Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [K-Drama] With's Amusement aka Witch Yoo Hee

this series was interesting at first, but then I stopped at the part where YH couldn't make up her mind and neither could MR for that end. It was good, but the it's starting to drag so I'm going to wait and just watch the last episode

I had a two day marathon of Witch Yoo Hee and now I'm waiting for the rest of the episodes to be subbed. I must say I like this series very much. I was just cooling down from my addiction of watching Korean dramas when I stumbled upon WYH. Just to make it clear I didn't finish watching half the dramas I have because it got kinda boring. But this show made me re-addicted. I started watching and I just couldn't stop. I read people saying it is boring, they don't like the actors etc. But I love every single bit of this show. And I'm not even wondering where are the kisses, like I usually do when I'm watching Korean dramas. Can't wait to watch the rest.

I'm currently watching it, just waiting for the subs. I thought this series is enjoyable to watch.

Does anyone know when this series will be release in the U.S or china? Dubbed or subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by creamcheese007 View Post
    Does anyone know when this series will be release in the U.S or china? Dubbed or subbed.
    I think it depends on your location. As I'm from the States, it takes a long long time until they subbed it in Viet. I think You Tube has it, so you should definitely check it out.

ok, it is me or this series is getting a little annoying?
    i mean, i don't like mo ryong and yoo hee anymore. especially mo ryong, the way he treats his gf is kinda out of line. and yoo hee is ruining people's life, and it's not even funny anymore.

It's not funny as it used to be in the earlier eps... maybe due to change of scriptwriters half-way thru the show, Witch Amusement has lost it's funny elements and has transformed into a typical soaped drama. I enjoyed first ten eps, simply dislike the ending!

It started off really well, and gradually went off bit by bit. The ending was terribly done; I think it could have been much better. Overall, I enjoyed it and Yoo Hee and Moo Ryong match, so I don't need to complain about that = ). The doctor totally annoyed me, and it was a disappointment to see him stand so low near the end. He could have been a better character.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Sunlight_zero I agree. This drama started out promising... but just went downhill. The plot just got ridiculous! I stopped watching at 10 eps and just read Javabeans' summaries.

totally agreed with everyone ...

I thought it was pretty interesting at first then toward the last few episodes, it went haywired!

Messy ending. Plot doesnt make any sense. so many unanswered questions ...

I was disappointed.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

May Contain Spoilers

I share the same sentiments with most of the people in here as well. The plot started off OKAY, it wasn't even that good. Let me list the problems I have with this drama, and in no particular order I might add.

1. The supporting cast was actually better than the main. Here's how the acting rank went IMO

Moo-Ryong's parents> Moo-Ryong's brother & GF> Yoo Hee's assistant (the guy)> Nam Sung Mi> Moo-Ryong> Yoo Hee> Joon Ha> Johnny

2. The plot was horribly unrealistic. I mean what boyfriend would totally disregard his girlfriend to care for another woman. And if he did, why did stay w/ Sung Mi? And if you argue that he doesn't want to hurt her..then he's a stupid/selfish [insert whatever]. I think his [MR] character was poorly written. Plus, if YH loved him so much, why the hell would she leave him JUST b/c the other guy's hand was messed up? It's not like he's CRIPPLED or PARALYZED.

3. Daniel Henney's acting was just......blah? It was so awkward and uncomfortable. It was worse that they added sooooo much English to the script. Everytime he spoke, it took me right out the drama.

4. MR's clothes were tight..and I mean really tight, esp. his pants/jeans. I was like geez, even I would have a hard time walking in those. His scarves were soo unecessary too. On the contrary, YH's clothes were suuuper nice. Halfway through the drama I caught myself staring @ her outfits instead of paying attention to the drama.

5. Han Ga In's acting. I was neutral towards her but this drama..she had the same expression alllllll the time. It was even worse when she opened her eyes real wide, almost unnatural-looking. Weird and wasn't fond of it.

