
  • Liu yi fei

47 50.00%
  • Mandy Cho

22 23.40%
  • Vicky Zhao Wei

12 12.77%
  • Lelia Tong

12 12.77%
  • Myolie Wu

14 14.89%
  • Tavia Leung

13 13.83%
  • Linda Chung

23 24.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who is the Worst Actress?

And 1 more thing I think Gigi Lai shouldn't be on this list either. Her acting is great. I've seen her several series. Love her. And she's cute too...

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    Gee...Chill down NetDriftr. Her acting is pretty great at least she succeed in roch so far I've seen. So u think her name should be on the "Worst Actress" list???? For that??? And being pretty?? Surely she's pretty no doubt.
    she is not pretty, click on the 3 links in my signature
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    i saw her in twins of brothers (or something like that)..
    she was so dull and robotic - she put me to sleep!!

that role was kind of suppose to be robotic.. well lesS spunky than li qian.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar

that role was kind of suppose to be robotic.. well lesS spunky than li qian.
    lol! the only time that an actress is justified to act like a robot is when the role is a Cyber Borg. Otherwise, "robotic" acting is equivalent to poor acting! I have to agree with NetDriftr on this one as I've seen TOB and found Tavia's acting wooden and bland. She's credited as the female lead and actually has a meaty role as a heroine who sacrificed love for the sake of her family and country. However, Tavia failed miserably in expressing the irony, heartache and pain that her character’s supposed to endure throughout the series. I’m only commenting on this particular portrayal as I’ve not seen any of her other works. I doubt that I will be soon as I’ve pretty much given up TVB and all of its crappy series in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    lol! the only time that an actress is justified to act like a robot is when the role is a Cyber Borg. Otherwise, "robotic" acting is equivalent to poor acting! I have to agree with NetDriftr on this one as I've seen TOB and found Tavia's acting wooden and bland. She's credited as the female lead and actually has a meaty role as a heroine who sacrificed love for the sake of her family and country. However, Tavia failed miserably in expressing the irony, heartache and pain that her character’s supposed to endure throughout the series. I’m only commenting on this particular portrayal as I’ve not seen any of her other works. I doubt that I will be soon as I’ve pretty much given up TVB and all of its crappy series in recent years.
    TVB got tons of good series :P heres a few recent 1s :maiden vow, glittering day, brink of law, devil's desciple

and for tavia in TOB, i didnt find her as bad as robotic, but she definitely was below average especially w/ her crying.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    And 1 more thing I think Gigi Lai shouldn't be on this list either. Her acting is great. I've seen her several series. Love her. And she's cute too...
    she was the first person in my mind though i didnt put her first coz i forgot for a second, and I forgot to vote for her but She breathes quite loud in her series and i think that she isnt that good wwhen it comes to crying. But of course, thats only my opinion.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR

uh..... ......LuNaR I'm and NetDriftr are talking about carmen lee tho not lyf in your signa. I was talking about carmen succeed in roch95 not roch06...

And well....you're right tho about lyf(as seen from 3 pixs in your sign) she is not pretty.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    personally i dont think you do LYF (tho darknight &Net were talking about carman in that post that you replied) justice by saying she's not pretty. i am no lover, but i am no hater to the point of putting the links to her bad photos in my sig too....

theres no single actress who doesnt have at least one bad photo taken. LYF is pretty by standards, but she is NOT exceptionally beautiful like those worshippers of hers claim that she is. the sexy look that she's trying to capture doesnt work too, which most likely contribute to the quality of her photos (and by quality i dont mean pixels, camera angle, the camera used to take pictures or as such).

i personally think her beauty is no less than that of the other actresses. she's pretty in her own unique way(how else she got all those ppl calling her Goddes and as such?).....those producers didnt sign her up for no good reason, even if she cant act at least she could be a vase or an eye-candy For me, she's just okay......by looks she doesnt really stand out much....but she's not ugly either....

who-ho, and she's still leading the pack!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-08-07 at 01:43 PM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Really? I happen to like her acting in that one. The scene where she poured her out crying when her husband died, you hear her ( if u hear the original version) yell out in pain. Also, the shock she had when Raymond lam said that even Yuk CHi ( Li Qian) was better than she was....a face that only charmaine would look constipated in

Tavia plays other role too, geeky, spunky, innocent. However, I think that she is typed casted.. so she is in rather bland roles.

