Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Battle of Red Cliffs

Part 1 was better than part 2, which was horrible.

-You have peasant soldiers of the 3rd century writing farewell letters to their love ones, before burning those letters. Wow, I did not know 3rd century peasants had a better literacy rate than modern day Chinese citizens.

-A naval battle at NIGHT? In the 3rd century? The Japanese did not launch a 3rd wave of attack on Pearl Harbor because the sun was setting, and that was in World War 2.

click to show/hide spoilers

-The Sun-Liu alliance captured Cao Cao and spared him. Such stupidity can only occur in a movie. Guan Yu also spared Cao in the novel, but the novel explained that Guan wanted to repay the favor Cao bestowed on him. No such explanation was given here.

-Cao Cao supposedly wanted The Qiao sisters as spoils of war, yet he drank tea with lady Qiao and got poisoned instead of making her his mistress. Was this movie intended for children? It doesn't have to be graphic, but Cao Cao should have slept with her, as he did with many married women in history.
    Good site to find movies:
    http://www.rivercay.org

xiao qiao was freaking hot
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

FYI everybody, the movie dramatically differs from both the novelisation, 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms', and the historical text, 'Records of the Three Kingdoms'.

So if you enjoyed it, great (I hated it), but please don't use it as the basis for your understanding about how that super-famous battle actually played out
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I have the main battle clips up on my website. I liked this movie because of the battle scenes. Those in Red Cliff 2 reminds me of Saving Pte Ryan's storming of the beach-head.

Red Cliff 2 was stupidly inaccurate. Gan Ning is not supposed to die, Cao Cao is not supposed to have some kind of last stand at Chi Bi. He fled the minute he saw his fleet up in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan View Post
    Red Cliff 2 was stupidly inaccurate. Gan Ning is not supposed to die, Cao Cao is not supposed to have some kind of last stand at Chi Bi. He fled the minute he saw his fleet up in flames.
    And compared to the novelisation, by filming Chibi as a stand-alone chapter, it gives no reason why Cao Cao was spared at the end. It makes no sense whatsoever that the people there - Liu Bei, Sun Quan, Zhou Yu, would let a despot like Cao Cao live. In the novel only Zhuge Liang and Guan Yu (for different reasons) allowed Cao Cao to return home, but there wasn't time to expand on that. Many of my friends who watched just couldn't understand why they let him run, and based on what the movie had, it was totally silly.