Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reason why woman in Wuxia could successfully disguise as a man...

Default Reason why woman in Wuxia could successfully disguise as a man...

I think partial reason why woman, from Wuxia novels, could successfully trick some men into believing that they're men is probably partially because they had small breasts. I personally can't imagine some white lady pretending to be a guy. What do you think?

I would say another reason is that even males keep their hair long. I sometimes find myself in the situation where I can't differentiate a person's gender.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

Yet, when white guys pretend to be female via the form of drag queen, it can be highly believable... except it's a bit inconvincing to see a 6.5 feet tall woman.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

oriental ladies, especially are not as, shall we say curvy or developed as those in the western world. so it is easy to pass off as a guy when they donned male hairdo and dressing. i used to be a tomboy in my young days and not many realized that i am a girl .

plus, back then, especially in the colder areas or winter, they wore layers of clothes anyway. even if you had boob, they'd probably think you're just a really buff guy

o come on guys, i can tell a guy from a girl without looking at their boobs. their face structures are different.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    o come on guys, i can tell a guy from a girl without looking at their boobs. their face structures are different.
    some you can tell obviously, yes but many easily passed off - lack of make up play another part - guys in those day are pretty clueless when it comes to fairer sex. i may add some still exist to this day no, no i am not complaining, just decades of observation

Quote Originally Posted by sheraldine
    some you can tell obviously, yes but many easily passed off - lack of make up play another part - guys in those day are pretty clueless when it comes to fairer sex. i may add some still exist to this day no, no i am not complaining, just decades of observation
    im assuming u are a gal? but trust me, go up to 95% of the guys, and they can identify a guy from a girl. smelling is last resort if u cant identify by looking. theres juss no way a guy can get this mixed up!!!
    Last edited by LuNaR; 03-08-07 at 01:13 AM.

In the city, we're overwhelmed by too many sensations, but if you live in the open for a while, it becomes really easy to tell by smell. The human smelling sense is not as bad as commonly believed.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

there were a lot of sissy looking guys back then so the woman could pass for guys easily.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    there were a lot of sissy looking guys back then so
    Not likely. Most men were farmers, woodsmen, fishermen, or hunters back then (had to be, in order to survive). Most of them definitely looked like they had been spending every day of their lives out toiling in the hot sun. The "girly man" would have been an exception back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    The "girly man" would have been an exception back then.
    most "girly man" belonged to the upper classes and nobility, even royalty.... even some rich families, due to supersition or perhaps something else, raised certain boys as girls ... unlike english royalty in the past easily exposed gay kings and lesbian queens, chinese royalty and nobility usually are tight lipped on such subject.

most "girly man" belonged to the upper classes and nobility, even royalty.... even some rich families, due to supersition or perhaps something else, raised certain boys as girls ... unlike english royalty in the past easily exposed gay kings and lesbian queens, chinese royalty and nobility usually are tight lipped on such subject.
    how do u know they are girly man? i thought the nobility were usually generals. most of the girls bak then were "girly girl" cause all they can do is take care of children and household stuff so its not hard to tell if they're girls or not.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

im assuming u are a gal? but trust me, go up to 95% of the guys, and they can identify a guy from a girl. smelling is last resort if u cant identify by looking. theres juss no way a guy can get this mixed up!!!
    I've had mistaken "butch" women as men in the past. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    I've had mistaken "butch" women as men in the past. lol!
    wow

how do u know they are girly man? i thought the nobility were usually generals. most of the girls bak then were "girly girl" cause all they can do is take care of children and household stuff so its not hard to tell if they're girls or not.
    no dearie, not all nobility are from such families, tough and masculine based on history and documentations, some are by relation or marriage, some are merchant descendant, blah blah blah.... and if one knew about performing arts, in those days, male starred as a female - make up and behavior as well. Some early record in the history book Sima Qian did mention some emperor(s) dressed and swung both ways, although i couldnt remember who's who, the latest one i could recalled was a son or grandson of Qian Long, was a girly prince

no dearie, not all nobility are from such families, tough and masculine based on history and documentations, some are by relation or marriage, some are merchant descendant, blah blah blah.... and if one knew about performing arts, in those days, male starred as a female - make up and behavior as well. Some early record in the history book Sima Qian did mention some emperor(s) dressed and swung both ways, although i couldnt remember who's who, the latest one i could recalled was a son or grandson of Qian Long, was a girly prince
    ya but darling thats like 1% of the population and the point is, no guy that is straight, should ever mistaken a girl for a guy.

ya but darling thats like 1% of the population and the point is, no guy that is straight, should ever mistaken a girl for a guy.
    That's abit too extreme of a view. Girls can pass off as guys easily at times. There will also be the existence of femine-looking males so the girls can pass off and be thought as those. Those upper-class males do not only profess in the military line either. Quite a number of them will become scholars too.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

1% in royalty, 1% in nobility, 1% in rich families, 1% in performer artiest - that is at least 4%, honey ( ok, let's cut that out) i agree with you on the point, but everyone and everybody makes mistake at times and in places, including genders. now, PEACE!

1% in royalty, 1% in nobility, 1% in rich families, 1% in performer artiest - that is at least 4%, honey ( ok, let's cut that out) i agree with you on the point, but everyone and everybody makes mistake at times and in places, including genders. now, PEACE!
    ok sweetheart i guess ur rite, every1 makes mistakes and i'll agree to it. PEACE