I disagree that she can't cry. I think she can cry. Her eyes turns red, nose, and her voice shakes when she tries to talk. ( see her in Food for life in the shower scene where she was crying)

u're so bias!! why isn't GYY and YM in the list?? i'd say they're pretty bad actresses (given their recent acting role choices)
    Acting and roles are different. U can be given a fantastic role but if u dont have the skills, you wont be able to make use of the role to showcase your acting simply because the latter is non-existant.

agreed - most of her fans mistake her girl-next-door image for elegance
    I dont see why GYY cannot be seen as the girl-next-door and elegant at the same time. She can be very sweet and innocent-looking at times but stylish and sophisticated-looking at other times. Being a girl-next-door doesn't necessarily mean u aren't elegant, the two terms do not contradict each other.

they don't have strong fanbases! only a select few who like to spam pics from SINA website, and making 1 line comments like:
    And that is spam compared to a bunch of people posting random nonsense in threads especially that of LYF's
    At least there are relevant stuff discussed pertaining to GYY in her thread, if u are so in favor of posting non-actress related stuff, there's always the debate/academia threads to do so. Or alternatively, msn. Not everyone is interested in reading whatever petty, coy and trying-to-outwit-each-other type of personal arguments.

And before u try to defend urself by nitpicking and finding instances where i have also spammed etc. I want to make clear that i am not innocent of spamming but i dont try to justify and defend it just because i can't get over someone/people telling me to stop spamming.

Eh, but the stuffs that you considered nonsense helps keep your favorite actress' thread on the top. One’s only relevant if people access the thread.
    If posting rubbish is THE WAY to keep ur fave actress thread hot, i'd rather not keep up with those threads. This is a forum, not a competition zone among the actresses imo. What is the point of visiting a thread of an actress and read pages of irrelevant stuff which is of zero interest to me? If i want to read spam and people's personal lives, there are so many other places on the net to read them and in the first place, why would I even think of visiting an actress thread for that purpose?

BTW im not against a little OT and relaxing of the rules here and there. I just dont get how some people can defend their acts of pages of spamming as something necessary and become sore when they're told off.

Answering the thread topic, I picked LYF. I find her acting one of the weakest out of the lot, not taking into account amount of experience though. Charmaine is better than LYF imo simply because she has alot more experience, i cannot really remember how her acting was like when she was at the stage LYF is now in..pretty bad as well i suppose.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 03-08-07 at 03:23 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

why does everyone think Liu Yi fei can't act..i think she's good...ooh...especially in ROCH!
    Women are trustless!

I wonder if Net and Bell are innocent from spamming?

Quote Originally Posted by Anime_Dude
    why does everyone think Liu Yi fei can't act..i think she's good...ooh...especially in ROCH!
    Maybe instead of staring at her, you could analyze her acting skills, compare it to previous actresses who played the same role, read the novel, and compare the the author's description, you could find some answers.

LYF is over-rated. She cannot act. She cannot sing. And no, she's not even hot.

Out of this bunch, she's the worst. . .the polls show it too.
    Last edited by resident:alien; 03-08-07 at 09:00 PM.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    .................mumble jumble..........

well my objective certainly worked by posting them posts

Hi Sunny! long time no speak
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

what rubbish is this? Bella has her own agenda - as I have mine.
    And LunAr has his

what rubbish is this? Bella has her own agenda - as I have mine.
    And LunAr has his

sure fooled me..: Pissing off Sunny is on ur agenda right? *snickers*

sure fooled me..: Pissing off Sunny is on ur agenda right? *snickers*
    of course not! i just wanted to see if Sunny still has the fire burning in her

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysnow
    If posting rubbish is THE WAY to keep ur fave actress thread hot, i'd rather not keep up with those threads. This is a forum, not a competition zone among the actresses imo. What is the point of visiting a thread of an actress and read pages of irrelevant stuff which is of zero interest to me? If i want to read spam and people's personal lives, there are so many other places on the net to read them and in the first place, why would I even think of visiting an actress thread for that purpose?
    The reality is that approximately 95% of the thread contents bear no relevance to the topic matter, and it does not limit to just the actress threads. It’s typical for people to stray from the main issue and elaborate on insignificant points that are unrelated to the topic. Of your own admission, we are all guilty of going off topic and spamming. Though, I have no problem skipping through other people's bullsh1ts either.

