Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slicing Of The Demons 《凶城計中計》

Default Slicing Of The Demons 《凶城計中計》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7866/sdht1.jpg')

Chinese Title: 凶城計中計
    English Title: The Slicing of the Demon
    Episodes: 20

Cast
    Sunny Chan
    Bernice Liu
    Michael Tse
    Angela Tong
    Suet Nei
    Kwok Fung
    Fong So Po
    Loh Jan Shun
    Charmaine Li
    Sherming Yiu
    Leung Shun Yen
    Benz Hiu
    Chan On Ying
    Ellesmere Choi
    Lee Fung
    Savio Tsang
    Wong Wai Leung
    Lo Lok Lam
    Kong Han
    Lee Sheng Cheung

Producer
    Zhong Wai Kin
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-14-08 at 05:25 AM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Haha, no way! Sunny looks strange and funny (weird) with a beard and mustache!

Michael Tse is the main character?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

yea michael tse is the main character. i cant believe this is like bernice's 3rd consecutive series this year. like last year she didnt star in any series. now every1 will star hating bernice cause she "stars in every series" just like how every1 hate charmaine. damnit i like bernice too

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    yea michael tse is the main character. i cant believe this is like bernice's 3rd consecutive series this year. like last year she didnt star in any series. now every1 will star hating bernice cause she "stars in every series" just like how every1 hate charmaine. damnit i like bernice too
    No, I don't think it'll be like Charmaine. Because Charmaine has starred in many series almost every year since she started "acting"...she receives more favors from TVB.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    No, I don't think it'll be like Charmaine. Because Charmaine has starred in many series almost every year since she started "acting"...she receives more favors from TVB.
    i have a feeling bernice will soon be too. i mean tvb made a singing award juss for bernice and gave it to her. in a year or 2, bernice will be the #1 fadan and every1 will hate her :\

hmm is it just me or do I not see Sunny on the poster? xD
    Favourites; Charmaine;Raymond;Ron;Myolie;Bosco

Quote Originally Posted by Charray
    hmm is it just me or do I not see Sunny on the poster? xD
    hes the guy with the big mustache. the guy in the middle

i have a feeling bernice will soon be too. i mean tvb made a singing award juss for bernice and gave it to her. in a year or 2, bernice will be the #1 fadan and every1 will hate her :\
    If it's for any reason I don't like Bernice would be her acting..like In Brink of Law I felt like as if she was delivering out her memorised scripts woodenly. It wasn't so obvious in Devil's Diciples but you could sense it once in a while..

I see nothing wrong in seeing the same actor/actress in continuous series, just as long as they're good in it.

Anyways this series looks alright, I'm just hoping it won't end up like DD.

Both Devil's disciples and this are warehouse series, so only Brink of Law has been broadcasted in HK, so you cant say that they will be consecutive. But Bernice's acting in Devil's disciples was mediocre at best, hope she does better here.
    I can't recognise Sunny on the poster. Only while i was watching the first episode, I realised it was him after the stuff fallen off his face!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy

I see nothing wrong in seeing the same actor/actress in continuous series, just as long as they're good in it.
    I completely agree with you.

As Bernice in this series, I'm glad that her role is not a serious one. I have watched the first two episodes and the series so far is pretty good. I especially like Michael Tse's character, I think there are so much in his character that is not revealed yet. He has screen presence and he is different from his past series.

I prefer Sunny's performance here than in WAD. I found there is something off with his acting in WAD but in this series he is natural and is funny.

As for Bernice, she is funny but she looks really off in ancient. Her gesture is nothing ancient but she did well for the dancing part.

So far, I find their chemistry are pretty good.

anyone watching this? is it any good?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    anyone watching this? is it any good?
    i got 2 episode rite now. i'll watch it tomorrow and tell u

My impression on the first 2 episode-

Downright weird, it's like you don't really know what's happening (or maybe it's because I was dozing off halfway) but it does hint a little bit of stuff here and there at the end of episode 2 so I'm hoping it'll get interesting.

Michael's character is pretty interesting here, it seems like he's hiding something. Sunny's character is similar to the one in Just Love, the silly, a lil comedic type. Although I like Sunny but I think his best performance was in ATOAE. I have nothing to say about Bernice, she's still pretty bland and wooden as ever. It's nice to see Angela Tong back though

So far a 2.5/5 from me for 2 episodes :P

I just watched the first two episodes as well, and I agree with Fantasy that its weird.. I cant put my finger on exactly why but its strange haha
    Last edited by Inferno323; 03-15-07 at 07:11 PM.
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Not another devils desciple!!

What's the story about? I'm kinda interested in this....haha....but i hoope Sunny's not gonna wear that moustache for the whole 20 episodes.....i already find it annoying n weird in War n Destiny...

It isn't another Devil's Disciples. I think it's more... mysterious and it's not really that CG filled. The plot is also more complex (it's not really complex, but more than the one in Devil's Disciples anyway).

Sunny doesn't wear the moustache for the whole 20 episodes. Only when he is executing people.

Quote Originally Posted by sockleophagusek
    Sunny doesn't wear the moustache for the whole 20 episodes. Only when he is executing people.
    Executing people??!! U mean he's playing an evil role? Hope not..

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    Executing people??!! U mean he's playing an evil role? Hope not..

Nah, in the beginning he was an executor who can't execute people, because right before the execution, the criminal will always call out that he is innocent, and sunny will feel that he dont want to execute anyone innocent.

STORYLINE SPOILERS, SPOILERS AND MORE SPOILERS.

Well, at the initial get go of the series it plays on a little Dark Tales kind of setting; a little mysterious and eerie. I actually thought it was kind of interesting. It starts off with two sworn brothers, Michael and Sunny, traveling to another town who has a strict belief of the so called "8 Gods." The first few episodes plays on this mysterious cult headed by Ngok Wah with Bernice Liu as his daughter. Ngok Wah claims he's the chosen representative of the "8 Gods" and is highly regarded in the town. The pessimistic Sunny Chan doesn't believe in the supernatural and gets into many conflicts with the cult and their traditions. Soon, a murder complicates matters and draws Sunny and Michael further into this mystery.

OK...SPOILERS GALORE AHEAD....IF YOU WANT THE SERIES TO BE MORE INTERESTING FOR YOU BEFORE WATCHING, I'D ADVISE YOU NOT TO READ THIS...

So after watching the first six episodes, the mystery has already been revealed which I disagree with. I would've preferred they prolong with the reveal and waited until near the end before telling the audience what or who was behind everything. Apparently everything was a hoax and Ngok Wah's cult are just deceivers. He robbed a man of his riches and now the person has come back for revenge. That person, played by Gwok Fung, actually has a son in Michael Tse who has also comeback for revenge. However, there may be a chance that this is also part of a huge plot as there exists some chances that Michael may actually really be Ngok Wah's son. I was hoping they'd keep it as a series that appeared to have elements of the supernatural, only to reveal near the end that it was human cause. I was thinking somewhat similar to the lines of Detective Investigation Files III with Joe Ma's case. It was playing along to similar lines as Slicing of the Demon where deaths seem to occur via the supernatural, but only to reveal at the end that Joe was the mastermind behind everything. That would've made things much more intense and exciting. However, by the end of the sixth episode you already know everything which I don't find as effective.