28. You may not vote on this poll
  • internal energy

18 64.29%
  • technique

10 35.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: internal energy or technique?

Default internal energy or technique?

ok lets say sum1 with the best internal energy but no technique fights sume1 with the best technique but no internal energy. who will win?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Can the person with no technique throw LDA's?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Can the person with no technique throw LDA's?
    im gunna say no, or else its too unfair for 1 side
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

hmm im gonna say the one with the technique

no technique meaning do they know how to fight at all? or was it like cheung quanbo..

I have always thought that offense is more important than defence.

So I'm gonna vote for technique.

This is a very similar conflict between Mt. Hua's feud between chi and sword. It really depends on the situation. Eg. LHC was pretty successful with just DG9J's stances.

Here is the trouble with this question: it is possible to have a godly amount of 'techniqueless' internal energy, but it is difficult to have an "equal" amount of technique without internal energy, since most advanced techniques require internal energy.

Think of it this way: who is the most prominent icon of each category? I would say Lin Pingzhi for technique and Xuzhu for internal energy (before he encountered SWORD GOD), unless one can think of a better example. Of the 2 fighters, Who would win?

I would say that, when a person has reached the "maximum" level of internal energy-less technique, it would probably only be equivalent of about 5% in the "maximum" level of techniqueless internal energy. BUT, at that level, the technique would overcome internal energy. For example, maybe Lin Pingzhi represents the maximum level of energy-less technique... but that is the equivalent of say, teenage old Zhang Junbao, who had enough internal energy to tie Kunlun 3 Saints BUT no technique (but who hasn't reached anywhere near the peak of internal energy). If Lin Pingzhi were to fight teenage Zhang Junbao, I can almost bet my life on Lin Pingzhi being the winner.

Simple: without internal energy, techniques are worthless. Without technique, one could still deliver damage by enhancing physical abilities through usage of internal energy. Therefore:

INTERNAL ENERGY > TECHNIQUES

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Simple: without internal energy, techniques are worthless. Without technique, one could still deliver damage by enhancing physical abilities through usage of internal energy. Therefore:

INTERNAL ENERGY > TECHNIQUES
    This is not true at all, I mean just look at Lin Pingzhi.

Otherwise, teenage Zhang Junbao (who had better internal energy than any true kung fu expert at Shaolin) would be able to beat Lin Pingzhi (whose internal energy was said to be nearly nonexistent). But I am quite certain that Zhang Junbao would be killed rather quickly by post-castration Lin Pingzhi.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    This is not true at all, I mean just look at Lin Pingzhi.

Otherwise, teenage Zhang Junbao (who had better internal energy than any true kung fu expert at Shaolin) would be able to beat Lin Pingzhi (whose internal energy was said to be nearly nonexistent). But I am quite certain that Zhang Junbao would be killed rather quickly by post-castration Lin Pingzhi.
    I tend to favor technique as well. But just to think on the opposite side of things, what if Lin Pingzhi was practicing a palm martial arts instead of Pixie Swordplay? Since a sword can cause damage to human flesh quite easily, what happens if you switch that to palm and punches with no internal energy backing it up. Can someone with no internal energy but high palm techniques injure XZ?

the question also comes in whether or not the person with the internal can utilize that internal. I mean he may have YG's massive internal, but if he could only utilize 1%, it's pretty much useless. Assuming that the person could utilize his internal, than I would say internal wins.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    I tend to favor technique as well. But just to think on the opposite side of things, what if Lin Pingzhi was practicing a palm martial arts instead of Pixie Swordplay? Since a sword can cause damage to human flesh quite easily, what happens if you switch that to palm and punches with no internal energy backing it up. Can someone with no internal energy but high palm techniques injure XZ?
    unless XZ has all his pressure points inactivated, then he has at least one "weak" spot. thus, if the palm techniques used are truely high level, then he can technically injured if in that that spot, even without power

Best technique is art of formlessness,best neigong is sweeper monk force shield, formlessness without neigong=quite lousy,force shield=holymolyutterpwnage,you say who will win?

Quote Originally Posted by JusTea242
    Best technique is art of formlessness,best neigong is sweeper monk force shield, formlessness without neigong=quite lousy,force shield=holymolyutterpwnage,you say who will win?
    who said sweeper's shield is not a technique?
    best art is not necessarily formless. best art is one that is effective and will hit the enemy's vital in the most efficient way.

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    what if Lin Pingzhi was practicing a palm martial arts instead of Pixie Swordplay? Since a sword can cause damage to human flesh quite easily
    Lin Pingzhi did not need any weapon to be effective. In fact, when he subdued Yu Canghai (a first class fighter who exceled in both internal and external arts) in ONE stance, Yu Canghai was wielding a sword whereas Lin Pingzhi was not.

Given that JY said that Kui Hua (and by default Bi Xie) was a swordplay which stressed on internal energy cultivation, it goes against the words of the novel which stressed that Lin had no significant inner energy.

JY not firing on all cylinders again?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Ah Fei is still a kick-*ss mutha with only a thrust sword

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Given that JY said that Kui Hua (and by default Bi Xie) was a swordplay which stressed on internal energy cultivation, it goes against the words of the novel which stressed that Lin had no significant inner energy.

JY not firing on all cylinders again?
    If you ask me, even if Pixie Swordplay is an internal driven art like the Sunflower thingy, it doesn't necessarily produce massive amount right away. Lin Pingzhi only practiced Pixie Swordplay briefly, even if it's a really prestigeous internal cultivation method, the brief practice would probably not equal to 30+ years of training. Maybe if Lin Pingzhi practiced it for longer, he would have massive internal energy.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    If you ask me, even if Pixie Swordplay is an internal driven art like the Sunflower thingy, it doesn't necessarily produce massive amount right away. Lin Pingzhi only practiced Pixie Swordplay briefly, even if it's a really prestigeous internal cultivation method, the brief practice would probably not equal to 30+ years of training. Maybe if Lin Pingzhi practiced it for longer, he would have massive internal energy.
    Yes but he got amazing speed in a short period of time. In that respect, he had already gotten most of the benefits of training that skill. In fact, isn't one of the lures of Kui Hua/Bi Xie the fact that you gain very quickly?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!