BTW im not against a little OT and relaxing of the rules here and there. I just dont get how some people can defend their acts of pages of spamming as something necessary and become sore when they're told off. :
    The only people who opinions matter are the mods and spcnet since this is her ship. Everyone has a difference purpose of coming here. I’m here to relax, have fun, and engage in combative arguments once in awhile, but nothing to justify to anyone else. I have no problem admitting wrongdoings and had apologized for mischief in the past. Though, I do have a problem with people who think they have higher moral authority and judge people when they themselves are not perfect. Just because the crime has not been reported does not mean the crime has not been committed.

Deary, isn’t this post itself a spam? I can’t answer for Net, but bellamia is not guiltier or less innocent than any other subjects here.
    Last edited by bellamia; 03-10-07 at 02:53 AM.

The reality is that approximately 95% of the thread contents bear no relevance to the topic matter, and it does not limit to just the actress threads.It’s typical for people to stray from the main issue and elaborate on insignificant points that are unrelated to the topic. Of your own admission, we are all guilty of going off topic and spamming. Though, I have no problem skipping through other people's bullsh1ts either.
    It is typical of people to stray away from topic and discuss irrelevant stuff once in a while and i dont have any huge problems with that. It is only when there is a long string of consecutive bullsh!t do i get annoyed and worse still when these people try to defend their purpose of doing so. I know im not innocent of going OT and spamming at times and I've never stated otherwise. But i dont weave up a bunch of reasons in defense of myself which i think is very poor of an excuse just to save face for my actions.

And yeah, its a free world and people can do whatever they want, why not we just have a general forum and do away with the separate threads and sections since they serve no purpose at all? Just post whatever comments we have on whatever topics in a single thread and no problem that will be since all people have to do is to skip stuff irrelevant to them and go on to stuff which interests them.

The only people who opinions matter are the mods and spcnet since this is her ship.
    Of course, and they really enjoy seeing a whole bunch of spam every now and then don't they? It is basic ettiqute to try to post comments while taking into consideration other members and the workload of the Mod. It doesn't necessarily take someone of authority to teach me this.

Though, I do have a problem with people who think they have higher moral authority and judge people when they themselves are not perfect. Just because the crime has not been reported does not mean the crime has not been committed.
    I do not claim to be of oh-so-highly-moralistic principles nor do i consider myself perfect. But i do find it funny that such a comment is made by someone who ironically isn't even practising that comment in the first place. I really dont see the reason for imposing labels on me when i've never even attacked anyone's morals. So much for logic, or perhaps, blind ones at that.

Some people may have no problems skipping a whole bunch of spam but that does not pertain to everyone. Yeah a forum is owned by the Mod but is participated by a group of members. I dont believe in swallowing all the annoyance just because an outspoken minority tries to shush everyone up by justifying their actions. Isn't it ironic that these people think their comforts must be satisfied while denying other's theirs? And before i get that comment thrown back at me, I must say that being just a mere member of the forum, it is really true that i have zero rights to stop people from posting whatever they want. Of course, personal issues and witty exchanges as well, which i dont mind seeing a couple here and there but really, a prolonged one IMO can be flaunted using other mediums desgined for exactly this purpose..MSN or PM anyone? Or would anyone suggest something the other way round? Topics on actresses discussed on MSN/PM while we just let everyone have the spam of their lives in the actress thread.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 03-10-07 at 08:37 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

geeeshh...whats this debate bout spamming? the last i checked this is the worst actress thread....

and woo-hoo...Liu Yi Fei is going strong....makes me wanna watch her WYY ( a clip might do, actually), seeing how 'excellent' shes scoring around here.....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-10-07 at 05:22 AM.