Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of Red Cliffs

OMG Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!! Liu Ye is awesome! Now, if only they can get rid of that stupid vase, Lin Zhi Ling, everything would be perrrrrfect. I don't even like Vicki, and I would so much rather she act than that vase. At least, she has some skills. Of course, if they can get both Vicki and vase-lady and replace them with more credible actresses like Zhou Xun or even Zhang Zi Yi, I would be heaveeeen...

Wait, I have a question, why can't Chang Chen be Zhou Yu? Too dark? Is Zhou Yu a pretty boy or something with perrrrefect, delicate, smooth , white skin? *rolls eyes*

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

No way, Vicki stays! *glares at yearning*

i've been waiting for ages to see her in ancient action movie again, even if it's just a small role....

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Wait, I have a question, why can't Chang Chen be Zhou Yu? Too dark? Is Zhou Yu a pretty boy or something with perrrrefect, delicate, smooth , white skin? *rolls eyes*
    guess we'll have to wait for him to make a statement regarding his leaving the movie then, like Chow did...

plus, you gotta bear in mind that there hasnt been any confirmation that Liu Ye had accepted the role. The newsflash only say that it's offered to him, not already accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    Here's probably good news for Guo Xiang

Chow Yun-fatt left John Woo's Battle of Red Cliff

Yaaay!

Nothing against CYF, but he's just not suitable and I'm glad that he thinks the same way too!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

CYF is not the humble CYF we used to know and loved ever since he didn't strike gold in Hollywood and came crawling back to Asia but thinks he's a super-star.

really? where did you get that idea? i havent heard of him being cocky yet....

uhm, i dont like any of CYF's movies, hollywood or hong kong (well, theres this one, the only one memorable; All About Ah Long, now thats a good one), but his latest performance in Curse of Golden Flower caught my eye.....but that's just about it....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 04-17-07 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    CYF is not the humble CYF we used to know and loved ever since he didn't strike gold in Hollywood and came crawling back to Asia but thinks he's a super-star.
    really? where did you get that idea? i havent heard of him being cocky yet....

uhm, i dont like any of CYF's movies, hollywood or hong kong (well, theres this one, the only one memorable; All About Ah Long, now thats a good one), but his latest performance in Curse of Golden Flower caught my eye.....but that's just about it....
    I know where Surf got that idea from. The local newspapers said that CYF was 'booted out' of the team because aside from the astronomical paycheck demanded, he reportedly also made several unreasonable requests to the movie producers that they were unable to comply with, nor accept.

And that many protests about CYF being casted as Zhou Yu was another reason for his leaving too.

OMG Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!! Liu Ye is awesome! Now, if only they can get rid of that stupid vase, Lin Zhi Ling, everything would be perrrrrfect. I don't even like Vicki, and I would so much rather she act than that vase. At least, she has some skills. Of course, if they can get both Vicki and vase-lady and replace them with more credible actresses like Zhou Xun or even Zhang Zi Yi, I would be heaveeeen...
    You've seen Lin Zhiling act before? Unless that's the case, you shouldn't be jumping to conclusions about her acting skills.

Both Zhou Xun and Zhang Ziyi doesn't look the part for Xiaoqiao, especially the latter.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 04-17-07 at 11:30 AM.

Well, unless some miracle happens, but I've seen her on variety shows, and I am certainly not impressed. I think she had ot act something for Da Ge Da, and it was absolutely revolting/fake/naseously sweet. Why does Zhang Zi Yi not look the better? I agree that those two might not be the most suitable in terms of looks, but I would think that ZYZ is more suitable in the looks department than ZX.

And there's plenty of pretty, talented actresses to choose from, ones w/ the looks and experience. Signing her on for the most part was for promotion because she's so well known and pretty. I read that there were lots of protests from netizens after she was cast.

MY mistake on previous news. I totally missed the newsflash posted a week after Liu Ye's rumour....

Source: MonkeyPeaches.com
    Date: 31 March, 2007

Earlier this week, John Woo showed up at a ceremony for contracting Beijing-based CineLabs to develop all celluloid films of the war epic. He said he was very surprised that Leung Chiu-Wai quitted the project and he respected Leung’s decision. Chang Chen is still attached and Liu Ye has not joined the cast (an earlier report said Chang Chen's role was taken by Liu Ye). He has made a few shots of a new born pony and the mother horse, which would be included in the movie. He said the number of people working in the project had reached to around 800 and the set had been built, adjacent to a reservoir in Hebei Province (near Beijing). Lin Chi-lin is learning the ancient skill of knot-making, Chow Yun-Fat is practicing his lines (will be delivered in Mandarin), and Hu Jun and Zhao Wei are preparing their fight scenes. According to
    The Beijing News, the set of warlord Cao Cao's commanding center, camps and trenches have almost completed. A large number of warships, siege vehicles and other props have also been built. Principal shooting will begin by earlier April and will last for about six months.
    http://www.monkeypeaches.com/battleofredcliff.html

so, yearning, no Liu Ye for you...

Lol, that's okay because Chang Chen is pretty cool too. Actually, my pick would be to get both Chang Chen AND Liu Ye, that would be awesomeness.
    Not as pleased with the female cast, but I'll give them a chance.

Well, unless some miracle happens, but I've seen her on variety shows, and I am certainly not impressed. I think she had ot act something for Da Ge Da, and it was absolutely revolting/fake/naseously sweet. Why does Zhang Zi Yi not look the better? I agree that those two might not be the most suitable in terms of looks, but I would think that ZYZ is more suitable in the looks department than ZX.