The list could go on but I'm tired. If you're a fan of any of the main characters, watch this drama. Otherwise, watch it when you're bored or skip it altogether cuz I'm pretty sure there are better ones out there worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by flydoll View Post
    May Contain Spoilers

3. Daniel Henney's acting was just......blah? It was so awkward and uncomfortable. It was worse that they added sooooo much English to the script. Everytime he spoke, it took me right out the drama.
    It's not Daniel Henney. Usually Daniel Henney speak korean throughout the dramas he stars in or speak some korean.

And the actor is Dennis Oh not Daniel Henney.

Anyway, whenever Dennis speaks Korean, it always comes off sounding sorta french, like he's speaking french instead of korean. Very weird. but anyway, I don't have any other drama to watch atm so I'll watch this.

PEOPLE use the SPOILER TAG~~!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Moo Ryong's dad, is that the same actor that was his dad in Delightful Girl Chun Hyang?

OMG! This is not good. I'm staying up way too late just to watch this drama. I love Episode 5. Dennis, Ha Ga In, Jae Hee and his gf are all at the sauna with towels wrapped around their head and Yoo Hee goes away to get a tray of eggs, the expression on Dennis is so cute and funny!!!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i14.tinypic.com/6glvrsy.jpg')
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-17-07 at 12:44 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Moo Ryong's dad, is that the same actor that was his dad in Delightful Girl Chun Hyang?

OMG! This is not good. I'm staying up way too late just to watch this drama. I love Episode 5. Dennis, Ha Ga In, Jae Hee and his gf are all at the sauna with towels wrapped around their head and Yoo Hee goes away to get a tray of eggs, the expression on Dennis is so cute and funny!!!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i14.tinypic.com/6glvrsy.jpg')
    this series is pretty entertaining from episode 1 till maybe episode 10
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

I really do not like the actor who plays Yoo Hee's father. I started to hate him from 1% of anything, hated him in My Girl and hated him even more in this drama.

However, I've always like the actor who plays Jae Hee's dad in Sassy Girl Chun Hyang and here in this drama, he didn't play Jae Hee's father in My Girl, but he was in it.

CanDEE, I think you're right. It was good until episode 11 it went downhill.

Parts of the drama reminds of most of the other Contract-Agreement plotline dramas, Lover in Paris, and maybe a little bit of My Girl. The only thing I thought was somewhat different was
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Pa-Ran's story and how the truth about Pa-Ran resolved the some of the animosity Yoo Hee had with her dad.

Kim Joon Heon's character Joon Ha was SO boring. I liked him better in Goong, here he's just devoid of any feeling of love and selfish. And I believe here he didn't smile so much here. So it was hard looking at someone who doesn't smile much.

Jae Hee is an actor who is comfortable in any role he takes. I believe he and some of the supporting actors/actresses are the reason I'm watching it. Because Ha Ga In's acting is still very raw, but Jae Hee makes his scenes with her worth watching. Funny even.

Like many people I also find this series very draggy and boring. I also find it a major disappointment as well. Just my opinion

Whoa, I didn't know Han Ga In is married and she's married to Yun Jung Hoon (who is also an actor).

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Whoa, I didn't know Han Ga In is married and she's married to Yun Jung Hoon (who is also an actor).
    Anyways this has nothing related to this drama, but I think her husband resembles the Lee Jung Jae (I think that's how you spell it? ), who starred in Il Mare?
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Red face not so good

This series was a disappoitment as all the cast had bad parts, the woman was bad at acting and her ex lover was not right as he look like her brother more then a boyfriend..... I let you decide what right and what wrong
    Think positive throughout your life and not negative.... it not a good thing (^___^)O hiya

Jae-hee's hair was an utter wreckage for his character. If his hair was probably longer, like that in the past, it may most probably hv been better. Yoohee's acting was practically a turn-off~ Dont wanna comment further. I screwed my ears when Dennis spoke Korean -- or somewhat alien language. O____O

Sorry but I feel even if you don't agree with a certain character in this drama, you should be discriminating all the way until like that and even protest that He shouldn't be in here. At least show some respect, please.

Anyhow, on the overall, it's only average. The storyline is somewhat funny. However, like what everyone here says, it was getting out of hand ever since the scriptwriter changed. The story plot was getting more draggy...
    Last edited by berHc.; 07-29-07 at 05:54 AM.