View Poll Results: Which team will be victorious?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • The 2 old Taoists FTW!

21 37.50%
  • A Big Demon Head + A Khitan Barbarian FTW!

35 62.50%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team War: WCY+Z3F vs. XF+DFBB

quanzhen sect-shaking treasure, the Chong Yang Sword + Heavenly Sword definitely make the 2 oldies more dangerous than they already are.

however in terms of raw power and speed, XF + DFBB holds the clear edge. i'm sure within the first 100 moves exchanged, both taoists will be surprised at the power and speed of their opponents.

for martial arts philosophies/knowledge and uber formations, Z3F + WCY holds a clear edge. you just know they gonna have these always-adapting, cosmic-related "owning" formations to use in this match up. to pull off a win, however, they're gonna need to utilize the philosophies "Soft overcomes Hards" and "Slow overcomes Fast" to the max before getting overwhelmed by the raw power of XF and the dazzling speed of DFBB.

i believe its doable though because both of em oldies are such superior martial artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    Taichi swordsmanship alone = very powerful already.
    --> Taichi swordsmanship + the Heavenly Sword would be a formidable power.
    Please don't underestimate the sword, it's of gigantic advantage to Zhang Sanfeng, if Dongfang Bubai dares to block Zhang Sanfeng's slashes with his/her needles, no doubt that s-he will be cut in half like a piece of doufu.
    judging from the way ZSF has been teaching ZWJ, he should not be making any slashing in the first place. hence, whether the sword has a sharp cutting edge or not doesn't matter. the only advantage it might give him is that his weapon won't break.

it's probably more to the taoist's team's advantage if ZSF had lent WCY the heavenly sword instead

I'm suprised Dennis didn't show up. I'm more toward the neutral side of WCY since I'm not a big fan of his, but I do recognize the fact that WCY could very possibly near Z3F's and the other ROCH Greats' level. Of course, this is due to the various edits and statements in ROCH.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

I am also of the opinion that JY's intention was to make WCY at least about ROCH Great level.

However, I am also of the opinion that XF is better then the ROCH/HSDS Greats.

DFBB is hard to say but given his dominance over RWX and LHC, it wouldn't be surprising to put him near XF's level.

Unless the 2 old bats come up with some genius 2 man sword formation because I can't quite see XF and DFBB teaming up well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Humplewumps
    ...Unless the 2 old bats come up with some genius 2 man sword formation because I can't quite see XF and DFBB teaming up well together.
    genius 2 man sword formation(s) is practically a given. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    genius 2 man sword formation(s) is practically a given. lol.
    'You attack the hairy guy'

'No! YOU attack that hairy one'

'Meh! I want to try out my slow-overcome-fast theory on that yin-yang freak!'

'QUIT SHOVING!!!!'

'Hey watch that damn sword will you! I spent 100 YEARS growing this beard!!!'

'Your disciples suck! At least none of mine commited suicide or got crippled'

'HA! Whose school got burned down eh?'

'Oh yeah? Who spent 90 years crying into his beard at some old shaolin figurines'

'Who is the hen-pecked taoist running away from his woman eh? Buc-buc-buck-quah!!'

'SHUDDAP!!'

'YOU shut up!'

*slap*

*shove*

*smack*

'OUCH!'
    Last edited by CC; 03-13-07 at 02:21 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC

'QUIT SHOVING!!!!'

'SHUDDAP!!'

'YOU shut up!'

*slap*

*shove*

*smack*

'OUCH!'
    A Wong Chung Yeung/Cheung 3 Fung Taoist Def Comedy Jam would rock!

Quote Originally Posted by CC

'QUIT SHOVING!!!!'

'Oh yeah? Who spent 90 years crying into his beard at some old shaolin figurines'

'Who is the hen-pecked taoist running away from his woman eh? Buc-buc-buck-quah!!'

'SHUDDAP!!'

'YOU shut up!'

*slap*

*shove*

*smack*

'OUCH!'
    i actually laughed out loud for this one...no lie...o brother...good stuff

I want a Wong Chung Yeung/Cheung 3 Fung Buddy Taoist comedy/action movie!

Umm...why does the taoist team need boosters in the shape of the Heavenly Sword? Not up to the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    Umm...why does the taoist team need boosters in the shape of the Heavenly Sword? Not up to the job?
    XF gets his boost in the fine wine and Z3F gets his "boost" as well with the Heavenly Sword. besides, Emei Sect was practically begging for him to use it. XF + wine = uberness! Z3F + Heavenly Sword = uberness! team war scenario is played out logically and according to how i envisioned it to be.

seriously,XF is overrated,he is around the level of a great,DFBB is around the level of a great also,z3f *MAY* or not be = to or superior or inferior,while WCY may be superior as he owned OYF in loch in a stroke.

how strong do u think WCY's Xian Tian Sen Gong based Solitary Yang Finger was?

Quote Originally Posted by JusTea242
    seriously,XF is overrated,he is around the level of a great,DFBB is around the level of a great also,z3f *MAY* or not be = to or superior or inferior,while WCY may be superior as he owned OYF in loch in a stroke.
    QF was roughly around the level of XYS and MRB. So do you consider XYS and MRB and the same level as a ROCH great? Great Wheel Monk is equal to Golden Wheel Monk?
    Last edited by wang23; 03-13-07 at 06:00 AM.

while WCY may be superior as he owned OYF in loch in a stroke.
    Ouyang Feng also owned Hong Qigong in one stroke... when he ambushed Hong from behind (or something like that)! Surprise ambushes, including Wang Chongyang's ambushing of Western Venom, do not reveal true martial arts strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Ouyang Feng also owned Hong Qigong in one stroke... when he ambushed Hong from behind (or something like that)! Surprise ambushes, including Wang Chongyang's ambushing of Western Venom, do not reveal true martial arts strengths.
    JusTea doesn't care how many strokes it takes to get there, as long as it's one hit that finally fells the opponent.

ltcuoi previously had a similar idea about the way Yeung Gor defeated the Golden Wheel Monk, focusing on that one final, fatal blow while ignoring the long, bitter struggle that proceeded it.

Problem is WCY is just broke out of the coffin,and OYF had time to dodge.

Problem is WCY is just broke out of the coffin,and OYF had time to dodge.
    Not really.

那时我师哥身随掌起,飞出棺来,迎面一招‘一阳指’向那西毒点去。欧阳锋明明在窗外见我师哥逝世,一切看得 清清楚楚,这时忽见他从棺中飞跃而出,只吓得魂不附体。他本就对我师哥十分忌惮,这时大惊之下不及运功抵御,我师哥一击而中,‘一阳指’正点中他的眉心,破了他多年苦练的‘蛤蟆功’。

Wang Chongyang suddenly leaped out of the coffin, catching Ouyang Feng in complete surprise. It is stated that Ouyang Feng DID NOT have time to prepare a defense, and thus suffered a strike from Central Divinity's Yiyang Finger.

大惊之下不及运功抵御

No time due to 'utterly shocked' rather then speed of the attack to be precise.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

OYF shouldnt be that shocked,unless his martial arts is far inferior.