And there's plenty of pretty, talented actresses to choose from, ones w/ the looks and experience. Signing her on for the most part was for promotion because she's so well known and pretty. I read that there were lots of protests from netizens after she was cast.
    Ehh to me, ZZY doesn't look gentle at all.

ZZY is far overused period.

There's heaps of news on Battle of Red Cliff atm but nothing is confirmed so a lot of jumbo jumbo is floating around online.

Stars fighting for role

China Film Group suggested Chen Dao Ming, Japan's AVEX would like to use Ken Watnable. If John Woo wants a young Zhou Yu, then it could be Jay Chou. There is news that Wu Jun would change his role to Zhou Yu. Everyone is fighting for it.

If Jay Chou stars in this movie, Zhou Yu's role may be switched to Takeshi and Jay Chou would play Zhu Ge Liang. Before the group could finalize on this, the production team will stop filming as of today until the cast is set.

Ling Zhi Ling said that she was surprised with the move and regret she couldn't play wife to CYF.

Takeshi and Chang Chen through their manager expressed surprise too. Takeshi's manager said, "Has it been confirmed already? We are not too sure what his parts are. Takeshi was looking forward to working with Chow Yun Fat. But when we accepted this movie, the major reason was because it is a John Woo directed film so we all respect the director's decision."

(no offence but Jay Chow? wtf?! mauahaha! I sure hope not!)

Cast still unconfirmed

CYF said he didn't really want to talk about it anymore. It is he who decided to resign from the movie. He was not fired. But in any case, he would not star in this movie but he hopes that this would not affect the movie and he hopes that this would not affect his relationship with John Woo and Terence Chang.

Following the news that CYF would not be in the Battle of Red Cliff, Chengtian Entertainment is trying to get its own actors to take up the role of Zhou Yu and at the moment is recommending Tony Leung Ka Fai. But they said, "Everything despends on the director."

Article: April 17, 2007
    Tony Leung's Return

Tony Leung Chiu Wai is returning to the cast of the Battle of Red Cliff. His return will rejuvenate this historically huge production. As long as he acts as Zhou Yu, would it cause another wave of change in cast. His 174 cm height may not fit Ling Zhi Ling.

It was also said that Tony Leung would return to the cast but no one is saying which role. Everything depends on his reading the script.

Chow Yun Fat and his good friends John Woo, Terence Chang has broken relationships and Terence Chang and Chow Yun Fat were had a verbal war. John Woo is sad and playing low profile. On the one hand he didn't want to hurt his relationship with Chow Yun Fat and on the other hand, he is quietly looking for replacement.

Besides, it was said that the contract dispute this time was caused by Jasmine, Chow Yun Fat's wife, who has always minded his work. It was also said that Jasmine requested that the production team pass everything to her first before Chow Yun Fat. As to this charge that Chow Yun Fat could not be reached by the production team, Chow Yun Fat said that he would not respond to it.

(I sure this last piece of news is true because Tony is so great! I'd rather him than CYF to be honest).

OMG, please, give me a BREAK. Jay Chow as Zhu Ge Liang? *rolls over the ground laughing in a fit of horror and shock* Don't make this into a nightmare production, please.

Yeah Zhang Zi Yi is overused, but at least she has some skills and a nice voice (ok yea dubbing is fine, but why bother).

Ken Watanabe for Cao Cao!

Takashi for Zhou Yu.

Tony for Zhuge Liang.

Jay Chou to be nowhere near this!

Thats what I hope.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

OMG, please, give me a BREAK. Jay Chow as Zhu Ge Liang? *rolls over the ground laughing in a fit of horror and shock* Don't make this into a nightmare production, please.

Yeah Zhang Zi Yi is overused, but at least she has some skills and a nice voice (ok yea dubbing is fine, but why bother).
    ZZY has great martial arts skills I agree but Woo said that this is an historic epic with battles scenes, not a kungfu film. In that case, I don't think ZZY would be a good choice because

a) she's a very mediocre actress
    b) Hollywood is going to think she is all we have
    c) get a new actress already
    d) I don't see why out of such a large population in China, they can't find a decent actress that's also young and good looking
    e) she's bland looking (my opinion of course)
    f) I hate dubbing lol -doesn't serve anything for authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii
    a) she's a very mediocre actress
    b) Hollywood is going to think she is all we have
    c) get a new actress already
    d) I don't see why out of such a large population in China, they can't find a decent actress that's also young and good looking
    e) she's bland looking (my opinion of course)
    f) I hate dubbing lol -doesn't serve anything for authenticity.
    wow...you mind-reader!!

Newsflash! Newsflash!

Date: April 18, 2007

According to Sina.com, producer Terence Chang just said Leung Chiu-Wai agreed to come back. He would play general Zhou Yu, the role Chow Yun-Fat abandoned. Last month Leung resigned from the project and his role, Zhuge Liang, the top advisor to warlord Liu Bei, was assigned to Takeshi Kaneshiro.

Newsflash! Newsflash!

Date: April 18, 2007
    Nooo... they got rid of an unsuitable guy only to get another unsuitable guy.

LOL, who do you picture best to portray Zhou Yu then? btw, what's wrong with Tony playing Zhou Yu? he's too old for the role too?